Create Account

S62 PT #3- Hold this L

Well, that happened. We didn't think we'd be beat! But perhaps it's for the best. Better to be humbled now that in when the games really matter, right? Anyways, the Hall of Famers wiped the ice with our faces. Something felt off that day to be honest. We believe in jinxes, if you haven't heard. Firstly, Python forgot his lucky lunchbox. Lunchbox? Yeah, he's 7yo. On top of that, Titan's dentures fell out in the locker room while we were getting ready. That's never a good sign. Besides that, the Hall of Famers clearly knew what they were doing. They look way too calm. Calm before the storm they say. Right from the opening faceoff, they controlled the puck, sending us running around like puppies. No bite, nothing. To make matters worse, they scored a couple within the first 5 minutes. After that, they became even more bold, if that was even possible. We really need to communicate more and play as a real team. Clearly, we aren't one yet. A good one, at least. We'll be ready for next game though. Lightning doesn't strike twice. Does it?

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Prompt 2 (Kahn on PBE)
I recall getting New England into the finals as General Manager. It was somewhat unexpected, but I was all in. The team went through Hamilton and we were all excited. We lost that finals series, but it is what it is. Taking that lost really stung but it was necessary to grow as a competitor. We got so close to the sun we could nearly taste it. I have been back to the finals as a player and I know what to expect. My first final as a player was successful and saw New England bring home a challenge cup, my first of two. I hope to get back to the challenge cup finals soon, and I feel somewhat prepared for it a lot better than I would if we didn’t lose that one series to Texas. Sometimes losing makes you better. It can make you hungrier and give you a drive that pushes you over the edge.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

WSBL Affiliate

The biggest L Mew Two has taken on this site (and myself as a user, by extension) was not winning the SMJHL MVP in S58. I do not even remember the name of the player I lost the award to, just that he was on Kelwona. I even chatted with the dude in stream chat and he seemed very nice, so there's that at least.

I would say winning the four-star cup really helped me recover from it (even if I won the four star cup before the awards ceremony). While I always have loved it when my players in sim leagues put up good stats, I have been a team-first player in all my sim leagues and that is not changing with mew two. Ultimately, I think that the biggest part of the SHL is enjoying the community and that awards are dumb, anyways. I look forward to the next time mew two decides to have a good season lol.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

One of the worst losses in Barry Batsbaks career is a game 7 of the Four Star Cup Final with the Kelowna Knights against the St. Louis Scarecrows. Kelowna had the best team and best regular season record, but for some reason we couldn't just break through the St. Louis defense as we did in the regular reason. It was a devastating loss and never would Barry Batsbak play another game 7 in the Four Star Cup as a player. After this loss Barry went on a detox far way from technology as possible so he couldn't be reminded about the loss by anyone. Being away from technology for about 4 weeks did him pretty good. As his career right now has been pretty good with a Challenge Cup win in season 50 and numerous Calgary Dragon awards. I'm not sure what else to say, but this loss was bad.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Considering what a long and successful career he has had as a player it is somewhat surprising that he only has one cup to his name. However this hides how many finals he has actually been to. Over the course of his career he has been lucky to have played for many great teams and aside from New England and Atlanta he has made the finals with all of them. In his time with the west Kendall platoon he went to three finals losing two and then went on to lose finals with both New Orleans, a heart breaker in overtime of game 7 after Buffalo goal gender Elizabeth Doyle saved a breakaway, and then indeed after he was traded from Atlanta to buffalo they were smoked four to one in the finals. There aren't many players who have experienced the pain that ultimately comes with going the whole distance over the season only to fall down at the last as much as Rex Kirkby has.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

I think one of the defining moments not even of Zoltans career since he wasn't playing in the SHL in the time but being in the Tampa locker room for the zero wins and fifty losses season. That was the lowest of the low of the locker room and the true "hey were rebuilding" mode. The current core of the locker room was there that season but we still made it a fun good time. We knew we were going to be bad, but figured MAYBE we would squeeze out at least one win. We have definitely recovered since and are sitting in sixth place in the overall standings right now in the league. Fitted and Fiddler have hit their prime minus one but are still a fighting force in the league. Tampa is sitting with a super active team and a super active locker room and we really have come a long way since taking that huge L and defining losing season.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

One of the bigger losses I have taken in my time in my short time as a part of the simulation hockey League so far is probably not being nominated for any awards last season. I get that Anaheim kinda sucked balls but I still had a very good season and should have been nominated for something, considering how well I played as a true rookie. Oh well. The actual biggest loss is definitely falling to 43 in this latest draft and having GMs who I had great discussions with pass up on me, and even had one take an inactive player who everyone knew was inactive over me. This is certainly the largest loss and now I am motivated to stay active and prove that I was worth being drafted higher than in the third round of the last draft. And if I don't at least I will have been a better pick than the dude who retired, so that feels alright

Prompt 2

Most of my L's taken on this website are my fault, and my fault alone. I'm not talking about sim L's (but of course there have been plenty of those since I got called up to the big leagues), but I'm talking just moments where I said something before thinking and then proceeded to make myself look like a dumbass in front of the entire LR. Micool posted a picture of him at a baseball field back in the summer and I saw some ad signs in the background in a different language. I thought "huh that's weird I didn't know we had any team members in Mexico / Spain", thinking the language was Spanish. It was only 30 seconds later that I realized it was French which would make sense as many people live in French-speaking areas of Canada. It was embarrassing, and there's been many moments like that, but I appreciate that we can all (including myself) joke on my stupidity at various points throughout my time with the team.

WC 179

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

WSBL PT Affiliate

[Image: blasoon.gif]

WSBL Affiliate PT

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

Prompt 1

It all seemed so easy. There was an enticing opening left open by Gabriel Johnson, where Magnus could've carried the puck through and caused a chance in the slot - but a few seconds later it was a 3-on-2 going back the other way where Eko Van Otter put the puck up high past Jobin who could only watch helplessly as the shot sailed past him. He replayed the sequence in his head, how Johnson baited him in, stripped him of his puck and sprung the Old Farts Team for an odd-man rush. The rest of the game tightened up defensively, but every single mistake that happened was exploited ruthlessly. The old farts seemed to know where to be to cause the maximum chaos, to take advantage of any little weakness shown by the Superstars.

After that defeat, Magnus knew that he had much more to learn, and that he would be staying up late reviewing game tape. Seems like the old dogs still had some tricks left in them.

[Image: image.png]

Ive definitely taken some good L's during my time on this site, the most prominent ones came during my early days on the site with my first player Ales Smirnov. My first couple of seasons with WKP we were consistently one of the worst teams in the league, it was not a fun time. Eventually we started to turning it around which lead us to playoff appearances, then finally a finals appearance. In our first trip to the finals we lost in game 7, so the simmers team :eyes:, a couple seasons later we made it to the finals again, and guess what it was vs the simmers team again, and oh you guessed it - we lost in game 7 again. 2 game 7 losses like that definitely hurt, and was handed a pretty solid L. My other L came with my second player, when I played for calgary. Calgary actually won a couple of guys while I was on the team, the only thing I was inactive. Winning the cups but not being there to experience them, was a personal L for me.

180+ words

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

As a player who has had more experience as a rebuild member and locker room spirit, I'm actually fairly used to having some pretty rough seasons and I do somewhat expect my debut season for the Rage to also be one with some challenges that come with the territory. While I find the idea of remembering losses as something somewhat tragic, I can actually offer any of you out there some solid advice about them, as a person who has dealt with plenty of losses in many ways - do not let any loss hold you back in doing what you believe is to set you on your path. Hardships are merely steps for you to build your character and your true self in spite of them - hard as it sounds to believe it, be aware of its truth, for it will make you a happier and stronger person through and through.

Words: 152

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR