Create Account

S57 Championship Week

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

In my opinion Mats Marner had an average rookie season making his debut for the Calgary Dragons. Coming into the season Marner was one of the favorites predicted to take home the Ryan Jesster trophy for rookie of the year after coming off a solid career in the SMJHL where he and the Newfoundland Berserkers came off back to back finals appearances and a cup to go along with two point per game seasons. In addition, Marner had won almost all of the hardware possible for an offensive forward in the SMHL with most improved players, MVP, a goal scoring title and point scoring title. However when making the jump to the big leagues Marner was not able to make as big of a splash putting up a mediocre thirty three points in sixty six games which had him well below his point a game pace from the past couple seasons. In addition Marner recorded zero points and a minus six stat line in the playoffs which saw Calgary lose in the first round.

Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

During the offseason I am planning to help out in my SHL team’s home town of Calgary and my previous SMJHL team’s home town in Newfoundland to set up a homeless shelter in the down town area to help out impoverished individuals from the city. During the cold months of the winter it is important to make sure everyone has a warm bed to sleep in and food to keep their body going so I am planning to set up a two hundred and fifty person apartment style sleep place for the homeless in each city along with a eating area where the homeless and impoverished individuals can come to have hot breakfasts, lunches and dinners. This initiative is even more important during the age of the corona virus where Canadians all across the country are being asked to shelter at home but unfortunately some people do not have a home to go to which is why I am setting up this initiative. The homeless shelter and charity will be called Helps Us Help.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I may be a bit bias as a member of the Calgary Dragons but I whole heartedly believe we are the best team in the league that did not make the finals this season. Even though we had a very disappointing first round loss to a team that we were supposed to beat on paper, the Dragons finished in second place in the western conference only behind the Blizzard who had an illegal roster for ninety percent of the regular season. In addition, the Dragons were full of great veteran players with lots of playoff experience who have high levels of tpe. The finals move to push Calgary over the hump was made at the deadline when they brought in Claude.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

With only four players on the entire team Latvia not having an unbanked build, it is fair to say the rebuild of team Latvia is pretty much done. While there is still a little more growing left for this pretty young team, this will be the first time many season that there is an actual chance for this nation to be competitive. Signs of improvement even began to show in the season fifty six IIHF tournament where the under dog team Latvia was able to defeat the powerhouse United States team in one of the round robin stage games. I think this will be team Latvia best chance since the switch to FHM for them to make a splash and have a chance to compete in the medal round this tournament around. They got a lot of young talent like Mack Daddy, Mats Marner, Chimkin Tendy, Krišs Dārziņš., Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind, Cyanide Balzams, Fleetway and Chris Goodname. The start of the new Latvia dynasty is just beginning!

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification word: go leafs

16. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

If Marner were to create a fans only account it would be aimed at pleasing all of the chicken parm crazed Calgary Dragons fans. The Dragons fan base is notorious for their love of chicken parm and even have their stadium designed as a chicken parm sandwich. So Mats Marner would set up an account with shirtless erotic pictures and videos of him getting freaky with chicken parms. Whether it be smearing himself in the chciekn parms, eating them in a sexual way online or taking nude pictures with the sandwich this fans only account is bound to be one of the craziest out their. In addition, Marner would be trying to promote the Calgary Dragons brand on a more international scale and would have a very reasonable monthly fee for the subscription to his only fans account. I think this account would be super successful in advertising the Calgary Dragons as who doesn’t want to see an erotic shirtless professional hockey player body and get to appreciate the delicacies of a chicken parm at the same time.

17/16 tpe

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 06:21 PM by leviadan.)

Quote:1. Reflection - 3 TPE

I think I did about as well as I did last season, which is perhaps a bit of a disappointment? I'm at a point in my career where I'd like to see a bit of improvement year over year, but in most categories I was treading water this season. I clocked in just a touch over 0.53 ppg while in S56 I was 0.5 on the dot. I had more ice time this year, and I suppose the outcomes were more positive as I managed a +14 over last years +4 in a more sheltered role. I also sported a relative Corsi of +1.7 which would suggest I'm helping the lines I'm on more than I'm hurting them. So these are all slight positives! That being said since I also changed roles from a forechecker to a counterattacker this season, so it would have been nice to turn up in the box score a little bit more often.

Quote:3. Charity - 3 TPE

As a non-joking answer, I think the pandemic has really drawn into stark contrast how bad the homelessness and home pricing crises have become. It's brutal how landlords are chomping at the bit to evict people that have lost their livelihoods for a reason totally beyond their control. It's heartbreaking how unwilling municipalities are to assist those experiencing homelessness in cities both large and small. There's so many empty properties and condos sitting vacant, acting like intangible assets in some portfolio for a real estate conglomerate.

People need places to live, and it's sickening that these places to live have been commodified to this degree. If it's possible, I'd advise Burlok to start housing assistance funds, and set up a large foundation that could buy condos and affordable properties to be released to the public good once owned. Folks could in these houses rent free for as long as they need, allowing them to build enough financial security to be able to move into our incredibly broken housing market. Ideally the foundation would also advocate for more housing, better housing, and new property ownership regulations that would force investment properties to the market for people that actually need them-- not just speculators.

Quote:8. Championship Shirt - 3 TPE

[Image: steelchamps.jpg]

Quote:12. Challenge Cup - 4 TPE

a) On paper I would agree this is a toss-up, but we all know that hockey ain't played on paper. Hamilton just has that championship pedigree in the last 10~ seasons. They've been dominant, and when they make the finals they're a safe bet to win. Chicago has been an amazing team for a long time, but I've never seen them go the extra mile to close the deal. They could surprise me and pull it out, but my moneys on Hamilton this time. 

b) Between Selman, Smeb, and Westbroek-- Chicago has three guys totalling a scorching hot 65 power play points over the season. That means they were right on the cusp of potting one PPP per game. That's pretty wild! If you took a penalty against Chicago, you were almost guaranteed to be punished for it. It's tough to play a game scared like that, and when you're playing soft to dodge penalties, you give Chicago more room to work. I gotta give this one to Chicago.

c) I initially didn't like Hamilton's branding. I'm not sure why, it might have something to do with me living near Hamilton, but I just kinda thought "That looks cool, and Hamilton isn't cool." But as time has gone on, I just gotta give it to them. Steelhawks branding is super simple, super clean, and just a good look. It also helps that they've done so much winning lately. Any set of colours starts to look pretty good when you're lifting the cup as often as they are.

d) I don't know much about the Smeb family, but League has always been interesting to me. I've played a couple hours of it, I'm terrible at it, but I think it's really cool. If Parker can be kind and give me a guiding hand, I'd love to have someone take me under their wing and show much the ropes. I have the type of personality that can really get hooked into games that have a lot of depth. Stuff like Rocket League, Hearthstone, Counterstrike-- anything that has a steep learning curve tends to appeal to me if I can get over the initial hump of being garbage at it. Maybe Smeb can help me over that hill.

