Create Account

S59 PT #5 - An Unexpected Surprise

I’m going to talk about myself because that’s what I do. Making the All-Star Team back in Season 56 was a huge surprise for me. I’ve said it a thousand times but I was drafted late and was practically inactive. So turn it around after such a terrible start to a career, win the Richan and make the 3rd All-Star team in the same season was quite a lot. Kubinec handled it like he handles most things, like they aren’t a big deal. It was nice to represent Texas and help lead the charge as we turned things around. Kvalheim carried the team for many seasons while the younger guys developed. Kubinec was there to help things along as well but to have his own breakout season was quite a surprise. These days he’s just happy to be a part of the squad as the young guys do the work. Perfect time to say goodbye.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders Patriotes

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

Back in the early S40s, Kristian Eriksson and Esa Anrikkanen were battling each other for the top spot on the SHL's all time scoring leaderboard. For years, it had seemed a foregone conclusion that Esa would be unchallenged in his quest to surpass the incumbent Joe Mckeil to became the leagues all time scorer, but a late career resurgence by Eriksson had vaulted him forwards into a neck-and-neck race for the number one spot. It was Esa who reached 927 points first in S41, overtaking Mckeil, but the competition between Eriksson and Anrikkanen quickly morphed into a race to see who could hit 1000 points first. Over S41 and S42, the two were evenly matched, with their career totals never differing by more than a few points and the top spot frequently changing hands. However, in S43 Eriksson had a poor year while Anrikkanen was his usual consistent self. At the end of that season, Anrikkanen stood at 994 points while Eriksson was a distant second with 983. This seemed to large a gap to overcome for Eriksson, so he effectively threw in the towel and announced that Season 44 would be his last in the SHL. However, the start of Season 44 saw a huge turn in fortunes for the two as over the first dozen or so games, as Eriksson went a point per game while Anrikkanen only managed a single point. Suddenly, the race was back on and it was going down to the wire. In the end, it was Eriksson who triumphed, becoming the first player in SHL history to reach 1000 career points, but Esa was right behind and reached the milestone on the very next day.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

The most unexpected thing that happened during Barrett Blackwood's hockey career was his leading the league in scoring for almost half of season 58. Being on the downward swing of his career and never reaching a peak even close to being a league leader, there was no reason to expect that he would come out of the gate so incredibly hot. While he ended up fading down the stretch and would be passed by several other players, he was still honored by what will probably be his only career appearance at both the All-Star Game and on the All-SHL Second Team. Even though Barrett knows that he will never again come close to the heights he reached just two short seasons ago, he will hold on to the fond memories and joy that they bring him long after he has retired. For now, he continues his amazing hockey journey. Who knows? There could be more surprises still in store for the aging veteran.

Code:
163 words

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

My choice for an unexpected event would be the trade of God McZehrl from the Buffalo Stampede to the Minnesota Chiefs. We had McZehrl on the trade block for a few days until I got approached by the Minnesota Co-GM who told me that there would be 2 possible packages we could choose from for God McZ. One would be IFAs to off seat the cap space of McZ + 3 first round draft choices the other one was a package centered around a roster player from Minny which didn't quite spike as much interest as the package including 3 first round picks. We liked the return obviously but tried to work the phones with other teams so we could get a rental defender upwards of 1000 TPE but Minny wanted the deal to be done quickly so we asked them to add another future 2nd round draft pick which they agreed to and voila we know have the infamous McZ deal which I think no person in the league predicted, certainly not in the magnitude of assets moved.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Welcome back to the Knightly News as we take a deeper dive into the life of Roboute Guilliman. When asked Roboute said the most unexpected surprise he ever got was actually when he was given his fathers sword. No this was not a hockey stick or anything like that. Roboute was given the sword of the emperor, who is his father. This sword lights up with flames and is one of the few tools used to truly kill demons. This was shocking for Guilliman and it is one of his most prized possessions. This was given to Guilliman when he became old enough to be a man in the eyes of his father. And this is what gives him respect and power from among his families members. He was allowed to help his family purge the world of heresy and this sword was a great tool for doing this duty. 

[Image: 63526_s.gif]
[Image: pxjucze.png]          [Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: wW0VNnL.png]         [Image: vjZu62e.png]

The most unexpected moment in all of A Jobin’s career was easily getting drafted by the best team in the Simulation Hockey League, the Hamilton Steelhawks. At the time, they had one of the most talented goalies at the helm in Kryyst, or however it’s spelled, so I was not expecting to be picked up by them. Ever since, it has become evident as to what they saw in me. The best goaltender, hands down, that this league has ever seen. I mean, come on, the success of the team and the talent of a young goalie coming around at the same time. Clearly it’s no coincidence. I very much deserve all of the success that I have seen in my short career thus far and I do not see it stopping any time soon. So in short, the biggest surprise so far is no surprise when you are this good.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

There have been plenty of small tragic events that have happened in the life of Steelhawks defenseman Evangelos Giannopoulos' life that has shaped him the way he is today in some form or another. The Detroit Falcons alumni who originally was drafted second overall by the Toronto North Stars yet was then traded in a 1 for 1 trade with a player that the Hamilton Steelhawks had just drafted as well has 1 major life tragic even that changed him though. This tragic event can be described as many things: sad, tragic, horrendous, down bad, regretful, downcast, miserable, unhappy, sorrowful, dejected, downhearted, despairing just to name a few. This tragic event is known by many and is widely not talked about due to how serious this situation was. This situation that was quite tragic in the Greek player's life was deciding to sign an extension with the Hamilton Steelhawks who play in the Canadian province of Ontario.

