Create Account

s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline

New orleans need to restock for next season, I think they will build up some second round picks for some of the aging vets on their squad on short contracts to some contenders/ other competitors in the Weak west...

All depends if they are holding play-off position or not when TD comes around...

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2020, 06:51 PM by nour.)

For the last few seasons the eastern conference has been star studded and incredibly dominant, so in terms of teams that need to buy, I'd look towards the western conference's top teams. Edmonton and New Orleans could stand to improve their rosters, but the real team that should be in the race for deadline deals should be Calgary. They're completely dominating the western conference right now and almost have their path to the Challenge Cup finals paved for them, the hardest battle will be shutting down whichever Eastern Conference juggernaut team they have to fend off for the S56 title. If I was Calgary I would look to be very engaged in any 1300+ wingers or defenders available to take playing time away from Barkov or Rublic. San Francisco and Minnesota could be really interesting teams to look at if Calgary wants to bolster their roster for a cup run.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

I dont know a lot about hockey or much about trades and trade deadlines but i know that the hamilton steelhawks are stocked up for a solid few seasons. perhaps san fransisco looks to beef up their roster.

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I think the only teams that should look at buying at a deadline are the top 2-3 in a conference. Those are the teams that would benefit from picking up a big name to win now. In the West I would say Calgary,Edmonton, or Texas/New Orleans. In the East I would go Hamilton, Chicago, Manhatten/Buffalo.

Conversely it's hard to say who I would see actually selling at the deadline. You could make a case for SFP, but not owning their own first makes it less of a great move this season. I know many think MIN should sell the few older players we have left, but they are just hitting regression at higher TPE levels and are set to stay good while the younger core is now making the jump and passing 1K TPE. A team can't eternally sell every season they don't make the playoffs and not many teams at the top are looking to move young top talent just to maybe win 1 cup.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  Grizzlies  

NEW should be activ and trade for best defanse person Juka Temanen and also all other Brezerker because it only make sensse after NEWfonland we go to new teem : NEW Englend Wolf (NEW) and meet the queen.

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

I think that the SMJHL Kelowna Knights have done an awesome job so far with their rebuild, they still need to move some other players who are nearing the end of their smjhl careers. Guys like Devin Williams and Simon Takshak are season 54 crops and still have much value.

More so Takshak, as he is still active and can contribute on a contending team. Seeing him land in Vancouver or Carolina and play an aggressive in your face type hockey while showing a veteran presence can be very helpful for those two clubs. Takshak with 63 hits so far this season would be the leader in that stat in Carolina and also would bring some much needed offense to the team. While he only has 7 goals, he does cause many turnovers and has a good number of takeaways (22) that would be a team high for forwards on the Kraken.

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

The Atlanta Inferno have gone the way of the Vegas Golden Knights in the NHL and gotten pretty good far earlier than most people expected. Being an expansion team they most likely have many picks in their possession that they could pawn off at the deadline to make their team even stronger

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

This season has been rough for the Buffalo Stampede. They were looking to dominate once again and yet everything seems to have fallen apart this early in the season. They should look to trade Matt Kholin away to either Hamilton or Chicago so that the simmer curse can make their rivals lose instead.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

The Colorado Raptors should be sellers at this deadline. They are a middle of the road team with a number of aging players they can move to let their young core grow with high draft picks.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

The Chiefs should sell Rocco Berni because he has been an absolute bust in the race for the Jesster trophy thus far. Send him somewhere horrible like San Francisco so he'll really learn his lesson.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Baltimore should probably sell. They could trade Nat Emerson for a "Monstrous Package", which is a phrase I am a fan of, and bring in a crazy haul for the elite defender.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Teams like Detroit and Kelowna might be considering trading some of their star players especially if the older players are going up to the big show soon, a draft pick or two could go long way in building the next years team.

With the trade deadline getting closer and the dust settling a bit on the SHL, we get a clearer view of which teams stands where. Based on their current situation, this is what each team should be doing. GM's may not agree, but they might be just as wrong as I am.