Quote:15. Trivia - 3 TPE

Verification: barn
-------------------------
TPE: 16/16

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=666c7cf4&is=666b2b74&hm=ab...694e07b12&]
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 03:58 PM by Ronniewalker.)

Completed tasks: 1, 3, 5, 13, 15, 16.  Total TPE: 16/16

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

In his third season in the SMJHL Lemo finally had a season to really remember! Finally playing his natural left wing position on Anchorage’s second line he surpassed all his statistical records and became to embody the two-way hockey player that he aspires to be. He finished the regular season 47th in points with 39 in 66 games, which doesn’t seem like all that much, but was the only one in the top 100 with absolutely no powerplay minutes during the whole season while also finishing the season a spectacular plus-39! He also led the Armada in many of the advanced stats like GF/60, relative Corsi and relative Fenwick. To top it all off, he helped the Armada capture the Season 57 Four Star Cup! All in all a great season for Lemo, but one that he will be looking to do even better next season when his team will be losing many of their other leading players to callups and ageing out, giving him even more responsibility and chances to shine.
(183 words)

Code:
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (100 words min.)
Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

Being a big fan of wilderness and nature in general, Lemo has lately gotten more and more involved in spreading the word about an international collaborative effort that has its roots in his home country Estonia. Starting off some ten years ago, the ‘Teeme Ära!’ (‘Let’s Do It!’) campaign has grown from uniting small groups of people from local communities to come together and clean up their local surrondings to a worldwide movement World Cleanup Day, which brings together over a million people volunteering all around the globe to tackle the issue of garbage and waste on entire coastlines and other places where man made trash has become an issue so big that no official entity can even bring itself to consider cleaning it up for themselves. So hoping to give back to the natural environment that he so loves and enjoys, Lemo has now been spreading the word and taking part of cleanup actions all around Alaska.
(165 words)

Code:
4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE
HAIKUS - write 2 SHL themed haikus for 1 TPE or 4 SHL themed haikus for 2 TPE.

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The best team not to make the SMJHL finals this season obviously has to be the Quebec City Citadelles. Pegged as favourites already ahead of the season, they lived up to expectations and won the regular season handily, scoring over 81% of all points available to them. With the extended schedule starting this season too, they were the first SMJHL team to record over 100 points in a season! Things did not go quite as smoothly for them in the playoffs though, as they seemed to struggle somewhat already in their first series in the quarter finals against Newfoundland after sitting out the first round with a bye. In the end they did subdue the Berserkers and went on to face their closest competitor from the regular season, the Anchorage Armada. That series was dubbed ‘the actual finals’ already beforehand and it certainly provided drama worthy of the moniker. The teams split the first four games 2-2 and then Quebec took the 3-2 lead to come within another win of the finals spot. They even came within 10 minutes of that spot, grabbing a 2-0 lead in the beginning of the third period of Game 6, but then allowed the Armada to tie the game in the final minutes and go on to tie the series with an overtime goal by Anchorage’s Vladmir Petrov. That seemed to mark the end of Quebec’s season more than even the following Game 7 itself, which the Armada went to win quite comfortably by a 4-1 score. 
(265 words)

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
SHL-NHL comparisons. With the NHL season kicking off again, what are some team or player comparisons between SHL and NHL? Pick one (or more) comparison(s) and explain why it works (e.g., Monkey D Luffy is the Connor McDavid of the SHL because xyz, or the Chicago Syndiacte are the Nashville Predators of the SHL because xyz, or nour is the Gary Bettman of the SHL because xyz).

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE 
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

Code:
11. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S56 season (on or off the ice)
- S57 playoff round-up
- S57 Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals Breakdown
- S58 predictions

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Not to understate the quality of the players that the Anchorage Armada boasted on their forward and defense lines in this spectacular championship run, but the true MVP title of the series and in fact the entire playoffs has to go to their goaltender Chimkin Tendy! After two seasons of witnessing the faltering of predecessor Scoochie Stratton in the playoffs, Tendy really took matters into his own hands this season and followed up a marvelous regular season with an even better post-season performance. Anchorage faced some hot goalies and played a lot of close games in all of their series and it was thanks to Tendy’s league best save percentage that they were able to sometimes scrape by with their offense scoring just two goals a game.
(135 words)

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Burp!

Code:
As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! 

Only pretending to know what OnlyFans is really all about and whether it even allows for non-sexual content, Lemo imagines that perhaps he could tie it with his outdoors hobbies like wilderness trekking and crossbow hunting. Taking along a few GoPro cameras to his treks in the Alaskan wilderness doesn’t seem like that big a deal really. One to his chest, another on his head and maybe another one on his crossbow and those of his fan base that also share his interest in charting the wilderness and hunting without gunpowder could virtually tag along with him on his treks. Seeing as the platform seems to allow differentiating between free and paid content, perhaps he could arrange it so that the simpler treks would be viewable for free and those that also involve the hunting factor be pay-per-view to get to see Lemo for instance shoot and skin a rabbit and later get some tips for a good rabbit stew or something like that... just spitballing here Smile

(177 words)

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 08:52 PM by boom.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

I wasn't really satisfied at all with the way last season went down, only getting 23 points and not being much of a factor in the playoffs. I knew I wanted to get stronger on the puck and better with my shots, and I saw a jump in both of those skills this past season, putting up 45 points in a similar role, although the schedule expansion did play a bit of a part. Playing mostly on a line with Kyle Sutton and Daniel Laforest, the line managed to be pretty good in two-way play. My goal is to just keep getting better at both ends of the rink. I do like how I was able to get my physical skills more up to par, racking up over 100 hits and a lot of shot blocks to improve in the defensive zone. If I can get 25 goals next season as well, I'll be quite happy with my performance as I'm putting offseason time into improving my skills at recognizing plays in the offensive zone, and I hope to keep improving my defensive play by training hard at positioning and staying with my opposing man in the defensive zone.

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

While goalies don't really have roles, one that I would like to see is a Playmaker role for goalies. This role would provide some diversity to the sim by valuing skills like Passing, Skating, Puckhandling and Aggression, and to a lesser extent Blocker and Glove. This role would showcase a goalie's ability to function as a third defenseman, breaking up dump-ins and forechecks from opposing offenses, and assisting in moving the puck for smoother breakouts. The role would require a strong Puckhandling ability, or else it would increase the risk of turnovers leading to shots with a high percentage of going in the net from opposing forwards. This role would provide a lot of versatility and encourage the use of some stats that normally aren't very useful in the sim.

Quote:4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE

HAIKUS - write 2 SHL themed haikus for 1 TPE or 4 SHL themed haikus for 2 TPE.

The Winnipeg Jets

Came back from down three to nil

And now I am sad

Blizzard over cap

Many mistakes have been made

Penny pinching time

Casino parlay

Argonauts to go over

I make bad choices

In the GM seat

Whole team in the SHL

Still made final four

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

SHL-NHL comparisons. With the NHL season kicking off again, what are some team or player comparisons between SHL and NHL? Pick one (or more) comparison(s) and explain why it works (e.g., Monkey D Luffy is the Connor McDavid of the SHL because xyz, or the Chicago Syndiacte are the Nashville Predators of the SHL because xyz, or nour is the Gary Bettman of the SHL because xyz).

