Create Account

S68 PT #3: Celebrate Good Times Due: December 11th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

ISFL Affiliate Claim

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Hockey Prompt

I think the NHL has a decent mix of celebration amongst it's players when it is either a big goal or big moment.  One thing I love about the NHL is that it seems like every single celebration is a team celebration.  A goal is scored and instantly the goal scorer is looking at his teammates and celebrating with them.  Or on the bench, players are giving each other props for moving closer to their goal of winning the game or the series, etc.  I am not a major fan of other sports where it seems like the player celebrating is often making the entire situation all about themselves, completely ignoring the other players that made it possible for them to achieve that "greatness".

I think if you asked any of the best players in the NHL, they would acknowledge that their only as good as their line or team, and I think that is a fantastic identity to have and operate as one unit.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Post-game celebrations are all about fun and excitement. Long gone are the days of fireworks, what we bring to the party is next level. We do slushie slip and slide, using alcoholic beverages, crushed ice, and fruit juice. We let all of the fans on the ice to partake in the festivities. We have a dunk tank full of the same beverages and fans and players alike try to get a wrist shot to hit the target, causing the losing goalie to be dropped into the tank. This doesn't sound like too much of a punishment, but trust me, after a few times being submerged, you are begging to get out of there. Also, the radio and TV broadcast teams do contests with fans for prizes. In the past, they have done pin the tail of the right winger, ring around the center, and musical slap shots. Eventually, there is so much fun going on that its hard to corral everyone out of the arena. But we love it.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

For Atlanta, they do have a post game celebration that's been going on for a while. They play a portion of the song "I Like the Way You Move" by Outkast after every goal, so at the end of each victory the play the entire song. Most people sing along and dance with it, but something unique happened a few season ago. In an online forum, there was a typo made after the goal song started playing once in which a user posted "I like the way you moo". Usually typos are an afterthought and everyone knows what was meant in the original post. However, this one gained legs pretty quickly. It's a funny typo and people started dressing up like cows and mooing after goals and after victories. It's very fun to be in the stadium with everyone dressed up like they're going go Chic Fil A on free chicken day. So for those of you wondering how a cow has anything to do with Atlanta or a Fire Bird, that is how.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

HOCKEY PROMPT:

In general, when it comes to sports and scoring in sports in general, including hockey, I love to see some celebration and some flair from the goal scorer or touchdown getter or home run hitter or whoever it may be. Whether it be the SHL or NHL or NFL or hell, even professional bowling, I like to see the flair come out sometimes.

Now, that being said, I think there is certainly a time and place to be celebrating. I think if you are down by a lot and score or up by a lot and score, it is probably best to not be celebrating either because it does not matter or to be more respectful. If you make a big play or score a big goal or in a goalie's case, make a big time save, I think it is 100% fine to celebrate in some fashion. I don't know the exact rules about celebrating in hockey but it is not like it is easy to do or anything like that and usually you just see the arms raise or fist pumps but would love to see more.

If I am scoring a goal or making a huge clutch save, I am getting my dance on or something, give it a little groove. I think it is hard for team based celebrations or anything of that like but individual stuff would be fine and give a little flair for the fans. A goal scoring dance, a touchdown dance, a home run bat flip, a finger gun after bowling a strike, or something is always fun to see as long as it stays at a respectful level and everything. I would love to see more of this in hockey.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

I think it’s important to allow players to really celebrate a good win. It’s good for the players, s good release of pent up energy for them and they know they get to do it so it’s another incentive. It’s good for the fans, it fires them up, and as if the awesome hockey wasn’t enough, it makes paying for your ticket less galling, as you know you’ll get a show if your team wins!

Obviously, the celly after a win would have to encompass the Team identity and also the local area. For the Argonauts theme, there obviously can’t be any sword fighting etc, so maybe some kind of battle chant, involving banging sticks on the ice, either led by Captain Pod or whoever is voted MVP. And then the after-celly can be soundtracked by some of the best music to come out if Seattle. It’s the birthplace of grunge, so a bit of Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, AIC, some Mudhoney, splash of Nirvana…

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

In order to celebrate a win, the Toronto North Stars will be firing star shell fireworks at the audience. Directly towards them. These star shells will give the audience members they hit special powers much like a Mario star, after which they can go out on the street to use to beat up bad guys using the transferred energy from the hockey players. There might be side effects consisting of burns, dizziness, blurry vision, hot flashes, bowel leakage, and elevated heart rate. Please see your physicians for further details. The organization is not responsible for any injuries or deaths caused by overzealous attempts to enact vigilante justice using temporarily transferred hockey powers. No statement of responsibility can be attributed to this statement made by the promoters of the event.

On second thought this would probably end up in a horrible way, so the arena staff will just be handing out sparklers that also carry a fire risk but a much lower risk of injury and death overall.

