Create Account

S67 PT #3: It Wasn't Me Due: October 9th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

In that specific situation, I think my big mouth ends up taking over me and I end up giving the ref a mouthful. I know there are family and kids in the stands, but what I will tell that ref is not Rated E for everyone, and I really hope that the ref does not open up his mic to make everyone at home hear as well, even though for how loud I am screaming, it would make it to everyones living room anyways. I have always been a type of person that faces the music even though sometimes you might not like to hear. As much as I have respect for the refs and what they do and being one of the reasons why we can all enjoy a hockey game on TV or playing it, sometimes they need to understand that they made a big mistake. Especially since Referees tend to carry themselves as Gods greatest gift the earth has ever seen.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Hockey should continue to strive to ensure the most accuracy when it comes to making calls, despite it not being one of its biggest problems. They should employ methods from other sports such as goal line technology on when a puck crosses the line, similar to the technology deployed in Soccer.

On top of this, more manual off-ice review should be taken place during the game. For things like off-sides that have no impact on if a goal was scored or not it shouldn’t be used but for things such as penalties it would be worthwhile to have an off-ice official to ensure things don’t get missed due to angles and on-ice obstruction.

Otherwise once appropriate measures are in places, teams and fans will have to learn to live with the occasional inaccurate call, especially if it’s close. Things like major penalties or glaring issues should be rectified at this point, but extremely tight calls can always go either direction.

Regardless, consistency is needed when it comes to things like goaltender interference. It’s hard to enforce the rules when the league itself doesn’t even know what they are.

Code:
188 Words

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Well nibbles is definitely going to finish the play. He does not care about the whistle being blown in this instance and is going to deliver a top shelf shot that beats the goalie. Now of course this is going to result in more penalties and maybe a fight but, Nibbles does not care.

"You are going to see just how wrong you got that in a second..." Nibbles says to the ref as he braces for the impending fight. The teams go after each other and the refs struggles to regain control. Nibbles is a younger player and barely has any relationship with any of the refs but, he does not care. He is not going to back down from this one. He braces for the game misconduct he knows he is going to get so he just starts punching any opposing player that comes up. The victory for this is not how nibbles handled the situation but, it will be how silly the refs will look after the fact.

Code:
171 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

This prompt doesn't really work for me because I am a goalie but if I were a skater on the verge of a big breakaway and I got called for a penalty that wasn't my fault because he tripped on his own feet I'd be really pissed because like what the hell man that's my opportunity to succeed that you're snatching away ref I would definitely be a hothead screaming and shouting and yelling at the ref for sewering me in such a grotesque and classless way like do you not like seeing sick goals man what is wrong with you? Okay I realize now there was a goalie section of the prompt so to answer that I'd probably just be very kind and friendly I'm not one to be a hothead or scream and I think the ref would be more partial to helping me out with all the chops I get after the whistle if I'm kind and respectful at the end of the day refs are human too its not like they want to snatch away my opportunity to succeed or something you know?

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Hockey one:

Overall reviews in the National Hockey League are overall okay I guess. Sometimes it does feel like over the top and just ruins the flow of the game which is kind of poopy. I do find the offside review stuff to be a bit annoying though as they sometimes end up reviewing something that you can barely tell whether it was offside or not and it ends up being a like five minute review. Blatant offside reviews obviously make sense, but when it gets down to it, if the review takes more than a minute than the call on the ice should probably just stand cause waiting around forever is just silly, although getting the right call is always a good argument. It is kind of of hard to make everyone happy, but it would be nice for the reviews to not take forever and feel like your sitting there for 10 minutes waiting for them to decide what the call is. If it is not obvious than just leave whenever the call was on the ice in my opinion.

180 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2022, 08:02 PM by Jepox.)

first prompt player one

Pablo Salvatici of the Atlanta Inferno is a very respectful and kind player on the ice who absolutely respects officials and never gets mad at them. Sike he hates them and is extremely mad all the time. In his last game he had a clear breakaway after the defender tripped over his own feet like a clumsy fool and the ref called Pablo for tripping and he talked to him like this.

"Are you ****ing kidding me ref there's no way that's a ****ing tripping! No I didn't ****ing take his feet out from under him are you ****ing blind? You're only calling this because it's against me aren't you? Trying to keep me down and keep my point total low huh? If this was ****ing Binko you wouldn't call this! Yeah you know what go **** yourself bud. Oh yeah add another unsportsmanlike on there too why not? Big man huh? Yeah bet your kids tell their friends you're a dentist or some **** huh? Yeah go blow yourself"

Safe to say Pablo did in fact get an unsportsmanlike this game and will probably continue to get more as he landed himself on the ref's shit list the moment he entered the league.