Harry Carpet comes to mind as the John Gibson of the SHL. Despite his team being torn down and rebuilt in front of him, Carpet has steadily been one of the best goalies in the SHL for several seasons now, and is always keeping Toronto in games. Adam Barron, who was brought in from Winnipeg this past season to upgrade the defense, is the best defenseman Carpet has ever had in front of him. Carpet's shots-against rank from the past 5 seasons among goalies since the move to FHM: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 13th. As well, one could argue that Aleister Cain, prior to his S54 performance to help the New Orleans Specters to the Challenge Cup, was closer to being the Sergei Bobrovsky of the SHL, never quite being able to get New Orleans over the hump in the playoffs. Finally, Gabriel Johnson of the Hamilton Steelhawks could be compared to Washington's John Carlson, a defenseman who puts up tons of points but isn't the most physical guy.

Quote:9. Graphic, 3 TPE

Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: jKd9X6k.png]

CW trivia word: winners

TPE: 14 + trivia/16

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2021, 01:00 AM by Shmurph.)

Code:

Kynwyl Pearce’s season in general wasn’t like he hoped it would be, but could also have been worse. He didn’t made his personal objective of one point per game and ended kind of far from it, with only 45 points in 66 games, but he still managed to be at the top of his team, one point in front of his friend Chris Goodname. While his dream of one point per game was crushed, he did however manage some nice feats, ended with a positive ratio, won both of his fights while showing Teddy Park how it was done. He also developed his defensive capabilities with a good amount of shot blocked and a low amount of giveaways. One of the points he needs to learn for the next season is to discipline himself, he can’t help his team while he’s in the penalty box, and he has been in there for 80 minutes this season. This need to be lowered by half at least.

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Like every offseason, Kynwyl Pearce goes back to his hometown of Swansea to recharge himself for the next season. While back home, he will take part on several training with the younger hockey teams to help develop the sport in Wales while maintaining his form during summer. This offseason, he also plans to organise a small tournament with the beer hockey teams of the isles, where the winning team will be able to play against the legends that the two countries have produced over the years. While he’s not a legend himself yet, Pearce, as well as other younger British and Irish talents will participate in an all-star format skill challenge that will be held before the ultimate match against the legends. Every players involved will then partake in a series of signing and photos taking with the fans that will be there. All revenues will go to help young players with financial difficulties that need help to afford the equipment for playing hockey.

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

This one is easy to see. Not only that player earned the most points for the series, he's also the player who ended it with a goal in overtime. I'm speaking of course about Nick Connolly of the Chicago Sindicate. Connolly ended the playoffs with a total of 9 goals and 23 points, with an amasing plus minus of +14. Not only did that guy helped his team offensively and defensively, he also made sure to visit the penalty box the least amount of time, going in there only once in his twenty four games. There’s no doubt playoffs MVP is going to him.

15: King

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

1.  I was pretty happy with how Roach’s season turned out, all things considered. While scoring less goals certainly isn’t great, Roach also doubled his assist totals, and put up nine more points than in the previous season. He also made good strides in his two way game, blocking more shots and throwing more hits than he did in the previous season. Next season, I would like to try and cut down on my giveaways a bit and just do better at puck possession in general.  Goals will come if I can hold on to the puck more often. This offseason is gonna be spent working on my puck handling skills, along with spending quite a bit of time working on my skating abilities. Those two things should make me a better player in all areas of the ice, and hopefully help me slide into the special teams units somewhere. I’d like to be on the power play next season, but I would take penalty kill time too.

6.  This season looks to be an interesting one for IIHF. As per usual, Canada and USA look to be the top teams, but there are a couple who will make their lives difficult. Great Britain has looked like an absolute powerhouse team over the last couple of seasons, and I would be surprised to see them walk away from the tournament empty handed. Japan and Czechia are also good teams who I would not be surprised to see end up with a medal when it is all said and done. As for my team in Ireland, we are hoping to build off of our medal round appearance last season, and continue working towards getting back into the medal games. We have a lot of young talent coming up, and some of them are even begging to really hit their strides and play big roles for us. It is also the last tournament for Ireland legends Tig Murphy and Jon Toner, so I’m hoping we can send them off with one last medal.

7.  A good NHL comparison for my player Alexander Roach would be Anthony Cirelli of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Both of them are good players who have their place on the roster, but aren’t necessarily game breakers. Both of them are good two way players who excel in all three areas of the ice, which sees them both deployed in all situations. In a similar vein, I think that a good NHL comparison to the Buffalo Stampede is the Tampa Bay Lightning. Both of them are teams who as of late have been expected to be cup contenders year in and year out. Both are good at finding great value in the later rounds of the draft, and then turning those guys into star players. Both teams have also come short in the playoffs a few times recently, but also have a recent cup to be proud of. I can see both teams still being very good for a long time, unless the salary cap has something to say about that.

I expect this series to be very even. The regular season series is probably a very good indicator of how this one is gonna go. I think there is about a zero percent chance it ends up in a sweep, and a very good chance it ends up in a game 7. I don’t expect there to be any blowouts either, with every game being a one or two goal difference.
It is hard to deny how lethal the Hamilton Steelhawks top power play unit is. Gabe Johnson is a great point man, and Dick Clapper is a phenomenal net front presence. And with a couple of lethal snipers on each side of the ice in Wilson and Morgan, it is going to be critical for the Syndicate to shut these guys down on the power play. 
I prefer the Syndicate’s branding personally. It is a unique branding that pays homage to Chicago’s powerful gangsters of the early 1900’s. The logo looks very clean, and the color combination of yellow and black is a timeless classic. Not to say that Hamilton’s branding is bad, but I think Chicago’s is better.
My personal preference is playing league with Parker Smeb. I am ok at the game, and am always looking for people to play with regardless of their skill. Although you do have to feel bad for Dale Miller, he is so short and has such a hard time reaching things that are so high up. I hope he has a good stepping stool.

15. Flex

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 06:43 PM by Ohtaay.)

Well hotdog, do you really need to ask that question? You are in the anchorage discord. This was one hell of a season, we started off pretty cold compared to other seasons, and the Gabe hate picked up. After the first ten games anchorage finally started winning some games. However there was always one roadblock, quebec city.. They would have our number all season, until the playoff that is. That is when the Armada got the last laugh, and beat them in game seven of the playoffs. Last but not least was Anaheim, and not to be rude but they were a cake walk compared to quebec. Winning the four star cup in my final season is a huge relief, as we should have won in previous seasons as well. My personal performance was alright during the regular season, however it was much better during the playoffs, and I am happy I could end my junior career on a high note. Go Boats.

Code:
163 words

Well fresh off the four star cup, I want to give back to the people of Anchorage. How you may ask? Well the first will be hosting free chicken tendie day once a month for all our fans. People can come out to the area and pick up their free order of chicken tendies fresh out of the deep fryer. They will have choices of bbq, ranch, and buffalo for dipping sauce.

