Create Account

Chirper #4 (AC Week #462)

03-11-2023, 04:36 PMValpix Wrote: Literally all it is is a race to see who can copy best. But at least with predictions or the bracket it's relatively simple and most people have enough to go off of that they can guesstimate without a ton of effort. The mock is basically "figure out who's connected enough and get them copied as last second as you can" and I hate it. 

I'd be much more okay with it if it was culled to say, top 10. Or wasn't a thing (replaced with some other offseason task; SSL ditched the mock draft last season and no one missed it) and instead people who wanted to do actual mock drafts could plop them in media for some big cash (since drafts often come with double media).
I get that. Mock Drafts are meant to be relatively low effort tasks that promote engagement with other users. That can be problematic for users who might not be as plugged in, you're absolutely right. Something for us to think about.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Forgot about this thread real quick. Should probably create a bookmark or something.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

03-11-2023, 04:43 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I get that. Mock Drafts are meant to be relatively low effort tasks that promote engagement with other users. That can be problematic for users who might not be as plugged in, you're absolutely right. Something for us to think about.

I'm sure you're well-versed about what other sim leagues do. But if nothing else this gives me my second chirper post of the day.

The ISFL just has you select who you think is being picked in the first round. Regardless of which pick they're taken at. I experienced it recently after creating a player over there. It's very low effort but at least makes you think a little bit about who'll be picked around the turn. I definitely engage more for that(albeit still very little) than I do the SHL mock draft nowadays. Which is just waiting for someone in my LR to suggest a mock to copy. Even as someone who's been here for a long time now and used to be part of one of the mock draft groups hunting intel.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

im sure i posted iihf predictions on time... right?

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

03-11-2023, 03:34 PMValpix Wrote: i am once again advocating for the abolition of the mock draft
disagree, i like my easy tpe

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

A tale of two teams so far for USA. IIHF team's off to a rocky start, but the prospects are rocking it!

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

pizza pretzels are elite.

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

yep saturday fun day maybe cw day

IIHF and WJC! Hell yeah!

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Mock time eh? Send help!

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Saturday evenin chirpin

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

WJC started! wooo!

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

Not a bad start for Team North America in the WJC!

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: 1I2bN7C.png]

Another week where I forgot to post in here. Hello peeps!

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Offseason continues...

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]