Create Account

S66 PT #2: Freaky Friday

Player Prompt

If Cob could choose a profession other than hockey player, it would be an author. His book is, in fact, already in the works. "Cob Corning: From Corn Man to Cornerback and Back (And Back Again)" will be on shelves in time to celebrate the next harvest season. Half history book and half autobiography, this book partly talks about the history of Corn People but mostly talks about the history of Cob Corning. This books starts with his time raised in the Cornfields of Ohio to becoming a DSFL cornerback, then coming back home to spend time with his Corn Family, and then going back to being a cornerback again in the ISFL, and then coming back to his family again, and then joining the SMJHL to play hockey professionally. Football and hockey are two of the USA's most popular sports, and corn is the USA's 2nd most popular export, and this book is a fusion of the two. We fully expect this book to be released to critical acclaim and to be perpetually sold out. Reserve your copy today for $49.99. All proceeds go directly toward the Cornfield Restoration and Acquisition Project.

PT Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

PLAYER PROMPT 

If Sir Devoir was gonna have a job that does not involve hockey, he would have chosen to be an MMA fighter. He actually knows a lot of mna disciplines like judo and kickboxing and is fluent in human language and acts human enough to be allowed in most gyms. In this life, he would start out in small amateur fights and various "special fights" that pits a willing fighting pokemon vs an MMA fighter before finally being then seriously enough to be taken in by a major MMA gym. It would be on this gym that Devoir would learn how to refine his fighting ability and learn dome submissions.

Eventually he would have actually win a few middleweight titles before being signed to the UFC, where he would become a household name after he knocks out the middleweight champion to take the belt, which he would defend against all comers who were worthy. He would eventually be submitted in a fight to lose it, but would win it three more times before eventually retiring.

[Image: Darby-Reznor-black-and-white-sig.jpg]
[Image: Darby-Reznor-MET-sig.jpg]

[Image: hJoisZm.png]

Cillian Kavanagh, sewer cleaner.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Code:
If your player could choose any job outside of being an SHL player, what would it be and why? Simulated doctor? Simulated European truck driver? What other talents or passions does your player have that they want to explore? What does this life look like? Is it super different? Or do you end up rich and famous anyway?

Before Strom was drafted to the SMJHL and was playing in beer leagues around St. Louis he worked as a network technician for AT&T, which has a major distribution and office center in downtown.  However, if he was able to choose anything that he would want outside of hockey, or even network related work (I mean, DSL is going by the wayside now with more fiber optics every day right?) would probably be a wildlife photographer.  Not just to the point of being able to sell his own branded calendar every year, but really get out there for publications like National Geographic.  Traveling the world on assignment to capture things as simple (that we often take for granted) as whitetail deer, to the elephants and lions of the African desert.  So much of the world to explore and capture to share with, well, the world.  The added bonus of that, is being able to experience all of the different cultures of the world that he would travel through...and maybe introduce hockey to.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

I chose the player prompt

Kaapo loves his dogs, so it is not surprising to know what he'd be a professional dog breeder if he wasn't playing hockey. All his dogs would be world-renowned for being healthy and simply adorable. In addition to his litter of pups, he'd also rescue stray dogs in his native Finland and give them all the care they need before trying to find a new forever home with a loving family or single people who want to adopt a pet and give them all the love that they can. I think Kaapo would still be famous, but only in his native Finland and wouldn't necessarily known in the Unted States or Canada. He'd have his own TV show where they'd film the pups and document the recovery of stray dogs so people at home can adopt the one they like the most. He'd be a feel good show and nothing that would win awards, but it would be enough to get Kaapo some notoriety.

164 words

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

PBE Affiliate Link

Hockey prompt

As a big fan of the analytical approach to the game, Justin Time would thrive in a coaching position, something he is already pursuing in Quebec as he prepares for the end of his career in the SMJHL. Time values the importance of a strong offense and a high scoring team, but as a goaltender, he knows that it often comes at the cost of defensive performance. Hoping to spare future goalies some of the pain he has experienced after bad turnovers and breakaways, he'll make it his mission to build a team strategy that can turn a stifling defensive presence into a quick counterattack, which will rely on both forwards and defensemen understanding both sides of the ice. If given the chance he'll force players to experience playing out of their natural positions to see the value in what their teammates and opponents do, including putting every rookie on his team in goalie pads for at least one scrimmage in training camp, so that they can understand what the game looks like from the position of the player they're trying to score on or defend.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Written Task: If your player could choose any job outside of being an SHL player, what would it be and why? Simulated doctor? Simulated European truck driver? What other talents or passions does your player have that they want to explore? What does this life look like? Is it super different? Or do you end up rich and famous anyway? (150+ words)