The second charity event I will be hosting is providing free pushes on their local community swing set. I will go to different schools, and give each person 3 pushes on the swing. After that they will be responsible for pumping their way to the moon.

The final charity event will be signing a bunch of merchandise to have auctioned off and have the proceeds donated to a local charity or food bank that needs the help during the tough times covid has brought on upon everyone.

Code:
159 words

I think you can always expect the top dogs to do well as they do in every tournament, Canada, USA, Sweden and yes occasionally Japan finds a way to be at the top of the standings the last couple of seasons. One team that may make a jump up the standings this season is Austria. Austria has a young core backed by some top end players like Esa Parmborg. However, Austria's young core is just now starting to unbank their junior tpe which will allow them to add a large amount of tpe to their roster over the couple of seasons. I think you can expect Austria to be competitive this season, while aiming to be a power house team in 2 to 5 seasons. On the poor performing side of the standings I think Ireland will continue to struggle, and same with Latvia. These two teams once were very competitive, however the last 5 seasons have seen them fall off a cliff.

Code:
163 words

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?
Well as you stated the season series is tied at 3, suggesting neither team has a true advantage. If one team had a true advantage they would have the lead in the season series. I think it will ultimately come down to which team gets the best night sleep on game days, rest is key to winning this series.
59 words

b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?
I think hamilton boasts the special team advantage, and its quite easy to explain why based on the stats. If we look at the index and filter by powerplay points Hamilton has 3 out of the top 4 players which is quite impressive, and shows that their top unit is functioning at a high level.
55 words

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
Hamilton once again is my pick for this question. I feel like the black and yellow is overused, the bruins, the steelers all the same. Hamilton stands out a little more, and I believe their SHL merchandise sales are also higher then Chicagos, so the people have spoken. Hamilton has the better branding.
53 words

d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?
Whoever doesn't pick lap dances is clearly lying to you, we all like a great show and let me tell you Hugh Jazz is a great performer, with some great assets. He has great eye contact, and really vibes with the music being played, id pay a great price to have a lap dance form Hugh.
56 words

15 3 Tpe - oats

16/16 TPE

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 08:14 PM by Snuffalupagus.)

Code:
S56 5-11-16 over 50GP. +2, 41 PIMs, 39 SOG, 48 Hits, 9 Gva, 10 TkA, 5 sb, 54 GR, 9:26 TOI
S56 102.4 PDO, CF rel 0.4% FF rel -1.7%

Nevada Battleborn S56: 28-18-4 (60 pts) 158 GF, 142 GA

S57 5-8-13 over 66GP +1, 28 PIMs, 76 SOG, 89 Hits, 28 GvA, 24 TkA, 32 SB, 57 GR, 13:29 TOI
S57 98.7 PDO, CF rel 5.8%, FF rel 7.3%

Nevada Battleborn S57: 30-29-7 (67 pts), 186 GF, 185 GA

Looking at points, it would appear that S56 was a better performance by Wright. However, when we consider the advanced ratings, namely PDO, it appears that S57 saw a better performance by  Wright. S57 being a better year of performance is also reflected in the GR (from 54 to 57). Corsi For-rel and Fenwick for-rel also increased in S57.

I believe Wright surpassed the previous season's performance on an unluckier team. Next season Wright looks to improve consistency in the defensive zone.

Code:
I have an idea of a new skater role. They will be called The Disher. The role could be offensive or defensive. If used offensively, the Disher would be the player who chips pucks against boards and then from behind the net, looks to pass to the slot. Defensively, the Disher would be the defenseman who specializes in getting the puck out of the zone, usually by chip the puck up the boards or to another forward. Attributes that would help the Disher excel would be Puckhandling - skilled enough to get the puck airbourne, Passing - seeing the play, ability to make the pass, Offensive/Defensive Read - overall judgement of the play.

The reality is, who the heck wants to do that? I want to clap boooombs.

Code:
Mental health and physical health are tied together, it's science. Poor mental health will reflect in one's physical performance and poor physical health will show in one's mental health. A mental and physical wellness group, BrainTrain Institute, has paired with Rob Wright and the Nevada Battleborn to bring awareness of the importance of both mental and physical health to school and youth groups, as well as adult workplaces.

"I have a brain - a body, too, for that matter. Luckily my doctor and I are best friends as we grew up in the same Matrix Pod pool. My doctor turned me onto to mental health and its importance. I was dealing with personal issues, and the stress was showing in my game. I wasn't getting any sleep, I'd show up exhausted. In games, I'd be behind the play more often that I'd care to admit. After speaking with a therapist about my issues, I was able to find peace and focus. What helped me while I was speaking to my therapist was exercising - specifically on the bike - while on the phone - thanks COVID!

Now I go to schools and offices talking about getting help and exercising. We often high five strenuously."

Code:
This is a simple question and an equally simple answer. When I say "Nevada", you say "Battleborn". It's no question the Battleborn weren't a fearsome force in S57 as they were in S56 - a season that saw them first in their division. Their playoff performance was a lot like their season performance.

After an extended SMJHL season, the players were exhausted. A number of teams around the league also mentioned exhausted players, so this phenomenon of poor performance due to lack of stamina wasn't rare. Nevada still had good performances from their players, many seeing personal bests in point totals.

Nevada looks to fix their stamina issues by training on the moon for S58.

Code:
Verification Word: Snuffalupagus

As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

Code:
Looking for a personal look into the personal life of personable power forward for the Nevada Battleborn, Rob Wright? Look no phurther! Rob Wright has created an OnlyFans for a magnified look into his life! And you won't believe how raunchy and sultry it gets.

*Cut to Rob Wright in the kitchen, he's topless but for an apron made to look like the top and midsection of a shirtless, buff dude.*

"Oh, didn't see you there. I guess you caught me in the act. I'm making my house-famous Kraft Dinner - Mac and Cheese! My kids hate it, my wife fears it, my dog ignores it, and I can't stop raving about it!"

*Rob does a theatrical spin, exposing his naked butt.*

"Alright let's get started. I do all my work in the kitchen just like I do on the ice, from the box. What I mean to say is I take a lot of penalties and don't know the instructions to make KD without looking at the box."

16/16 TPE

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 01:32 AM by CementHands.)

Code:

Karl had yet again another tough season. Ever since the first season of FHM where he amassed the 3rd highest hit total in the league, breaking 200 his seasons have not quite lived up to much.
Statistics wise, this was one of his better seasons. The additional 16 games showed off, and he finished with just over .5 points per game. Hitting was still in the healthy category and shots were up as well, but shooting percentage reflects his luck at finishing, at sub 10%, but a lot of his chances were able to be converted in the end, so the shots turned into assists.
Percentage wise he’s right on par with previous seasons. The extended season allows for higher overall numbers, but the percentages seem to track with the last 2 seasons. Hopefully this stagnant trend can start changing soon, with another large spike this offseason in tpe gain coming to both himself and his linemates, the goal is going to be increasing numbers for the next few seasons. Hopefully potting around 50 points next season.

