Create Account

S58 PT #6 Your Season

It was kind of a crappy season for me, I won't lie. Despite my several seasons of regression at this point I managed a pretty strong season last season, with plenty of things I cared about like assists and hits. This season I could only manage about 0.5 points per game and less than 2 hits per game, really feeling those pains of regression. This was also evident in areas like takeaways and giveaways, where my ratio was awful and really hurt the team. The team managed to carry on with business as usual though thanks to our general depth and veteran leadership, with players around my age like DeMaricus Smyth and Rex Kirkby leading the way as the best hitter and one of the better point scorers on the team respectively. Combined with the benefits of being part of a four team division where 75% of us make the playoffs (thanks new sim engine!), Atlanta was once again able to make the playoffs after some regular season success but not enough to be considered an actual powerhouse.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

PBE Welfare

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

Lemo’s season with the Anchorage Armada has been pretty underwhelming compared to last season. Nearly all his stats took a turn for the worse, that despite earning more ice time and at some point even some powerplay minutes. But something has not quite clicked for him this season, whether it be just a cup hangover or the effect of long-time linemate Vladmir Petrov leaving the Armada to take up position for the Tampa Bay Barracuda or the tactical changes that the coaching team has had to make for this season after so many more callups to the SHL and fresh rookies coming aboard to fill the spots... it’s hard to pinpoint the exact issue, but Lemo is not satisfied with his own performance this season. The team in general has also gone through some rough patches and scoring woes, but thanks to the impressive work of our cup-winning goaltender Chimkin Tendy, we have been able to more or less keep up with our main competitors and hope to at least advance to the second round in the playoffs. But even that is proving quite a challenge right now against those ugly Scarecrows.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Oh, what a season Vlastislav Malik has had thus far! The Kelowna Knights built upon their regular season success in S57 with a solid performance in S58, finishing atop the entire league with 109 points (53 wins and a .826 win%). That was a clean 11 points away from the nearest team in the Standings! Hopefully we can continue our strong play and win the Four Star Cup this season! Now, let's take a look at some of the individual stats. Malik really took a step forward this season. He racked up 51 points in 66 games as compared to 33 points last season. He did this by scoring 10 more goals and had 8 additional helpers as well. This should be a proportional increase since his ice time increased by about a minute as well, going from 15:16 to 16:01. The amount of special unit time remained basically the same, so his play during 5on5 got better! Being able to hit is something Malik prides himself in, so it was good to see an uptick there as well, going up to 109 from 87. Now, hopefully Malik can continue to play well and help his team succeed in the playoffs!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

First of all, this task should've been saved for Championship Week, and now I have one fewer gimme task to do there. God damn it. Tongue

Nick Brain's season went below expectations. Hits and shot blocks were up compared to Season 57, and his game rating was higher on defense, showing that he generally played his role well. However, his offensive output went down, and this was a sorta bad season to have it go down because Winnipeg brought a lot of rookies up and Strom Chamberlain was a bit worse than last year. I wanted Nick to have at least 66 poitns and be in contention for some awards, but it looks like that won't happen this year and Nick will just go into sorta elite but undermined tier of talent yet again.

Winnipeg at least salvaged things to make the playoffs, but got swept in 4 games by the Buffalo Stampede, and I believe Nick just got checked out of the games yet again instead of making a big playoff impact. Hopefully better luck next year..........

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

This season for my player I expected to be in the running for the Rookie of the Year award. I wanted to put up a solid season and be able to help my team win. Overall, I guess I am happy with how it went. Liam Slate put up 33 points in 65 games which is good for half a point per game which is actually I think pretty good for a rookie. I do not believe it will be enough for a Rookie of the Year nomination but hopefully in the seasons to come I will have a chance to put up amazing seasons. As for my team, the Toronto North Stars season went extremely well, better than I could have expected or anyone for that matter. The Northstars finished second in the Great Lakes Division and third in the entire league. The Northstars made the playoffs for the first time in many seasons and first time in the FHM era. Exciting times ahead that is for sure.

Code:
160 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Well to start off with a bang, the Nevada Battleborn are one of the better teams in the SMJHL this season so that helps Noah Johns III out quite a bit by being on a good team. Now overall Noah didn't have the season he was hoping to have, maybe a 35-40 point season in his eyes? Noah fell just a little short of what he wanted to accomplish this season but honestly that's all right as he has 2 more seasons to make it happen. Noah provided some depth to the Nevada Lineup as he is now sitting 9th in all time points for the Nevada Battleborn which is top 10 which in turn is also pretty sweet! The team got along really well and Noah is excited to see how the playoffs unravel. A really up and down season to say the least for Noah Johns as he hopes to take the cup.

