Create Account

S62 PT #3- Hold this L

Task1

The gall of farmers are some bitches small wags and bunch of bitter faces. Not once did one of these guys ever shake my hand or even try to be friends with benefits. In all my time I've wined and dined these boys all the way back to dixieland. I've never really liked superstars they act like bimbos and puppy stains. Let's just talk brass tax these hooligans could never even come close to my style of play or tenacity. It was once quoted give the dog a bone and get his cat one too. Look at this mirror and try to find my flex vuz stars get bars and I'll test them at Kmart. Look at this vomit my dogs name is comet. Pickle juice is for kids and I'll always hold on that. Come give me a hickey because this man's is hot fire baby. Look for some dollars today baby boy

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

The game he had been dreading finally happened. Kermit Murphy was standing on the same ice surface as his father Tig, a recent first ballot hall of famer. A man whose legacy he had tried to distance himself from for his own sanity by playing as a scoring forward until hitting the pro ranks, where his skillset was better translated to defense. The last time a Murphy wore #94 for the Argonauts, Tig Murphy won the Bojo Biscuit award for best defensive defenseman. In his rookie season, wearing the same number, Kermit would take home the coveted rookie of the year award. This gave him a boost in knowing he had a chance to live up to his father, a man who won awards on a reputation of being the offensive defender of a generation followed by a stretch as the league's best defensive stalwart. In the end, the elder Murphy showed his son that there was still much to learn, pacing the HOFers to a 3-2 victory with two goals and an assist.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Flashing back to the great days of the st Louis Scarecrows dynasty; the teams I have the privilege to be our were a great group of guys and gals, a long with being very talented on both offense and defense. The worst loss that I can re call was losing in the play offs before we were able to thee peat; we had won the previous two four star cups and then this was going to put us in the talks as to being the second greatest dynasty in the scarecrows history behind the early season forty's scarecrows, where we played in the mid to late season forty; what a great decade for the scarecrows. Specifically looking back at the play off series we were favorited as expected and justified fell flat on our face, I think that a lot of players on the team really took that series loss personal and it stayed with many of the players for the rest of their careers. What could have been...

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

We've all taken Ls on this site (L<----- this one's mine), feel free to reminisce about any particularly bad ones. Playoff and medal round losses always sting, but talk about some bad losses that really molded your player or you as a user. Have you recovered?

Considering that I have only been a part of this community for one full season the amount of heartbreaking losses that I've been through is limited. That being said, I, and everyone else in the Citadelles organization are true competitors and being eliminated in the semi finals last season was not an easy loss to take. In the eight short seasons that the Citadelles have been a part of the SMJHL they have reached the semi-finals a grand total of six times, losing in five of those appearances - the only time they managed to shake the semi-final monkey off their back was the season that they took the four star cup home. Since joining the league and being drafted by the Citadelles I have really felt at home there, and it is hard to feel that their history isn't mine as well. This year the expectation of being cup contenders has not waivered, we will try again.

[Image: image0.png]
Sig by @Ragnarr

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=391632

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Prompt 2:

I've taken hella L's on my time on this site. Where to begin. Losing to the now defunct team, the St Louis Scarecrows, in the SMJHL playoffs my first time. A fatter L, was losing to them the next season in the finals. Killer. They took the real L though as I don't even know what team they are now lol. Another L I took was not getting the Dar nom like 10 seasons ago, that sucked. A worse L was losing the Razov two years in a row. A huge L was walking away from Hamilton to go to Atlanta. Prolly would have had like 7 cups if I stayed. Buffalo losing the cup the year I was there was again a big L, as they were a heavy favourite going into the playoffs. All in all I must be cursed or something. The final L is coming this off season when HO changes regression to push me out of this league.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Prompt 2

This one is a bit hard for me to answer to be completely honest as I do not really take any losses in sim leagues all that hard/serious. It is not that I do not care, but I do not want to take it so seriously that I do not have a fun time doing this anymore. That being said, the hardest loss for me was probably last season when we lost to the Hamilton Steelhawks. The series ended in 5 with obviously Hamilton coming out on top. The loss to me was hard not because I felt that we had a very good chance, fought hard to lose, or that I was super attached to that season, but just the opposite. I was not very attached to that season, we did not have a good chance, and we did not fight through those games that hard. It just felt like we lost before g1 was even simmed. It was just a pointless series. 

WC: 165

In a desperate attempt to finally win a game, the S55 Coomers decided to swap Igor Victory out of the net and give someone else a try. Colin Lambert strapped on the pads and did everything he could to prepare for his first game in net. He watched hours of film. He trained with the best coaches. He could fill pools with the sweat, tears, and blood that he poured into his week of training. In practice he looked fantastic. He had the swiftness and speed of a cheetah. It’s officially game day, and the Coomers take the ice for warm-ups. Lambert leads the way in his brand-spanking new goalie pads. He looks horrible during warm-ups. He didn’t stop a single puck. The game begins and he gets lit up on the first five shots. The team decides that it would be better for him to pull himself and come back in the game as an extra defenseman. That didn’t work well either. Up and Coomers lose. Sad.

