Create Account

S58 PT #6 Your Season

Pavel Jeziak had an excellent sophmore season after a fairly disappointing rookie season in s57, Jeziak had 12 Goals and 15 assists last season, and he doubled his goal total and almost doubled his points in s58, with an impressive 25 goals and 25 assists for a nice round number of 50 points. I am very satisfied with this as i wanted to be a top forward and a goal scorer for my career, and being tied for the team lead in points and being first in goals scored feels very good. I still need to round out my game more, as defensive stats and physicality need some work. Overall the season with the Detroit Falcons went really well, we managed to finish third in the east and 4th in the league with a solid 40 wins and 86 points. Currently tied 1-1 in our Playoff series with Anchorage and i've provided a goal and an assist so far, i hope we can beat them and push towards the cup, to get my first one.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Otis B. Driftwood has been playing for the Calgary Dragons for a very long time now. He has gone from top prospect to promising rookie to defensive anchor to solid rotation piece and all the way down now to wise veteran and mentor. Having seen it all and done it all at this point, Driftwood no longer cares about individual success or numbers. Otis is in it to foster a new generation of Dragons and ensure the team’s future. This is all to say, Otis no longer gives a shit about his stats from any given season.

Many seasons ago now, as Brennan Kennedy Jr. came up to the big team and was made Driftwood ‘s line mate , Otis began to subjugate his own game to the needs of the team and specifically in the pursuit of Kennedy’s statistical success. By taking on a purely defensive role and always facilitating for others, Otis fell out of favor with the top player lists and award committees that only care about offense and treat defense like a dirty word. He went from a Stevens contender to an afterthought overnight. This further solidified in his mind how infantile and spurious the chase for individual glory really is. It’s about the team, plain and simple. Calgary during Driftwood’s days has won two cups, been a perennial playoff team and championship contender and has consistently been one of the top defensive teams in the league. This is and has been deeply satisfying to Otis.

Overall, Otis’ numbers from this season are a tale of two sides. His defensive numbers are fantastic. He was in the top three or four in hits on the year, had great shot block numbers, an outstanding plus minus, a great giveaway takeaway ratio and a ton of penalty kill responsibilities. His offensive numbers on the season are practically nonexistent. This is just the way he likes it.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Björn had pretty good jump in personal stats (or at least points) from season 56 to season 57 and he kept up with that level and even improved on little bit but no huge jump like pervious season from 23 to 40 points. Finishing season with personal best of 16 goals, 29 assists and +45 which was pretty nice to see but I hope they will be going up even more next season as team around him is getting better and Björn peaks above 2k. But what really was interesting for us was the huge season we had as a team, we have been rebuilding so first of all having 2nd highest point total for season ever and winning first presidents trophy for first time since season 28 sure felt great on top of the 23 game win streak that likely is second longest that league has seen and we are not yet at our peak so we are pretty hyped for seasons to come.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

This season was a step back statistically for Zdenko Beranek, but Season 57 was always going to be a tough act to follow. Last year's SMJHL MVP settled for only 65 points this campaign, good for third in the league ... and only second on the Quebec City Citadelles, behind my totally unbiased vote for MVP, Mew Two.

Of course, this season was never about the regular season or individual performance for Beranek. More than anything, he wants a championship. Yes, it may only be the SMJHL, but it would be his first championship. His father, Roman Beranek, never won a title in the PHL. His agent, Zach Evans, never won a Four Star Cup. It would mean a lot for Beranek and everyone in his camp if this is the year where he is part of the team winning the last game of the season. That has been the focus all along, and now it is time to get it done.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

This season is one Leonids would like to forget. Balzams had a team worst -48 plus minus. Balzams did have a small improvement in his offensive numbers. With 5 goals and 9 assists for 14 points, Balzams provided some offense for the 3rd pairing. Leonids turnover ratio was also something he would like to forget. Balzams gave the puck away 40 times this season, only taking it back 15 times. As someone who in the minors had the best turnover ratio in the league, this stat stung the most. Leonids did block 91 shots, so its not like he did not try to stop the puck. Overall this season was one that will be filed under "growing pains". As he and the Wolfpack improve, I am sure the overall numbers will improve as well. But for now this is something that he will likely not speak of again for a while. Why? Because good lord -48 is something no one wants to look at.

