Create Account

S62 PT #3- Hold this L

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: hudson.png]

Prompt 2

I don't think any loss in particular jumps out at me, but the couple playoff runs I had with LAP went poorly and definitely put me in a downward spiral. FHM was a big shift in the meta and adjusting quickly to that put a lot of stress on the GM's. With issues coming up daily in HO regarding what you can and cant do it definitely kept the GMs ever evolving and on their toes. In the playoffs you didn't have much time for testing or allowing your players to adjust to their new system so it was an extra challenge trying to make everything mesh together well.

My series against NOLA was one I won't forget, it showed the importance of goalie heat, and how small errors can heavily impact the sim. It was a slippery slope but seeing how easy the sim was to manipulate, even by accident, it gave the GM's way more knowledge on how things work behind the scenes, even if some don't believe it to this day.

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

The biggest Ls I hold on to aren't playoff losses - because frankly, losing to teams like Hamilton and Chicago aren't surprising to me, and I don't particularly care for the shade that other teams tend to throw at Buffao for whatever reason. There are four absolutely searing Ls in my career, however, as Emilia Bergman was selected fifth overall. Mikkel Asmus Sondergard (Texas), Ryosuke Sato (Toronto), Matthew Sawful (New England, now FA/retired), and Dwight Knight (Tampa Bay) were all drafted ahead of Emilia, which I consider the biggest Ls of all. I'm very thankful to be on Buffalo, but early in my SHL career I felt as though the fact that I created 45 minutes before the draft (before catchup TPE) was an excuse, not a valid reason to be behind in TPE. I'm now third-overall in my class for TPE, and I've tried to make a point in doing so of pointing out my own shortcomings as a user by relentlessly earning since the moment I made my player. I still use those Ls as motivation and probably will until I retire (or go inactive from having too much work to do, I dunno). Rest assured I'm going to hit 2k well before regression.

Also to be claimed in WSBL, please note my username over there is Dogmatist, not Renomitsu.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Definitely had quite a few big losses with my time on site being so long at this point. Some tough ones as a player and some even tougher ones as a GM or Fed Head. I think some of the worst ones for me would have to be the one's I took as a GM in NOLA specifically. As a GM there we had some immediate success based off our drafting and expansion rules but we also were not able to get it done on the championship side. We made it to the finals but ultimately lost in the finals a few times while I was the Co GM of the team. After a not so pretty process of me stepping down and leaving the team then NOLA promptly wins a championship as soon as I am no longer GM and it was probably my biggest loss on the site missing out on that elusive cup as a GM. Getting a silver medal after 5 straight gold medals in Ireland was also pretty upsetting in a bittersweet way.

178 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Prompt 2- Scott fucking Crawfling.

Every year something like this comes up, and I will talk about how in season fifty the Tampa bay barracuda were reverse swept in the finals by the Calgary dragons. I would go on and on about how everyone had us losing, and we were garbage. We couldn’t compete because blah blah blah. Well I would probably say on top of that, that we were up three games to none in the finals and we felt invincible. There is no way we are losing four in a row. Well I think there’s no way they are winning three more right? Ok, they won two. But they can’t win again? We are fucked aren’t we…this can not happen. Not after that season we had….

But I digress, I will not talk about that embarrassment. Instead, I will talk about Scott fucking Crawfling….

So there we were. An almost entire junior team completely capped….

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

WSBL

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

Blouin has not had any particularly bad losses, but in juniors after the detroit falcons traded him to the vancouver whalers he was looking forward to a long playoff run, and the team did do really well but ultimately couldn't get it done. It was a pretty big disappointment, not getting a cup while being one of the top players, I did win a cup with the Whalers as a DFA, so I can at least claim I have one, but I really wanted to get one for real. WJC is another spot where I'm a bit disappointed, when team world didn't use my player I laced up for team sweden after both sweden and finland offered me a spot. Finland ended up beating Sweden that season and I ended up with a Silver when I could have had a gold. That one maybe stings a bit more than the 4 star cup one because I didn't end up winning a WJC gold and I won't be able to collect all 4.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2021, 09:01 PM by goldenglutes.)

prompt 1

well you know we had to lose eventually but i mean we also have done nothing but lose first to the young up and comers team with future super stars such as @micool132 agnes mcpipe the thir teenth and @Jepox pablo salvatici (actually he is already a star and not just an up and comer but maybe these rosters were decided on a few months ago so maybe he still counted as an up and comer then) but ok yeah the old decrepit fuckers lost to the hall of famers kind of a surprise considering most of the hall of famers have never even played this style of hockey before (franchise hockey manager) and even if they did, they probably only spent the twilight of their careers trying their hardest to adapt to it before regression took their legs out from under them. honestly i bet it was rigged the league just wants the hall of famers to look good because of the old boys club it is what it is

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2021, 09:43 PM by Pickle Juice.)