177 Words
3 TPE

Code:

A new Role that I would make that could be interchangeable for both Forwards and Defensemen, and it would have unique implications for both. The Corner Specialist. This player excels in corner and along the boards battles on forward they are able to excel on the fore-check and regain possession of the puck after dump-ins and off rebounds that deflect away. On D, they are able to defensively take control of the puck. This would put a halt to most dump and chase offenses against this player when they are on the ice defending it and can help the D regain possession in their zone.
Key attributes for this role would be speed, strength, and puck handling.

117 Words
2 TPE

Code:
I think Quebec City is easily the best team out of both leagues to not make the finals this season. This is due to the relative strength of the rest of the league in my opinion. The J has a larger swell and a shorter cycle, but this QCC team was really good, housing a team of mostly capped players. They dominated the rest of the league during the regular season and became the fun team to cheer against, just because they were that much better. Them losing out to the eventual winners is surprising, and unsurprising , I think that they would not have lost to any team other than the one to win it all.

117 Words
2 TPE

Code:

This series was very close and I believe the finals matchup will be as well. Both teams were among the best in the league this season and have been at the top for a few seasons by now. I think Hamilton has the nod purely to experience, they have been here before and they know how to win when it matters.

61 Words

Code:

Hamilton has the special teams advantage in my opinion. I feel like they have the better players in this series, that means if you need to throw together a 4 really solid players to kill a penalty they have lots to chose from. I also feel they are more defensive inclined as a team and that leads to better kills

60 Words

Code:

Chicago branding 100%. I really like the colors, black and yellow are solid colors with historical significance in many different sports leagues around the world. Their logo is simple looking, but has depth with the old school mafia style gangster. I think the specific icon might be more resembling of a NY area gangster instead of Chicago, but it screams 'Capone'
61 Words

Code:

Reach for objects with Dale Miller. At first I thought this one might be the least appealing option given, but upon thinking about this, I thought to myself "what a good way to boost your confidence after a tough day." You would feel immediately accomplished and you could reach for objects for hours without worrying about not getting there first due to Dale's comically small size.
66 Words
4 TPE

Code:

Nick Connolly was a force to be reckoned with throughout the playoffs, and especially in the finals. He did everything on the ice you could ask for, score, set up, hit, block shots, and he lead the playoffs in points despite not playing very much special teams. His shooting percentage leads me to believe his goal total was actually depressed, so those could have been much higher. He was the guy Chicago turned to in order to both drive offense and stymy Hamilton’s offense. He drove a huge impact in this series and I don’t believe Chicago wins the series without specifically him on the team, the kind of impact an MVP truly has.

114 Words
2 TPE

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE
Verification: Mafia
3 TPE

Total: 16/16

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 03:47 PM by KaleSalad.)

Code:
WC:178
It is safe to say as a whole that Nathan Thomas’s final season with Maine was a bit of a letdown. After losing the first round of the playoffs to the Berserkers.  So as a team the goal way to compete and win the 4 star cup but it wasn’t in the cards. As far as individual stats go Nathan did have a good season. Being paired with Sean Gatez who had a career year didn’t hurt in that regard! Nathan did have very similar offensive production like he had the previous year notching 7 goals, 17 assists for 24 points. The previous season he ended with 22 points. This was a bit of a letdown considering he was returning for his fourth and final year an individual goal was to try and surpass 30 points. Though he did not meet his individual goals in his final season you can say that he enjoyed the team success finishing 3rd overall in the league. Nathan is looking forward to joining SFP next year and stepping into the big leagues!

Code:
WC:168
This offseason Nathan was asked to be one of the faces for his local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA). Many probably don’t know this but Nathan has volunteered at the shelter since he was a teen. Through high school and his summer breaks Nathan would always find time to go in and take the dogs for walks and play with them to ensure they got human interaction. Since signing the contract with SFP and playing Maine Nathan hasn’t forgotten his roots and continues to donate food and money to help these shelters. This offseason before Nathan ships off to San Francisco he was asked if he would be willing to pose for their new ads! Needless to say Nathan was more than happy to put his face out there and tie to a charity that he has been so close to for so many years! He was able to get photos taken with all the new golden retriever puppies that had just been rescued!

Code:
WC:122
As much as it pains me to say it the Quebec City Citadelles were the best team in the SMJHL this year. They were hands down the better then every other team in the league during the regular season and earned themselves the presidents trophy as well as a bye to the second round of playoffs. It is very surprising not to see them in the finals this year. They ended losing to the eventual champions Anchorage Armada who were second in the league this year. Despite this QCC was amazing and seemed to have the complete package. Being First in almost every stat for the regular season and most the playoffs. It was a surprise not seeing them into the finals.

Code:
a. These teams are both so evenly matched I do think it will be pretty much a tossup. They are both such strong teams that have both come out of such a strong division it should be no surprise they have both made the finals. Hamilton did have the easier road but I would not count out Chicago. WC:56
c. As far as branding goes I really like the Chicago Syndicates team’s logo and brand. It seems to tie perfectly into the history of Chicago with the prohibition and the colour scheme is unique and makes the team pop! They have somehow managed to keep the retro colours combined with a new age look. They look fantastic! WC:58

Code:
Verification Word : Staples

Code:
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!
WC:169
Most people jump to sex when they are thinking about OnlyFans accounts. But Nathan would create an account not for that but to show the fans that are willing to pay for premium content a look into the life of a professional hockey player! Being that this platform is for 18+ this would of course be the uncut and raw footage of the life of Nathan! This would include live streams of parties and locker room shenanigans, the pulling off of pranks, as well as workout buddy! Where you could do the same program as Nathan while he is at the gym guiding you through each exercise. It would also feature question and answer periods where you could ask ANYTHING and get the honest answers! In today’s day and age everyone has cameras everywhere and filming everything. Why not make some money while doing just that! Providing that top end content and not need to worry about rules and content restrictions of some of the other social media platforms!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Code:

A-Both teams are very much similar when looking at the regular season standings, but playoffs is a whole new deal.  Not sure if rest plays a role here in the finals but Chicago has played more than double the games that Hamilton has played so far to get to the Champion Cup finals.  Seeing all the team stats during the regular season were fairly close to one another, I would say that this final can go either way. 
B-Well simply looking at the playoff index, I can see that Hamilton has a far better powerplay than Chicago does.  With only nine games played Hamilton has six goals on the special teams while Chicago has only managed three goals while playing 19 games!  Chicago is a heavily penalized team and Hamilton will exploit this part of the game.
C-To be honest I am not inclined to either team, my colors are the Argonauts one.  But since I have to pick one I would have to say the Chicago Syndicate is the one I would choose over the Hamilton Steelhawks.  Both have great brandings but the Syndicate has originality from top to bottom.  A merge of the two team would make an excellent one though.  Take Hamilton colors and swap them over to Chicago's logo, done!
D-Ok so I know absolutely nothing of the three players just mentioned in the question, so I will have to go with a lap dance not from Hugh Jazz (no disrespect) but I'd take any lap dance from a woman with a huge rear end over any other of those dudes you mentioned.  Plus I suck at stare downs I am short myself and I do not know what League is.

