Create Account

S71 PT #1: Public Relations

I am unsure that we should really be using public funds for a new sporting arena. But forgetting about better ways of using taxpayer money, we need to build a new arena to keep the team here because it really adds to the city’s culture. People look at Los Angeles and what sticks out the most? It’s none of the usual answers, the ones you would suspect. No, it’s the Panthers. Los Angeles Panthers are what keeps the city going through difficult times. As of late, there hasn’t been a lot of reason to cheer, but given some more time, the city will be backing the team, and therefore, they should back a new arena so that we can stay here permanently. It would be such a shame if this market did not have an SHL team. Thus, we have to go out and convince all the voters to back the team, back the arena, and keep Los Angeles the home of the Panthers.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Prompt 1

Honestly, I'm probably not going to fight ownership on a potential move to Saskatoon, nor am I gonna do a whole lot to convince the fan base we should stay put where we're at. As a Canadian I think it'd be pretty sweet to add another team to that market and it wouldn't be disappointing at all for us to lose out on the arena deal if it means the team moves to Saskatchewan. The fan base would probably be pretty hardcore into it, and I think it'd be fun to play for them. Those guys are crazy, they legit go to football games in -40 temps with watermelons on their heads.. can only imagine how far they'd go for hockey. That said, it would be kind of sad to lose out on the existing fan base, so I guess there might be some light "ohh noos... " and some hope that those fans would continue to follow the team if it did end up moving.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

I think getting a new arena for the Texas Renegades would actually be a pretty easy feat to get. I mean that in terms of getting support from the people. Texas is one of the most historic franchises in the SHL. Being a historic franchise without a rebrand also means that we have been playing in the same place for a long time. Just using the interested prospects thread, they have been around since S10. Figuring that they have not moved since then, they quite possibly have been in the same arena since S10. That would be 61 years in the same arena. Now a days it seems that teams get new arenas every 40/50 years depending on relocation and the construction that their arena is built. Figuring that their arena is somewhere around 60 years old it would be easy to see why they would need a new one. Even if the team got a new arena half through their time in S40 their current arena would still be 30 years old. If you put that together with the moving of West Kendal to Baltimore they may have had one of the oldest arenas in the SHL and it would be a time for a change. I think the people of Texas would easy go for it and support it and it would be the sickest arena in all of the SHL

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

PLAYER PROMPT:
Lias actually tries to be nice to the fans, because he feels like it's pretty cool that they show up just to watch him play a game for a living. He usually tries to do something special for local school classes and all that, letting a class from one of the local public schools see a game from a suite at the arena. He also tries to donate merchandise (or auction it off to donate the proceeds) to local youth hockey causes, and tries to sponsor kids in the local LGBTQIA+ league to go over to Sweden to participate in Gunnar Söderberg's summer hockey camps, which Lias himself participated in when he was growing up. He doesn't really do all of this to sell his own jerseys, but it does seem to be a side effect of it - when you help people out, they like you, and they want to show it, so it seems like it's had a positive impact on that as well despite that not being his intention or motivation.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2023, 12:23 AM by RashfordU. Edited 1 time in total.)

CREATIVE PROMPT

I think Mikko would simply start with small simple messages to random individuals that he has met during his time in the SHL.  Maybe reaching out to business partners who might owe him a favor for signing a hockey stick or card for their kid that one time.  Alternatively, Mikko would take out a full page add in the newspaper that is simply just a picture of Spack Jarrow with a thought bubble longing for a new arena for his boat to be able to sail the high seas.  Honestly, I am really not even sure Mikko would care if there was a new arena or not.  Half of the games are not even played at that arena, and Winnipeg is cold enough that moving to Saskatoon could actually be of benefit because Saskatchewan has dry winters compared to many other places in Canada.  Maybe this is a good thing.  Maybe he'd ask Blanchet to cover for him while he went and played some disc golf

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Player Prompt:

Ty Murphy does what he needs to do with the fans man.  He gives viral quotes to the media, he tastefully shits on whatever it is currently cool to shit on at the time, he signs a bunch of jerseys and shit.  Just the other day he broke the record for the make a wish foundation, top wishes granted.  How incredible is that?  Told John Cena to eat a dick too.  Legendary.  Hes the perfect balance of edgy and responsibility.  A guy you'd love to take home to the folks as well as the boys.  Just a dude who people love being around.  He also donates his entire salary to the public schools systems of whatever city he is playing in at the time.  He does so with the specification that it go directly to teacher pay raises.  What a fuckin guy.  He said he wanted to fight conor, in DUBLIN!  Can you believe it??

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Creative Prompt

As much as I love playing in Philadelphia in front of our amazing Forge fanatics, I would refuse to campaign for a new arena. It is in no way, shape, or form the responsibility of the citizens of Philadelphia to foot the bill for a new stadium. I respect our fans too much to ask that of them. They already spend so much money just to come watch us play. Even compared to the owners of the many SHL franchises, us players make peanuts. If they want a brand-new arena, the owners can shell out all that money. I would be devastated to have to move to Saskatoon, but reluctance to live in the middle of nowhere does not give me or ownership the right to ask so much of the fans of the Forge. It is our responsibility to provide for them! Open the wallet, assclap, and get going on constructing the best arena for the best fans in the SHL!
(162)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

PP

We all know that Nash Topalo would ne nothing without his fans. In order to boost his profile, Nash has decided that for the next few weeks he will only be walking and taking public transportation no matter if its a home or an away game. Being able to get out in the public and make appearances will do wonders for his notoriety. There is nothing Nash loves more than attention, not only from his team but from the general public as well. Having the communities get "hands on" petting experience with Nash is a huge boost and really gets Nash pumped up for whatever he is doing. Making stops at all the dog parks along the way and making sure to stop and sign autographs for anyone that asks is really important. Merchandise sales will go through the roof and I'm sure this will generate even more fans for the SHL. Having players out in public will definitely bring more people to the sport.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

