Create Account

S64 PT#0: Read the Room

Prompt 1: What I like about PTs

One thing I like about PTs is thinking about how my player interacts with the fictional world of the SHL. the other players around me, etc.  It causes me to think about the different interactions I have with users and I love taking the opportunity to includes others in my PTs when I feel that it fits.  I love the idea of PTs having a theme that happens throughout the season where you can build on the story, while also having a backup generic option for when the creative juices are not flowing.

I do wish there were more offseason PTs, especially now with shorter seasons, I would love to see the opportunity for a little bit of consistent tpe to be earned during the slower times of the year as well.  It would be great to see these PTs specifically relate to events happening during the offseason, such as international play or the offseason, big signings or big trades, etc.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

I will answer for the first prompt.

Hey Dan! Glad to see you taking on the PT Director role! I understand that it might be considered a somewhat thankless job at times, but I have faith you'll provide some great prompts for the league!

Some of my favorite prompts in the past were definitely those that did concentrate specifically on the player. I know a lot of users do enjoy the roleplay aspect of the league tremendously, and I would say that I somewhat fit into that category, although I don't do that much writing about my player as I really should. Still, I love the prompts like this week's mPT, which allow us to help build our own characters and I guess subsequently building on the grand universe of the simulation hockey league universe. That being said, I also believe it's important to have prompts that discuss the main theme of this league; hockey!

So yeah, my two main wants are: Prompts related to our player as an individual, and prompts about hockey that may or may not link back to our player.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

ISFL affiliate +

Quote:
Citadelles

Normally I would write about the pucks in deep prompt mostly because this is a hockey sim league and I just find those easier to mulch out 150 words and call it a week. I think Slash did a pretty damn good job as PT Director, it's gotta be a thankless job sometimes where not everyone is going to be happy with the prompts. I think coming up with a two prompt system was a great move even though it probably means twice the work for you but that's what I appreciates about the league.

After two years on the site I won't lie, I do find PTs a bit of a chore and I think I even skipped one last season. I usually leave them to the last moment and am just not creative enough to do the more engaging prompts but I find myself reading a few and having some laughs. I look forward to seeing what you can do in the position!

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

My favorite PTs are the ones that are just absolutely off the wall silly. I don't enjoy so much the ones where you're basically just talking about the season or what you plan on doing, etc, but the ones that really make you think and the sillier you get with it, the better. One of my favorite ones we had recently was the jelly bean selection from the guy in the trench coat. It made no sense, had barely anything to do with hockey, but it was very fun to write and go through some of the replies. I'm also not a huge fan of the continuous prompts. I found myself not enjoying one of the prompts on the very first week when we were doing that, and because I didn't choose that prompt the first week, it didn't really make much sense for me to choose that continuous prompt for the remainder of the season.

WC: 161

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Prompt 1

There haven't been many prompts in the past that I didn't enjoy. In general I always like those that are 'accessible' to everyone where you don't need a lot of - how should I call it - 'background knowledge' to write about it. There have been some, not many, in the past where I didn't quite get it in the beginning (sometimes that can be 'cultural' knowledge too, e.g. TV shows that everyone from one country knows but that are completely unknown in other parts of the world), those weren't great. Sometimes I read the prompt and I immediately have an idea and write something and sometimes that's not the case. However, if you've been doing these for a while (years) it can become quite a chore sometimes and you just write something for the sake of hitting the 150 words. Anyway, just give us something interesting and creative and I'm sure that'll work for everyone.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Prompt 2
Well boys that one didn't go as planned. In the third period of a tied game, the puck was launched in hard by the other team. Being my typically helpful self, I left the goal to play the puck behind the net, like I have done a thousand times before. Well, this time an aggressive forechecker came up a hell of a lot faster than I was expecting, so I had to get the puck out quick to the breakout. But when I tried to pass the puck I fanned on it, missing solid contact and instead of a hard pass to the boards, instead it was a soft slider to the red circle. It doesn't take much at this level to simply grab that puck and score, which is exactly what the other team did. Oh I tried to get back to the goalie but it is hard being graceful when you're wearing all those pads, a mask, and an incredibly heavy goalie stick. I didn't make it in time and of course the other team buried it. With little time left, and such a stupid goal turning the tides, that was about it. Sorry boys.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Thanks Slash, appreciate all your hard work in the role of PT Director. Welcome Dan, best of luck, don't ever let the job get you down.

Prompt 1: I appreciate you getting feedback on what people enjoy/don't enjoy, I think that will be helpful because at times last season some of the pt's were a bit out there and while they were creative it was hard for me personally to find that same creativity to write about the idea. I think with this being a hockey league we should always have one of the prompts be related to hockey, the season, your team, your arena, etc. Something that the hockey guys can easily write about. You can also have a creative pt non-hockey related for the more creative thinkers, but we should always have both options available like you did for this PT, you have a hockey prompt as prompt 2 which I normally would choose but wanted to give you this feedback. Also I personally love PT's about food, like create your arenas concession stand menu named after players on your team or drink menu, stuff like that is always fun. Ok well good luck appreciate all your time and work you're going to put into the job. Have fun.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

I have really enjoyed having the option to do the two different prompts, that was a big improvement in my mind. I enjoy a mix of silly and fun, and generally like the PTs to be fairly open-ended. 

You mentioned that fun and silly is your flavour of choice and I agree completely. While the opportunity for more serious RP or analysis is tempting, I am more than happy to leave that sort of thing to media pieces and podcasts.

As someone who works a lot, and juggles a couple hobbies, keeping the PTs light and goofy helps me. When the prompts appear fun, it is much easier for me to get inspired and quickly come up with a response, instead of agonizing over a difficult one for days on end.

A thank you to Slash for his work! I am aware that the PT director is a tough job, and through all of my time here, I have only had a half handful or fewer prompts that I struggled with.

[Image: banes.png]

PBE PT

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Firstly, let's thank slash! Vlastislav Malik is on NOLA, so he's thanked him on Discord already, but let's make this public. The new, exciting PT prompts were great! Sure, sometimes you just want to write about pure SHL/hockey-related stuff, but its great to be able to write about more fun prompts as well. So, thank you for getting that ball rolling slash! Now, welcome! I have to say, I'm very glad to see that you have continued the tradition of providing multiple prompts to keep everyone happy. I was worried we'd go back to the usual prompts. For what my opinion is worth, please continue the crazy prompts. The crazier the better. This is meant to be a fun way to interact with each other and the league. Do you want to sit there and read hundreds of PT responses about 3rd period mistakes? The correct answer is no. Just be ready for some hate (people are weird). If anything, you'll get to hate on everyone in your LR. Welcome again and have fun!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

WSBL Affiliate
note my username there (Dogmatist) is different than my one here (Renomitsu) - have corresponding disclaimers in my sigs on the opposite site

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

I would definitely say the point tasks are a chore, however I just finished school so they are definitely less of a chore. I do enjoy writing these little things though, at least most of the time. I really enjoy slash’s implementation of the two prompt PTs, for those folks who want to be serious all the time and never want to have any fun, they can always write about game time type stuff. For me, my player sucks ass. Like he is really bad, so it isn’t always easy to just drone on and on about how his linemates each had like 60 points last season and he had 30… so I enjoy the more goofy prompts and being able to get a little bit more creative with this stuff and really get wild with it. My only issue is sometimes, like with this PT, I run out of things to say before the word requirement.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