Code:

This being my second one now and having learned the game a little more than my rookie season, I have to say I feel really good about the season I had.  Don't get me wrong, playing a few more rounds in the playoffs and winning it all as a team is my/our goal in Colorado but we came up short on that end, which does put a little downer on the season.  But personally goal wise it was fantastic.  Appeared in 58 this season and earned myself 30 wins, a number I didn't even think I would get, tossed 3 shutouts (not going to lie) expected/hoped for a little more and had a decent save percentage of 0,901.  Also here I expected much better.  I guess I did have some expectations for myself but they were not cemented in stone as to I Have To Get or else.....  The most disappointing stat would have to be my game rating which stood at 66.  Sad!

Code:

Demo

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

Lack of imagination and pretty much everything has been done before, Yanno relatively new to the city of Colorado decides to ask a few buddies from the raptors to kick start an event for a good cause.  Jarmo, Josh, Juni, and of coarse Ruggsy are absolutely on board. I myself am a single child and always wondered how it would be to have either a older or younger sibling.  The Raptors locker room has helped fill that void, I feel like I have 20 brothers or sisters with me each and every day.  It got me thinking that Colorado is no different and that there are plenty of little kids wanting the same thing I did as a child.  

So the five of us decided to offer our services to BBBS (Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado).   For a whole month we will not only donate a few dollars to the BBBS community but also our time.  We will be a child's friend/mentor and together we will share amazing memories over talking, games or whatever the child desires.

Code:

Well the first match or comparison I have would have to be the Hamilton Steelhawks of the SHL and the St.Louis Blues.  Both teams lead their respective conferences last season and both pride their games mostly on the offensive side rather the defensive side.  That does not mean they are  not good defensive teams but just stating they both have great offenses and lead their respective ones. Also in my humble opinion A.Jobin is not a premiere goaltender as is the Blues Jordan Binnington.  Both teams rely on strong offensive active defenseman such as Gabriel Johnson and Samuel Michaud versus the Blues duo of Alex Pietrangelo and Colton Paryako.  One thing for sure we can agree on is both teams are lead by a dynamic centerman who is extremely strong on both sides of the puck.  I'd like to compare Michael Scarn to Nathan Mackinnon and ironically both finished off their respective seasons with 93 points with Scarn clapping 36 goals while Mack registered 35!

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 11:25 PM by st4rface.)

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words minimum)
This was my first (rookie) season on SHL and it was pretty interesting. I can admit that the beginning of the season was much better than ending, but it was still pretty decent. In 66 games, my defender got 8 goals and 20 assists. Positive plus/minus, not many penalty minutes. I had pretty good rookie season, but still - need to do better next season, since my player is getting more TPE, ice time and all other. Sad that we didn’t made finals, because that was the priority, but it was a good season. In Play-Offs we played 17 ganes and I got 11 assists. Not bad again, but I can do better. In next season I want to improve myself in each statistics and have more goals, assists, better plus/minus and most important thing - SHL champion title with Buffalo Stampede! Thanks to them for giving me opportunity playing with the best team and players out there. Next season will be even better in both - individually and as a team.
[172 words]

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words minimum)
My player is always happy to help others, so it's obvious that off-season wouldn't be only full with team trainings, training camps and other stuff which helps to improve attributes. Of course - it's important thing to do and my player will do it, but he will spend time by helping different charities aswell. For example - he will make training camp for new hockey players who can't afford hockey equipment to help them achieve their dream. He will go to different concerts and events aswell. He will try to make world a better place. One more thing he will do - he will go to different kids hockey league games to donate money there and help them too. Off-season will be full for him on ice and off ice aswell. A lot of stuff to do and most important - he will try to give back to people, because good jobs pays back! It will be interesting for sure...
[156 words]

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words minimum)
As a Buffalo Stampede player - I am 100% sure that we were that team in SHL. We were strong all season and we were just one game away from these finals once again. We had great offense and good defense. We didn't have enough luck to make finals, but we did decent. We were definitely the best team who didn't make finals this season in SHL. We didn't have big leaders in goals or assists - we played like team and each player had his points. That was incredible. Sad that we didn't make finals. In SMJHL? I would say Colorado Raptors. Great head office, but team just wasn't lucky enough, unfortunately...
[111 words]

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words minimum)
IIHF is always interesting to predict, because it's unpredictable, haha. Same with WJC. Anything could happen there. Of course, we always have some favorites and some underdogs. I think it's easy to say that Finland, Canada, United Kingdom are contenderes the most. All other nations this year is in the middle, but might surprise anyway. IIHF is always interesting because it's always one game in Play-Offs and champions might be the luckiest team. Luck is really important - specially with simtool we got. It's just uninteresting simtool in my opinion and there are too many times when weakest team gets lucky. Subjective opinion, but that's what I think. I think it will be interesting - that all I can say. I hope my player will surprise and other players from Finland and Buffalo Stampede will do well. Finnish and Stampede players stick together! I hope that some rookie will get to shine aswell. That's always something special you want to see.
[159 words]

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words minimum)
SHL is always interesting to compare to NHL. However - I will do teams mostly.
Buffalo Stampede - that one team who is doing well in regular season, but sometimes falls in Play-Offs short like this season. Doesn't change their identity as a team and a franchise. Edmonton Oilers!
Baltimore Platoon - that one team who had great seasons before, but now are struggling and a lot. Just like New Jersey Devils.
Atlanta Inferno - new franchise who has bright future and surprised in their first seasons. Not as much as Vegas Golden Knights in NHL, but similarity is clear and you can see it.
Winnipeg Jets - don't want to be funny, but Winnipeg Jets - just because their team name, haha.
Tampa Bay Barracuda - pretty weak time from time to time. No big similarities with Detroit Red Wings, but they're kinda similar for last few seasons.
Michael Scarn from Hamilton Steelhawks - Connor McDavid from Edmonton Oilers - just because of how he dominates the league in points.
[162 words]

12. Written, 1 TPE for each topic (50 words minimum) - 2 TPE
a. I think that in game 7 there's always advantage to one of these teams. In better situation are always team who won game 6, have home arena advantage or has made some significant come back or anything else. Chemistry is really important and these small things might help a lot. It's important to have bigger confidence than opponents and all these small things helps to get that.
[67 words]
c. If we are talking about teams who are in SHL finals right now - Syndicate for sure. Steelhawks are too basic and it always feels weird to have them on banners in SHL. They're too basic and their image is pretty weak on the background of other teams in SHL. They don't have anything special - it's most basic logo and just team name you can have. Syndicate is complete opposite, so it's pretty easy choice for me. Syndicate is just much more interesting and I think we all can agree to that. That's some originality.
[94 words]

16 TPE IN TOTAL!

Stampede Stampede Stampede

Stars Stars Stars

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 11:58 AM by 3lewsers.)

