Create Account

S59 Awards Show
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2021, 10:13 PM by Rotti.)

06-18-2021, 10:12 PMhhh81 Wrote: The Ron Mexico goes to the player the awards committee considered the Most Valuable Player in the league.

We have three finalists, but first, let's recognize our honorable mentions.

Harry Carpet of Toronto Stars @Carpy48 tried to will Toronto to the playoffs, but fell a hair short. He was the best goalie in the league, clearly, because awards committee never makes any mistakes ever.

Mike Kandinsky of Toronto Stars @Mika_Kandinsky --I don't know why; I didn't get the explanation. Guess someone thought he was more important to Toronto than Mr. Carpet? Congrats all the same for being good at hockey!

Lyle Odelein III @Huck24 of New Orleans Specters who was without question the fantasy MVP this season. Don't argue about it. If you're arguing you're one of the many people who didn't get to draft him and saw your butt get handed to you by Easy Mode Odelein. Jokes aside, he played as well as he could have on a bad team, blocking shots like he was the starting GD goalie. NOLA was bad, but can you imagine how much worse they would have been without him?

Aaron Wilson of Hamilton Steelhawks @aaronwilson. He did Aaron Wilson things, was the 2nd highest scorer in the league on a dominant offensive line for Hamilton. In any other season he'd probably be a finalist, but he had a teammate that kinda did something historic.
Is this a joke? what the heck?

[Image: rotti.gif]

The finalists for the Mexico are, as you already know from the OP and the frequent mentions of each of them:

Theo Morgan Steelhawks @Otrebor13
48-54-102, +49, 29 PPP, 306 SOG, 21:11 TOI, 126 hits, 4.8 GF/60, 48.7 SF/60

Set a new league record with 102 points scored. Dominant centerpiece of the Hamilton top unit. The best player on the best team isn’t always the most valuable player in the league, but being the first SHLer to pass the century mark is incredible and certainly has him in the conversation.

Aron Hernadivic Stampede @fishy
32-61-93, +39, 20 PPP, 316 SOG, 21:41 TOI, 37 TkA, 95 hits

3rd in league scoring, was 12 points better than 2nd place on Buffalo. Carried a major load for the Stampede as they ran to the second best record in the league. Many called him a bust a season ago; now the league’s most improved player has shot himself up into the dimension of the league’s best.

Vorian Atreides Panthers @OrbitingDeath
26-53-79, +15, 13 PPP, 216 SOG, 23:56 TOI, 118 hits, 2.6 GA/60, 33.9 SA/60

Led his team in scoring by 14 and had some of the better advanced stats on the team. His 79 points were good for 6th best in the league. The numbers don’t jump out like the other two finalists, but he was an important piece for his team’s success this year.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

06-18-2021, 10:12 PMRotticusScott Wrote: Is this a joke? what the heck?
I don't think so; what are you referring to?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

06-18-2021, 10:15 PMhhh81 Wrote:
06-18-2021, 10:12 PMRotticusScott Wrote: Is this a joke? what the heck?
I don't think so; what are you referring to?
we need more hamilton players mr. hhh >:(

[Image: rotti.gif]

Honestly, I saw this as a two horse race this season. The committee ended up agreeing with me.

MVP comes down to Buffalo's Hernadivic and Hamilton's Morgan.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Those of you who know me, know when it comes to awards, I tend to be pretty hard on the top scorer. I don't love when MVP goes to the best scorer on the best team. There's plenty of controversy that's followed me from my SMJHL Awards Head days on that front.

That being said, I didn't overthink this. The committee didn't either.

With the SHL's first 100+ point season, your S59 Ron Mexico Trophy winner is Theo Morgan @Otrebor13!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Congrats to all the winners this season. Now get off my lawn!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

06-18-2021, 10:22 PMhhh81 Wrote: Congrats to all the winners this season. Now get off my lawn!

I want to stay on your lawn Smile

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

@Otrebor13 MVP!
LET'S FUCKING GO

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

06-18-2021, 09:01 PMhhh81 Wrote: And your winner is....

Not me. No, seriously. Darrow didn't win.

Congrats Disisde Dayudie @"JAJA SWEG DINGDONG"! After a few years of collecting nominations, you got to the finalists stand and came up with gold! syndicate

[Image: EY9OnC.gif]

I dedicate this award to my good friends on Chicago for inspiring me to be the best i can be every night. syndicate

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Congratulations to everyone who won an award tonight! Thrilled to be taking home some hardware!

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Great show @hhh81

Cheers

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

06-18-2021, 09:37 PMhhh81 Wrote: HENRIK LEKBERG OSTERMAN @Thatguy91!!!!

CONGRATS! The Pride goes wild!

Thank you! Thought I had a better chance last season so this was super exciting and surprising!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Thanks everyone, I can't believe I finally won something. And congrats to the other winners!

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Honored and humbled for the awards and nominations, SHL! Glad to have been considered alongside many of these great players

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]