Create Account

S64 PT #5: Was it All? Was it Nothing?

I guess prompt #2 and honestly the future is pretty unknown. Since we did not make play offs I will talk about the future season and I am unsure how this will honestly go. I am after as many points as possible as next season is my last. I do not know if I am recreating yet. I might just be 1 of those "infamous" j leaguers that is killing the league or just see if Jon forty one gets hall of fame before deciding if I am going to recreate again. I have a good shot with a good career overall so we will see. As for Calgary Dragons I think the rebuild is going to be continuing to go well but just needs time. I am going to be helping them for one final season since they have been good to me and hey maybe they shock the world and sneak into the play offs for 1 final season. It has been a while 3 years as of writing.

[171 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Player Prompt: The Chicago Syndicate had an incredible season sixty four finishing off the year as the president trophy champions with the best record in the SHL over sixty six games with fifty two wins, fourteen loses and zero overtime losses. The Syndicate also lead the league with the fewest goals against with one hundred and fifty five showing that defense can win championships. In terms of Mats Marner’s season he had a career year in points finishing seventh overall in points and first in the league in goals scored with a whopping fifty one which is the second best all time during the FHM era and was ten more then the next best. What is incredible is that Mats Marner accounted for over twenty percent of his teams total goals. Heading into the playoffs as the one seed in the western conference the Chicago Syndicate swept the Winnipeg Aurora in four games and are now waiting to see who there round two opponent will be.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Prompt 2:

Another awful season for my team.  I feel like I'm a bad luck charm because every team I have been on has been bottom or near the bottom of the table.  From Nevada in my debut SMJHL Season to expansion team Regina for the rest of my J career, to my debut SHL Season in Minnesota, it seems I cannot catch a break.  Even in the SSL, my Tokyo team hasn't been challenging for the League title in the last 2 seasons of the league.  I knew coming in that Minnesota wasn't going to be great this season, as it has turned out to be a rebuild year for them, but even us being this bad was a shock to some.  All I can do is pack my bags, go home, and get ready to fly out to Tokyo to play for my football team.  Hopefully next season won't be as grueling for us.

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2022, 12:29 AM by KaleSalad.)

Prompt 1:
Well it was a story that can date back to the same feelings that the North Stars felt in the Great Lakes Division. Being stuck in the toughest division in the SHL is exactly that. Despite having an amazing season the Forge drew in tough against the Buffalo Stampede and unfortunately the season journey ended in the first round. There will be some grizzly vets in Freidland and Scarn who look to move on from the league but overall the core group of this team remains intact and with two rookies that should both be considered rookie of the year candidates there is a bright future for this team. With 2 first round picks in this upcoming draft it would appear that despite another first round exit in the playoffs that the future of the Forge is still bright. It would appear that this season is officially over and there is no words that really describe it better then it was bitter sweet. Now it is time to look into awards and draft moving forward to finish the business we have started here.

WC:183

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Player prompt:

Densiova is going into his third playoffs in his third season as a Newfoundland Berserker, and as back to back reigning champs. He is also going into it after the 4th worst shooting year for a forward in the FHM era of the SMJHL, so his main focus is getting pucks in the net during practice, and making sure he’s in good positions to score during play. He’s had a fairly disappointing season so far so he really wants to turn that around in the playoffs and help the Zerks win their third championship in a row. Denisova really isn’t stressing about anything in the off-season yet, he is thinking about how next season will be his last in the J, and after that he will have to be moved up to the Blizzard, sadly still playing with Al’Thor after Edmonton traded for him, but right now his mind is on the playoffs and trying to improve his shooting from the regular season.

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]

Code:
Written Task:  What's next for you? If you're headed to the playoffs, how is your player getting ready? What do you anticipate in your matchup? Do you have a contract negotiation on the horizon? Is that distracting? If you aren't going to the playoffs... how are you feeling about your team? Do you have an exciting young group of players? Are you excited for the future, or not so much? Do you love the city you play for, or are you hoping to move on? Tell me about it! (150+ words).

End of my rookie season. Not exactly what I was hoping for, only getting 20 points, but the important thing is we are going to the playoffs. It is time for Seattle to make a mark in the postseason. We have a couple rookies playing key roles, namely starting netminder Willie Miller. He will be counted on massively in the postseason. I can only hope that I will be leaned on a bit more in the postseason. I have made some big strides this year, and I am hoping that I can help push the team over the top and make it further than we have before. It is going to be an uphill struggle, will need to make sure we stay focused, get rest and give it everything we have in each game. However, with the will and grit we have, there is a serious determination in the Seattle locker room to go all the way. ARGOS FOREVER!!!

159 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4

[Image: efischermann.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2022, 01:28 AM by taterswc.)

Prompt 2: The Blizzard have made the playoffs but face last year’s second place team the Panthers. It is sure to be a tough series for both teams. Makrus has plenty of experience playing with the Panthers goaltender Olof Karsikko. While their time together in Vancouver was a while ago Makrus still remembers Olof’s one weakness. Anytime Makrus congratulated him his next game was bad. Makrus just needs to make sure to praise Olof and give him compliments throughout the series and they are bound to take a few games. While the rest of the team practices Makrus has his mind elsewhere before the big series. Makrus has been hunting for weeks for a Makrus “The Tater” Jager trading card. He has dedicated his contract money and everything he can spare to hunting that elusive card. If he can pull one before the playoffs start maybe his mind can shift 100% back to the game.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2022, 07:53 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

In the past Dwight would have been very routine with preparing for the playoffs. He would have done normal things like exercise daily, go on nature walks, however Dwight had just purchased a home. Instead of contracting things out to professionals, He needed to do it himself. He always felt like having someone maintain the home cheapened the feeling of being in the house and it being his home. Almost a lessened sense of accomplishment. However, this would begin his demise. While repainting the bedrooms Dwight had forgotten to open up the windows for proper ventilation and he ended up getting addicted to paint thinners. He became a hermit in this time period, rarely leaving his house and spent most of his time passed out. Dwight ended up losing a lot of muscle mass leading up to this playoffs, leading into an underperformance by the Tampa first line Center. His teammates were really concerned when he started drooling and nodding off at team practices.  

