Create Account

s60 PT #5: SHL Family Values

Funnily enough IRL I'm going on a mini family reunion vacation next week!  While I don't bring as much drama to the table as Murphy does I expect my trip is going to go similarly to his.  Murphy's family is his oasis in all the chaos that is the league.  Most of them don't even know he plays in the SHL and those that do think it's a silly league that doesn't make sense.  Put all that together and Murphy is going to be left alone for once this season.  After he "accidentally" drops his phone into the water of course.  Murphy's antics will still continue don't worry, but getting away from the scrutiny of the public eye and all the media attention that comes with being a star 2nd pairing defense-man means that when he passes out in the streets after a night out those photos aren't going to be news worthy.  As long as Teddy can avoid hitting on his cousin for the 8th year in a row, then this family reunion is going to be a very pleasant escape from the world.

The family reunion was not too difficult with Mats Marner as he is already playing with his brother in Chicago with the Syndicate so it was easy as inviting the whole family down to watch a Syndicate game which was all that was needed to bring the family together. It was not just any other game but a matchup against the brother’s former team Calgary Dragons. The Syndicate came out on top and it was a proud moment for the brother to put on a show for their family. Afterwards the Syndicate had the rest of the weekend off so we got to explore a lot of Chicago. Places we went to include exploring Art Institute of Chicago, took a walk through millennium park, and also checked out the Navy Pier. We also could not have a family gathering without a having a big barbecue with lots of good food and drinks. It was a great way to recharged before Chicago’s playoff journey begins.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

The Donair family is nothing short of a rag-tag group from all over the place. Fortunately, both sides of Long John's family decided to come together in Milwaukee for a family reunion of sorts. Donair's mother, born in Russia but a Milwaukee native since she was a child, was working hard in both languages trying to wrangle up all of John's nieces and nephews - 9 in total, to only two siblings of Mrs Donair - Dmitry and Vasily. Each of John's uncles stand 6 feet, 6 inches - but neither of them have a hockey build. In fact, for as many roots in Russia Long John has, he is the only hockey player. The rest of the family sort of considers his "career" to be frivolous. The American side of the family, native to the East coast but scattered throughout the United States in recent years as their careers take shape as well, was much more interested in talking about the SHL than the Russian side.

John took the position that he always does at the reunion. He attempted to show the littlest nieces and nephews some stick skills, followed by pony rides, addressing boo-boos from those rides, and finally helping Mama Donair with dinner for everybody. He's the only person of his particular "age group", so being a liaison between the kids and the parents is nothing new to him. All in all, a nice way to relax before the Panthers make a playoff push.

A family reunion with the Morgans is not a big issue. Most of my family is close and I speak to quite a few of my cousins, aunts, and uncles regularly. I would say that most people in my family are happy for me pursuing my dream and being good at what I do, lots of them talk about the accomplishments and the achievements I’ve won over the years of my career. I’m sure someone might be jealous, or resentful, but what can you do? I’m just good at playing hockey and they’re not.

The bad part of a family reunion is when you get to talking to people who you don’t see very often; the distant aunts or uncles, old family friends whose names you don’t remember and people who vividly remember you being 2 feet tall and changing your diapers. It’s usually easy to avoid, but there’s this one guy, some old friend of my uncle’s. Every time he sees me, he likes to talk about how much money I make, which endorsement deals I’ve signed and the commercials he’s seen me in. Always tries to get some money from me, and that’s the toughest conversation to leave. My cousin knows though, when he sees me stuck, he gets me out of that. Outside of that, the reunion is great, and feels good to have some home-cooked meals.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Calvin Hobbes jumps on the opportunity to spend some time with family while preparing for the postseason. Living away from all his family and friends from Sweden can take a toll on the mental health on anyone. The young Swede often has his close friends come and visit during the season, and while that helps, it's not like meeting family.
During the family reunion the subject of the stolen identity is of course brought up, Calvin quickly explains the situation and asks for it not to be brought up any more. Not worth wasting time on negativity in the past that will take away from the great experience from finally getting some time together with family and friends who have not been able to visit overseas.

As is expected when a family member is a professional athletes, all the young family members are super excited and always want to hear the latest stories and what life constantly on the road is like.

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

Nick Brain's family reunion in Calgary was rather uneventful. A lot of the Brain clan made the trip across the Atlantic to Canada from their home in Shrewsbury, England, where Nick is one of their favorite sons, and they greeted him warmly.

Nick was needled gently over the rather lousy season him and the 9th place Winnipeg Aurora are having, but wasn't really in the mood for that so it was dropped quickly. A few people asked about him possibly being traded, and Nick told them he'd wait til the offseason to talk about any of that.

The focus then shifted to the traditional family dice and card game tournaments that took place at these reunions, with Nick going undefeated in 99 and poker dice, tying for 1st in croconaw, and finishing last in golf cause holy shit that card game makes no sense, unlike the actual sport. Nick's team of family members took home the grand prize of a crate of hunting gear and supplies (Nick got the BB rifle, and posed with it in the victorious family photo).

Overall, a fun night......

