Create Account

S57 mPT #2 - the hall of fame where is it

I think the SHL Hall Of Fame should be in my back yard because it is very well mowed and green and I think that suites a hall of fame very well. it is also my back yard which makes it even cooler

If we look at major professional sports leagues, most of them don't have their hall of fame in the same city a team plays. Football is in Canton, Ohio. Baseball is in Cooperstown, New York. Basketball is in Springfield, Massachusetts. We shouldn't deviate from this. It should be put somewhere important for the game of hockey. Something that has a major cultural impact in the area, but isn't necessarily a place you'd normally automatically think of. We should put it in West Kendall, Florida. It's the former home of a team, one of the original teams, and it's so out of the way and strange. Plus, it's a way to help build into the Miami vacation culture. During the summer months when we have no games, we can attract people to the hall of fame for revenue by highlighting the proximity to the beach and to a major hub. It's a win-win, in some ways, even when it feels like a loss.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

The SHL hall of fame should be located in none other then Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I say this for the simple fact that Winnipeg is the home of the very first Challenge Cup Winners and what better way to celebrate that historic win with having the hall of fame located in that same city.

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

The hall of fame should be in a neutral location to the SHL, meaning it should be in a city that does not contain a SHL team. It should also be in Canada for obvious reasons. Therefore I think that the SHL hall of fame should be located in Montreal.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

The Hall of Fame should be set up by the league owners (leafs, drunken teddy, teztify, and eggy) should have to rent a studio apartment and fill it with SHL memorabilia (and now merchandise. thank you merch store). the location would rotate every ~5 seasons (1 IRL year) as the lease expires, they will have to choose a new location. the team that had the worst record the season before moving is responsible for moving the memorabilia and collectibles.
One of their mothers should always be present to make hot chocolate for any interested fans.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

The SHL Hall of Fame should rotate from city to city like a circus. Just set up a big tent outside of the host city's stadium and people can walk through the Hall before the game.

[Image: KdHbnK1]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

The obvious answer is to put it in the great and wondrous city of Bakersfield. It's perfect because its a giant empty place of nothingness where you can plant a building wherever the hell you want because there is literally nothing. The land is cheap so you can build it as big as you want, and hell even add a damn airport to fly people in. This is not a terrible idea at all. if you don't know where Bakersfield is, you're lucky.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

I will advice hosting The HoF in the Penslyvania, cus Pittsburgh hosted a game at 02.16.20 Detroit @ Penguins arena where Pittsburgh joined the NHL for the 13th annual Hockey Week Across America. Hockey Day in America celebrated fans of all ages who simply love this great game. Further, the Penguins exposed new audiences to hockey as part of this first-ever event.

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]

The Hall of Fame should Be in Paris, Texas. Being the Paris of America it only makes sense that it is due for an update/upgrade in its status as a town.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Let's put the Hall of Fame in the Planetarium and keep it alive. The planetarium has been struggling a little bit, and needs an influx of support which the Hall of Fame could provide.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

This was a pretty easy decision for me. The NHL’s hockey hall of fame is located in Toronto, and I’d like the SHL’s hall of fame to be located there as well. I may be biased, being from the GTA and all, but I think Toronto is the hockey capital of the world, and the hall of fame would see the most traffic there. (64 words)

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

Montreal is the only real answer, it's only right given how badly this league has treated one of the biggest hockey cities in the world. First giving it just a junior team, then taking it away completely, then passing it up expansion after expansion.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

I think it is only fitting the SHL Hall of Fame reside where the SHL servers are. Unfortunately I have no clue where that is so I’m going to suggest Chicago. I hear that’s where a pretty cool team plays and then I can visit the Hall of Fame easily to look at the accomplishments of Luke Atmey and Shawn Velevra.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Throw the hall of fame in Montreal. They can't even support having a SMJHL team there but maybe having the hall of fame will keep the citizens of Montreal from crying for a team every time expansion is announced.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

The Hall of Fame should be created in Buffalo, to be precisely, in the arena that was built for the Buffalo Thunder. As there never was an icefloor created there, there is enough of empty space to add the HOF there.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)