Create Account

S64 PT#0: Read the Room

I have appreciated the double prompt structure of the PTs lately, it gives the people who enjoy role playing a character something to enjoy while also giving a more straightforward topic for those who aren't into that aspect of the league. But for me personally, I find PTs to be a chore most of the time. Creative writing isn't really my thing so I prefer to do the simple, here is what is going in the sim kind of PTs. The more I can just look at the index and come up with something based on those numbers, the easier things are for me, and I'm sure many others are the same way. I do enjoy the massive flexibility that all of the affiliate leagues provide, so I hope that is something that will continue to stick around. But as a whole, I think the PT department has done a fantastic job as of late and I hope you can keep up the same quality.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

pbe affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Prompt 1

I have a bit of an odd relationship with PTs. Some weeks I feel truly inspired and will go 50 or 75 words over the requirement, and only stop so I don’t waste too much effort. Then other times, they are a necessary evil, something I need to get done so I can get the TPE, improve my player and not let my team down. And honestly, I don’t really know if it’s the prompt that makes me feel that, or just how my week is going. You know, if I’m having a stressful week at work, finishing late, got other sim league jobs to be getting on with, sometimes I just can’t be bothered doing 150 words on what my player would make for his teammates for lunch, or whatever. But, other times, when other things have slotted into place, I feel like it’s a breeze to knock it out and I’m straight on the site, pulling together a 200+ word epic. Good luck, you’ll need it!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: gill.png]

The thing that I really truly utterly love the most about simulation hockey League point tasks is specifically the ones where they make it so that it is really easy to just waffle on endlessly about basically next to nothing. Old re used point tasks are pretty good as well because you can just go back and find the one that you did before and maybe change a few things here or there to make it slightly different. In general though I think that slash did a good job of mixing in a blend of the old over done tasks with some new and outlandish ones even though quite a lot of people around the simulation hockey league did get a bit upset about point tasks that possibly did not relate to the game or their player as much. In a particular I liked the task with the different coloured jelly beans because it added a bit of fun and flavour into something that is otherwise pretty boring.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

PTs are usually fun for me, since my days of being part of the PT department, which was a ride and a half for sure. I typically enjoy PTs related to the league, teams, or players. I think that ones that focus more on things "outside the box" are not quite as fun or engaging for the users. I think the majority of us all have a personality, life, etc for our players thought it as backstories and things. Being able to use that back story in a a way that is fun and exciting, as well as being able to read how others perceive their players' mental and physical state with the league, their teams, teammates, etc.

I also have enjoyed the create a meme type PTs in the past as they can get pretty funny and pointed without being mean or aggressive or crossing a line, especially of the loss of the TPE is on the line if they do.

I'd consider myself a fan of the prompts that reallt give an opportunity to take it different ways. It's tough, though. I also don't wholly enjoy tasks that demand inclusing of teammate qualities because there's a certain apprehension about getting it "wrong" so to speak, when it comes to how another persons player will respond. Really the best task in my mind is something like the wedding task; it's not necessarily tied to a teammate so players get to call upon their whole history of teammates (it's nice to be nostalgiac to juniors teammates that you aren't likely to play with again), and it can be a much smaller event in terms of there being just one teammate so there aren't toes being stepped on, or the people more into networking can put full effort into it. The kind of task that gives freedom in scope, really, is how I'd refer to it. Especially for SHL PT's where some form of communication amongst teammates is expected at some point so it wouldn't be too daunting for a new member to the league.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

ISFL Affiliate Username: PMoney

I think the PT's over the past few season have been really awesome, @SlashACMwas killing it the whole time he was head. I think my favorite PT's are the ones exploring SHL history and events. Like talking about your favorite games, trades, experiences, things like that. Its fun to watch how other people see the league from their perspectives. I find those a lot more interesting than the cookie cutter ones we have sometimes, although those have been few and far inbetween since slash took over and revamped the system. I'd say going forward we should do more team and history based PT's over individual based, but thats also just because I like looking at other team's interactions and mindsets in PT's. I guess just keep doing what you guys have been doing and keep up the awesome work thats been built on over the past few seasons! Good job guys you are integral to the site.

[Image: rotti.gif]

What I enjoy from PTs is being able to write them in as little time as possible while still getting the tpe for it tbh. In all seriousness, I'm not a big fan of the fun and creative PTs because to me they can be a little difficult to write about sometimes, I've always preferred more sim-related or statistical prompts because they are generally easier to do but also it can be fun to look at stats and try to find some trends, I feel like we haven't had prompts like that in a while but I also missed some PTs last season so I might be wrong, anyway I'd like to see more PTs like that. But also yes, PTs are definitely a chore when you've been on the site for multiple years. I remember being excited and trying to come up with some backstory for my player when I just joined, but after 3 years I just want to cross it off my todo list and forget about it.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Task 2

Jaska Seppala of the Buffalo Stampede really does not want to admit the mistake he made late in the third period of their game against the Tampa Bay Barracuda but he does anyways because Jaska Seppala is a guy who wants to own up to his mistake and make up for it. Late in the third his coach came up to him and told him all the water bottles were empty and told him to fill it up with water but Jaska Seppala thought he said Vodka so he went to his game time Vodka stash and filled all the bottles up with it. Weird that the coach told him that but I guess he had enough of his playing. Well they got crushed. Yeah weirdly it did not go well! To make up for it Jaska Seppala first apologized and then gave his whole team a bottle of his favorite vodka! I do not think the rest of the team thought that was all that funny but it eez what it eez

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Yeah I made a mistake but I'm not connected with to that or apologize I'm the fucking greatest who else has ever been on this level or category no one I'm also gory that's why story but seriously yeah bad turnover late in the 3rd not my fault obviously the guy who was supposed to take the past at run back for the ball or Puck whenever we're using just say it man honestly you could play a little better for the goat me in that situation and make it so that we don't lose the game but of course not my fault never is never will be never has been don't even have thought of that I mean seriously apologize it's like asking me to practice that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Take your white ass back to 8 miles I'm not here to shit no more good bye interview

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

What I enjoy about the PT team is how much work & time they put into grading, creating & getting stuff done on time. I know how much effort goes into each PT every week. I would have to say my favorite PT's are the ones where I can use the storyline of my player & just make up whatever you want. I also like how they have added the option between two PTs because some weeks it's hard to complete it if you aren't totally invested in the PT for the week. I'd also like to thank Slash for his hard work over the last seasons & for making sure the PTs were started on time & closed at the right time. I used to be a part of the PT team in the SHL & head in PBE so I know how mentally draining it can be at times so thank you!
154 Words

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

I really enjoyed the option of having two different prompts to choose from, and how one of the prompts carried over and made a storyline throughout the season. It was fun to have something connected to talk about for the whole season as opposed to just rambling on about whatever. The history tasks were a lot of fun as well as it gave you insights as to what people thought the best moments around the site were, or what they enjoyed the most about certain seasons, etc. Actually talking about the league was also way more fun than talking about what your player's favourite brand of shampoo is. Obviously not everyone will have enjoyed it as much as I did so having the two options opens up a bit more freedom in what you can write about and that's great. Slash did a great job and I can't wait to see what comes in the future.

156 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS