Create Account

S69 PT #1: Surplus January 29th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

[Image: u8Uvluf.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Hockey Prompt:

I think the NHL needs a salary cap. Parity is fun. The league would not be fun if Toronto went and spent $300 million on all the best players and won the Cup every year. Budget teams like my own Carolina Hurricanes would be left to play moneyball with the mid-tier scraps. A salary cap levels the playing field and allows the sport to thrive within the bubble of entertainment. If the cap is removed, it becomes even more about the money. Besides, sports like soccer, baseball, and football can be played anywhere. If you start to make teams outside Canada lose a bunch, interest dwindles because the sport is just not as much a part of life to some outside the Great White North. I personally hockey would just get sucked back to Canada and all the progress the sport has made in warmer climates would wane. The sport would just become an elite Canada trip, which is good if you are in Canada, I guess. But not for me.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

Creative one

Considering to the fact that the LA Panthers arena is located in the dead center of Los Angeles with little to no parking space, an underground parking garage would be perfect for improving the viewer satisfaction. Along with that, Panthers would finally invest more in food services during the games, not just crappy hot dogs and cheeseburgers, more authentic to provide the proper LA food experience to visitors. Bring in some of the food trucks from the district or even invest in one yourself and gather around all the delicious dishes Los Angeles has to offer (excluding vegetarians/vegans, they can eat popcorn).

With the remaining money, Panthers would remodel their fan section's seats fit for more of a royal fanbase. Discard the folding uncomfortable metal chairs and bring in hard cushions with slight padding and waterproofing, since some of the beers enjoyed in the fan section might spill over the excessive cheering the arena will hold in it in the future

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Code:
What upgrades and changes do you make to your team's locker room, lounge, fitness room, parking garage, whatever! Use your 3 million wisely in order to make the best facilities possible for your teammates. Are you upgrading to some fancy new future tech? Is there something old and rotten that you need to replace? Are you mad that your parking spot is too far from the ice surface? Talk about what you're changing and why! (150+ words)

Three million dollars.  What a chunk of change to help renovate the team's locker room.  Immediately, Strom knows what is needed to help accentuate the Big Parm's facilities to the next level.  First thing he does is hire a new chef that caters specifically chicken parmigiana to the team before every home game.  Nobody else, just the team in whatever fashion they deem necessary.  Next he's going to replace the aging furniture in the lounge and replacing it with branded leather lay-z-boy recliners in a home theater setup.  The main reason for this is that there were some...questionable things that happened on the previous furniture with the older management, but that's a different story for a different time.  Lastly there would be added an entire underground laser-tag facility for the team.  There's no better way, especially when anyone is frustrated, to take out frustration than instead of pummeling each other in fisticuffs...instead hit them with the laser designation while you play capture the flag.  Its also really good for cardio as well.

Creative 1

J roc Noticed the teams bar is only bringing in the normal draft beers on tap like coors light and shit. Jamie has been in talks with bubbles from sunnyvale and they are gunna be in an agreement to supply the teams bar with GREEN BASTARD IPA. This beer is locally made in sunnyvale the beer is a million times better than any other youll find in your local bars. If you want to try something good and new youll try the Green Bastard IPA. This isnt the only thing id purchase with the 3 mil J-Roc and his roc pile back home in sunnyvale have been working constantly on their "roc" Vodka brand. They will also be adding this to the teams local bar all the flavours you can ask for. Sold in their trademark Masin jars the vodka is a delicious treat for the people in the stadium that are over the age of 21 of course. This will boost the teams fanbase by a big amount!

[Image: cuffana.png]

I think the funds need to be poured into the training facilities. I'm going to petition the team to get state of the art athletic performance machines and equipment. We need better exercise bikes and treadmills. Good resistance training machines that will minimize the risk of injury to the users. I also want our trainers and nutritionists to be up to date on the latest and greatest research that could give us an edge. So I'd be investing in their training and continued learning budgets. In addition to the fitness side of things, I want to focus on the players mental wellbeing as well. I want the lounge to be more relaxing however we can. Comfortable furniture, high definition televisions and subscriptions to whatever streaming services the team wants. I also want massage tables and a sauna where players can work the aches and pains out and get loosed up for the next game.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

I have $3 million dollars to spend on the ever amazing Quebec City Citadelles facilities? I have so many plans for the facilities. Because Sobchak was snubbed by the team's captain vote (he only received one vote, and it was his own, how sad?) Sobchak will renovate all of the QCC facilities to include a picture of Sobchak's face all over the logo, to remind them to love and appreciate their goalie. Goalies already do not receive love and appreciation from the sim and the league itself, to be unloved by their own team is a travesty and should be punished to the highest extent. Having to see my face everywhere a QCC teammate goes to shame them seems like the perfect way to go about things, and I get satisfaction getting to see my face everywhere :D. In seriousness, I'd probably add the $3 mil and invest in a trading card program to auto trade trading cards, like a day-trader program, so we can receive passive income to buy more ca- I mean training.