This is actually rather bittersweet for Shiny Shuckle. Considering that he's in the SHLverse due to a freak accident with a Team Rocket portal device, his alternative universe is, well... Home. Johto. It's like he never left. The Colorado Raptors melt away to a relatively good dream (for all that it began as a nightmare) as he settles back into his routine as a Trainer's beloved Pokemon. He goes back to battles, contests, and exploring. He relishes tasting Oran and Sitrus berries again. On some nights, he does miss Colorado and Winnipeg. He sometimes picks up a stick and props into a goalie stance, to remind himself that it was real. The biggest thing he misses is his prosthetic hands. Not being able to be understood after working so hard on it with his Raptor teammates is frustrating. But, it is great to be home again.

When the Freaky Friday is reversed, he's glad to see everyone again, but he does wonder if maybe there's a way to go home after all...

(172 Words)

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

PLAYER PROMPT

If Lias was not a professional hockey player, he would probably be running a sandwich shop empire. He grew up working his summers in his moms' sandwich shop back in Visby, and he got really good at coming up with creative marketing ideas. They recently opened a second location on the mainland with the help of some investment money funded by Lias's SHL contract, but if he wasn't an SHL player he would probably be working twice as hard at the sandwich stuff so he could afford to expand the Sandwich Shop empire. The sandwich shop is actually called L&F, which Lias's moms will tell you stands for "Love & Fruit" because they specialize in making sandwiches with those two things are the primary ingredients (they have a large assortment of sandwiches with strange pairings of cheese and fruits/jams that you wouldn't expect to go together), but L&F also happen to be the initials of their children, Lias and his sister Freja, so it's a double meaning kind of thing and Lias would probably stick with that as he tried to grow their brand globally.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Player Prompt:

Videl Valor has forgotten how to play hockey after getting knocked out cold by a stray puck. Videl has decided to dedicate her life to be a doctor/nurse. The first thing she does is take care of those who cannot take care of themselves, and treat them with respect and care. Videl specifically cares for those who have a history of cancer and also cares and treats foot and ankle issues too. Her personal favorite illness to treat is Gout, in which she had herself because of how many drinks she had after learning that she could not play hockey any more. Videl’s breakthrough medicine is meant to treat and restore joint damaged by osteoporosis, and helps extend the livelihood of the elderly, and it makes it easier for them to move around. Her biggest breakthrough is the creation of a vaccine for those suffering from Depression/Anxiety symptoms to permanently not have symptoms. (156 words)

[Image: euPeo5t.png]
[Image: 7361srC.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 12:00 PM by gordieboom. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player prompt

Hi all, we are back with another point task! If i could choose any job outside my playing career as a goalie in the SHL/SMJHL it would definately be a programmer. I always liked playing with computers and have messed around with programming in my free time in the past. Hence i have built up some knowledge about various programming languages, like Java, Javascript, Prolog, C++, PHP, etc. If i could get paid for designing and programming a piece of software than that would be awesome. I can live with the money i currently get from my SHL team, but anything extra is a nice bonus. I also think the job is a perfect match with my current career as a goalie. Luckily we do have some spare time, but during that time it is not wise to do anything physical, but programming is not a physical job, so that is fitting. I already know a good assignment. It would be funny creating a simulation league that is simulating a simulation league.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 12:44 PM by KaleSalad.)

Player Prompt:

Well if you haven’t seen his commercials Nathan has some acting skills! In fact despite being a fantastic hockey player growing up Nathan was staring in his local theater performances. He has some raw skills but when his hockey career took off this became a secondary project. Even during the offseason Nathan uses the connections he made in San Fran to try and get some cameos on movies and shows. If Nathan never became the hockey player he is today then we would likely have seen him make a run as an actor. Being that he is a physically built guy Nathan would likely be staring in the summer blockbuster action movies that we all love. This would likely give Nathan some rich and famous lifestyle. Though he isn’t really one for the spotlight I am sure if he made it big on the movie scene he would get used to the paparazzi’s following him around and being on the cover of magazines. In the end he would likely live a similar life to what he has now.

WC:178

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran,