Create Account

S68 PT #3: Celebrate Good Times Due: December 11th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

There’s no doubt that hockey players are a superstitious bunch, so having a celebration after a win would be cool, but it would have to be the same one after every win. I am not really one for something too flashy or obnoxious, so I would say something simple that gets people excited and wants to see, but nothing too over the top that makes it seem disrespectful and annoying to the opposition (or even our own fans).

I’m thinking after a win, the mascot comes out on the ice and does a few laps, throws some sort of Kraken memorabilia into the crowd for people to have and then ends it off with a custom handshake with the first star of the night. I think this would make people want to stay for the end as they could get something out of it and then have some player interaction just for the fun of it.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Hickey Prompt:

Celebraitons in hockey are cool.  I think it would be cooler to have a few more team style celebrations like in the NFL, but it goes both ways.  I always thought it would be cool to be a player that scores all the time and never celebrates.  You know, the whole "Act like you have been there before" sort of thing.  But damn, that style is so fucking boring.  Like show a little emotion, you know?  Shows that you care about the game and you're out there for more than just a pay check.  But shiiiiiit, if I was making millions I'd probably just be out there for the pay check too.  Fuck winning, fuck attempting to go the extra mile, just pay me for my third line minutes and let me go home.  But if I score, oh yeah I'm doing a victory lap around the ring and smiling at the opposing bench.  You just got scored on by a guy who phones it in every day, congrats boys.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Hockey Prompt

I think celebrations in hockey have this stigma to them that comes from the "old school" hockey mentality and it's a little absurd in my opinion. Silencing the players from expressing themselves,within reason, is just taking the fun out of a lot of aspects that I believe younger fans could really get into. I say within reason though because obviously there's going to be a line somewhere that it goes too far. For the most part though some simple celebrations are just good hearted fun that takes at most a minute out of the game time. It's become a problem not only in hockey but especially in leagues like the NFL where they have somewhat relaxed the rules and people of the boomer variety complain about the teams celebrating. I think there are some good ones though, like the Hurricanes after their games. Go nuts, express yourself some and have fun celebrating being one of the best athletes in the world. It's a hard game they should 100% have fun when they do something amazing.

176 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Being with the Armada and how much we love our Boats here in Anchorage, I think something where we can incorporate the whole team in like a Battleship style of game on the ice. We can even project like a field on the ice and players stand on it and try to hit each other with like a dodge ball, something along those lines. Or better yet, we can just have a dodgeball game that is like Battleship style, where people kind of get tied together as if they are a 4 hit boat or a 3 hit boat, and they skate around the ice together trying to hit the other boats that are tied together. And for every dodge ball you shoot and hit them, you knock off a life until they have none left and have to leave the ice.

Something where the whole team stays on the ice and interacts with eachother, plays a game or something like that is good for the fans to see and also good for the team to build chemistry. That element of fun really goes a long way when trying to build a good foundation for a team.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Creative
The Atlanta Inferno's logo depicts a phoenix rising from the flames, so the Inferno players decided it would be a good idea to recreate this in real life. Of course, they don't actually have a real life phoenix, that would be ridiculous, but they do have their fat and flightless defenseman Puddles O'Duck. For this reason, he was chosen to be the phoenix.

The stadium lights are turned off and Puddles is placed at center ice, in a harness. A circular wall of flame erupts around him in the darkened arena, it which point the fans usually go crazy. Then a spotlight hits the inferno, and Puddles is slowly raised out of the circle of flames. The fans love it, but Puddles isn't so keen as he keeps sustaining minor burns to his feet and tail feathers.

Viktork Krunk loves it. He watches from a safe distance, yelling "cook that duck" and "if he dies, we all eat" in Russian.

[Image: crunksig2.png]

Hockey Prompt

This is another topic where I am kind of stuck on the fence. Well, with most of my body hanging to one side. I love myself a passionate celly. Nobody wants to watch a game where after every game there is a dull group huddle after every goal regardless of timing or records. Hockey is an exciting game, so the reactions from the players should capture that excite as well. I am all for when players scream or jump into the glass, even at fans of the opposing team. I draw the line at the skating halfway down the ice and belly sliding or something similar. That is, of course, unless that goal happens to be the one that wins the cup. Then all bets are off. Really is comes down to balancing the passion of the game with the respect the other team should get from a player. Long story short: don’t be a dick.
(156)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Hockey Prompt:

I think simple celebrations are fine (arms up, skating to the glass, fist pumps, etc), but I think that should be about the limit of the celebrations that we see on the ice. The focus should, typically, remain on the team aspect of the game and the team performance as a whole. One thing I love to see is when the player that scores gets immediately mobbed by his teammates on the ice to celebrate the goal, and then they go down the line at the bench. This keeps the celebration simple, quick and focused on the team as a whole rather than the individuals accomplishment. Obviously, there are going to be exceptions to this, it's not a hard-coded rule or anything like that. There may be certain situations where a team is pushing deep into the playoffs and is dedicated games to a certain fan or player, someone that has been a source of inspiration for them, and maybe that triggers some sort of unique shared celebration amongst the team. Something like that would be fine, because the focus is still on the team and not the individual.

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Code:
hockey prompt
Players celebrating a goal in ice hockey is a common sight in the sport. After scoring a goal, many players will celebrate by raising their arms in the air, jumping up and down, or skating around the rink with their teammates. Some players may even perform more elaborate celebrations, such as somersaulting or pretending to shoot an imaginary bow and arrow.

Celebrating a goal can be a way for players to show their enthusiasm and excitement for scoring a goal. It can also be a way for players to demonstrate their emotions and celebrate the achievement with their teammates. Some players may choose to keep their celebrations low-key, while others may opt for more energetic and elaborate celebrations.

However, not all players celebrate goals in the same way. Some players may choose to remain composed and simply acknowledge their teammates and the fans, while others may prefer to let out a more enthusiastic celebration. Ultimately, how a player celebrates a goal is a matter of personal preference and can vary from player to player. I don't mind it and think it depends on the situation.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Affiliate PBE PT

HOCKEY PROMPT

Honestly it really depends on what you are celebrating. If it's a very excited goal, you're boarderline. If it's some massive milestone you get a little bit of slack, because that's literally history. If you do a knee slide because you scored an OT goal in the regular season? Better watch your back next game. Ah, who am I kidding, watch your front, because I won't hit you from behind.
If you do something like Ovechkin with the hot stick after scoring 50, that's not really a piece of history so you better bet that I'm looking to break that peace whenever I can. Regular goals can be scored with a cheer yell, and hands raised. Big moment goals can even include a fist pound on the glass or a team mate jumping to celebrate, but keep it respectful. Winning a playoff series or the Cup? Honestly go nuts. That's a happy time, but focus on yourselves. It's a celebration, not an in your face moment.

Code:
177 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

the atlanta inferno have adopted a new celebratory ritual done after home wins throughout the s68 season - since the ice has to be lubed up in order to be cleaned at the end of each game in order to keep the ice consistently clean and fresh, the atlanta inferno team makes a big slip n slide party out of it. they grab some tarps from the ice crew and chuck em down halfheartedly and then lube up the whole rink and slip and slide all the way around it. it is nice also because the players will all want to shower after the game, and this way they're all already lubed up and smooth and ready for the shower, especially @goldenglutes binko kovachoo who seems to be smoother than most already. almost everyone on the team loves this tradition and sometimes if a lucky fan stays around long enough they can get to see the players shirtless which can be a little visual feast from the stands if you will.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

[Image: 79IOTO1.png]

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

HOCKEY PROMPT: Personally, I think celebrations in ice hockey are currently severely lacking and I think it's getting worse every year. How many current players are recognized for having an iconic celebration currently in the NHL? I feel that it’s none. We don’t have a player who has something like the Jagr salute. I wish players would embrace this side of the game more freely and that the number of people who feel they need to give their opinion about whether a celebration is good or not would go down massively. I want players to celebrate more, I want to see them celebrate when they get a nice assist, I want them to celebrate when they get a goal that puts their team ahead, I want to see the goalies celebrate when they make an important save. At the top level, hockey is also an entertainment product and seeing player celebrate and so their happiness is entertaining. I want to see players celebrate with a signature move that the fans will want to replicate in the stands when they see them score.

180 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Hockey Prompt:

When it comes to celebrations, hockey keeps things simple with a fist bump, and the teammates come crashing in to surround you, and then you go down the bench with your fist out for some sweet, sweet fist bumps. I’d like to see a little more craziness from the players. A good recent example is when Jack Hughes scored that overtime winner and chucked his stick into the crowd. Stuff like that creates memories for fans, and we should take American Football celebrations into account. Touchdown dances are a cultural staple, with the Dirty Bird of old, or something more recent, The Griddy that has turned into a staple of the entire Minnesota Vikings locker room. Even baseball has bat flips nowadays, and when baseball is outshining your sport in terms of flashiness and fun, you got a problem. All in all, I’d like to see a hockey player try to do the griddy on ice skates after a goal, they’d be enshrined forever in my mind.
[Image: xbvp4dU.png]

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]