Create Account

S57 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 02:47 PM by thedangazone.)

This is the S57 SMJHL (S58 SHL) Rookie Tasks Claim thread. This task is only available for rookies entering the SMJHL during S57. These tasks will be available for all S57 SMJHL rookies for the duration of S57 and at the following offseason post between S57 and S58 it will close.

For claiming tasks simply make a post in the Rookie Task thread and link each task in said post to be graded. Please keep all claims in the same post and one of the Recruitment Team will come by and grade each task to verify they are done and then award the proper amount.

Once a recruitment member has replied to your post, please create a separate post in the thread with any additional tasks completed. Make sure to link any previous claim posts in subsequent claim posts.

- 8 tasks will be available, each worth $1,000,000 each. If a user completes all 8 tasks they will receive a $1,000,000 bonus for a payout of up to $9,000,000 total.

The 8 rookie tasks are as follows:
1. Create an update page
2. Claim an activity check
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)
4. Complete a PT (“Your first PT” and the "Rookie Survey PT" do not count)
- Please link to the claim thread of a PT you are submitting for this instead of linking the PT itself. We hope that will make tracking and verification easier on the recruitment team and keep us from being the determining force on what is or is not a PT or counts as a PT.
5. Create a graphic
- Please put that this graphic is a "Rookie Task Graphic" in the title of the thread. Every graphic that is submitted as a rookie task graphic will receive a base payout equivalent to a grade of .5 / 5 on the graphics grading scale for 125k. With the 1M received for doing this task we hope this mitigates that payout and also makes things much easier on the graphics team. By labeling it a "Rookie Task Graphic" as well you will not use your 1st time graphic bonus.
If you do not label the graphic with "Rookie Task Graphic" then you will be submitted to normal grading guidelines and will use up your 1st time graphic bonus.
6. Write a Deep Dive
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube
-To verify, please do one of the following and post it in your rookie tasks claim:
Write 150 words about the games that happened during the stream
Create a 2-min podcast about the stream
Create a graphic about your favorite part of the stream ( please post the graphic in the rookie task claim thread and not as a graphics submission)
8. Complete the Rookie Survey (post that you completed it and we will verify with the rookie mentor head that it is complete for credit)
- As recreates can not complete the rookie survey we simply ask them to link a player page from a past player for this task instead

Grading will be done when it's best available to the recruitment team member who is assigned that week and will not always be at the same time weekly so please be patient if grading is not done right away.

Thank you and have fun to all the SMJHL rookies.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 03:42 PM by MCP_.)

Task 1
Create an update page

Task 2
Claim an activity check

Task 3
Buy a week of training

Task 7
Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube

Task 8
Complete the Rookie Survey

@ImYolo 5 Tasks Completed - 5 Million

Be sure to make a new post for the rest of your tasks!

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows 
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 03:44 PM by MCP_.)

Task 1 - Update Page
Task 2 - Activity Check
Task 3 - Weekly Training
Task 8 - Previous Player Page

@Grapehead 4 Tasks Completed - 4 Million

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 03:48 PM by MCP_.)

Doss Williams has completed the following tasks:

Create an Update Thread - #1

Claim an Activity Check - #2

Purchase a Training - #3

Completed the Rookie Survey - #8

Completed "Rookie Survey" PT - #4

@Dossington47 The Rookie Survey is not a claimable PT for Task 4.

4 Tasks Completed - 4 Million

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 03:51 PM by MCP_.)

Task 1
Task 2
Task 3
Task 5 (lol)
Task 8

@Asked Madden 5 Tasks Completed - 5 Million

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 03:58 PM by MCP_.)

Task 1

Task 2

Task 3

Task 4: IN PROCESS

Task 5 (Task 7 is a graphic I made as well)

Task 6: IN PROCESS

Task 7:

[Image: Y33s2zz.png]

Task 8

@bjkman 6 Tasks Completed - 6 Million

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 04:47 PM by MCP_.)

1. Create an update page
2. Claim an activity check
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)
4. Pending
5. Create a graphic for grading
6. Pending
7. Pending
8. Completed

@Jonny Tsunami 5 Tasks Completed - 5 Million

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 04:08 PM by MCP_.)

1. Update thread
2. Activity check
3. Training
5. Graphic
8. Complete the Rookie Survey

@dogwoodmaple 5 Tasks Completed - 5 Million

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 04:59 PM by MCP_.)

1. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2925355

2. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2925353 

3. https://simulationhockey.com/banktransac...p?id=48335#

4. Complete a PT

5. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2935156

6. Write a Deep Dive

8. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2746930

@Hazack 5 Tasks Completed - 5 Million

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 04:35 PM by MCP_.)

