Create Account

S66 SMJHL PT #2 - Season Preview

The SMJHL season is about to start, after we all got a taste of juniors hockey with preseason. In the 7-game span of preseason, teams got a pretty good look into what to expect, and also who the key contributors are likely to be. How is your team looking ahead of this season, and who are gonna be the main pieces of your squads?
Written option: Talk about how your team is looking ahead of the coming season. Include at least 3 players who will be key to the success of the team, plus an explanation why they will be crucial. Must include 150 words.
Graphic option: Create a magazine cover style graphic with a headline for the team, plus a render for a key player on your team's squad. Make sure to identify which player the render is supposed to be in the graphic.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one, not both.)
Only S66 SMJHL Rookies (S67 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL, WSBL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, July 24th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Preseason was nothing. The Knights are going to be sleepers this seasons. And I cannot wait to see this team in full action. Like I said Preseason was nothing, there is no trophy, barely any celebrations, it's just a little sneak peak, a teaser if you will, and now that our team has had time to get some chemistry flowing, look out. 

MY TOP 3 
COMING IN AT NUMERO UNO, RIKKERT BIEMANS!!! Kids going places I tell ya. Max earner right here, First liner no doubt. Gonna be an absolute menace to society out there, Like I don't even want to be on the ice at the same time as this guy... gives me nightmares. Kid can bury the puck and make it look nice while doing it, Definitely top contributor for the knights.

ANDD AT NUMERO DEUX, I CALL EM BWJ! BEN WATERS JUNIOR! Let me be the first to tell ya, this guy moves the puck and makes big time plays. Scores and gets the apples. Call this guy the point monster cause he's out here racking it up! Definitely happy to be on his team cause I wouldn't want to be against em I'll tell ya that for free. 

And not to toot my own horn but I'm putting myself as NUMERO TROIS!!! Why? Because I can and I truly believe that once I really get going, it's gonna be a sight to see. Preseason was just the beginning for the hammer, I want nothing but perfection and wont stop till it happens. The last 2 guys I just named, I want them to have the puck at all costs, they're a couple of beauty's and I want to see them succeed! If I can get on the same line as one of them It's gonna be terrifying! Jacques just wants to bury the puck y'know? And win at any cost. 

If I were to pick someone besides myself?  I'm picking Tim Coke. Newbie just like myself, and I think he's a good fit for this team, Kids getting apples out there like a damn orchard. Another guy I'm happy to have as a team mate! And Cant wait to see what he does out there!

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Coming out of the preseason, the Maine Timber were relatively pleased with a mark of 4-1-2, good for a .714 winning percentage. With just a single regulation loss, all indications bode well as we now turn to the start of the regular campaign. Among those scorching up the ice, are:

1) LW Gaunther DeBrusk: | GP 7 | G 4 | A 7 | PT 11 | +/- 4 |

@linsangeles is a big strong Latvian who tips the scales at 6'2" 207. When he's not busy racking up points, Gaunther can also be seen taking care of business in his own end, courtesy of his strong two-way game. A right handed shot who plays the left wing, DeBrusk has a good sense of where to position himself for a quick one-timer! All in all, Gaunther's a real up-and-comer who's likely to leave a lasting impression on the league!

2) C Mando Lorian:  | GP 7 | G 5 | A 5 | PT 10 | +/- 5 |

@RomanceBrownJr is a powerful center who specializes in screening goaltenders and winning key faceoffs in both ends of the ice. Hailing from Vienna Austria, Mando's a true 200 foot player who can check you into the ice or just as easily rattle your teeth with a big hit. Perhaps best described as solid in every facet of the game, Lorian is one of those rare players that every coach loves to have!

3) LW Gravy Train | GP 7 | G 5 | A 3 | PT 8 | +/- 2 |

Another Latvian, @Gr4vy is a great playmaker who's equally adept at winning board battles for loose pucks or testing goaltenders with his accurate shot. The Train is very well rounded in his abilities and does not shy away from using his 200 pound frame to separate opposing players from the puck. Another excellent addition to the Timber roster, Gravy Train has everything it takes to be a great on-ice leader this coming season!

(There was actually a tie for third between Gravy Train and some kid named Daniel Swift - so I'll include him here).

4) RW Daniel Swift | GP 7 | G 4 | A 4 | PT 8 | +/- 1 |

Not bad for a rook. Other than that, don't know much about @jumpSeat ! Tongue

Quote:380 Words

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2022, 09:36 AM by CrazyMojito. Edited 3 times in total.)