@goldenglutes

[Image: Jepox.gif]

eel: hey ref what the fuck that's a bullshit call and you know it!
ref: i saw what i saw get your ass in the box
eel: fuck you bro you couldn't see anything from that angle
ref: what do you know about angles bitch your whole body is just a line
eel: you can't call me bitch i'm a player i'm gonna report you to the commissioner want to bee finn
ref: finn? I've known that kid since he was in diapers he can't do shit to me
eel: i'll do shit to you come find me after the game i'll suck you off
ref: :blasttfw:

eel proceeds to head to the penalty box and sulks. he comes back onto the ice and slithers around a bit until he fires a wicked wrist shot from the point that rips past the Maine goalie and into the net. he eels around the ref several times while doing a weird little dance

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

PBE - Laser

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Affiliate PT

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

PT PASS

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2022, 11:54 PM by Evok.)

[Image: orTOb8q.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Code:
HOCKEY PROMPT- Want to give me your opinion on a hockey related matter again? This is the prompt for you!

Written Task:  How do you feel about video review in hockey right now? Do long reviews annoy you? Do you think missed calls are just part of the game, or would you want to strive for maximum accuracy? What kind of calls are OK to miss from time to time and what kind of calls need to be as accurate as possible? In a similar vein would you like to see things like goal calls and offsides automated? Should a camera be used to make those calls automatically rather than relying on the ref's human eye? Tell me where you stand on all this kind of stuff! (150+ words)

While missed calls are part of every sport, with the technology we have now means it should almost never happen. I would prefer the game to be called correctly, instead of being made to go faster just so the viewer is happy. It is almost impossible to enjoy hockey, or any sport for that matter, when there are such obvious missed calls. I understand human error and that the game is extremely fast, but that is why there are cameras almost everywhere. I would not be opposed to somehow using the technology used in soccer to determine if the ball completely crossed the line in hockey as well. I understand the cost of each puck would go up, but can you really put a price on a game being called correctly. Would Calgary have won the cup against Tampa if that was used in hockey? We will never know, but that doesn’t have to be the case going forward. The technology exists, just have to go out and use it.

170 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

As a referee myself (albeit in a league that has no video review, as installing camera's in our arenas is deemed to expensive. Also, we had cameras over the nets for a season or two, but clubs and rinks failed to properly maintain them), I don't necessarily think there's something wrong with our current video review situation in the top (IIHF, I have zero ideas abouthow video review works in the NHL) leagues. While minor missed calls are a part of the game, the video review and coaches challenge makes it less likely to have these mistakes turn into game-deciding factors. Top leagues also use it for supplementary discipline reasons, which is great, as this way we can take the real idiots out of the game and keep the sport safe and clean.

One issue with the current system however, are the situations in which even the video is inconclusive. However, without adding even more cameras and angles that's a preoblem we're just going to have to live with.

Long break for video reviews can not be called a problem as long as we allow commercial parties to force TV Time-outs on us.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Player prompt
"What the hell are you doing, Steve?!" I scream at the ref as I skate over. "That was a blatant trip and you call it on me?
The ref looks unphased by my outburst. "I saw you stick your leg out and trip the defender," he says calmly. "And never call me Steve again while I'm doing my job", he adds in a more severe tone.
"Are you kidding me?!" I can feel the anger boiling inside of me. "That was a lucky bounce, there's no way I could have known that was going to happen!"
"It doesn't matter," the ref says. "The penalty stands. You'll have to serve it."
"Greet Cathy from me, Steve! I hope she's doing fine, as being married to a bonehead like you must be hard."
I skate off to the penalty box, fuming. I can't believe this is happening. I didn't do anything wrong and now I'm going to have to sit in the box for two minutes. I can hear the crowd booing as I sit down, and all I can do is hang my head in frustration. At least I got him upset with the last sentence and was off to the box right away.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Video reviews are out of control. They are way too time consuming and they slow down the pace and flow of the game. Any momentum that was gained by either team at that point of the competition, it completely ruined. Human error from referees should be part of the game. Some calls go your, and some don't. If video review can take less than 15 seconds, I am all for it. If you can have people in the booth scouring the footage quickly enough that the game is not affected at all by a time stoppage, then I may think differently. But this system is a joke. Let the players play. If a player gets away with something, it is part of the game. If the ref doesn't see it, it is part of the game. 95 times out of 100 the referees calls do not determine the game. So suck it up, put on your grown up clothes, and deal with it.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]