Create Account

S56 PT #2 - Fix It

If you look at the top teams around the league - Hamilton, Buffalo, Edmonton, Calgary, Chicago, Manhattan, New Orleans - these teams aren't exactly new to success. A look at the budgeting team reveals a lot of their success. They have plenty of players on super team-friendly deals, which frees up cap space to get even more talent on board. We know that a few stray superstars isn't enough to get it done, you need to essentially fill the top two lines and pairings with superstars these days, and getting that contract situation right is a key part in that. Which brings me to the weakness of the two expansion teams - Seattle and Atlanta. The cap situation on these teams is not great, leaving them unable to assemble a roster like Hamilton or Buffalo or Chicago. These two teams have a combined 1 Home Town Discount contract (1 for atlanta and 0 for seattle), when almost all the other top teams are using both slots. That's a huge boost to cap. In addition, these new expansion teams are overpaying talent - Guy Zheng for 6m, Eko Van Otter for 6m, Tig Murphy for 5m - those players do not need to be making that much, and paying them that much takes away money from the team that could be spent elsewhere. @hotdog @notorioustig

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Weak spots. So many weak spots appear in the Simulaiton Hockeyt league. But which ones stand out? In my mind its gotta Toronto north stars. specifically the goalie position. But perhaps this is the not the worst. The Buffalo Stampede have very weak legs in the center deparatment. They should really look to address this in perhaps future drafts or furthermore in free agency. I think wannabefinn has his hands full with this issue. With all the other issues the buffalo stampede our facing, it might be hard to nail this one down in a fast and respectful matter. I do think that WannaBe Finn has a few ways to address this issue. He could trade for one at the deadline. The toronto north stars for example have a few noteworthy centers who might be available for trade. I could see the buffalo stampede handling this issue in that matter. Good luck wannabe finn, you are in trouble buddy

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

I’m sure every team in the league has something they could probably improve on. The Chicago Syndicate are off to a solid start this season with 13 wins and 2 losses. However there are still areas of improvement that need to be made if the team wants to win a cup. Firstly, in both of their losses the Syndicate were shut out. That is pretty unacceptable for a team with that much firepower. The team needs to make sure that they capitalize better on their scoring chances consistently. Roster wise, the team is pretty good with no defensemen under 1000 TPE and only 2 forwards below that who have prospects ready to replace them next season. Managerial wise I think the GM should be fired, clearly the worst GM in the league. Branding wise I think the Syndicate do a decent job. It’s probably not the best in the league but they utilize a unique gold and black colour scheme which no team had and the city of Chicago was a hot location for an expansion franchise but depending on personal opinion there are probably things that could be improved.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

The St. Louis Scarecrows currently has two primary weaknesses, youth and inactives, causing a lack of goal scoring (an issue last year). The Scarecrows currently have six rookies and six 2nd year players coupled with seven inactives. The Scarecrows currently only have three active defensemen, all now at their allowable maximum builds. The fourth and fifth defensemen stalled at mid-240 TPE while their last defenseman is stuck at 161TPE.

On forward, the Scarecrows currently have two full lines of 300+ TPE players; however, only two are at the 425 max. The rest of the players are rookies or inactives with less than 200 TPE.

The lack of active players and the significant amount of youth are causing an overall lower TPE team that struggles to score goals. Currently, the Scarecrows highest point-getter is at 13pts in 16 games and the 2nd and 3rd are tied at 10 each. With the lack of scoring, only seven players have a positive +/-, with the highest tied at +3.

The only way to fix this is time by drafting, signing, or trading for active players who want to play for St. Louis.

[Image: budweiser.png]

ISFL Affiliate (Username: Thor)

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

150+ words, describe a weak spot of a current SHL or SMJHL team and how you would address it. It can be part of the roster, managerial decisions, the branding, the location, etc. - just don't take personal shots at anyone. What would be your strategy to deal with this weakness and improve the roster/franchise?

When i first read this prompt, I thought I needed to reevaluate a site aspect, presumably the oft-criticized graphics department, so I am relieved that I don't need to flesh out the Carpy and my direct messages and problem "solving" steps, all 11 months of them.

Within the actual league, the stones that I throw are in the direction of my own glass house. Despite having the 5th highest TPE of any player in the league, Julio's play hasn't taken off yet. Despite being surrounded by elite talent for his entire career (Cuddles, Rockefeller, Pepperoni, Morgan, Kane, McIntyre, Tuck, Scholz, Forty-One, Finn-Rhys, Boivin (?), etc.) Julio has never produced at a level even with his earning or his linemates' ability. His build has needed steady work for his entire career. 12th in the league is reasonable, and Julio is proud to score for his team at all, but his lack of understanding of what a good build is is truly troubling.

Other: The Edmonton Blizzard defensive prospect pool has a very large gap and is not ready to keep up with the strength of the forward pipeline.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

As the GM for the Minnesota Monarchs, I don't think I need to pretend that my team is still in the rebuild phase. The sim results speak for themselves some days but we are steadily improving. The biggest problem we have had for a while was a lack of active players. It's definitely hard to get better in the SHL if you only have 4-5 players updating and the rest are stagnant. The biggest fix for this has been a focus on drafting and retention quite honestly. I have struck out in the FA market many times since I took over(who could guess top players don't want to usually play on teams at the bottom of the standings). Minnesota is now entering a time where we are beginning to call up a lot of our prospects to make the full roster fill out. For example, just last season we had 4 active forwards, 1 active D, and 1 active G. This season we have 6 active forwards(with 2-3 making the jump next season), 4 active D, and 2 active G on the roster. The next hurdle for the team is just earning TPE. A lot of the team is still young and around the 1k mark which makes it hard to compete with teams putting out rosters averaging 1500 TPE. But that will be a problem solved by time. We should be back into a playoff spot faster than people expect with the West looking like a chaotic storm most days.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  Grizzlies  

[Image: TMV4HCL.png]

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

The current weak spot on the Detroit Falcons team is the lack of veterans on the ice. After the succesful S53 draft class, the Detroit Falcons saw the last one of these badass birds get called up to the big leages last season. The there were some early call ups from their S54 class as well. Currently, the only active S54 player on the team is their fantastic goalie: Thor Odinson. The team has 8 rookies, and another 7 second year players. Only 5 players on their current roster have been with the Falcons for more than 2 seasons already.

How I would change this? Honestly, I wouldn't. This season is not our time to shine, it is our time to build. With two full classes of young prospects growing up hard, we'll be back at the top of the tables and dominating the post-season fast. Mark my words, the Detroit Falcons will soon be back to take your cups.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

PBE PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

Fix the New England Wolfpack... It kind of used to be my job, and I'd think that the new management team are picking up right where I left off. We shed all the players that declared an interest in testing the market or leaving the team, and amassed a small army of first round selections. We still have a small core of elite tier players like Slap McShotty, Jakub Bruchevski and Sven Yxskaft, and will be supplementing their foundational roles with the next wave of dynamic prospects like Alexander Oscarsson, Guðmundur Kristjánsson, Leonids Balzams, Teylora Petrov, Grandmaster Funk, and more. We've already seen young players make the jump up with Ethan Price, (Clean) Andrei and Erben Kasius. There's not a whole lot to fix, we just have to stay grinding away and remain on the course we are on. These prospects that we have in the system can not bust.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

While my junior team the Maine Timbers is sitting on top of the eastern conference, we have struggled a lot with the offensive production given how strong and deep the offensive side of the team is. Having "only" 48 goals after 17 games is not comparable to the over 3 goals per game the team scored last season.
During last season almost a third of the team goals came during the man advantage, compare that to only 6 out of 48 goals this season. It's clear that one of the main issues we are having is not finding the offensive power we had last season during our power plays.
While we have let in less goals per game than last season, we're still struggling slightly with some of our old key defensive pieces being called up to the big league, forcing our younger, less developed players to having to show up and carry a bigger responsibility than what they are ready for.

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

[Image: 8WU1pAb.png]

I looked at the depth of the TBB and saw how many Imposters there were on our ship. On the current roster and prospects, anybody who is Inactive is an Imposter at this point. As you can see, the current roster has both goalies, and the majority of the Defense who sus and about to be kicked. While the prospect pool is fantastic and only has one imposter, in a position that is already flush full. Some of those right wingers will probably end up playing some Center or LW time coming up in a few seasons. The good news is that both goalies drafted in S56 are active, and progressing at great rates. While TBB may be struggling at the moment, and probably next year too. When the development comes through, and these past 3 seasons of draftees make their ways up. There isn't going to be a lot stopping TBB, as long as 75% of the team stays active.

There's really no point in talking about what the team needs right now, the only answer to that is time.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Looking at the SMJHL standings I could not help notice the used to be dominate Kelowna Knights at the very bottom of the league or very close to it sitting second worse with 8 points in the standings.

Defense is the be all to get fixed in my opinion with a putrid 61 goals against in 15 games played. But, the offense itself is also putrid. Although the Knights were contending for a 4 Star cup last season, they some how lost sight on an aging team and failed to make any transactions to transition a decimated defensive core as well as the offense. Lost a total of 8 bodies if memory serves me well, they stock piled in draft picks with a total of 10 in next smjhl draft. They will have to some how invest in more scouts to assure they do not miss out on a great player(s). They are currently holding on to two great goal keepers and in my opinion they should move them both and get a couple of bodies. One on defense and one at center.

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]