Prompt 2:

Last year I thought Ty Murphy was a lock for SMJHL defensive player of the year.  Unfortunately I was robbed because of my +/- being a -23, which is a fucking horrendous statistic.  That is the first L that really comes to mind for me.  Others could include the rough last 2 years I played in Detroit.  The locker room is always great there but Jesus we were like 15-40 or something like that.  Just sucks losing, even if you know you’re in the middle of a rebuild haha.  I think those seasons just really made me grateful for the success I’ve had in the past and understand how hard it is to come by in the future.  It’ll be interesting to see if Ty Murphy has any success in the future, I’m thinking he will since I plan on a long career for him.  Let’s go Birds baby

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Code:
PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: We've all taken Ls on this site (L<----- this one's mine), feel free to reminisce about any particularly bad ones. Playoff and medal round losses always sting, but talk about some bad losses that really molded your player or you as a user. Have you recovered?

The hardest loss for me was during my rookie season in Vancouver. We were such a strong team, and had played so well all season including the first round of the playoffs. The semi-finals was the place that it all came crashing down. It was hard for me to understand why we as the two seed had to play the top seeded Newfoundland who had been dominant all year in the semis.

It was my first hard lesson in the world of FHM. We dropped the series 4-1, but the most frustrating thing is that it denied our team the finals appearance we so deserved that season. Newfoundland went on to coast to the championship, which was much deserved, but it still left a sour taste in my mouth that we were left out of that.

I guess in the end it all ended up ok, as last season we got to the championship and walked away with rings, but that first season ending still feels like a tough one to me.

172 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Losing in a hockey game is never fun, but especially when you get your butt kicked so bad that your kids feel the ass whoopin. It was a rough game, but just like every other hockey season, there are many more games left to play, so our team had to learn how to pick themselves back up and focus on the next games.

The first thing that we need to do is go to the bar and have a few brews to forget the night. Not too many, since it will be an early morning for us, but sometimes the best thing to do after a bad day is to go out and have a good time to forget about what happened, and start fresh the next day.

After that, we have to get to work. We will spend the morning doing tough practice skates and give it our all. once we are wiped out, we will head to the film room to watch the game from last night and see what went wrong, and see how we can improve. That will help us not only for other games, but also if we ever meet the Hall of Fame team again during this tournament

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

If I'm honest really, my whole first player was a massive, massive walking L. I don't really think there's anything good about his career, besides a few gold medals, but it's with Canada so who cares. Besides that no other form of award at all, maybe only like one nomination for some bullshit award at some point. I guess my biggest L would be losing to the Montreal Militia in the S49 SMJHL Four Star Cup Finals in 5 games. It was crushing to lose in so little games, when we were easily one of the best contenders, even getting a bye straight to the second round, and the Militia didn't even seem to be a contender entering the playoffs. Also another one of my big Ls in Simon's career was not scoring any playoffs goals in 7 seasons, across the SMJHL and SHL. It took him exactly 72 playoffs games just to get one goal. So pathetic.

158 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Prompt 2:

Like many, I've had my fair share of L's on the site. From basically ending the Fantasy Series (or, as I like to say, starting the World Juniors) by spilling a full can of beer on my laptop 4 years ago, to never being able to find myself lifting a Four Star Cup with my large array of juniors superstars. The biggest L that I've had during my time of the site would be in one of those juniors campaigns with one of my former Hagans, this one in Marc. Marc had a short-lived SHL career, managing to win a cup and hang around for 5 or 6 seasons, but his juniors career lasted only two seasons in the STHS era. It was in this time that the L hit, as Marc was a top player on the Montreal squads of S45/S46, and ended up falling short to teams upsetting Montreal, continuing to deny me a 4 Star.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]