Create Account

S58 PT #3 Storylines

oh yeah I'm glad you're asking about the biggest storyline of the season (season fifty eight of the simulation hockey league) because it sure is a doozy i hope you all strap yourselves in for this one here we go. the biggest storyline of the season has got to be @Gwdjohnson leaving a good team (!) for a bad team (!). Now, who would do that? that's honestly one of the most ridiculous things you can do, speaking as someone who has done it himself. However, in my case, because I moved to a team where I control the lines, I could at least squeeze some extra performance out of my measly player. Meanwhile, gabe is just out there stumbling around on the ice like an idiot haha. man imagine leaving hamilton where your player is admittedly still quite underwhelming considering their high TPE (total points earned) totals to a team that still has a shit ton of defense depth so you don't even get to shine on the new team! sad!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

ISFL

the biggest storyline is whether Manhattan can keep the momentum up for the final half of the season. They had some troubles scoring on the other peoples net, and they are getting on a roll of it now, as the goal scoeres on a slump started to shake it off. We will need to continue to see the defense being good on the neutral zone. The goalies are doing fine, but they can be better saving some more of the soft goals they let in. Other than that we need to play a more team oriented game, get pucks deep ,get pucks to the net and start to really be a team again. We have all of the makings to be a elite team in the league, we just need to figure it out more. it also sucks that we llost 2 veteran defenseman in Reginald MacIntyre and McCarthy, but we have 2 great defenseman to replace them

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Obviously the biggest storyline this season is Justin Keahi. This man was on a mission during preseason, fighting and hitting and playing all types of gritty hockey. Then the season starts and what happens? He shrinks, he doesn't show up. He isn't fighting, he isn't hitting, he isn't doing anything. He has a goal here or there, but he makes his living punching faces and hitting bodies. He isn't doing either of those things. It's embarrassing, it's a joke. If I were Tampa, I'd be sitting him down and telling him that he has a good opportunity with Tampa, but if he doesn't clean his act up and start playing hockey that he is capable of, he will get traded. I just feel bad for the fans, he isn't giving them energy. He isn't getting them engaged into the game. He's just there, not doing anything worth while for the sport of hockey.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

In the SMJHL, it is looking like the battle of supremecy between the East's Quebec City Citadelles and the West's Kelowna Knights.

Quebec has not let up the the front pedal since last season. Eager to right the wrongs from S57, QCC are looking to translate their Regular Season dominance into a Four Star Cup. With 11 points separating them from their nearest opponents in Newfoundland, there is no denying that they will get a bye, but the question will be if they can make the playoff run to the Four Star Cup.

Kelowna is even more assured of their position in the West. Taking heavy advantage of Anchorage's and Colorado'slack of form, the Knights are cruising into their bye spot. But they know that when playoff comes around, the Armada and Raptors will be serious threats in the more lethal West. Time will tell if the Knights will hold off the challenge presented to them.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

ISFL PT

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

It has become quite clear that the biggest storyline this season is how xenophobic much of humanity is. There have been more and more humans who have been shouting horrible things during Vancouver Whalers games like "More than two arms is cheating!", and "We do not believe in frontal lobotomys!" Through it all the league's only non-human player has stoically maintained his composure and refused to tear the limbs off of any of the fans, but who knows how long he will be able to keep it up.

Thankfully his teammates have rallied to his side and offered kind words like "It is ok Narboza, I will volunteer for your next experiment." It is only due to the graciousness of his mating partners that Narboza has been able to keep up his spirits through it all.

There are rumours that Narboza may try and hold a fan appreciation night that does not involve shooting statues into the crowd, to try and win over some of the crowd. He is said to be working closely with other mating partners to try and come up with some good ideas.

[Image: TD6O3KW.png]
Signature courtesy of sulovilen.  May his name be exalted in Sardangian lore.

biggest storyline this season has to have been Buffalos terrible start to the season. It seemed like everywhere I went in the first week of the season, you could find a buffalo sux lel reference not too far away. It was an interesting reaction to see. Some people seemed excited, because they wanted Buffalo to do bad I suppose? Not sure if there was some personal vendetta to play, I am not very active on the forums so not sure if there was some trash talk. Some I think just reveled in the failure, since if i recall correctly Buffalo has never really done a good job in the whole time ive been here. Others just seemed caught in the hype, wondering how a team like this could be failing so spectacularly. No matter what part of this equation you were, I dont think anyone can deny that the early season struggles of Buffalo wasnt the biggest talking point of the league this season

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

The situation in the Great lakes has definitely got to be the biggest storyline of the this season. The usually infallible buffalo had a horror start and left themselves in a big hole that they have slowly managed to climb out of. The acquiring of dick clapper is definitely a good move and should help them secure a playoff spot. Chicago who only last season managed to win their first challenge cup are now looking like they might have the dubious honor of not even making it to the business end of the season this year and considering their poor management of their cap it might be a sign of things to come. Finally Toronto who have been the long time whipping boys of the division are finally seeing the fruits of their labour come to fruition. While they aren't looking unstoppable they have at least put forward a big claim for one of the coveted playoff spots and have played well while doing it.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

We've watched a third of the 58th season of the Simulation Hockey League go by fast and a lot has happened so far this season. It's quite evident that there have been a few storylines this season that will most likely continue through the rest of the regular season and into the playoffs. In my opinion, a big storyline is the fantastic performance that the Texas Renegades have shown thus far. They've played 36 games up until the time of this being written and they've won 32 of them. They've yet to lose a single game that required more than the regular periods and I believe their success is not yet finished. I believe they'll make the playoffs, and not only perform well, but I believe Texas may have it in the bag this year. It's clear that there's still a lot of season left to go, but I think it's a fair assumption to say that this might just be the Renegade's year.

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows 

The absolute biggest storyline this season is the come-up of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. I honestly think that for the longest time the entire league has kinda written us off as just a bottom feeder team with no chance at being good but we honestly have been having quite the season. We may not make the playoffs this season, I honestly dont know our chances for that, but having a .500 win percentage is honestly more than I ever could have asked for. I think that our star players like Zoltan Topalo and Tom Fiddler have really been putting in work this season, along with new call ups like rookie goaltender Phillip "Brick Wall" Weaver, we have just overall been having a spectacular season, for Tampa Bay. Honestly, I think next season Tampa will really have what it takes to push their game to the next level and start making deep runs at the playoffs. We've waited a long time for this to happen, but Tampa is finally here baby.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Yeah, so the biggest story for the Seattle Argonauts this season is probably something like this: "Why are the Seattle Argonauts Not Doing So Well This Season Despite Acquiring Very Talented Players And Also Why Are There So Many Empty Kegs Outside the Argonauts' Practice Arena and Could that Possibly be Linked to the First Question?". I know that is a really long headline, but I'm sure some not - so - reputable news outlet in Seattle is running that. But it is a real mystery, isn't it? Without really losing too many big names and actually adding on quite a bit of talent, Seattle seems to have turned reality upside down and managed to do worse than the year before. At least I think that is the case. I will admit I haven't been able to pay that much attention this season, but from what I see in the locker room, no amount of good times and friendship and camaraderie can make good ole Franchise Hockey Manager 6 play nice with us. Now I will go cry or something.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]