[Image: sobchak.png]

I think NHL salary cap has both good and bad qualities. I know that is such a hot take but, as with anything there are things that it helps and there are things that it could definitely do better. One thing that I really like about the NHL salary cap is that it keeps teams at more of a level playing field. When you compare the market size of teams and how that can impact cap structure in a sport like baseball you can see how smaller market teams can become handcuffed and not have the same opportunity to afford starts to keep their team competing. One thing I do not like about the salary cap is the fact that I think we increase the cap far too often allowing teams to become bailed out of irresponsible contracts that they otherwise should not be able to afford. Overall, I think the NHL does a lot better than most other sports when it comes to salary cap and management there of it.

Code:
171 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

HOCKEY PROMPT Written Task: The NHL salary cap is a system put in place to control team spending on player salaries in order to promote parity and competitive balance among teams. Overall, I believe the salary cap has been generally successful in achieving this goal. It has helped prevent teams with deep pockets from dominating the league by outspending other teams and has allowed smaller market teams to remain competitive. However, the salary cap also has some drawbacks. One issue is that it can make it difficult for teams to retain their top players, especially if those players become highly sought after by other teams. Additionally, the salary cap can limit the ability of teams to build a deep and talented roster, as they must spread their salary budget across multiple players. Overall, I think that the NHL salary cap is a good system but here may be some room for improvement. For example, teams could be given more flexibility to manage their salary cap, such as through the use of salary cap exceptions or by allowing teams to go over the salary cap in certain circumstances. The league could also consider adjusting the salary cap increasing it a lot more over time.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I actually quite like the salary cap in the NHL, and I think having a hard cap is much better than the soft caps we see in the MLB or the NBA. The hard cap allows much more parity and doesn’t give any team an advantage over another.

We’ve seen it in the MLB and the NBA how the same handful of teams are always the teams that are at the top, they’re always competing and it’s usually the teams that have the most money and can afford to over spend and pay penalties to reap the rewards. I think this goes against the point of having a cap. I do think overall it’s still better than no cap at all, but it still allows the rich teams to spend a ton of money and benefit from having deep pockets. Small market teams would never be able to keep up and it would ruin it.

I take soccer for example. The rich teams are always buying players and spending, and the smaller teams’ sole objectives are player development and then sell them off for a profit. It makes it a little boring when it’s always the same teams, and I wouldn’t want to have that happen to the NHL.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

PBE CW

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

[Image: dreamteam.png]

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

I actually think the NHL has the best salary cap system in professional sports. The NHL salary cap is low enough to make GM’s have to make a decision, but still high enough to build a strong team. I think having no salary cap is the worst system, as we saw super teams like Detroit dominate the early 2000’s with no cap, and baseball is led by teams like the Yankees and Dodgers who can afford to pay higher amounts of money to players versus smaller market teams like Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. The NBA has the luxury tax which is better than no cap but teams like the Warriors and Lakers can still afford to go over versus a team like the Thunder. The NFL has a cap so high I don’t think anyone is ever worried about it so it doesn’t really come into play. And then European football is such a complicated system I wont even go into it, but overall the NHL is truly the best salary cap system.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Creative Prompt:

The Hamilton Steelhawks arena will be blessed with upgrades! In total, the Hamilton Steelhawks will be spending 3 million dollars on upgrading the arena. Wow! Now that the area has got the necessary facelift, the franchise wants to match that experience. The goal of the improvements is to help bring more fans to the games since the dip in Hamilton's performance. Now they’re on the way back up, but there has been a dip in fan attendance since after the cup streak the team went on. Some of the changes that will be made include new themed lighting, a new video scoreboard with new graphics for the team, a new sound system, some concession stand improvements, and a better merch booth. Now I personally have no idea how much these arena upgrades cost but a man can dream. Let’s throw in a new Hamilton Steelhawk mascot suit in there as well. Why not. Every arena needs a good mascot suit.

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

What upgrades and changes do you make to your team's locker room, lounge, fitness room, parking garage, whatever! Use your 3 million wisely in order to make the best facilities possible for your teammates. Are you upgrading to some fancy new future tech? Is there something old and rotten that you need to replace? Are you mad that your parking spot is too far from the ice surface? Talk about what you're changing and why! (150+ words)

So as for Kelowna I would definitely develop a building for the players to live In especially for guys who may get drafted like myself and just have anywhere to live so they rent a hotel as It's the only thing they know. I would also replace the equipment In the Gym as the stuff Is still good, but who doesn't love new stuff, so I just think It'd be awesome for the guys to have some new weights to work with. The next would definitely be investing to locker room as It Is the SMJHL so we don't have the best of the best as guys come and go very often In the SMJHL. So I definitely would renovate the locker room and give a way for these lockers to stay clean so that way as they are passed onto each guy they mean something. Maybe putting a significant player that used that locker each time they leave It to the next person If that makes sense. Just creating a culture within Kelowna. Also just putting inspirational renovation in the hallways for the team as seeing Knights stuff Is the best thing to show and see the team spirit the Knights have! (203 words)

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]