[Image: 3.png]

So my player is walking down the street right? Well what do you know, and I meet this girl. So my player offers her a date, because she's beautiful, like "oo ma ma" beautiful. So they go to a pizza place. Well they get there, and she drops the bomb, "I'm allergic to pizza." So what did my player do? What any reasonable person would do, he force fed her the pizza. She ended up dying. So later my player is on a vacation in Puerto Rico. As he'swalking around, he sees this woman. He said something to her, and she stabbed him. He stabbed her back, in the eye. So now he's at the girl's funeral, and the mom comes up and stabs him. So what does he do? He snaps the moms neck in half like a twig, and rips her head off. Then he throws the decapitated head into the grave, and forces the decapitated head to eat the daughter. Now they know, know everyone in Puerto Rico knows the name Justin Keahi!

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

The most unexpected event in SHL history was the feel good story of the year about a guy that was so unpopular he almost wasn't drafted, who then became a star defenseman on one of the best teams in the league. That guy is Aumy Jr. He was picked 94th overall in the Season 55 SHL Entry Draft. Nobody had any expectations for him. But Buffalo allowed him to continue his career and to grow once he left the warm Colorado cocoon. Today Aumy Jr. is a star defenseman boasting 1407 TPE, and this season he managed to be just 1 point behind Buffalo legend Alexander Selich while putting up more blocks and more hits with 3 less minutes of playing time. Recently it was revealed that Aumy Jr. was on Buffalo's protected list for the upcoming expansion draft. I believe this is the final word on the Aumy experiment. He is here to stay.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate Blizzard
[Image: PuANRuu.png]

Michael Scarn has had a few unexpected surprises in his life. First was when he decided to take up a career in hockey, leaving a lucrative managerial position at dunder mifflin. michael scarn moved to colorado where he looked to settle down permanently after being a manager in scranton for many many years. michael scarn ended up joining the colorado raptors in the smjhl. the second big twist of michael scarn's career was when he was drafted to winnipeg. michael scarn had gone on a business trip to winnipeg before while he was a manager with dunder mifflin, so getting to travel back to winnipeg was very intriguing. the third surprise of michael scarn's career was getting traded to the buffalo stampede. because dunder mifflin shut down the buffalo branch, and michael had accidentally announced it to everyone at the company picnic, it was a little awkward at first for michael to go to buffalo.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

one of the unexpected events in very recent history is the emergence of performance enhancing drug use around the simulation hockey league. in season 51, the hamilton steelhawks were found as not only an entire team, but an entire organization, of individuals who tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. the most damning part of this entire event was the simulation hockey league head office deciding to slam them with a very lenient punishment instead of throwing the book at them for cheating. as a result, the hamilton steelhawks were allowed to continue playing against other teams that did not use performance enhancing drugs. this led to the entire season being botched because it was obvious the hamilton steelhawks had an unfair advantage against literally every other team in the league. as a result, they cruised into winning a free challenge cup off the back of extreme drug use and has since delegitimized the integrity of the entire simulation hockey league because it is clear that nobody cares about fairness anymore.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

One event that happened in the Buffalo Stampede left winger, Jaska Seppala's, life that I would consider an unexpected surprise was when he ran into Buffalo Stampede legend Charles Walker in the streets of Puerto Rico while on vacation one offseason. Jaska Seppala was a huge fan of watching Charles Walker play and was over joyed when he encountered him. Jaska Seppala asked him what he was doing in Puerto Rico and it turns out that is where Charles Walker lives now. After having to suffer through the bitter cold of Buffalo, New York Charles Walker moved with his wife to spend the rest of their lives in Puerto Rico. Jaska Seppala did not blame him. Jaska Seppala asked Charles Walker if he had any advice to give him and he gave me some great advice. Jaska Seppala has used this advice to play a lot better, I do not think he will ever forget that.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

There's been a few unexpected surprises in Jakub Bruchevski's career but the one's that stand out the most are from the international tournaments. The 1st surprise was beating a STACKED Canadian team in the S50 WJC Gold medal game, were our 4th line absolutely take over the game as we won 4-3. Russia definitely wasn't expected to win that game and looking back 9 seasons later it's a miracle that we did, but something even more miraculous would happen next season. S51 Czechia vs Russia for the Bronze medal, in a high scoring game, Russia once again shocked the world as they beat the favored Czechia by a score of 6-4. Jakub's last Russian surprise came in last season's tournament as Jakub and the team made an improbable run losing to Germany in the Bronze Medal game. At the start of the tournament we weren't even supposed to make it out of the group stages let alone win a game in the medal rounds.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

PBE affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

PBE Affiliate - https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=316842