In my season full season in the SMJHL, I made some progress. I became a consistent player on the second line, after averaging only 8 minutes ice time in my rookie season. I fully expected 35 to 40 points, but came up short with only 28. However, I was impressed with my physicality to help the team. I ended the season with 115 hits (3rd on NL) and 122 blocked shots (2nd on NL & 10th in the SMJHL). I had an extremely disappointing plus/minus at -27, one of the worst in the entire league. My year could be categorized as about average, and I would give myself a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10. In this league, that just isn't good enough. I am still a top 10 earner for my draft class, and hopefully will continue to improve in my 3rd season. As a Berserker, management has shown faith in me, and have given me the confidence to keep grinding to become the best. I hope I can make them proud.

(176 words)

Dwayne Gretzky loves giving back to the Newfoundland community. For the past 2 seasons, he has been involved in numerous local outreach programs. However, one of his favorite charities is St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, an amazing group dedicated to putting an end to childhood cancer. Having a nephew that was diagnosed with neuroblastoma at age 4, Dwayne volunteered hundreds of hours getting the word out about St. Jude's mission. He plans to visit his SHL club Aurora in Winnipeg this offseason to help the Canadian Cancer Society. They are a community-based group aimed at improving the quality of life of people with cancer of all ages. He has encouraged his past and current teammates to join the cause in fighting cancer. Life is too short, and helping put a smile on these people faces is a wonderful feeling. We have a long way to go to end cancer, but we are making strides and new enhancements every day. Scientists and doctors are working around the clock to provide a better life for those afflicted with this terrible disease. Let's end it now!

(183 words)

4. Written, HAIKUS - 4 SHL themed haikus for 2 TPE.

Newfoundland bad end
deadline moves caused rough finish
much better next year

Season in the books
World Junior Championships
on the horizon

Dwayne Gretzky not great
almost couldn't be worse at all
man just plain awful

Advanced to next round
Couldn't finish them off this time
four star cup on loan

The best SMJHL team to not make the finals was the Newfoundland Berserkers. Despite an abysmal regular season finish, and finishing with the worst record in the SMJHL, they advanced to the second round of the playoffs. They beat the Maine Timber in Round 1 in 5 games, advancing past a team with the second best record in the league. Next, they took the 49 win Quebec City Citadelles to 6 games. Newfoundland lost some major players at the trade deadline and still made noise in the playoffs as the lowest seed. They showed true heart, by almost making an unprecented run to the finals. The Berserkers weren't the pushover that the league expected heading into the second season, and if they had been able to not fall short against Quebec City, no one would have wanted to face them after that. The remaining teams dodged a bullet, and they have the Citadelles to thank for that.

(157 words)

PBE Affiliate PT

15. CW TRIVIA

beetlejuice

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

16/16 tpe

#1 153 words

Tokkulu Lakkamaa faired better in his sophomore season, scoring 26 points in 66 games (12 goals and 14 assists). Lakkamaa was also a +15, and had a shooting percentage of 13.59%. Near the start of the season the rough goal was to at minimum score at a 0.75 point per game pace, of which I failed, however its explained by trade deadline acquisitions pushing me further down the lineup. I hadn't even gotten to 0.5 point per game pace, which was also disappointing. However, we won the cup this season, which is a delight in itself. Looking to the future, I am confident that I will feature on the top line for anchorage, with much better attributes, allowing me to at minimum score to a point per game pace, in my opinion. Going from 3rd line this season with little to no special teams time should pale in comparison to next season.

#3 154 words

Over the course of the offseason, Lakkamaa would spend his time with a couple local Anchorage charities, "Straws For Dogs," who strive to donate supplies for outdoor canines. This includes straws, and doghouses. The Scotty Gomez Foundation is another example of a great charity that helps the youth by providing hockey opportunities in order to grow values and discipline through teamwork and relationship building. It also helps with gibing kids the ability to develop in the areas of teamwork, punctuality, and a drive to succeed.

Some other members of the team, along with Lakkamaa, volunteer at the Beans Café, a non-profit seeking to provide food, temporary shelter, social services, and referral services to any that need it. Volunteers are the backbone of this non-profit being able to provide these services to the community. A sense of community is very important to the Anchorage Armada, as no ship sails without its crew.

#4 2 haikus

I hate Chicago
Hamilton is much better
I hate Buffalo

Anchorage wins cup
Another regular day
we win next cup too

im not very poetic i tried

#6 164 words

Out of all the IIHF teams, i expect Canada to be the favorites again. Canada for the longest time has had plenty of scoring capabilities in Maxime Bouchard, Oliver Cleary, and Theo Morgan. Beyond those three, they also have the likes of Steven Moyer, and Matt Kholin. Theres a bit of personal bias here, but I have hopes for Finland to make waves this IIHF tourney, or within the next couple. Jax Aittokallio will only get better, Josef Kubinec is a reliable piece, and fingers are crossed that Tokkulu Lakkamaa will be able to make some form of impact on the world stage.

Another easy team that is capable of winning it all is definitely Great Britain. They boast one of the most lethal top lines of Guy Zheng - Jimmy Slothface - Nick Brain, who combined for 48 points over 12 games played. The overall leading scorer will most definitely be Michael Scarn, as always, who scored 23 points in 12 games last IIHF tourney.

#7 178 words

The Hamilton Steelhawks closest comparable are the Tampa Bay Lightning. This is due to the fact that both teams have great general managers that are capable of great drafting, and trading, in order to keep the team flowing with talent. The reason for this comparison is due to the great amounts of depth available to both franchises. Michael Scarn is essentially sort of like a Brayden Point kind of player, as he scored a little over 90 points this season, much like Brayden Point during the 2018-2019 season. Gabriel Johnson could be compared to Victor Hedman in this scenario. Gabriel Johnson scored 51 points in 66 games played, where Victor Hedman scored 55 in 66 games played. Andrei Vasilevskiy ended last season with a 0.917 save percentage, where A Jobin ended this season with 0.911. For the final comparison, Aaron Wilson, the first line right winger for Hamilton, ended the season with 77 points in 66 games played. Stamkos ended the previous season with 66 points in 55 games.

As a final comparison, they both win a lot.

