Create Account

Rich and Luke - Topic/Question thread

Long time listner first time caller, can JY talk about his chainsaw accident?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Hey! Luke is back!

And, with HTT taking this week off, @Faelax will be joining us!

I don't have any planned topics for this week, so let us know what you'd like us to talk about!

Shl

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Oh, I almost forgot. We will be going live/recording on Sunday, 8pm eastern this week!

Adam Prpich Portal Link

Fael: how are you finding GMing so far? What's surprised you about it in terms of something you didn't expect to be part of the job?

All: Hot take on expansion protections? Which teams have the hardest choices to make?

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Holy buckets!

We are recording episode 25 this weekend! Saturday, at 8pm eastern!

Of course, we're going to talk about the Ace stuff, the Seattle brand, and we might look at the index.

Let us know what else we should talk about!

I promise I'll have the stream working this week.

Shl

Adam Prpich Portal Link

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 12:14 PM by bluesfan55.)

i asked this in htt and ill ask it again: who is your favorite for NEW gm now?

takes on the LAP situation (luke no tamper pls)?

Armada

Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 05:50 PM by JayWhy.)

We've talked about this in Manhattan a bit, give me your tier ranking of GMs. S being highest tier. Include Grapehead, dankoa and Ace for funsies since they made these teams. Up to you if expansion GMs get included.

Who is a player you think was snubbed for the HOF? Who is in the HOF that shouldn't be?

This season had pretty clearly defined playoff and non playoff teams. With expansion upcoming and playoffs going to 12 teams (6 per conference, I think 3 per division), who do you think will be the playoff teams? Will there be more of a race for the 6 seed than there is for the 4 now? Do you think we'll see a 6 seed make the Cup Finals ever?

What are your drag names? Last night Kayla and I were discussing them because she called someone Shonequa Queef and I thought it sounds like a drag name. Mine is Ava Blanche.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

One bold expansion draft prediction each

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Most interesting storyline as we head into the post/offseason?

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

You get to go back in time and pull Inception on an SHL or SMJHL GM for one decision they made.  What do you do?  Choose a different player with a draft pick? Make a trade to bring a player to your current or former team? Prevent a heinous transgression from occurring? Keep the Riot in Seattle?

Everyone always asks around this time of season "Hey, [insert podcaster here], who will go first in the draft?" and that's boring. Especially since half the time they just rattle off some obvious recreate who is killing it (Sup, Flappy). So who are the first gens in the upcoming SHL Draft who have caught your eye? Not saying they'll go early, or that you'd even draft them if given the chance in Luke's case. Just who has impressed you.

If you had to delete all but three apps from your phone, which three apps do you keep?

Zach Evans | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 06:03 PM by JayWhy.)

So after looking at the index, it appears San Francisco didn't start their back-up for 6 games -- in fact, it reads as they didn't start him for any. While this is something I'm sure the league will investigate deeper, historically any line issues fall on the GM as they had ample opportunity to verify lines are uploading and being used throughout the entire season and catch up with games otherwise. The penalty for missing back-up games is a $2M Cap Penalty per game missed as well as having to play the back-up 1 extra game per game missed, so for next season they will have a 12M cap penalty and have to play their back-up for 12 games if the rule is enacted to the letter of the law. So questions:

1) What would your plan be for San Francisco to get under cap and continue moving their rebuild forward?

2) Looking back on the Kryyst deal, which the reaction to drove Grape off the site, where they gave a 1st for him and he played 133 minutes this season and now will cost them 12M against the cap not to mention his 5M contract Grape signed him for -- is this the worst or among the worst trades of all time?

3) Will San Francisco become the first team to accidentally go 0-50-0?

4) Grape moved the team from Portland to San Fran to separate itself from the "negative image and history" of Portland, and to start a new era without all the punishments and problems. How'd he do?

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

1. In your guys opinions, how is the S56 reddit draft class shaping up to be? A weak reddit class, strong, normal?

2. Since we're talking about the Hall of Fame, there are 5 players from the S41 draft class that have a serious shot at the HOF (atleast in my eyes) so I'm going to list those five players and I want you guys to tell me if they deserve to be in the HOF or not. Kristaps Ball, Benjamin Blue, Kata Vilde, Piotr Czerkawski and Flacko Lagerfield.

[Image: 3.png]

For Luke:

Why do you suck so bad at Fall Guys?

For both:

Who are some players you think will actually to free agent and where do you think they will land?

Do you think LA can complete with Texas and Calgary since most of their core re-signed?

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

What do you think the future holds for Geoff "Greg" Moore?

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Rich and Luke! Episode 26! Tomorrow, August 28, 8pm eastern!

We'll talk about the new team branding that was posted Monday. We'll probably talk SHL playoffs too. Let us know what else we should talk about!

Shl

Adam Prpich Portal Link