164 words

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

This year for me on Newfoundland went pretty well both personal stats wise as well as team wise. My rookie year was very disappointing for me, I sat out a few games for more veteran players as well as only posting 4 goals on the season and a horrendous +/-. This year for me my goal was to reach 15 goals in the regular season and I had a super strong start to the year where I was just under a point per game for the first 20ish games but the rest of the season I fell into a bit of a slump but on the second last game of the year I hit 15 goals as I promised my GM I would during my post SHL Interview. So far we are in the second round of the playoffs and hope to make a push for the cup and next year I'm looking into doing more for the team as long time Zerk player Pod is leaving after this season which means more of us will have to step up to keep the team on track.

[Image: kEAy80k.md.gif]

My season was a bit of a disappointment. I mean, I’m not terrible, but I’m no Igor Petrov either. I played in 66 games showing the obviously I’m invincible and injury cant affect me. But no one cares about that, people want to see points. I felt good coming into the season and my play shows some big improvements. I thought I would be a high goal scoring machine, but instead im a great team player.
I’m one of the best in the juniors helping on my teammates with a solid 22 assists. I didn’t hurt the team by getting a ton of penalties except that one douche who needed his butt kicked. Overall this looks much like last season. I did what I could but my line on the ice couldn’t produce. I am completely ashamed of my -22 +/- and I will not let anything close to that happen again last season or you’ll see more fights in my stats.

[Image: f7.png]

Similar to what I had mentioned in the earlier (Awards-related) PT, my player had a pretty underwhelming season compared to the stats I was expecting from our regular test sims. Jack still did much better compared to his past season, putting up almost double his points while still putting up a ton of blocked shots and hits. As a result of Jack Kanoff switching positions he has been able to display his offensive talent along with elite talents in Bo Kane and Thomas Vanice. The team has also enjoyed increased success offensively with him playing on the top line. However, the defense has failed miserably ever since they attempted to replace him with that Gabriel Johnson guy. Despite him being a "Top 3 Defenseman in the league" and us giving up a massive offer including 2 1sts (One of which was the 5th OA pick) he failed to carry the torch Jack Kanoff left on the blueline and he let Thor get pepper relentlessly by a countless amount of shots.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

I think Jukka had an ok season overall, maybe a bit lower than expectations. He starting building towards more of a two-way player, and as a result, saw a minor increase in takeaways this season compared to last, but a significant 32 more shots blocked, good for a 50% increase compared to the season before. Notably, his giveaways also decreased by 10 this season, despite playing over 5 more minutes a game. However, offensively he struggled a bit. It was a tremendously slow start, as all his offseason training went towards improving his defensive play due to facing harder opposition on the 1st pairing. But his offense starting clicking around the halfway mark, and Jukka ended up with 36 points, 34 of which were at even strength. The biggest culprit for the slight decrease in offensive production was lower ppTOI and his shooting percentage decreasing from 12.23% to 4.12%. The advanced stats support calling it an 'okay' season, as his presence on the ice was overall slightly positive: netting a 3.2 to 2.7 goals for/against ratio, 54%, and similarly a 53.3% corsi ratio. Not too bad for only ~1400 TPE against the league's top lines, but I think there's room to improve on all aspects of the puck. The offseason will be focused back a little more offensively, as he would like to mold into a playmaking/quarterback defender, and hopefully a boost in possession and scoring percentages will come of it.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

This season was a marked improvement for Hugo. Last season was his first season as the top netminder for Newfoundland, his second season total, and this season saw him split games with up and comer Petrov. The reduction in games wasn't a detriment, however, as Gronroos still managed to put on some league best displays. Playing fewer games but winning more games, 25 where previously he had only managed 19 in a full 60 games, allowing fewer goals, stopping more shots than he ever had. Gronroos is still a growing player and is currently anchoring Newfoundland in the playoffs, leading the league in every state for goalies. The season has come and gone, the playoffs will too, and Hugo Gronroos continues his growth. Next season is sure to see him ascend to even greater heights than before as Newfoundland reloads once more to take their rightful spot as league leaders.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