#15 verification word eggman

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Code:
I came into this season with very low expectations. After the offseason additions Edmonton made (oof) I was expecting to start 3rd pairing and have PK time. I remember telling Overdoo I'd be shocked if I crack 18 points this season, but I ended up getting 24 points in the regular season on the 2nd pairing, while putting up what I'd consider solid possession numbers for a rookie d-man a year behind most other rookies on the 2nd pairing. It's the kind of performance I feel is worthy of the 2nd All-rookie D spot behind Aumy Jr. And even though we lost to the Jets in less than glorious fashion, I feel like my stats that series were once again solid. I am especially proud of a 0.4 GA/60 but that's something that comes with a bit of luck involved, but on the other hand there were some tough breaks like a shot off the post in game 6, or a stopped breakaway that led to a goal against in game 7. It's a mixed bag all around. I'd attribute these successes to the spot I secured in the lineup, and the build help I received from teammates and outside sources alike. Being able to play on a pairing with Connor Tanner was great, and the offensive tools we have at forward makes it easy to pick up points from the back-end. Going into next season I think Axel Foley needs to add more grit to his game. He's already proven to be able to play well with possessing the puck, and getting more takeaways than giveaways, but the hits and shots blocked stand out as low numbers as I reflect on my season. While I'm unsure on how putting more into those stats would impact the rest of Foley's game I feel adding more dimensions is never a bad thing, especially come time for the playoffs.
Code:
~300 words

Code:
This is a question with one standout answer--at least for the SHL portion. All throughout the season, pre-season, last season, even, the thunderdome that is the great lakes has had intense focus on it. So coming into the post-season the general idea was that Hamilton will get to stomp through their side of the bracket while Chicago/Manhattan/Buffalo are in that final race to face them in the finals, with Manhattan being considered a step behind the other two teams. One great, cup calibre team, was always going to miss the finals and this year it ended up being Buffalo. Why? It's hard to say. The loss of Cassius Darrow on the back-end hurts for sure, but they've replaced that with Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. Other losses on the back-end have been off-set by youth in the lineup. At forward they have every position solidly covered, and in net Elizabeth Doyle is up there as one of the best up and coming goalies in the league if she isn't already considered one. I don't think you can look at anything on Buffalo's end that's a reason why they made the finals, instead you need to look to Chicago as the reason. They have missed out on MANY opportunities to step up and they finally responded to the pressure and have made the finals. In a series that goes 7 games any edge is important, so I'd say that Ryuuji Minamino are the reason Buffalo aren't in the finals, cause he scored the GWG in game 7. Yes, I'm shallow as fuck for that reason and I own that.

Code:
Somewhere around 300 words

Code:
NHL to SHL comparisons are always fun. There's a few I've thought of before and now there's a chance to post about them, crazy! To start, I'd look at the Winnipeg Jets rookie, Zakkira Diporov. For a current NHLer you have to look at Tom Wilson as a player up for a comparable to him. Putting up good scoring numbers in his rookie season, but the main trait for Diporov is the physical play. Banging bodies left and right, no holds barred, just banging.

Looking to Toronto, I gotta be honest this is one I think of a lot and there is zero reason for me to think it. Every time I see Mika Kandinsky I think of Mika Zibanejad. I thought maybe their sig was Z-Bad? No. Like, I'm thinking of reasons to make this work because I associate them so closely and it's for no reason at all. Alright, here's an idea. On an up and coming team (North Stars, Rangers) they are the number one centre known for scoring goals (at least in my mind) and they share the ice with a star winger (Bobby Lane, Artemi Panarin) with a star goalie in net (Harry Carpet, and formerly Hank). Maybe Toronto is closer to New York with their dearth of high picks? I got no clue tbh.

I think I already hit the word limit but I want to talk about Edmonton and I compare them to the current Winnipeg Jets aside from the net situation. Very deep forward group with a lack of defensive depth. Looking at it, Edmonton has better options up top but feel the pain and having to deal with weak options at the bottom with Wartooth and Siecker. I'd say they are comparable to Sami Niku and Colton Poolman if they play. Got a solid up and comer with Foley/Heinola, and have solid rookies throughout their depth. With Edmonton their 3rd line of Hartmann - LaForest - Sutton reminds me of the young guns in the Jets bottom 6. Harkins, Appleton, Gustafsson, Vesalainen. I feel like they similar.

Code:
350 words

Code:
Code:
I don't see any team having a huge advantage. Hamilton was looking like an easy favourite to start the year but fell off, while, iirc, the Syndicate came on late and looked stronger to end the season. So it balances out to both of them having boom potential. Being battle-tested is something hard to quantify in the sim, but I think we have a better idea of Chicago's abilities compared to Hamilton. Chicago fought through Manhattan and Buffalo, showing their clutch abilities in full. Hamilton got tested early by Atlanta, and were even with Winnipeg to start. Maybe it's a sign their better, but in the realm of real hockey I feel the tested team would make it out since they've faced adversity all throughout the loffs.
Code:
100 words]

[code]b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?
I looked at it and the Hamilton top unit seems a LOT better, with them producing 12 more PP points in 10 less games. It is deadly, but again, it comes down to who they were against to see if it is a true advantage. Atlanta and Winnipeg, no disrespect, went down in 9 games combined. However, Chicago got an easy matchup early on against New Orleans and were unable to score on the powerplay? While Hamilton surely has more chances, that doesn't offset that huge disparity. I gotta give the special teams race to Hamilton so far just looking at points.
Code:
100 words

Code:
Syndicate. Ez answer. I'm sorry to my fellas with Hamilton but... fucking Hamilton? What location type is that? Regina would be better, they at least have Shrek the Musical there every once in a while. Plus the colour scheme is a big "been there done that." We have 2-3 (idk if I want to count Tampa) other teams with blue as a main colour, making it so that they are just paler blue or maybe white. But then you look at Chicago? More like Chad-cago. Yellow is a colour under-represented in sports branding. As far as the NHL goes we just get it with the Penguins sometimes when they want to wear their alternates. The Syndicate branding, I know nothing about it. Mobsters? Those are cool, but I do want to give props where it's due for the Steelhawks name paying attention to the whole thing where steel is a big part of Hamilton's economy irl. But you're also named after a musical so fuck off. Chicago just kind of too sexy.
Code:
180 words kind of

Code:

I sure as hell don't want to reach for objects on high shelves with Miller. I'd legit have to carry them big time going up to grab literally everything unless we have a full-on ladder there for them. League with Smeb sounds cool but League is so toxic. If I'm looking at choosing between a lap dance from Jazz or a starting contest with Atmey, the risk is the same with either. No matter what I'm walking out of there with pink eyes. I'm pretty good with staring contests so I like my odds against Atmey, but I would also love to stare at the implied booty from Jazz. Maybe he can do the WAP dance as part of it, and I doubt Atmey can do the WAP dance during a staring contest so I'd have to go for the lap dance.
Code:
150 words

Code:
Bababooey

Code:
1 word

Code:
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!
Axel Foley would treat it as an adjusted TikTok account for more money. I mentioned the WAP dance earlier and I'm 100% sure Foley would rock that shit. The only question is if he rocks it clothes on or clothes off. Maybe scaling payment options, where he can do it fully clothes, no clothes, or wearing Edmonton Blizzard knee socks. Just playing around with his options and mkaing bank on the side. He's a big music guy so he'd maybe put out some recommendations on his OF for free (that's an option that I know for no reason), and post some highlights of his best SHL plays. Being humble is for losers. I think Foley's success on OnlyFans would be very subjective. There's a greater opportunity for fan engagement with Foley like this, but also, do they want to see him WAP? With it being behind a paywall it's something I doubt would come up as a concern if I'm going to be honest, like when you know friend is up for something more than a friendship, it's something alluring you can go to but at a cost. And also instead of a friend it's a professional hockey player showing their junk while dancing. Depending on where you live that's a regular Saturday night. Either way, fans would get a direct way to talk to Foley that he would really enjoy and that's what counts as success in my books.
Code:
250 words

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]