Create Account

S62 mPT #5: Regression

Well I’m not excited about the new regression changes because I won’t get to experience as long of a career with Petrov as I likely would have hoped. Many goalies before me got to experience that and I won’t and that kinda bums me out not gonna lie.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

I used to love the old threads that would commentate the games, and waiting for the writer to make up something witty or randomly keep refreshing and not seeing anything only to find out the writer had to poop or when on a food coma after eating a turkey sandwich.

[Image: vikian.gif]

I miss when more stuff happened on the forums. I feel like I used to be more in the loop with the league back in the day because more things happened on the forums instead of across a ton of different discords.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

i miss the old index threads. that used to be the way to know when a sim was done and could quickly gather the stats to see and rip on everyone if you won and stay silent when you sucked ass. about the only thing i miss from the old simon sims.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

One of the things that I've missed a lot is the sigs made by @Wasty. The guy is an unbelievably talented graphic artist and sig maker and I really felt like his content added a lot to the quality of the site. Miss him and the other sig gods like Karey making the site look that little bit special

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

I'm still fairly new to the league so there's not much for me to miss yet. I do miss that overwhelming welcome when I first signed up and joined, going through the draft interviews with teams and getting to know everyone but at the same time I've gotten very comfortable where I am now and life has gotten very busy so things are in a great place right now.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Ive only been with the SHL for a few seasons now so its hard for me to recall something that went away but I will miss my sweet TPE when regression inevitably claims it

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

I miss when equipment used to be bought in pieces instead of buying coaching. Coaching is more convenient, I guess, but it was so much more fun to buy new skates and sticks every season.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Something that went away from the SHL and didn't come back was goalie Bigga Foryu. Really lost something not being able to troll @UberBJabout his player's performances.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

I actually kind of miss the PBP threads. I hated that I had to do it in order to max earn, but the threads were fun and there were always unique presentations.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

I don't really know since I technically have not been around for that long. I didn't really see anyone using forum locker rooms, although that's basically how old sim leagues that I've been a part of have worked.

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]   Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF]  Team Japan | S60 Gold

Code:
Your task: Describe something that went away from the SHL that you wish had stuck around. And yes, you can say your tpe under the new regression rules. But make it 25 words at least.

I think one of the things I will always miss and wish had stuck around would be the on site locker rooms. They were absolutely my favourite part of the site back in the day. While I think discord does the trick better than the forums, those forums still had something special about them. Waking up to posts and pages of new content and helping hit up to 300 pages of comments was always cool.

(75 words)

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Not something that I miss, but something that I feel should be added is some way to be able to get missed TPE for if someone went on vacation or had other personal matters happen.

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]

I miss the pops. They were always fun. I also miss the fhm pops they used to link in the index. Now you can read shit about the game you just get a score.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

I guess I haven't been around long enough to miss anything or be outraged by regression changes. Changes are required to keep things fresh and stop the league from going stale, that being said if it aint broke don't fix it.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!