168 Words

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Prompt 2: 
The biggest loss I've had on this site came at the hands of Minnesota. I was in the last year of my Hall of Fame goaltender. Never had I won a cup in the SHL. Playing against a stacked Minnesota team with our young upstart Panthers. I had my best season to date, was on track to win the MVP of the league, but we still couldn't figure out Minnesota. Having clawed our way back to a nearly even series and excited about our chances moving forward. We ended up losing 5-2 against Minnesota in game six to lose the Challenge Cup. I honestly can't remember being so let down in my time on the site. My second most difficult loss was getting nearly swept in the finals by one of the best SMJHL teams in history as the GM of the Colorado Raptors. We got demolished by Sophia Bennett and Robert Phelps and it was just an ugly ending to such a beautiful season. But I can't really feel as bad about that loss because Sophia Bennett and Robert Phelps were first ballot hall of fame players. My poor guys stood no chance. But I can still think back to how great that season was and what a disappointment it was to lose in that series. Absolutely tough being in this league sometimes and it's hard to watch some others have so much success! But you just gotta keep moving forward.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

While my last player had his fair share of L’s, it's been long enough that I can't really remember them in detail. With my current player’s short time back in the league, he hasn't had much time to get the big L’s yet.

Regina wasn't challenging out of the gate, that was an expectation so losses were the reality. If i had to pick some losses that stand out so far our sweep at the hand of Kelowna in last season playoffs stands out. We had a pretty even season series that year so the chance was there. It was very disappointing to see the team stumble and fall flat as they bowed out in four games.

Another L would be another playoff bow out. When DFA’ing in Detroit, i was excited to see how far i could go to start my new players career and another sweep was handed my players way as playing out of position probably hurt Detroit more than helped.

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 11:11 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

PBE PT

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Prompt 2,. I've been lucky enough to have a lot of success as a player and GM in the SHL so my L's have been minimal, but one I remember was on a pretty big stage back in the early S30's in the Cup Finals vs New England. At the time Calgary and New England had won 2 cups each between S29 and S32 and were the two top teams in the league but had never met in the finals during that span. I think it was S33 we finally faced off, at the time Eggy was GM of New England and we had a friendly rivalry as the only GM's to win cups in the last 4 seasons, we knew this match up would come. It was a good series from what I can remember, but Eggy and New England beat us and won the cup. It wasn't embarrassing it was more just a loss on a big stage against the other dynasty team at the time. Later in my career I had eggy as a player in Calgary and he made sure to not let me forget about that cup finals, lol. Never got a chance for a rematch but is definitely a memorable L for me.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Prompt 2

I can't remember which season it was and we all know I'm too lazy to actually go look through the index to find out, but a few seasons back Kelowna and Quebec City had strong reegular seasons with both of us clearly atop the standings.  All that was fine and dandy and we had the expected breeze through our first playoff teams, but because FHM gonna FHM we ended up playing each other in the semifinals despite being in different conferences.  Well that matchup did NOT go well for the Knights let me tell you.  We were soundly beaten and I want to say it was a full sweep where none of the games were particularly close.  The next season we rebounded to win a championship, but didn't get a revenge matchup against QCC so as far as rebounds go it was a pretty solid recovery.  Even with the cup the following season I still have nightmares about what QCC did to us in that series though... it was mean.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 11:18 PM by mcpumpkin.)

Prompt 2

My overall L was a long string of L's. When I joined the SHL a few months ago I did it during a time where I was at peak cabin fever due to being unemployed for a few months, and going through a lot of interviews but not making progress. It was a great distraction but also a fantastic way to meet new friends <3 love you Kraken (and new Forge friends). However, nearly 2 weeks after joining I got hired! Finally! This was great, but at the same time I'd just helped my roommate and best friend move out, so I ended up missing quite a lot of potential TPE for my player over the course of about 3 weeks.

The L's didn't start to really come until the first few weeks of this season and how the Carolina Kraken had our rough start. It sucked to be losing games, but it was awful to know that a larger part of that reason was likely my player. It seemed like every sim it would be "Lenny coughs it up" directly leading to a goal against. During those weeks I kept looking to my player build wanting to improve upon it to fix these defensive issues, and it was clear that if I'd not missed all those points and I'd been 350 capped earlier maybe we'd have a few more wins. It peaked during our 10-3 loss against Vancouver in our 14th game, where Lenny was a team lowest -5 and nothing else to show for his efforts that game.

Thankfully I don't harp on these feelings much, and having a great locker room has made weathering this storm that much easier. Real life happens, and that will always be okay, and we all trust our amazing management crew to help us get it together, and they did!

Go  Kraken !

P2

Chester Cunningham was drafted 50th overall into the SMJHL, and later taken 31st overall by Toronto into the SHL. He played 957 SHL games tallying up a total of 645 points over the coarse of his career. As a two way forward he racked up an impressive 1937 hits over his 20 season career, earning him a Jeff Dar Trophy for best defensive forward. There were a couple of big Ls that tainted his legacy however. The biggest of which was only one finals appearance in that time span. And perhaps the biggest L of all was not winning that series, and never getting a championship trophy. To add further insult to injury, when the hall of fame ballots came rolling around, he never received enough votes to get inducted. Likely had he won a single championship he would have made it in. However his legacy is now that of being the highest point earner to not make it into the HOF, what a giant L.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France