Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

My speech to my hometown high school would probably revolve around the fact that you can’t skip out on hard work. Having an immense amount of talent means nothing if you don’t keep constantly practicing day in and day out to become better with the aim to be the best. Having more talent than others is a blessing and shouldn’t be wasted. Someone is always out there practicing and working harder with to become better than you and you have to do the same and be in that mind set almost all the time. Not only does this go for hockey, but it’s also relevant in anything you do in life. You won’t just wake up one day and be the best at your craft. Whether it’s the medical field, financial field, a sport, or something else you always have to work at perfecting your knowledge and getting better each and every day. Never get complacent and that’s how you’ll be successful in life no matter what you decide to pursue.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 11:16 AM by Hoovuh.)

... and that is how I ended up on my rear end with the net on top of me and a huge rip on the back of my pants.. Anyone have any questions?

Schoolkid #1: *In high pitched english accent* "Do you miss home?
Ramsey: "Of course I do. I miss my mum and dad and especially my younger sisters. Its hard to live and play across half the world, but luckily we are able to find time to facetime and catch up. They watch all my games on the tele so they feel like I am always with them. One thing that I really miss is their cooking, especially the curry and kebabs."
School Kid #2: *In thick cockney accent* "Whats your favorite type of Ruby Murray?"
Ramsey: "A standard tikka masala is is great, but my favorite for sure is chicken vindaloo. Pair that with some aloo naan, and I am in heaven."

Many more questions are asked and answered, especially about ones about hockey, and Ramsey comes out of the speech feeling amazing. Hopefully he has inspired some of these kids to get into hockey programs and bring up the next generation of British hockey stars.

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Tor Tuck is going to give a speech that is promoting kids to keep up with their education and make sure it is a priority to their desire to be a professional athlete. As Tor Tuck’s career winds down he is starting to realize the importance of a fall back plan. He was fortunate enough to make it in the big league, the Simulation Hockey League. However, Tor Tuck is now ancient by the standards of hockey but still appears to have a significant amount of his life left to live. The end of his career is just around the corner yet when it ends he will have nothing left to do with his time or with his live. Tor’s speech is a memorable one that he thinks, or at least hopes, will convince at least one more young kid to keep up with their education rather than following in his footsteps of picking up a stick and hitting the ice.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

if you knnow anything about jason desroulex its that he loves kids. loves all the kids. you gotta teach kids how to be well so that they grow up and they're good in soceity. everyone starts as a kid so that is where we must start. desrouilex is going back to his high school. he atteneded quan high school where he was a star hockey player there. the children were all in awe of his presence. jason desroulex is a big strong hockey man so they were all very intimated. desrouelx inspired everyone in the hall. everybody even the kids and teachers. and how could he not? hes so handsome and wise you had no choice but to be inspired by his amazing speech about life and hockey. The speech went so well and desrouelx went home a happy man, having reunited with his past and setting up kids for the futrure of a good and strong happy life. well done desroulex

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Written Option A (150 words min.): What is the speech about? How are you going to try and inspire (or at least entertain) these kids? How does it go? Do you wind up mumbling on stage because you are a big buffoon who isn't can word good or are you an eloquent and captivating orator? Do you think the next [you] is out there in the audience listening?

Hugh Jazz speech was about being kind to one another and giving everyone the respect that they deserve everyday. Its good to treat people with respect and dignity and try to be a productive member of society. Not to shit on people when they are down on something or gang up on people. This is just a rough idea of what the speech was about and Jazz wouldn't actually swear to a bunch of kids. He just wanted to make sure everyone is treating people how they want to be treated. He hoped that everyone listened to what Jazz had to say as this is something that is important to everyone. He was hoping that he didn't mess up during his speech and looked like a clown and that the message came across cleanly and that the kids will be better in the future moving forward. Hopefully the next Jazz is out there in the audience.

[Image: sP4JRiG.png]

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

So in the offseason Adam got the opportunity to speak at the school he grew up in back in Norway.
He is a local legend there as not many SHL players come out of Norway, normally Adam is really good at giving speeches, i mean he gave them all the time when he was the captain of Kelowna
but these kids here arent his teammates, they are children, and they scare him.
So im sure his speech intended to be very inspirational about following your dreams, and that you can do what ever you up your mind to
but after all the mumbling and stuttering, i think all the kids got out of it is that getting hit alot in the head does a number on someone
and only those crazy enough will pursue a hockey careear, but i guess that is the kind of person it takes to make a hockey player
someone willing to but their body on the line, and who isnt afraid to drop the gloves to stand up for their teammates
so as well as he thinks he did, it will be interesting to see if he ever gets invited back

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Ok so the first step is watching the South Park episode where Cartman teaches kids how to cheat on tests like 5 times in a row. Getting down my impression of "How do I reach these keeeedz".

When the time comes for the speech, I scan the crowd for the next Slip McScruff. I mean really scan the crowd, because I bet my dad left a few half siblings out here at least a decade ago. I find one and the whole speech is really personal and directed right at this one person. The others don't matter, it's me and Slip Jr.

The other kids lose interest and the school tries to get me off the podium, but I'm stronger than them because I'm a professional defenseman in the SHL. I tell Slip Jr all about the secrets to unlocking our hidden hockey talents. The key that was left to him by his grandfather, the map he could never figure out how to read. I connect all the dots for him and see the understanding click in his eyes.

I think I made a difference on this day, I just hope he doesn't wake the Minotaur. Crap, I never said the line!