Task 1: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=111604
Task 2: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2935170
Task 3: https://simulationhockey.com/banktransac...p?id=50472
Task 4:
Task 5: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=111605
Task 6:
Task 7: Today I watched the Hamilton Steelhawks defeat the Buffalo Stampede to win the Challenge Cup for the 3rd time in 6 seasons. The final score was 4-1 and Hamilton had a commanding lead after scoring two early goals, a 2-0 lead that held for the majority of the game. Buffalo did have several chances, but Hamilton goaltender A Jobin stood strong. The exciting part was when Hamilton scored their third goal to make it 3-0 in the third, at which point it was pretty much confirmed that they would be victorious. Despite a late goal by Buffalo, that cushion was just too much to overcome as the experienced veterans of the Steelhawks were able to close it out, adding an empty net goal along the way to the final buzzer. It was great getting to see friends and former teammates celebrating another cup win against another excellent team and rival even if I was not able to be a part of it this time around. In particular, it was amazing to see Robert Phelps close out his career with his 3rd cup, cementing an already certain HOF case.
Task 8: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=87216

@notorioustig 6 Tasks Completed - 6 Million

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 04:38 PM by MCP_.)

1. Create an update page - Link
2. Claim an activity check - Link
3. Buy a week of training - Link
4. Complete a PT - Pending until eligible.
5. Create a graphic for grading - Link
6. Write a Deep Dive - Pending until eligible.
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube -
  • I finally watched my first streams today; I caught game 5 of the SMJHL and watched the Vancouver Whalers beat up on the Newfoundland Berserkers. The third period was especially harsh for the Berserkers, giving up three goals to the Whalers. Cale Amundsen was excellent in net saving forty out of forty-three shots but it was Name Redacted who managed to hold on to get the win for the Whalers with an incredible .950 save percentage. It really came down to the Whalers defense however; the staunch blue liners only gave up twenty shots. Name Redacted's night was a lot less hectic than Cale Amundsen's. I also watched Day 6 of the WJC where Team World managed a late game goal to go ahead against Team DACH giving them the win. (Sorry again Amundsen) Following that matchup, Team Canada held on despite a late goal by Sweden to win their matchup four to three.
8. Complete the Rookie Survey - Link

@Amidships 6 Tasks Completed - 6 Million

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 04:41 PM by MCP_.)

1. Create an update page
Finn von Murphenstein Update Thread

Activity Check

3. Buy a week of training
Weekly Training Bought

5. Create a graphic
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=111675

I have been watching some of the streams already, but the one I am going to write about is the Game 6 of the finals between the Vancouver Whalers and the Newfoundland Berserkers. Vancouver went into the game with 3-2 lead and was able to seal the deal with the road win. While starting off relatively slow by the end of the first period Newfoundland was leading 1-0. They were building on their lead scoring and going 2-0 in the middle of the second period and holding that lead into the third period when Vancouver was able to score the 2-1 with 16 minutes left and the chance still alive. Things started to happen quickly and get rolling when Vancouver scored twice in two minutes and went ahead 3-2 with Newfoundland equalizing shortly afterwards and the game going to overtime. Devin Basher was able to seal the deal and win the cup for Vancouver with 13 minutes left in the first overtime when he scored the winning 4-3 goal.

Rookie Survey completed

@r0tzbua 6 Tasks Completed - 6 Million

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 04:44 PM by MCP_.)

1. Create an update page
  2. Claim an Activity Check
  4. Can't do it yet
  5. will do this eventually
  6. what the f is a deep dive
  7. guess this one waits until preseason
  8. Previous Player Thread

@MrRuihu 4 Tasks Completed - 4 Million

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 04:57 PM by MCP_.)

1. Create an update page
Update Thread

Claimed

3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)

Purchased

4. Complete a PT (“Your first PT” and the "Rookie Survey PT" do not count)

will do eventually 

5. Create a graphic

ily Hordle

6. Write a Deep Dive

will do when i can

As a Quebec City Citadelles waiver claim, I watched our final playoff game on October 29th,  on YouTube. Personally coming from the ISFL I was impressed at the presentation quality of the sim that is used. We lost a tough 6-3 game against the Raptors where we were tied at 3-3 well into the third period. As the home team for the series, and from my understanding the favored team as well, it was hugely disappointing to be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. At the very least, it would have been awesome to force a game seven. I sat there wallowing in sadness through most of the Timber @ Scarecrows game and that was a good game to watch as it finished 4-1 in favor of the Timber. I enjoyed watching and posting in the chat, it made me feel like I was watching a real NHL stream. I turned the stream off after this game because I had real life stuff to take care of, but I will absolutely be watching more streams in the future.
(179 words)

-
8. Complete the Rookie Survey (post that you completed it and we will verify with the rookie mentor head that it is complete for credit)

I completed it 

@zeagle1 6 Tasks Completed - 6 Million

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 05:00 PM by MCP_.)

1. Create an update page

4. Complete a PT

5. Create a graphic

6. Write a Deep Dive

@Nictox 4 Tasks Completed - 4 Million

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