Atlanta Inferno - Atlanta just got into the league through the expansion draft. They're doing a bit better than I expected, but they're not close to winning anything. They shouldn't waste futures on bulking up right now, as they're not in a position to  make a cup run anyway. On the other hand, they have to hold on to their more experienced players atm, as they have noone to replace them with in the short term and would be taking a huge step back without them.

Baltimore Platoon - Baltimore is solid at the bottom of the league. They're not likely to dig their way out of their in the really short term, but could be good in a few seasons with their core of young players. Nat Emerson doesn't fit that window. The Platoon should be looking to sell him for active youngsters, or futures.

Buffalo Stampede - If Buffalo wants to make a run at the cup this season, they may want to beef up their defense a little more. I could see them trying to acquire Baltimore's Emerson to upgrade their second and third pair.

Chicago Syndicate - The Syndicate look good as they are. With their current roster strength they should be able to compete for the cup, given the right tactics and strats.

Hamilton Steelhawks - They're currently outperforming pretty much everyone in the league. I see no reason for them to make moves

Manhattan Rage - I don't see Manhattan having a serious shot at winning the cup without seriously reinforcing their roster. However, the amount and level of players they'll need to be strong enough is probably going to come at too high a price to be worth it.

New England Wolfpack - NEW doesn't really have any valuable assets they should be wanting to move. The only older player other teams may be interested in is Montgomery, but they're probably better off holding on to him for now.

Tampa Bay Barracuda - They don't have anything to sell, and buying is not going to help them very much.

Toronto North Stars - They don't have anything to sell, and buying is not going to help them very

Calgary Dragons - Could use a top4 D. Might be interested in Baltimore's Emerson, or LAP's Bathory if they want to sell. Don't have a lot to give in return though, unless they want to part with a guy like Marner.

Edmonton Blizzard - Don't have a lot of futures left to trade themselves to a better position this season. They should hold on to the futures they have and see where this roster takes them.

Los Angeles Panthers - LAP's roster is currently split between relying on a few oldies and playing the new guys. They may be looking to move a few more oldies for futures or younger stars. Guys like Winter, Fox or Bathory could get them a decent return.

Minnesota Monarchs - Playoffs aren't on the menu this season, but with all the talent coming up in the next few seasons they don't really need to acquire more futures at this point. Can't see them making any moves before the deadline.

New Orleans Specters - New Orleans isn't going to be able to win the cup this season with this roster. And they lack the prospects or picks to trade for more TPE. In order to stay competitive in the future they'll have to try to move some of their older players sooner or later. I can't see them actively advertising any of them, but they should be willing to listen to offers if they come in.

San Francisco Pride - They should want to sell anything that isn't tied down and doesn't fit in their window. That window doesn't open for at least another 3-4 seasons, so anything older than S50 should be up for bids.

Seattle Argonauts - Seatlejust got into the league through the expansion draft. They're doing a bit better than I expected, but they're not close to winning anything. They shouldn't waste futures on bulking up right now, as they're not in a position to make a cup run anyway. On the other hand, they have to hold on to their more experienced players atm, as they have noone to replace them with in the short term and would be taking a huge step back without them.

Texas Renegades - In a similar spot as the Monarchs. Not competing at the moment, but with a lot of active, hard earning players they just have to stick with it and growth will come.

Winnipeg Jets - Jets aren't going to make an impact this season. Perhaps they should try to shop Muerto or McScruff and see if they can get a few younger players in return that'll fit their window better.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

To make Nevada a true contender we need some more big players that could elevate our game even more. Right now we are doing exceptionally well and a great defender and a point machine on offensive end could pretty much make us the best contender for the SMJHL cup

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

The Calgary Dragons are going to be very active around the trade deadline and the rest of the season for that matter, selling performance enhancing parms. Performance enhancing parms, or PEP’s for short, are a time honored tradition in Calgary. Usually it’s the team using them for their own development. This season though, in order to counteract the financial damage done by the pandemic, the team is actively pushing parms around local gyms and youth sports leagues.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]