''LISTEN HERE YOU MUPPETS. THE LOS ANGELES PANTHERS HAVE BEEN A STAPLE - PUN INTENDED - OF THE CITY FOR SO LONG. WE BROUGHT YOU A CHAMPIONSHIP LIKE, 6 SEASONS AGO, ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT MAKING YOU HAPPY? GOD DAMNIT LAST TIME I HAD THE FEELING OF DISAPPOINTING SOMEONE THIS HARD, HE LEFT FOR MILK AND NEVER CAME BACK. DAD, PLEASE COME BACK. ANYWAYS, WE'RE THROWING BOAT LOADS OF CASH YOUR WAY TO GET YOU SOME NICE RESTAURANTS, A NICE BAR, SOME NICE LEISURE ACTIVITY TO ENJOY YOURSELVES BETWEEN PERIODS WE GET SMOKED IN, AND TO MAKE THE TIME GO FASTER WHEN WE'RE SMOKING THE OPPOSITION. ITS A WIN-WIN. WE'RE WAY COOLER THAN THE STINKY DODGERS, WHY CAN THEY HAVE SUCH A NICE STADIUM BUT NOT US? COME ONE SHEEPLE, STOP BELIEVING WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SAYS, THAT ITS A BAD IDEA, AND COME HOME TO YOUR BARN, YOUR BRAND NEW BARN THAT IS, WE NEED THIS, YOU NEED THIS, LET'S JUST ALL BE FRIENDS AND GET A NEW HOME FOR OURSELVES, WE DESERVE IT'' said Derek Martin. That was it, that 15th take in the mirror was the right one, maybe? He felt confident before going live in the news conference, he nailed it.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

CREATIVE PROMPT

Saskatoon seriously? They're so many good place to move over in Canada, but Saskatoon... really.... this will without a doubt kill the franchise, no one would wants to play there. Filip and his teamates took initiatives to convince people of New-Orleans, and the city council to allow them to build a new arena. They found by themselves, some sponsor who didnt want the team to leaves, and decided to organise a "tailgate" style of party before every home game like they do in football. 80% of the money raised in these tailgate will go directly towards the arena, and will show to the city that N-O citizen still wants the Specters in there city and nowhere else. Lund and his team hope that this demonstration will help the mayor and governement that there is still money to make from a franchise in N-O, and that they will invest to help the Specters build there new arena.

162 words

San Francisco, as lucky as it would be for Dominik Winters and the Pride, tends to support their teams very well in every aspect and so I think that Dominik would be able to get a lot of support for the team simply by getting out, talking to folks, being a visible face in the community. Hopefully for Dominik, he has been seen out and about in the community at various events and the community wouldn’t view his talking and getting out and about now as performative or fake or anything like that. Of course, it always helps to be passionate about the things that people are talking about, and Dominik is certainly passionate about hockey and doing his part to get his franchise a new arena deal to be able to stay in the San Francisco Bay area. I feel confident that the Pride, through Winters’ and others’ efforts, would be able to secure a new arena deal to extend their stay in the region.

WC: 166

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Player prompt

Dusty Rhodes absolutely loves to engage with the fans. He is hugely popular in New Orleans as it is a food city and Dusty loves to eat. He is always being spotted in the local restaurants around town, preferring the small blue collar joints that the ordinary folks tend to gravitate to. He also does alot for charity and he features many different types of events where he interacts with the fans. 2 of the most popular is his celebrity wrestling tournament and his eating contests where he takes on locals in such things as crawfish eating contests. Always willing to buy a round for the fans doesn't hurt either. These activities and his fiestiness on the ice have certainly endeared him to the fans. He is New Orleans everyday man, always willing to drop the gloves to protect a teammate whether on the ice or in an alley somewhere. As he always says I've wined and dined with Kings and Queens and slept in alleyways and dined on pork and beans!

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2023, 01:00 PM by Z-Whiz. Edited 1 time in total.)

First, I start with canvasing. I'm getting of my feathery ass and knocking on doors. KNOCK KNOCK. Who's there? Puddles. Puddles, who? Puddles O'Duck and I'm here to let you know that if you don't help this billionaire pay for his stadium, he is going to leave and I'll have to relocate to the north and I hate the north because it's cold during the winter. Not my best joke, but it creates an awkward silence. I just stand there and wait until the offer me money. One by one, I get enough money to start funding the new arena. However, there will be the occasional buffoon who doesn't support the team. Well, that's just a mistake. Would be a real shame if someone got his crew of fellow birds to start pooping all over his car until he forks over the cash. It's not a threat, it's a guarantee. So let's skip all the run around and how about you give me the cash. I hate to do it, but in this instance, I would hire the geese as henchmen. They're perfect for the task. Well, that was a long step 1 and that's really the only step. Give me money or else.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

my player actively participates in fan events and community outreach programs. He attends autograph sessions, fan meet-ups, and charity events, engaging in meaningful conversations with his supporters. By being approachable and down-to-earth, he fosters a personal connection with the fans.

In addition, my player understands the importance of giving back to the community. He volunteers his time and resources to support charitable organizations and participates in community service projects. This demonstrates his commitment to making a positive impact beyond the game, resonating with fans who appreciate his efforts.

Being on a team like Tampa Bay, boosting player jersey sales is a bit tough because the area is not really known for their hockey and it is not a hockey town what so ever. But if all the players on the team do their part in getting their names out there and really putting the effort to go to events and do things with the kids at the school or hockey camps for everyone, I think that just boosts sales not only for Bruno Tooyo but also for the whole team.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature