Create Account

S57 mPT #2 - the hall of fame where is it

I'd put the hall if fame in Houghton, Michigan. In my very brief research, it looks like this is where the first professional games were played. I think to give the place that started pro hockey teams should get the nod here.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Hall of Fame should definitely be in Baltimore, MD. Not only is SHL thriving there with their recent team acquisition, but it's really easy to score some drugs on your way so you can trip during your trip.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

The SHL Hall of Fame should be located in the back yard of the greatest, sexiest, most talented man to ever play in this league: Erben Kasius. Nothing else would be appropriate. Anything else would dishonor his already incredible legacy.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

I'd probably put it somewhere in Canada. Professional ice hockey was born there so it seems only fitting. Where in Canada? I'll save that for another mPT.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

Kyoto, Japan. The Japanese SHL players are a proud group who would lay down their lives to protect the HoF. It would also recognize a smaller country that is often overlooked by IIHF fans, so the publicity would be healthy for international hockey.

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

The SHL Hall of Fame should be located in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Scranton is the electric city of America and every hockey player in the Hall of Fame is electric.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

The Simulation Hockey League Hall of Fame should be located in West Kendall, Florida, because that is one of the places the league was created and is no longer supported by. Bring the Simulation Hockey League back to West Kendall!

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

This cannot seriously be a debate. The Hall of Fame is obviously in Puck Poland. A scenic Polish village with 11,000 people it is obviously the birth place of hockey. What the hell is a puck? It’s a non sense word we use in hockey and it doesn’t make sense. THAT IS UNTIL YOU REMEMBER THAT IT IS AN OBJECT NAMED AFTER THE BIRTHPLACE OF HOCKEY AS WE KNOW IT. Puck Poland is obviously where the hall of fame is located.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

I believe there is no better home for the SHL Hall of Fame than scenic Gary, Indiana. The SHL could buy the entire town and renovate it into a new miracle city.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

The Hall of Fame should be located in a neutral location, so no team can claim ownership of it, or receive a boost of tourism for hockey fanatics. And thus, I propose that the Hall of Fame be located in Hawaii, or Portland. I prefer Hawaii

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

Hawaii! These poor people will never get a SHL team, SMJHL team or even a hockey rink for that matter. Cheer them up by placing the SHL Hall of Fame there. The good temperature makes it even more worthwhile to visit.

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

My choice for hall of fame location would be at a peak in the Himalayas. Everest is a little too popular. I wouldn't even tell people where it is. Only the true hockey fans should be able to find it. Using deciphers from clues left in the ice after games. Once the chosen one finds it and is able to see the hall in all of it's glory, we can move it to like Toronto or something.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

There's plenty of factors to choose from when considering the location for the SHL hall of fame; historical relevance, hockey culture, tourism, accessibility. However, the only fair way to pick a location, and the entire criteria for my decision, is equidistance from the 18 cities in the SHL. That's right, all the important factors that go into the decision are thrown out, strictly for average location. And with an average latitude, longitude of 40.95265, -93.4456, the great honor of hosting the SHL hall of fame goes to Union, Iowa - basically an empty field about 50 miles south of Des Moines. Cleary this approach was a resounding success, as I couldn't think of a more exciting, hockey-relevant, desired hotspot than Des Moines. As a side note, it turns out when you pick the average location of 18 teams spread out across 2 continents, you end up in almost the exact middle, who would've thought. 

[Image: unknown.png]

To make it a little more interesting, if we do the same thing as above, but make it a weighted average based on each cities population, our new geographical center shifts slightly southwest to 39.43817, -95.0854846. This now puts us about 45 miles northwest of Kansas City. While that's still not exactly a place ripe with SHL, or even hockey history, I think it's a better compromise than the first way. So in this strict location-based decision, we're building the Hall in KC.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

The SHL Hall of Fame should be held in the place where the best team of all time plays. The Hall of Fame should be in Calgary. Simply put they've had the most success of any other franchise, they are a major city unlike a place like Hamilton and they always have teams that fans will travel to see.

Code:
59 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

the SHL hall of fame should be wherever Simon T is from as the basis of this league for so long, don't remember quite where that was though Montreal maybe?

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]