It was another respectable season for Karlstraße Scholz and the Edmonton Blizzard. His 49 points was good, but was yet another dip in terms of points per game since his award winning season back in S56. Despite the lower total he was effective in the shooting department racking up an impressive 17 goals and a shooting percentage of 7.23, almost double his conversion rate of 4.74 last season. Another big takeaway is that only 11 of his point this season were on the powerplay as opposed to 20 last year showing better 5 on 5 production. On the other side of the puck he registered fewer hits, , a worse plus/minus, fewer takeaways and more turnovers (although more blocks) so overall it was a lacklustre performance defensively. I don't think we'll see the Karlstraße of old that garnered attention in awards discussion, but he's still a strong contributor for an Edmonton squad looking to make some noise in the playoffs once again.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

My season went great as a team. The Steelhawks finished as the president's trophy winners for the millionth year in a row or whatever, and have a first round bye going into the playoffs. Individually I was not very good, or not as good as I would hope. I finished with almost 40 points, but was very inconsistent throughout the season and often times hovered around a 1 shooting percentage. After winning the jesster last season I figured I'd have some kind of regression going into this season, so i wasn't that surprised, but FHM really wanted to let me know how lucky last season was with how bad they made me this year, I guess. Hopefully next year I can find a happy medium of like 45 points 20 goals a season till I hit the upper echelons of TPE and become a true top 3 player. Until then, we hope for the best.

[Image: rotti.gif]

It was absolutely insane. Ruslan Zaporozhets had been a generally mild mannered player. Decent and young. Being carried by Mika, Lane, and hell whomever we tossed on the other wing. Last year saw us try out our first 66 game schedule. It went well i think overall and for Zapo too, going from 36 to 48 points due to the extended schedule and improvements made to him. Given that, under a 50 game season, Ruslan had never topped 40 points and the first 66 game season he nearly hit 50 that was my goal.

I knew i was going to hit 1500 soon, i knew what i wanted to make Ruslan play like, and finally, we knew we had one hell of a well developed team in Toronto. But this? THIS?! HAHA! I was NOT expecting THIS! 37 goals, GOALS! from a guy who never broke 20 before! 71?! points is absolutely insane. Suddenly its like i unlocked some secret elite talent i didnt even know i had. You have no idea how over the moon i am about my player personally. Then we get to make the playoffs. In this division? Against Hamilton, Buffalo, and defending champion Chicago? Okay sign me up. If Zapo keeps playing like this into the playoffs then most teams will have more than goal scoring machine Bobby Lane and Defensive Quarterback Adam Barron to worry about.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Going into my rookie, naturally, there is a ton of excitement. Now, I wasn't trying to get my hopes up too much. I'm aware that rookies have struggled in the SHL lately so i wasn't expecting too much in terms of personal success. Basically, I just wanted to go in and not be a detriment to the team. If I could just hold my ground and collect a few points along the way, I'd be happy. Let's recap.

In the first part of the season, things were going fine. I had picked up a few points, we were playing well and I didn't look out of place in the lineup. We were staying steady in the top 3 of our division and a playoff spot was an attainable goal. However, just past the halfway point, things took a turn, and not a good one. We fell into some bad habits on the ice and we victim to more than a few losing streaks. My defensive play took a big swing and miss as well and I found myself on the ice for a lot of goals against. Our lead in the division, albeit a small one, was gone and we were back scrapping for the final playoff spot. It went down to the last week of the season, where we just missed out on top 3 in the division. We were happy that we competed until the end and it has us excited to take the next step next season, but still disheartening to lose our grip on the final playoff spot.

As for myself, I finished my rookie season in less than stellar fashion. I ended up with just 3 goals and 15 points and a whopping -33. I know rookies struggle, but I was expecting a little better showing. I'm going to keep working in the off-season to get better and I'm hoping for a bounce back sophomore season.

(321 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
5-3-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 1] [Pts 1] [+/- +3] [PIM 4] [Hits 7] [SB 33]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Overall, the season was quite disappointing for me on both a personal and team level. On a personal level, my player had quite a poor season for the majority of the year. I believe around the 50 game mark he was the worst in terms of points on Chicago. Luckily, he turned it on at the tail end but it was a little too late to perform like a top defenseman. On a team level, things are sort of weird. In a vacuum a 88 point season with a +110 goal differential is quite good. Unfortunately, it wasn’t good enough to make the playoffs something we didn’t quite expect since it went against the majority of our internal data. We had some abnormally bad luck and found ourselves often losing games 1-0 while having 3-5x the amount of shots of the other teams in some games. On the bright side our goalie set a new (tied) record for most shutouts in a season and we had the least goals scored against of any SHL team this season which is always nice!

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

[Image: E5JYE3t.png]

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

For what it was my season went well. I spent some time on the second and third lines with the newest batch of rookies. I got a taste of the penalty kill as well. I really could only go up from the previous season considering I finished with an astounding 11 points. Nearly doubling that felt great and getting a bit more physical with my game is paying dividends as we made the playoffs this season. What I expected from this season was not much. I came in as an untendered restricted free agent and needed to prove myself. I think I have done that this season. I will never be a point per game player or anything close to that, but I am a role player. I want to get more involved with special teams and stop being a liability like my plus minus shows. I have scored a few game winning goals and I love feeling like I am adding to this team. I never want to hold my team back and be a liability on the ice. So there are a few more things to work on for the next season.
(194 words)

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]