What a strange season. Daniil Nikiforov got the chance to finally skate on the top unit of his SHL team, the Baltimore Platoon. While his overall stats aren't super eye-popping, 44 points for a second year player is not bad in the SHL. Playing with Karl Krashwagen, the league leader in goals, definitely helped put those 34 assists on the board. Hopefully growth over the offseason will allow Nikiforov the ability to put up even better numbers with his great linemates Ethan Duncan and Karl Krashwagen. The most surprising thing for me is that Nikiforov produced better than Duncan in both the Shot Blocks and Hits category. Of course, Krashwagen was indeed the star of the line and made it go by more than doubling both of Nikiforov's totals, but Nik, as a young developing player, really pulled his own weight. The future for Baltimore and Daniil Nikiforov is bright. Hopefully as he grows he won't miss the net so much and will improve on his 6% shooting percentage to put up some really good goal totals!

[177 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

It was a season in two acts for Markus Tegernako and the Minnesota Monarchs.

First came the surge after a very difficult first month. For almost 3 consecutive months after their rocky start, the Monarchs were sitting tightly in 3rd position of the Northwest Division, ahead of the season 57 semi-finalists Winnipeg Jets/Aurora, and a team that was aggressive on the market the previous off-season, the Seattle Argonauts. And while Markus doesn't like boasting... he still enjoyed seeing both himself and his backup of 3 seasons, Separa Borro, sitting atop the goalie leaders in Sv% for so long, and even himself showing up in the top 10 for GAA from time to time. The Monarchs forged an interesting lead in the standings, but then...

The return to Earth came hard. This roster is still fairly young, and Markus couldn't contain the effect that tired legs had on the team. The number of odd-man rushes, of breakaways became too much for him to be able to save - he became human again, faltering among the middle of the pack of starters in the SHL. The two other teams vying for the 3rd and last spot in the Northwest Division started winning more and more games against them, and were making ground... leaving the Monarchs ultimately without a first appearance in the playoffs, for the 12th straight season - by two points did the Aurora snap up this spot. With one of the vets of the team retiring in Gallagher, team morale took a hit, and Markus confounded himself in various apologies, about how he couldn't get his groove back and how he needed to be a rock for the young guys. There's a few of these youngsters that will become free agents... He just hopes not too many faces change in the off-season.

(309 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

ISFL PT

Patric Twist had a okay 3rd SHL season.  He was on Atlanta's top line for most of the season.  A little high for someone at his TPE level.  He did set a new career high in points, improving on his total of 32 from last season to 37 and 20 in his rookie season.  I'm sure Twist was hoping to get up above 40 points with his ungodly good line mates but 37 points isn't awful.  He did take a step back in goals though dropping to 11 from 15 in the previous season.  He did chip in on the power play with 2 goals and 6 assists.  Shooting a career low 7% was surely frustrating.  Atlanta still made the playoffs and have won their first round matchup.  It would have been hard to miss the playoffs given the strength of that division but they did well to match expectations.  Hopefully this playoff run continues on for another round or 2 and they would be very happy.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

The Monarchs season, and by proxy, Arsene Leclerc's season, was one full of high-highs and low-lows. Despite not making the playoffs at the tail end of the season, the Monarch's were often well above the cut line, only just falling short in the last few games. The season was justifiably a struggle, the team played well overall and probably did enough to satisfy expectations within the locker room and in the league as a whole. Arsene had one of the tougher seasons a player can have really. He looked about as ready as possible for a young player like he is, having a lot of solid-but-boring games, with a few good and bad sprinkled throughout. I would say overall the season was one which was satisfying as a whole as the team is on the up, and the struggle was not as bad as I expected. I think I can safely say Arsene had a solid rookie year, and was able to get through the season without being noticeably bad, finishing within 4% of all relative analytic stats, and only at a -26 in mostly sheltered minutes. The big test will be how much improvement can be made by the time the next season opener arrives. There is only one way to go really, and that is up! 224 w