Create Account

S56 PT #2 - Fix It

PBE AFFILIATE PT

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

I'm going with the team I know best, the team my player is on, the New Orleans Specters.  I will be nitpicking here, because just under half way through the season, we sit tied for second overall in the Western conference, not too shabby if you ask me.  With over a half of season to go, a lot can happen and there are always areas to improve on and looking at the Specters, the one area that I think we can and need to get better at is blocking shots.  Currently, New Orleans does not have one player in the top 50 for blocked shots.  The top blocker for NOLA is Rex Kirkby with 33, while the SHL shot block leader is sitting at 95.  I think that if the Specters can get in front of a few more shots per game, they might tip the scales on some of the closer games that we've lost this season (NOLA leads the league with 5 OTL's).

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

One team that I think could be fixed is with the Los Angeles Panthers. The team is currently pretty old, boasting 7 players currently in regression, as well as an additional 4 entering regression next season. They also have several defenders who are below replacement level in TPE, who could be replaced by a prospect in their 3rd or 4th season. The problem is, they don't have any SHL ready prospects. After graduating Jimmy Wagner last season, they boast only 2 prospects in the S54 class (next to graduate). These players might end up being decent contributers, but they lag 100-200 TPE behind the class leaders already. Los Angeles has no S55 prospects, and then a group of S56 prospects, a few of which seem to be top earners. Los Angeles will need some prospects to step up right away and fill in the gaps. Luckily for them, there are a few teams with S54 top prospects and no spot to put them, such as Buffalo, Hamilton and maybe Chicago. There are also teams like Tampa Bay and New England who are accumulating prospects at a rate that they will not be able to graduate. Taking some of the early top earners (S54, S53) that might not exactly line up with the windows of the team would be a good idea. They also will be dealing from a position of strength as those other teams don't have a lot of leverage. [241 words]

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

The Vancouver Whalers are super good and super hot this year. Built from the ashes for the entire FHM era so far, this team has worked hard and suffered through some terrible seasons to finally assemble a team in S56 that is expected to win most matchups. The emergence of the rookie phenom goaltender Jon St. Ark has helped push the team to a stellar 18-5 start to the season. Even amidst such success, there are always things that can be improved upon.

Firstly, Mills could grow a few feet.

Secondly, Name Redacted could learn to not let the first shot in. Seems like nearly half the games he starts in, one of the first pucks always trickles in. He's unable to find a cause, and it is really pissing him off.

Finally, the team could stop shooting into the damn logo. Most games, Vancouver is outshooting the other team by a factor of 3 or 4, yet they are usually only winning by a couple goals. If the team could hit the twine instead of the crest, they would be unstoppable.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

Heard the window is open for Maine, so I figured I'd build an actual Maine window.

[Image: UzTBVUT.jpg]

[Image: sulov.gif]

Code:
Written option: 150+ words, describe a weak spot of a current SHL or SMJHL team and how you would address it. It can be part of the roster, managerial decisions, the branding, the location, etc. - just don't take personal shots at anyone. What would be your strategy to deal with this weakness and improve the roster/franchise?

I'm going to use my team, the Winnipeg Jets, for this example because it's easier for me to talk about. I think our biggest problem is that we're so close to making the playoffs but we're always the team that seems to always miss out. Whether it's one spot or two, we're in the race until the end but we can never make that jump to secure a playoff spot. We're in a spot where we have an easy time beating the bad teams but have a tough time beating the good teams, and there are more good teams than bad teams right now. We have the players to be a great team but for some reason, we just can't break out of this playoff slump. Maybe a shift in some lines or tactics are needed otherwise I think maybe acquiring a few pieces could really help us improve and get us over the hump and compete with the big teams.

Code:
161 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

The Toronto North Stars are really missing a physical player in their team right now. I took a look at the team and the hit leaders look like this right now:

Axel Mezaros - 56
Ruslan Zaporozhets - 49
Rhys Pritchard - 29
Hiro Fujikawa - 25

Those are some ok numbers, but let’s look at my numbers in the J. 
Juni Panda - 99

:shock:

99 Hits from the second line. I’m not ONLY here to toot my own horn though, even if that’s mostly why I’m here. I’m just saying every team SHOULD have a player who is willing to get physical, down and dirty, to play the heel to keep their team safe on the ice. Someone who is willing to knock the other team down so that their own guys don’t get bullied too often. I know it’s going to be a couple seasons before I get called up due to my low earning but I still think Toronto could use SOMEONE willing to get the big hits more or less.  Also I know nothing about hockey.

(176 Words)

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2020, 04:50 PM by JKortesi81.)