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]

Grape Fruit always loves a chance to see his family. It nice with the regular season winding down and having some extra time to relax with the people he loves is a huge plus. The stress of the season will go away as he prepares for playoffs. A lot of these family members live all over the place so it's cool to have everyone in one place for even just a little bit. Naturally, Grape Fruit is the least successful person in his family. Some of the other people include a doctor curing diseases, the top wall street fund manager, an astronaut and the guy who invented time travel. A simple hockey player is no one compared to these giants. Regardless, everyone loves each other and respects our individual accomplishments with the appreciation of a quick time to settle down and catch up with one another. Next year's reunion will be on the moon so that should be pretty cool.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

I was over the moon to go home and see my family. I had been, pretty much, torn away from them by the boss to go play hockey a few years ago. My wife still looks great. She smells exactly like our neighbor but I don't care. Teddy is now in college and she's been doing really well for herself. I can see her easily becoming the breadwinner in this family, considering how hockey still pays out in peanuts. Gabe is almost through high school. He's only been arrested 3 times since I've been gone, which I think is an improvement from the last few years. PJ died. Not that anyone really noticed. And, of course, Charlie is growing up just fine. She's already in middle school, has plenty of friends, and an almost endless reservoir of life advice from her sister. They all seem to be happy that their pop is a hockey player. Although they kinda lament me for not playing a lot or missing some goals here and there. I try to tell them that I'm one of the best two-way players on the team. They don't really care.

[Image: duncan_png.png]

Bjorn Bjorn has some serious issues when family reunions take place. He holds much ill will towards his father who drunkenly thought it would be funny to name him Bjorn, full well knowing their last name was ALSO Bjorn. Due to this, Bjorn has created a long lasting rivalry with his father over his name. When Bjorn arrived at the reunion, he was immediately greeted by his cousin Fjord. Bjorn and Fjord were super close growing up and actually were born on the same night. His father, Mr. Fjord, was also drunk with Mr. Bjorn and he ended up doing the same thing, naming his son Fjord Fjord. Bjorn Bjorn and Fjord Fjord marched into the family reunion and announced "FATHER, WHERE IS MY PUDDING?" As a result of the mishap the fathers would have to fetch the two men pudding on request. Once the pudding was delivered, their issues would vanish for the day. Happy family!

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]

PT Pass

GM of Canada in the WJC S56

S56 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for Canada

[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: GMGumba.gif]

Every 4 years, just like Olympics, happen Goodname family reunion. We have large group of Canadian born people but most interesting part comes from abroad.

2022 hosts are my, Goodname family from Calgary, Alberta. I’m the only one from my Canadian-born family that is related to pro-sports. My grandpa, Labsvards, is a Latvian native-born and played in Calgary for most of his life. He started pro-carrier in Latvia LSHL, then went to Canada. He played for WHL team Calgary Hitmen for half of the season and then joined Montreal Impact as a free agent. After two seasons he returned to Calgary for 20 seasons. I have a lot inherited from him.

He is a grumpy fella so he won’t be around at the reunion. The furthest guests will be Dobroslovs from Russia. Also, their newborn Innokenty will be in Calgary. Hmm. May be 15 years later he will be on skates just like me.

On the guest list will be
American-Mexican relatives Buennombres
Swedish Branamns
Finnish Hyvänimi
Czech Dobrejmeno
Slovakian Dobremeno
Norvegian Branavns
and German Guternames!

So my 2014 short lived character called Isaac Mute who I ended up making Jon Forty-One's dad is perfect for this actually. Because I can imagine them all meeting up and realising how little he is like his father. The Isaac Mute side of his family I can imagine being pleasant people but also not a huge fan of hockey to begin with, then to hear that Isaac got with someone in a crazy cult, had Jon Forty-One and then just be really shocked to find how much of an asshole he really is.

Like Jon is an asshole to a lot of people. Fans, team mates, refs, so I can 100% see him being a complete dick to a fake family he does not consider family nor understand why he has to play a sport on ice that has people get some pretty painful injuries.

I don't think he'd lead with telling them to fuck off per se but I doubt he would be friendly or try to help them out or even get to know them so I can imagine it would go very badly all things considered.

[195 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

PBE CW

[Image: hopoate.png]

As I board the plane headed back to Alaska, I think of the events that just occurred in my hometown of Amiens. You see, I was invited to the family union back home in France. I was excited to be back in my home country and to see some family I haven't seen in a long time. I thought to myself that this would be an excellent time to get my mind off of hockey before the playoffs start. A fresh mindset before the playoffs could do wonders. As soon as I arrived, I was bombarded by family I haven't seen. They were asking me all kinds of questions about America and Americans in general. They would not stop asking about hockey. I tried to give them small tidbits about the ins and outs of the leagues, but I could tell they wanted to know about one thing. All the fights I get in to. Now, in my career so far, I've gotten myself into quite a few scraps on the ice defending teammates and my family wanted to know all about it. I spent most of the reunion talking about hockey and fighting, I didn't have time to clear my head and now as I am heading home, I worry that the "rest" I was supposed to get didn't happen.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