Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

i dont understand why it isnt reviewable tbh lol
seems stupid to me

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Sep 24 2012, 11:01 PM

They better pay the refs or they will lose a lot of people. They have ruined so many games.

The problem is the longer they wait the less leverage the refs have. Sure we have things like this but on the flip side it gives these replacement refs more time. Throughout the season they should get better.

The refs need to realize they are not the players and ARE replaceable.

Also the sticking point in contract talks is the NFL wants to punish refs for bad calls kind of finny given the circumstances but the refs want nothing to do with it.

I think that is a valid request from the NFL as long as they are paying more.

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Sep 24 2012, 09:04 PM

They can't get people who ref high school to ref the pros. High school to college is hard and college to pros is even harder.
Ridicufuckinglus.

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Sep 24 2012, 11:04 PM

They can't get people who ref high school to ref the pros. High school to college is hard and college to pros is even harder.
most of them are from lower level college
its a pretty huge difference officiating D2 college games and primetime NFL games

Quote:Originally posted by lightningbolt444@Sep 24 2012, 10:05 PM

The problem is the longer they wait the less leverage the refs have. Sure we have things like this but on the flip side it gives these replacement refs more time. Throughout the season they should get better.

The refs need to realize they are not the players and ARE replaceable.

Also the sticking point in contract talks is the NFL wants to punish refs for bad calls kind of finny given the circumstances but the refs want nothing to do with it.

I think that is a valid request from the NFL as long as they are paying more.
The refs aren't getting better though.

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Sep 24 2012, 11:05 PM
i dont understand why it isnt reviewable tbh lol
seems stupid to me

You cant change who caught the ball on review only time a it can be reviewed is to verify fumble or not. However if they verify but find that the team that the call went against on the field actually dove on the ball first they cant change possession of the ball only determine if it was a fumble.

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Sep 24 2012, 11:07 PM

The refs aren't getting better though.

Its been 3 weeks. Overall they would get better over the season.

Quote:Originally posted by lightningbolt444@Sep 24 2012, 11:07 PM

You cant change who caught the ball  on review only time a it can be reviewed is to verify fumble or not. However if they verify but find that the team that the call went against on the field actually dove on the ball first they cant change possession of the ball only determine if it was a fumble.
yea i know.
im saying i dont understand why.
everyone sees that its an INT...isnt the point of replay to get the call correct?

you should be able to decide who has possession with replay imo
when its that obvious at least

I heard the NHL refs are looking for work...

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Sep 25 2012, 06:08 AM

yea i know.
im saying i dont understand why.
everyone sees that its an INT...isnt the point of replay to get the call correct?

you should be able to decide who has possession with replay imo
Yeah why even use it if it doesn't make a difference? Ruins the whole point of it. Watch the replay, see who got it, make the call. So stupid <_<

[Image: TtSHTwn.png]

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: VhDOEWm.png]

[Image: 486828_458689110841902_2103272939_n.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Royce@Sep 24 2012, 11:17 PM
[Image: 486828_458689110841902_2103272939_n.jpg]
+

Aaron Rodgers post game presser was hilarious

[Image: original.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by LX_Theo@Sep 25 2012, 05:37 PM
[Image: original.gif]
:lol:

[Image: TtSHTwn.png]

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: VhDOEWm.png]

God this season just keeps getting worse, can we please have the NHL back? i don't think i can take a whole season of this shit without the NHL to buffer it.