Create Account

S55 mPT #4 - Make The Case

Code:
A bit forward-looking here, but Tampa Bay will continue their drastic improvement and win double-digit games next season

FOR

It’s kind of a no brainer I think it’s gonna be really easy for them to get 10 wins next year. The team is going to improve gonna be adding new rookies the real challenge is going to be getting to 11.

[Image: HqPCLbj_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand]

Code:
No one can hold a candle to the Berserkers; they will hoist the Four Star Cup

Against. Someone has to, their goal horn is way too horrible and they need to be out of the playoffs ASAP to keep people from hearing it too much.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

The new expansion teams should be placed in West Virginia and Montana #NOLEAKS

False because Montana is basically one of those useless states no one actually cares about and virgina is too close to the inbred state of west virgina so no I think both of these would be horrible places for expansion

"A bit forward-looking here, but Tampa Bay will continue their drastic improvement and win double-digit games next season."

For. A season under new management, a chance to sign on free agents under that potential, and reapong some of the old draft picks into new rookies offers a chance to take another step toward contention. Now that they have the attention they've needed, their mean will rise.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Quote:The new expansion teams should be placed in West Virginia and Montana #NOLEAKS

This is just big facts, honestly. As somebody born and raised in West Virginia, I can tell you one thing they love is hockey. They love the fights, they love the hits. Sometimes people score and they're like, oh that's cool sure. But this would be a rabid quarter of the arena crowd like some others, and it would be great. Plus, think of all the great legends the team could base off of. Can you imagine the West Virginia Mothmen?

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Well yeah, have you met a berserker? Would YOU want to hold a candle up to them? They're scary and they will eat your face if you do that.

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2020, 09:23 PM by mee.)

FALSE

The red hot Vancouver Whalers should be the new favorites. Winning the past 5 straight the Whalers are the hottest team in the league right now. And Johnny Shuffleboard has risen from the dead. They may have had a weird season, but they are set for the playoffs.

{48 words}

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

Quote:Parker Smeb is the toughest player in the entire SHL

Maybe in the FHM era, but not overall. It's disappointing to see a player who before the switch was a middle of the road but serviceable defenseman become overcharged and overpowered within a new system.

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

Against: While I do believe Newfoundland is a powerhouse and force to be reckoned with, I think they will fall before the finals and the Cup will go eventually go to the Anchorage Armada.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2020, 03:53 AM by Leoben.)

Quote:The New England Wolfpack are the best team that won't make the playoffs

For. I’m actually pulling for them to make it which makes no sense but Chicago has been weird this season. Chicago are not playing the way they are capable but I think they will survive and make the playoffs, leaving New England to be the best team that didn’t make it.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders Patriotes

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

The MVP awards are Monkey D Luffy's to lose

FOR - as someone who has picked Monkey D Luffy on his fantasy team, with a second round pick none the less, it is important he remains on top of his game and contributes to his team as he does. Continue and the mvp award should be his for sure.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Code:
New Orleans will break the FHM President's Trophy Curse and win the Challenge Cup as well

New Orleans has already proven themselves as a Challenge Cup winning team. Last season they cut their way through the competition and were able to take down the Steelhawks, who were seen as the main antagonists and team to beat in the SHL, with little resistance. They made it look easy, quite frankly. @JKortesi81 has done an incredible job building an elite roster and New Orleans only got better after winning the cup last season. I think it's very likely that they will repeat as league champions, I just don't see another team that is on the same level as them at the moment.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

Against. Others have mentioned Anchorage and Kelowna, but Vancouver is also coming into the playoffs hot, having just beaten Anchorage twice in a back-to-back and coming back from an abysmal start to .500 real quick. Their systems and core are much improved since the beginning. I think there's a case for any of Kelowna, Anchorage, Carolina, or Maine to win, but, Vancouver are already the alternate dimension Four Star Cup champions, and I see the timelines collapsing into one and the Whalers hoisting it.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

The new expansion teams should be placed in West Virginia and Montana #NOLEAKS

Of course Montana should be there, though I smell some potential difficulties in waiving players, as it's only state in whole united states where you can't be fired for no reason on the spot by your employer.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

A bit forward-looking here, but Tampa Bay will continue their drastic improvement and win double-digit games next season

FOR: I think Tampa Bay is rising up from the team they were last season, this season alone shows that, but they have so many prospects that are chomping at the bit to come up and could turn into a legitimate contender within the next few seasons that I think it would be foolish to think they dont win double digits next season.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]