I spend way too much of my current life thinking about what I can do to “fix” the New Orleans Specters, so I may as well just put those thoughts on paper. Now, for those not “in the know”, you may be asking yourself: “Why do you even want to fix the Specters?”. It’s true, in my 10 seasons running New Orleans, since it’s inception, we’ve made the playoffs every season. We’ve been to three Challenge Cup Finals, winning one cup, and losing in 7 games twice. That’s pretty damn good. So what is there to fix? Well, first off, I’ve spent much too much time trading first round picks for “current” good players. Trades similar to Olivier Cloutier ( @Jenny ) for two firsts gives us one hell of a player in their prime (and a great LR person), but it doesn’t “stock the cupboard”. It also gives us this “stale” feeling. The players I’ve been blessed with in my tenure are SHL STUDS. People like @slothfacekilla , @FuzzSHL , @TheDangaZone , @Nictox , @BadWolf , @Blastmeaway, and so many others have been around since day one. We had a blast in our little family atmosphere as we came oh-so-close to winning the cup many times. Honestly, we should have another cup or two. All of a sudden, trading those higher picks or prospects for high TPE players kind of kept the same people around for a long time. There wasn’t much “fresh” blood that came aboard and kept things new. Add into the fact that my real life got much more difficult, and I wasn’t around NEARLY as much as I should’ve been and before you knew it, most of my super awesome friends started to go other places. Those people can never be replaced, but because we also didn’t have new faces to even attempt to take those places, things died off a little bit. So the “fix” is getting my activity up and making sure the three first round picks we have this next draft start to warm this place up a bit more. Its not bad by any means, but it isn’t perfect. (356)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2020, 05:35 PM by JMacNCheese.)

I say we burn it all down! Fire everyone, gut the whole organization, from GM to juniors, and then sell the team to the highest bidder. Go home bust out the good wine, order a bunch of food and watch whatever platform you use, whether it is Hulu or Netflix does not matter anymore, you are free of all burdens. I am joking, I mean it, JK finger quotes as the kids say today. Now to be serious, the Minnesota Monarchs have been struggling on the offensive side of the ice. Recent years saw them draft a lot of defense. Which is turn is good, if the other team can not or has trouble scoring, it leaves the door open for mediocre offense to get one in the back of the net to win. Just look at the New York Islanders, just saying if you can score more than 2 goals on them you win. Now I know the offensive side is in the works and is young and improving every game, so I would only shore up some depth and future offensive players. The defense is young and improving and will be a force in the couple of season, which helps when you have a TPE'd out of his mind goaltender (@KlusteR) behind the young squad (and one old man, sorry @Segi). It is slowly all coming together and improving every season, so in due time Minnesota will be up there with the best of them, if not revert back to what I was originally saying. You are doing fiiiiiine @SpartanGibbles that's what we keep tell him shhhh...

Monarchs (283 words) Monarchs

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

ISFL PT#1 - https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid368985
Username - PMoney

Affiliate ISFL

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid368844

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

The Big Wanger has been helping out around the house and arena by offering free* law consultation for potential divorces to fix their bad relationships!

**Augustus Wang is not liable for any actual legal matters done. He's just trying to get the thots out of the locker room.

[Image: scyt7bN.png]

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

In my opinion Atlanta is a really good team that just needs to have more offensive depth. You look at a guy like Eko Van Otter who is clearly one of the top players in the entire league along with Elijah Jones and Manuel Gotze, that's a pretty darn good first line. But past that there's a serious need for offensive depth at all three positions. Thankfully guys like Carlos Brown and Patric Twist are coming up in the system. Unfortunately both are wingers so if I had to choose one of the three positions I would pick center. Heck even Eko Van Otter is a winger himself so that shows we could really really use a center.

If you look at our defense we're probably one of the top defenses in the entire SHL so that definitely doesn't need help. Guy Zheng is a total star and then you have 4 other defensemen who are more than capable of playing on the top pair. It's great because it allows for a lot of different defensive combinations for if something isn't working.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

This feels like the cop out answer, but for the Toronto North Stars, the weak spot of their team is the Inactives.  Right now we have three Inactive Defensemen; Ti-Guy Emond, Heat Siecker, and Daniel Kuster, two Inactive Forwards; Hiro Fujikawa, and Jan Zacha, and one Inactive Goalie; Monty Montgomery.  Next Season, there will be four players coming up to fill in these vacancies.  Scoochie Stratton will be replacing Monty Montgomery in the Goalie room, and give Harry Carpet a few more games of rest throughout the season, while we’ll have Ryosuke Sato, Alexei Petrikov, and making the transition from Forward to Defender, Luffy Richard, will take the spots of all of the Inactive Defensemen, leaving only two Inactive Forwards.  Remaining in their Prospect Pool are five Wingers from Season 55, which they can either call up next season to complete their Roster or let them stay down for another year to complete one last time with their SMJHL teams, but seeing as it’ll still be a tough task for Toronto to make the Post Season in the Great Lakes Division, I would keep them down and push off the decisions until the next Season.

Quote:195 words

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

A problem with the Kelowna Knights is that goaltender Vertigo ( me ) He refuses to play well in the net and it has been by far really a lack luster season for Vertigo thus far. there have been games that are close and then vertigo will poop the bed in the third period and or just not show up the whole game. a 85 save percentage is not going to cut it and I hope through my updates he can play better because I feel Vertigo is bringing down the team from being a strong contender. The fix that has to happen is TPE and updates and some luck. being 3 wins 4 losses and 3 ot losses does not cut it. that is basically a 3 wins to a 7 loss stat and honestly it needs to be better. I hope it picks up or else I will remember this season as the season where I got melted by the entire SMJHL. I am spending another season in the SMJHL regardless. hopefully vertigo is out of his slump in a few games because yikes.

184 words