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

During an away game in Toronto, Los Angeles defensemen Oliver Cleary was asked to go back to where it all began. He was asked to go speak at his old high school in nearby Mississauga, where he played junior hockey with the OHL's Steelheads. Cleary was asked to speak about perseverance and putting the tools in place to be able to meet your personal potential. Cleary was someone who is an expert on this topic. Cleary was one of the few true rookies in the past few seasons in the SHL which is someone he was able to lean on. He doesn't think of himself as a great public speaker, typically speaking to the media in whatever hockey cliches he can muster up so that he's able to get in and out pretty quickly. But this time he decided to put his ideas on paper so he could draw from them in a pinch.

Code:
154 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Barrett was asked to come back to the University of Minnesota and give a talk to the student body, but especially to the school hockey team in attendance. It was absolutely an honor to do, even though he's never really fancied himself much of a public speaker. Because of his success of making it onto an SHL squad with the Blizzard and also having played for Team USA, the school thought he would be an excellent choice to speak on the value of hard work to accomplish your goals. More than once he thought about himself sitting in those very seats, being inspired by someone on that stage, and hoped that he was doing the hopes of the administration justice. He definitely stumbled over his words on a couple of occasions, but he felt at the end like he had definitely said what he wanted to. He got a pretty good ovation from everyone in attendance and was even asked to sign a few autographs. It was a very humbling experience, especially getting to speak privately with the hockey team and having several of the players tell him that they had followed his career and hoped to play like him one day.

Code:
202 words

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

It had been a few months since Wolfpack Prospect and Anaheim Outlaws Blue Liner James LeBlond had an opportunity to return to Biddeford, Maine. Before the season began, LeBlond was asked if he could attend the unveiling to the new rebranding effort for the Biddeford Youth Hockey Association. With now working closely with the University of New England, a college LeBlond did not attend, the BYHA is now known as the Junior Nor'Easters. LeBlond participated in some drill exercises with skaters from 10-16 years old, worked them around some board drills, and then spoke to the entire group about the hard work he continues to do on a daily basis. "I'm honored to have been drafted by the Wolfpack. It's a dream come true to play close to home with friends and family. But nothing is automatic.", he began. "I'm challenged every day to prove that I belong on that ice. If I don't stay focused, I'll lose my edge, and not realize my goals. I'm playing hockey to win a Championship, and be the best player I can be on that ice. It all started here on this same ice you now play on, and it continues to this day. Don't give up, don't slow down. Think your best, and be your best!"

LeBlond is early in his 3rd season with the Anaheim Outlaws, and has 14 Goals and 40 Assists from the blue line in 111 Career Regular Season Games for the Outlaws. He was drafted 24th Overall the prior season, and is hopeful to see action on Wolfpack ice in the next couple seasons.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 08:18 PM by LairdButler.)

Hanson: “Alright kids, it has been a real honor to have been asked to talk to you today. I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed being here. Before I get out of here, you guys got any questions for me?”
Kid 1: “Is it true you won a bunch of awards when you were playing in the Junior Leagues?”
Hanson: “Yeah, I guess you could say that. Before I left the J’s to go up New England, I was pretty lucky when it came to winning awards. I won the Four-Star Cup with both The Anchorage Armada and The Carolina Kraken. I also won a Bronze and a Gold Medal playing for Team USA in the World Junior Championships.”
Kid 2: “WOW! Did you have like more awards than all the other Rookies?”
Hanson: “I don’t know, buddy. Maybe somebody should look into that.”
Hanson: “Alright, one last question and I’ve got to go.”
Kid 3: “What’s the most important thing to remember before a game?”
Hanson: “That’s easy pal. Before every game, you gotta put the FOIL on!”
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  183 Words

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

This past offseason Jukka went back home to Finland, and when word traveled that he had come back for a visit, he was invited to speak at his old school to the current kids there. He reluctantly accepted - he doesn't like public speaking that much, and tries to stay away from the media as much as possible during the season - but he knows that it's important and means a lot to the kids. The speech was nothing spectacular, he delivered the usual talking points about determination, working hard, and teamwork. An important point for him though is that he made sure the speech extended past more than just sports, and could also be applied to motivate them to do well in school, as he took academics very seriously even when his hockey career started to look promising. The best part of being invited back was sticking around for the gym class for the day, where they got out the floor hockey sticks and nets and he joined the kid's game. He has a feeling he made a bigger impact from this than from a boring speech that none of them were listening to.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

Stein Nilsen has never been great with people, much less in front of bigger crowds. It took him days upon days to prepare his speech and mentally prepare himself for the task at hand. His speech is all about his path to the bid leagues and what hardships he has had to overcome. Overall, it is about perseverance and and if your mind is truly set on something, there is nothing that can stop you from achieving your goal. He has some corny jokes thrown in to try and keep it light-hearted but wants to get the message across that even with life kicks you down, you need to get back up and push forward to get what you want. After he finishes his speech, Nilsen feels it went pretty well, better than he expected at least, and the audience of children gave him a warm, loud round of applause. Stein hopes the kids got the message and will reach for the stars and achieve whatever goals they have set for themselves.

[Image: image0.jpg][Image: bordon.png]

Henrik Lekberg Osterman attended a small high school by most standards and is well known within his hometown as word travels fast in small town communities. The speech itself was fairly short and not too convoluted. HLO himself remembers how long winded and boring many of the speeches they had the endure as high school students were. Some of them were just plain displays of personal vanity. That is absolutely not what HLO wanted to do. He kept it short and to the point. He spoke about growing up in a small town, about the importance of friends and community, about how your attitudes towards life and you personal philosophy can help shape your view on everything in life and how a strong work ethic and good manners can take you almost anywhere. He wasn't a particularly good speaker, but he felt that he got at least a few kids to listen. Hockey is a very popular sport around the area so hopefully his advice makes a difference to someone wanting to pursue it as a career.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]