It's been a few seasons since i've been on a team where is this much buzz and excitement about what's to come. Quebec is in it to win it this season and being the team with the most TPE and consistent success we have to be one of the 4 Star Cup favourites. Of course no trip to the finals comes without hard work where there are always players that need to step up and lead the way. There is no shortage of capable players on this QCC team but here arethree that I expect to lead the way:

G- Justin TIme
The S65 Goalie of the year, Going to need a repeat performance from this man if the Citadelles want to be in contention. Justin gives this team the confidence to focus on their attack knowing that he will be there to bail the skaters out when needed.

D - Nikolai Skovgaard
Its the sophomore season for the reigning Esa Anrikkanen Trophy recipient as the leagues best rookie from S65. Skovgaard had an incredible rookie season on the blueline and will look to build on that success. With the potential of being paired with S66 rookie Nevek Kove, Skovgaard might be taking on a mentor role.

F - Sophie Bordeleau
After a fantastic rookie season Bordeleau followed it up with a very successful sophomore campaign, but to her it wasn't enough. Look for her to be extra motivated this season and lead the team on and off the ice, If she can get rolling, look out rest of the league!

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: VYmu5pb.png]

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

The Armada had a fairly decent preseason so I'm hoping for a good league showing this season. Alot will depend on the goaltending of Ted Lindsay who had stellar preseason numbers. He went 5 and 2 with a 2.26 GAA and a .921 save percentage. If he can continue this pace during the season I firly believe the Armada have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs this upcoming season. Luka Magic will be another key for the Armada this season. The preseason points leader for the team with 12 points in 7 games, he should anchor what looks to be a much improved offense this season. He's shooting 26.7% so that's bouns to come down some but hopefully he can sustain a good scoring clip through the entire season. And finally the leader of the defense, Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II who had 5 points in 7 preseason games and 15 blocks leads the group on the back end. The defense will need to help out Lindsay and if they can do this I see bright things for the Armada this season.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

SSL Graphic Submission

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Pt Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

I believe our team in Carolina is going to be a decent one. We have a pretty young team, with only 6 players currently over 300 TPE. That being said, I think the team had a fantastic draft and brought in a lot of activity, so I definitely expect us to only continue getting better. I haven’t followed the SMJHL in a while, but looking a little at the preseason, I do believe it was pretty representative of what I would expect this season, which is having us sitting somewhere in the middle of the pack of the league.

When it comes to the important players on the team, I think it’s obvious that it has to be Aleksi Kettu, Pass Forfeit and BASE PACK. These three are our best players, and they also just so happen to play different positions. Therefore, we know we have a solid foundation in goal, on the blueline and up front on offense. We will lean on them to win games, but I am going to be more than happy to jump in and help our team produce when needed.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

The Vancouver Whalers are coming into this season without a lot of pressure or huge expectations. Though they may be in a position to pleasantly surprise fans along with even themselves. A fairly young team, which struggled heavily last season is improving every week. A lot of positive voices in the room make sure that everyone is also enjoying themselves. The hope being that positivity in the room will lead to the same thing on the ice. Though the team isn't expected to contend just yet, there are some pieces of the team that are necessary if the team is going to have success this season. B Jobin is the most important player on the team. Standing guard of the net, he hopes that his third season will be his strongest one yet as he puts forth enough effort in his offseason training to make significant leaps athletically. Edge Rocks is a player who is going to have to punch above his weight class. His second full season starting, he is thrown into a top line scoring role. If he can keep up with the veterans of the league, Vancouver's top line will be an effective one. Center depth is something the team was lacking going into the draft, but with Meta Knight, they believe they may have found a huge piece moving forward. Another player who will need to go above and beyond in his rookie season if the team wants to swim. Rookies such as Gaston LeGume and Nichael Fitted will be expected to pitch and and provide decent depth. Antonio Flusso and Sven Panda have been brought in to shore up the right side on defense, providing offensive support and physicality, respectively.

The established players on this team are still young, everyone will need to pitch in what they can as they use this season to develop into what they hope to be a very strong team in the next couple seasons.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Coming off an outstanding Four Star Cup Championship in Season 65, the Detroit Falcons will look to the likes of C Jobin, Julian Flörsch, and Bohdan Jarovsky to have just as impressive play in Season 66.