[164 words]

Wow, that regular season went by quick! What season are we in again? No, I don't want to read the title of this post. Anyways, Vlastislav Malik did extremely well this season (though he was not as much of a beast for hits, which is something he will try his best to get back to next season) as did NOLA! We've made playoffs! Now, because the SHL, for some incredibly weird reason, is playing divisional playoffs, this means we get stuck up against TEX right in Round 1. Great! All this means is that either we end up wasting our season because we get steamrolled by one of the top teams, though we finished in the top half ourselves OR we beat a top team right off the bat! Either way, Malik will be a big part of it all! Once we finish up our postseason, Malik is still signed for next season and onwards (right?) and very happy to be in NOLA! We've continued to slowly improve and combined with slow efforts to improve parity, we can hopefully climb the ranks and fight for that Cup!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

As the Texas Renegades head into another playoffs after an uncertain yet successful season, Dirty Boots is anxious to get on the ice for his very first taste of playoffs on the SHL. The Renegades lost some important pieces like Burlock Sulfurgold during the season but they managed to continue their winning ways with some solid goaltending and lots of work from their top players like Theo Kondos and Lemo Pihl. If they can maintain their success they'll likely make it past the first round with no issues facing the New Orleans Spectres but they'll be sure to bring it to the first round just as if it were game 7 of the final series as any team can surprise anyone during playoffs. The biggest matchup during the playoffs is the potential of seeing the Chicago Syndicate in the second round as they've have many close games throughout the season and also have plenty of playoff history. I do believe that if The Renegades can get past Chicago, they'll have the proper mindset to make a very deep playoff run.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

This has been a really interesting season for Jarmo, being it's his first season in the SHL that he wasn't in a more offensive role. In Montreal, he was forced to be a top guy because of their lack of depth. But in Texas, he's been limited to a smaller role and has been relied on to kill penalties. So heading into the playoffs, he's really focusing on that and embracing his role. He also has the whole contract thing wrapped up, having just accepted a 3 year, 15 million dollar deal just before game three started yesterday. He's for sure very happy to not have to worry about his future during the playoffs. The future in Texas, will be interesting. Probably the final season that we contend, this is kind of an all or nothing run for us, and the next 2-3 seasons of his deal, Jarmo's excited to hopefully take on a bigger role but will miss all those sweet dubs

163 words

I totally didn’t have to reread my first PT from this season to remember what the hell I pitched to now explain that it was actually a failure…… or was it?

It started off great. Jasper Maximov was on top of the world, being one of the league’s top scorers, as a defenseman. There were talks of him being picked for dman of the year. He pretended to not be concerned about it when in fact it was all he could think about. People don’t like players who boast, after all. Then, the second half of the season happened. And the show really took a turn for drama, because Jasper would often lock himself up in the bathroom to cry about not getting points when his team would destroy their opponents. 10 goals scored in one game? Yeah, good job guys, just gotta go to the bathroom for a couple of minutes... must be those wings I ate. So it turned from a wholesome show about a hockey player finally getting what he thought he deserved to him going back to being average. The drama was entertaining, at least, and the show got good ratings.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

The show focusing on the Atlanta Inferno has been a smash success during the season. Interestingly, the show was carried by some breakout stars while the anticipated superstars, while still relevant, took a bit of a backseat. Evgeni Petrov was known within the Atlanta clubhouse for some time now, but he didn't break out into the full time starting role until this season, and the audience ate up Petrov and his kooky antics - well-suited for a goalie, of course. Perhaps the biggest breakout of the season was Puddles O'Duck, who leapt up in performance this season and should find himself among the nominees for the Stevens Award for best defenseman at the end of the season. O'Duck is quite the character as well, and he probably would be the MVP of the show this season, all told. A third lesser-known talent who captured viewers hearts this season would be Salzberger Lillehammersson, who after a slow start started catching fire in the second half of the season. Lillehammersson grabbing two hat tricks in three games was undoubtedly a viewing highlight of the season. Lillehammersson is quiet and didn't talk much on camera, but his play did the talking.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

PBE Affiliation

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

PLAYER PROMPT

With the season coming to a close, there is nothing really for Adelie to really prepare for. Missing out on the playoff action is nothing new for the little penguin and he knew coming in that Manhattan would take a while to get there. Still it felt a little disappointing to know that the team hadn't shown much improvement or success since the team drafted Adelie all those seasons ago. You have to stat optimistic and look forward though and it is for that reason Adelie can onky look forward to training and preparing for the next season. The best way to help Manhattan is for this little penguin to be in his best shape and to do his personal best to will others to do the same. Who knows? Maybe if some of his friends there in Manhattan see him getting ready, they will join him in training and Manhattan will rebound better than ever. Their playoff dreams won't always be dreams!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]