Create Account

S63 mPT #3: CUZ BABY TONIGHT 3

Since I'm a musician, I would say that my favorite song lyrics are from one of my songs. I always have said that you have to be your biggest fan to make things work and I still live with that moto. However, there are no specific lyrics. I like them all and it's hard to choose which one exactly is my favorite.

Stars Stars Stars

君のせい 君のせい 君のせいで私
臆病でかっこつかない
君のせいだよ

I didn't choose these lyrics because of the content. Instead, I chose it because it's the start of a pretty good song. It's also the song that got me interested in listening to the peggies,

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Lots of people like to hate on Kanye, but I really don't get it. The hate seems a bit unwarranted. Take the opening song from his latest album Donda:

Donda
Donda
Donda
Donda
Dooonda
Donda
Donda

Truly a masterpiece of poetry and music.

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Only because the lyrics wont leave my head, Scientist by Twice

Love ain't a science, don't need no license
The more you sit there thinking, it's a minus
Don't try to be a genius, why so serious?

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

From rise against in 'the good left undone' - 
All because of you
I believe in angels
Not the kind with wings
No, not the kind with halos
The kind that bring you home
When home becomes a strange place
I'll follow your voice
All you have to do is shout it out

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

Don't you know that you're toxic?
And I love what you do
I'm addicted to you

I AM HAPPY THAT BRITNEY IS FREE AND I LOVE BEING TOXIC

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

I got some dirty boots, yeah dirty boots
I got some dirty boots, baby
Dirty boots

Hey!

For the sake of Dirty Boots we're going with Dirty Boots by Sonic Youth. I do sincerely love this song though. That ramp up to the HEY! Is my favorite part, followed by that noisy Sonic Youth solo. I got some Dirty Boots, baby.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

I really love these lyrics by Streetlight Manifesto from their song Somewhere in the Between, I really love the perspective it has on life throughout the whole song and particularly this part right here:

So you were born, and that was a good day
Some day you'l die, and that is a shame
But somewhere in the between
Was a life of which we all dream
And nothing and no-one will ever take that away

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Do you see yourself with me?
It's not fair to say that everything is alright
When you're with me you're always runnin' away
This better be the last time
Do you see straight through me?
Am I just a dream to get you through the night?
When you're with me you're always runnin' away
This better be the last time

Save me. Erase me
Save me. Erase me

This is from the song "Keiko" by Cory Wells, and I chose them because this song is one of my current favorites. The lyrics are obviously thematically similar to a lot of song lyrics out there, but the point is that the singer is wondering if their partner is just going through the motions or if they really love them for them.

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

I suppose the one that hits me truly the most has to be Jeremy by Pearl Jam.

Clearly I remember
Pickin' on the boy
Seemed a harmless little fuck
But we unleashed the lion
Gnashed his teeth and bit the recess lady's breast
How could I forget

And he hit me with a surprise left
My jaw left hurting
Dropped wide open
Just like the day
Oh, like the day I heard

Daddy didn't give affection, no
And the boy was something that mommy wouldn't wear
King Jeremy the wicked
Oh ruled his world

I was bullied as a little kid for about three years or so. See, when I was the age of reaching primary school, I actually liked going to classes very much, had loads of enthusiasm and happened to be hopeful for the future. The kids in my class really didn't share this outlook, treated me like utter garbage and frequently tried to isolate me. Hell, it got so bad that I didn't even want to go to class. I never had the strength to tell to my father that I felt oppressed and powerless, mostly because the school was expensive but it promised the world once it was all over.

Until one day came, the day I got in a fight. First time I ever did resort to violence, too. It felt good, it felt... nice. Like I was able to fight for justice. Obviously, things got worse from there on and I only "recently" managed to get a hold on the concept of trusting people. The school, also rather obviously and unfortunately, chose to back up the rich pricks while I got the flack, while also giving them plenty of excuses to isolate me. I still can kinda tell when people decide to be nice for "reasons", whether to feel better about themselves or not. Still fucking disgusts me - if you want to be friends with folks, show that you give a shit and not just spell sweet nothings on their ears, it's not fucking rocket science.

I got a better outlook in life again, eventually, after years and years of growing up, but it still comes in some nights, when the day was just too bad or I got ignored too much. I know I'm rather unique as a person in many ways - tastes, thoughts, opinions, stories, humour, all that - so I guess I'm fine about not being constantly talked to, I might interrupt thoughts, that's not nice and all that but... people still require some interaction in life, y'know. I mean, if I didn't want it, I could've probably just closed myself off from the world, the exception being the useful friend here or there. Nobody would've batted an eye. Nobody ever did back then, doubt it'd be much different these days.

I did, however, consider offing myself once like the boy whose story apparently served as the basis for the song but religion and (more important) my father made me not go ahead with it. My parents had me pretty young so they were very inexperienced, but when it came to be, they really helped me out. Last year of primary, they went to the school and, finally, the school did something about it. But by then, I just ignored everyone and went ahead with my days. The place ended up closing, the people who ran it were fucking horrible with money and I've only seen a couple of folks from primary school once or twice after that.

I did scare one away on a holiday, though, that was fun. Almost got to punch the fat shit in the face too.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 02:22 PM by SchwarzNarr.)

honestly the greatest song lyrics come from hamilton, and specifically when Daveed Diggs is rapping as lafeyette because there's something so incredible about the way lin manuel miranda rhymed and how Daveed delivered it, specifically thinking anarachy and panicky

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

You are the dancing clean
Young and sweat
Only seventeen

Dancing clean
Feel the beat from the jumbotron, oh yeah
You can skate
You can dive
Having the time of your life

Ooh, see that grit
Watch that clean
hitting the dancing clean

[Image: cleanandrei.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 02:34 PM by puolivalmiste.)

Well, hard to say it is a favorite, just a chorus of something that is playing in my head currently.

Minä kannattelen kyläbaarimme pitäjää
Vedän kaikki kurkusta mitä jää13
Pienestä palkkapussistani
Minä kannattelen kyläbaarimme pitäjää
Vaikkei muija ymmärrä sitäkään
Tää käy jo toisesta duunista hani

Which roughly translates to

I'm supporting the owner of our local bar
Chug down everything that's left
from my tiny wage
I'm supporting the owner of our local bar15
Even if my woman doesn't understand that either
This is basically another job, honey

Too bad that bar in our village was closed years ago.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

I know Kanye's crazy now but "back before anybody wanted K. West beats me and my girl split the buffet at KFC". cracks me up everytime. Who among us hasn't paid for 1 buffet and split it with their girl? I know I have

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

I listen to a lot of random genres so it's always hard for me to nail down a favorite song or one set of lyrics I love over others. I will say though that sometimes I really enjoy singing along to corny songs like Pretty Fly by the Offspring or the Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3