[Image: image.png]

Celebration are a thing you go with the flow for. I don't necessarily think going overboard every once in awhile is a bad thing. Hockey is a game of emotions. Some of the greatest moments are celebrations. Patrick Kane going down the ice with his famous hand celebration winning the cup in OT comes to mind. Any time PK pulled out the bow and arrow, Kuznetsov with the hawk. I believe it's simply in natures course for players to just go with it. While most are tame I don't see a problem with some over the top celebrations just when you have your heart on your sleeve and you make an incredible play. I know a lot of the time players just go celebrate with their teammates in a formal group good job, and it's also a traditional way of doing it, but spicing it up from time to time is never a bad thing.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

ISFL Affiliate - https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid649875

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Hockey Prompt – Written Task – 156 Words
Celebrations in hockey are fun. As John Tortarella said, the NHL is now in a “young and dumb league.” I am not quite as abrasive as Tortorella, so I’ll read between the lines for him. Hockey has so much young talent that is effective and having a great time while being effective. Look at the EA NHL group selecting Trevor Zegras as the cover athlete. He hit the Michigan and did that crazy over-the-net pass to Sonny Milano, and they celebrated immediately after like crazy. Goal scoring is exciting and should be celebrated, especially when it’s done in an incredibly creative and skilled way. It doesn’t need to be limited to offensive celebrations either. After a Boston Bruins win, the two goaltenders, Linus Ullmark and Jeremy Swayman, do the “goalie hug”. It’s become a tradition that is so well-liked in Boston that fans will wait after the game to see the hug before departing their seats.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

CREATIVE PROMPT

I'd imagine that after every Carolina Kraken win we'd get two random fans out of the stands and have them speed eat as much grilled octopus as they possibly could. Whoever wins gets free tickets to the next game and gets to choose (while blindfolded) another 2 seats who get free tickets to the next home game. While they do that, I imagine the players do something like like skating towards both ends of the ice and hitting the boards, almost like a surge (lol). We could also add something to our goal horn that sounds like a Kraken and have this song play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxptIpCYAJA. And another thing, if you stay long enough, we spray the entire crowd with water, the idea being that it can help the staff wipe down the seats (even though it definitely doesn't). Somewhere in there throw in a few fireworks, buy sticks for the players to toss in the crows and some pucks and it'll be a pretty hype ending to a win.

[Image: zFE0mSA.png]      [Image: HKi05IH.png]     [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

Celebrations in hockey, like in baseball, are a very interesting and unique thing.  It is always fun when someone excessively celebrates and the other team loses their mind, starting a fight or trying to "pay retribution" to the player.  While I think that these displays of poor sportsmanship after losing (or getting beaten on a play) are unnecessary, they do create an element of drama.  At times, fancy celebrations can be appropriate, especially in huge moments or after big accomplishments.  I've always been more of a low key celebration guy, but showing emotion can be really good for the game as a whole in this way.  I can also think of countless funny moments that happened after celebrations - Dale Hunter checking a player from the Islanders after a big goal, Ovi's hot stick celebration, and the countless dog piles after overtime goals.  Controversial or not, these celebrations should remain, and players should be allowed to have the freedom to express themselves differently in this way.

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

Hockey prompt

I think celebrations are fine, you get a chance to see a players personality. It can be overboard and disrespectful though however. Recall Crosby refusing to shake Lidstrom's hand when the Penguins beat the Wings. Too busy celebrating to engage in a respected tradition in the league. That's where it goes to far. But I always liked Ovechkins goal celebrations. Always remember Darren McCarty running down the ice on his skates after scoring an overtime playoff game winner. And it's kind of cool to see what kind of creative stuff players can come up with. Again not sure I'm a fan of an entire team scripted celebration, those kind of bug me as well. But a spontaneous outburst of joy should not be curtailed, it also helps get the fans into the game as well as your teammates. So I guess I'm saying there's a fine line to it but I'm not against celebrations per se as long as it's respectfully done.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

I don't really understand why people get so upset about enthusiastic goal celebrations. As long as the player isn't totally harping on another player or the other team in super unsportsmanlike fashion, let them have some fun. Hockey is their job, but we should all be allowed to be passionate about what we do and celebrate our accomplishments, no matter how big or small. Sure, a celebration to the level of Nail Yakupov's knee slide is probably a bit showy, but it really didn't hurt much of anything besides maybe Jonathan Quick's pride (shit happens dude) and it gave us some pretty awesome memes. People criticized him for not coming off as a team player and all that jazz (even though he celebrated with the team right after his hype moment) but the guy was young and excited. Let them enjoy the moment and what they do. And that goes for any sport - thankful the NFL stopped with their nonsense about limiting TD celebrations because I think they're one of the most fun things to watch lol.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3