The Falcons are looking competitive heading into this season with the pickup of newcomer Bohdan Jarovsky. The center from Czechia, is a strong player than can really handle the puck up the middle of the ice.

C Jobin is a right-handed center coming from “Down Under”. Standing at 6’ 3” tall, Jobin is a unit at both ends of the ice with 14 checking, stick checking, and puck handling. 

Julian Flörsch is a dependable Swiss defenseman that always looks to make a play on and off the puck. This is aided by 14 offensive and defensive read. Always on the bike in the team room, Flörsch, boasts a 14 in balance, stamina, and strength.

[Image: 2KXWbXN.png]

This season is still a rebuilding season for the Grizzlies, I feel like we have created a good core of players to build around, but how this season goes and how the future goes are entirely up to how the players themselves put in the work.

My first player is Alvin Towne, he’s the starting goalie and he is going to have a TON of net time  this season. Last season he showed up real well, and it definitely looks like management has a franchise goaltender in Alvin. If the Grizzlies are going to go above expectations, he’s going to have to stand on his head.

My second player is Manny Calavera, who had an alright rookie season, but he is looking to break out in a big way. With top line minutes, Manny is going to need to produce in his slot for the team to soar above expectations.

As much as I want to put me last on this list, I chose a different rookie, and that’s Terry Laviathan. He is getting top line center minutes right off the draw, and on a team with weak center depth, he is arguably the most important piece of this Grizzlies rebuild. Can he be the 1C of the future? I think he can, and this season he will have to show what he’s got.

Grizzlies

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2022, 07:22 PM by austin623. Edited 1 time in total.)

Regina is looking to be a pretty strong force coming out of this preseason. The Elk will be looking to improve off their just sub .500 showing from last season with a good number of returning players as well as a new young core of defensemen. Let's take a look at some names that will need to step up:

Teodors Skalbergs - The youngest forward on this list, Skalbergs has scored 5 points in 7 preseason games for the Elk. He has much improved himself from his rookie season where he finished with 23 points in 66 games. Look for him to be an absolute menace on offense this season.

David-Arturri Donskoi - Finished last season with a team leading 60 points. Just needs to at least do more of the same as himself and his team keeps improving over the season.

M'Baku Olubori - A large physical presence on the ice, Olubori has slowly worked on his offensive game. He scored a team leading 6 goals in the preseason and if he carries over even a bit of what he has shown it will help the team greatly as the team was not one of the best when it came to scoring last season.

The New Dmen (Hodor, Brendan Laroux, Johan Nørgaard, Rod Cocker) - This list would not be complete without mentioning the haul of dmen taken with Regina's first 4 picks of the draft. These guys will need to just steadily train and get better over the course of the season and beyond. This group could absolutely end up being one of the best in the league given some time.

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png]  [Image: zmWhIQu.png]

I believe that myself, Daniel Swift and Perry Theplatypus will be keys to this season.

The two rookies will make a huge impact on the first two lines. They are currently being played split to allow their skills to shine. On the first line, they are playing a stronger power forward line to allow Swift and his other line mates to tire out teams top lines and hurt their long term effect on the game as they tired out. The second line is led by rookie Winger Meowski who is looking to take the Maine Timber scoring to the next level. Meowski was recently seen working on his speed as the coach was pressing their line to force turnover and get open in open ice to score. Although not the same size as swift, he is able to lift the same as him in the weight room. Theplaytpus's role on the team is leadership. As one of the few multi season veterans, their job is to lead the team. Their goal is to be the smartest player on the ice and distribute the puck for scoring opportunities. With Swift and Meowski, they hope to capitalize on that passing ability.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

I didn't have a good sense for where the Whalers would be at. My previous player went IA at about 350, but we weren't really winning anything when i came to check up on him. Things can change fast in the J and if the pre-season is to be believed, we may have a pretty good team this season. I am unfamiliar with the roster, but a cursory look tells me that Edge Rocks and Aleksandr Iskandrov will be big players for us, with a whopping 10 points a piece in 3 games. Miroslav Ketil is a big defenseman for us as well, it seems. With 26 minutes a night including power play and penalty kill, he plays all situations and potted himself 5 points in 3 games, as well as 3 take-aways. Our team seems situated to hit a lot, with more than a few players already nearing double digits in 3 games. finally, we cant leave out leading scorer Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]