Create Account

S58 PT #6 Your Season

Overall, I'm very happy with how things went this season. My self as and individual and my team as a whole both had a fantastic season in my opinion. 50 points and +49 are both nice looking in the stat line. Then you add in 125 SB and an 82 DGR. Kennedy Jr had a great season and could potentially see another top Defensive d man Nominee. Known more for his offensive prowess from the blueline. As Kennedy gets longer in the tooth expect to see a bigger transition to the defensive side of the game. Moving onto the Dragons. 44 wins, 91 points in total. 2nd in the west and 4th out of the whole league, the perennial powerhouse Dragons finished the season off strong and really showed that they continue to be a force to be reckoned with. Calgary is hoping that the success that they have had in the regular season will transfer over to the playoffs.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

My season this time around was kind of a disappointment, both individually and as a team. Frist lets start with my individual stats. This season I put up 31 points (8 goals, 23 assists) with 120 hits and 155 shots blocked. With a plus minus of 31. Coming off of my best season ever in S57, my expectations were obviously high for the next season. I was really hoping this would be the season I broke 40 points while still keeping up with my defensive stats. I fortunately went up in hits and shots blocked but fell pretty short of 40 points. I'm not exactly in my prime or anything so I don't care all too much but it just feels weird going backwards in points total. As for team success, I was a bit disappointed with how close it was in the end for us to make playoffs. I don't blame anyone for out downfall but early in the season, we struggled extremely hard to get wins on the table which really hurt us later in the season.

the season started off slow. being in New england which is somewhat, kind of rebuilding? not really sure what they are doing to be honest. I think their rebuild is almost over and they have a lot of good earning prospects as well as some higher end players. I got A LOT of hits on new england as I specifically requested Ken to bump up my aggression tactics, just for fun. Awils from HAM said it would be decent and I would still get a lot of points, and that was true in the end.

33 games after playing on NEW, I was traded to Buffalo in a pretty decent trade for both sides. Buffalo is a victim of the cap and has no ability to sign me beyond this season which is unfortunate but not the end of the world. After arriving on BUF, I scored at nearly point per game and finished with almost no hits because they don't utilize sliders. oh well.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Despite a slow start, I was able to finish with the exact number of points that I set out as a goal this preseason - 40. The first half of the year was very rough for the Timber, thanks to a boat load of call-ups. Our new GM, Toast, did a great job of scheming around our TPE deficiencies and we really got things going in the second half of the year. The last 20 games or so, I averaged almost three-quarters of a point per game, which coincided with not only an uptick in points for my linemates but also better results for the team. That good play continued in our playoff run where I finished with five points in five games. While goal-scoring is always a priority, I was very pleased with my assist numbers this season. I finished with 27 assists which was nearly three times as many as I had in S57 (10). The main thing that helped me achieve my goal this season was an emphasis on conditioning, stamina, and passing ability. We play a fast style in Maine and I'm at my best when I'm keeping my head up looking for my fellow teammates and skating as hard as possible. I have even loftier goals next season (50 points) and I think with all the talent we return, that number is a very real possibility. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see me and Jonny Tsunami both cross the half-century mark as the Timber have a bounce back season next year.
(257 words})

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

My big goals for my sophomore season as a Detroit Falcon were to continue playing a hard nosed, physical two way game but also improve my offensive game. To that end, I have to say mission accomplished, as I was a leader in hits and +22 while also putting up 47 points after a hot second half. Overall, both I and the team didn't have the start we wanted, although the play turned around heavily in our favour around the halfway mark as we climbed rapidly. As my role on the team grows, I hope to be able to contribute more and more to the team offensively especially as a 425 TPE player next season, where I believe I can be a 25 goal, point per game player if things break right. However, I think my physicality and defensive acumen alongside the big increase in point totals make this season a pretty clear success and a good foundation to build from moving forward.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

So Leon had a decent season, a bit below my expectations and hopes for him, but that's alright since the team did well. I wanted to crack 20 goals and hit a point per game, and ended up hitting 13 goals and 31 points in 66 games. Way below my goal for goals, but not far behind in points. He did turn into a nice passer at times, which helped the team out a lot more than a pure sniper who can't score goals. His shooting percent was pretty low, around 7%. It's going to be interesting to see how Leon can develop into next season, as the cap only goes up by 75 TPE. 
However, so far in the playoffs, Leon has 2-3-5 in 8 games in the playoffs so far, so he's already showing a bit of improvement in the playoffs. I hope that he can continue his success and build on it, as the Zerkers will count on it to make a deep playoff run.

PBE Affiliate

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

This season, Friedland made a HUGE leap scoring 5 Goals, 19 Assists, and amassing 24 points. Not bad for a sophomore D man. Karl Krashwagen helped carry the Platoon to their first ever playoff appearance, but it is true that this could not happen without SOLID depth all the way down - Friedland is now a role player but the experts agree that this late bloomer may be the future of Great Britains defensive core.

The league previously has made fun of BAP. Bap This Bap That... SHUT THE FUCK UP. Baltimore may not have had a strong showing in the playoffs, but we're coming. This is the beginning of a league with MORE parity and LESS laughter directed at Baltimore. Our core is young and growing.

GMJR has a development plan that finally is showing results. Will Friedland be a key piece of the puzzle? Or simply, trade bait? Moving forward, Friedland has to solidify himself as a solid veteran and earn his TPE as much as possible.

Ola Wagstrom’s stats may be slipping a bit; I don’t put up the goal numbers I used to. But I am still kicking, getting into the point per game range and ranking among the best players in the league despite me getting hit hard by regression. I am still a menace on the power play, and for a scoring first guy, I am not half bad defensively anymore. Hell I even have started hitting a bit more, and as someone who loves watching physical players, it is fun to shift to more of that style. And the team had a good year, earning first place in our division and building up some playoff aspirations. It will probably be my last year as a truly elite player, and the team’s window is closing as much of our roster is aging. The regular season was as much as you could hope for, but after years of no playoff success, the only season I care about is the postseason. Nothing to date matters if we don’t succeed there.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Name Redacted exploded into the league last season like a virus-riddled sneeze explodes out of a maskless Karen's nose all over a poor Starbucks barista's face. He out up huge numbers, admittedly behind a great defense and getting sheltered starts. As he improved from beginning to end, expectations were that he would take over more responsibility and continue his upward trajectory throughout S58.

But everything changed when FHM attacked.

Name Redacted struggled all year to even keep his save percentage over .900, several times posting multiple sub .850 performances in a row. The staggering 7 shutouts from last season turned into a measly 2 against very low shot counts. His record belies his abysmal underlying stats, often covered for by extra offensive effort from the Rage's front line. To say that this was a sophomore slump would be a massive understatement.

The bright side is that he started to piece things together at the end of the season, and has done well in the playoffs. With some extra work over the offseason, Name Redacted hopes to continue with this momentum and have a much better season next year.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

[Image: Westbroek.png]

[Image: 3.png]

I think I had a pretty alright season. I know that apparently through many test sims, I was supposed to have a great season, but I did not live up to these expectations, but it was still a decent season in my books. I somehow got less points, but I had way more blocked shots. Let's say I played more defensively, being paired up with a very offensive defenseman, which explains why I had less points. As for Atlanta, I think we did also pretty alright. We hit our over early in the season, but we could have lost a playoff spot very easily at the end, it was probably a bit more close than it should have been. We manage to go on a pretty good streak, like 8 wins in a row, but for some reason, we couldn't ever beat Baltimore, I really don't know why. I'm looking forward to see how we improve next season.

158 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

This season was kinda up and down for me. I got demoted to the 2nd line which wasn't super fun but it wasn't all that bad. While playing on the 2nd line I was top 3 on the team in goals and points which as a sniper makes me happy. I also lead the team in hits and shots blocked so I was all over the ice, I just wish it meant for wins for the team as we were kinda disappointing in the points department. We got a top 5 pick but at this stage of my career I would like to be competing for a Cup and not the #1 pick. It wasn't a terrible year but I do wish I would have scored more goals, I want atleast 20 goals a season so to just miss it stings a little. But it's time to stop reflecting on this season and turn my attention to next season.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

This season was honestly a super weird season for my player, Oliver Cleary. On the surface, it looks like it was pretty successful. Cleary finished with 45 points this season with 11 goals, plus some pretty good defensive numbers. For all intents and purposes, you would call this a fantastic season. The issue was how unbalanced this season was for Cleary. The start of the season was horrendous. Cleary wasn't putting up any sort of offensive even if he was playing great in his own zone. I think around the midway point, Cleary only had 10 points or something. Then in the second half, Cleary exploded. I think if he was consistent all season, it isn't a stretch to say he would be fighting for the Stevens. Unfortunately, he was playing catch up stats wise after only turning it on in the second half of the season. So honestly, the season was good but very frustrating.

Code:
156 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

First off I want to say how happy I am to have finished up my second full season in the junior league playing for the Colorado Raptors. My rookie season was just as intense as my second, primarily a work horse as I got to see the crease on a regular regular basis. Suiting up for 58 games and earning the team and myself a record of 30-22-6 with three shut outs and preserving a pretty decent save percentage of ,901. Guess my biggest disappointment from last season would have been my game rating which was fairly low at 66 and of coarse our playoff run ended too early for my liking. Losing to the Outlaws in six games and watched my save percentage and game rating dip drastically in my first playoff taste.

In my sophomore season, not much changed in term of games played. Still the "go to guy" logging 3473 minutes of action sitting me 3rd most played goaltender in the league while appearing in again for 58 games. My win/loss record was not as stellar as the previous going 27-26-5 but my save percentage and game rating went up quite a few ticks (0,919 and 73 respectively). Seeing we are still currently in the playoffs, I will not jinx my team or myself to comment any further.

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]