Create Account

S71 All Star Week
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2023, 11:18 AM by Nictox. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 1:

Milestones +2

Task 2:
a.
This is actually easier to answer than I originally thought. I would 100% want Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson on my team. Not only did they pot the 60 goals, they did it with a 23% shooting percentage! Ekholm-Gunnarsson is an offensive threat that every team wants on their team. I’m lucky they are on the Western team so I can cheer for them! [61]

c.
Obviously you have to be concerned with the Challenge Cup champion netminder Fantobean, as well as Brick Wall who was really good in the regular season, but do you honestly expect the West to be worried with a Time and St Ark tandem? All four goalies are really good choices and both teams should very comfortable with them in net. [60]

d.
I obviously should have made the All Star game, I mean come on! I was third on the Monarchs in points as a rookie! With only studs Alexi Piastri and All Star Meta Knight being above me. Like, do they not understand that 55 points is pretty good for a small dude who plays super physical hockey? [57]

Task 3:
Meta Knight led the Monarchs in points with a whopping 84. A good chunk of those coming from their 51 assists, Knight is simply a team player with a strong offensive upside. Not only that, the dude was able to win 54% of his face offs and shut down opponents with 73 blocks. Knight was hands down the best Monarch on the ice and them getting selected for the All Star game is a no brainer. I expect them to be a valuable asset to the All Star West team when it comes to creativity in the offensive zone and pure team first mentality in the defensive zone. They can put a ribbon on the whole event by being a standout from a rebuilding team. I think it is important for every team to have representatives in the All Star games to show that even the “bad” teams have aces on them. Knight is the Ace of the Monarchs. [159]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

+2 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposide sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers

Its a tough choice to have to pick between these two incredible players. Not thinking long term and focusing only on the next season I'd probably want Evil Allbran over Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson simply because Evil Allbran has won a cup. LEG has been to the finals several times and each time they have walked away empty handed. So as much as regular season success is great, it means nothing without that cup at the end.

Code:
b. Borje Samuelsson lead all the league's defensemen in points this season with an incredible statline of 22-59-81 in 66 games played. However, the best defensive defenseman in this all star game is Adelie de Pingu, who put up 16-40-56 in the same number of games played while still recording the best average defensive performance of anyone who made primetime. Which of these defensemen will have a better showing this weekend and why?

When it comes to All-Star games I think the expectation is an offensive performance. Nobody is hoping to watch players block shots and play sound defensively, and that probably includes GMs of the players blocking shots lol. For this reason I have to say Borje Samuelsson should have the better showing and more likely to get the fans out of their seats.

Code:
c. The eastern conference will be lining up in front of netminders Casey Fantoben and Brick Wall, while the west will play in front of Justin Time and Jon St. Ark. Which team should be more comfortable with their backstop tandem? Why?

Looking at the regular season Brick Wall and Casey Fantobens had incredible seasons and I don't think the Eastern Conference should have any worries with these two tending the net. I'm going to choose The tandem of Time and Ark though because Time is used to not having defense in front of him and he was still able to lock it down enough to get the win and I can see the All Star game being very similar to that.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, And Now, For the Main Event (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to utterly dominate this event? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, then and only then may you pump your own tires.)

After a period where the Edmonton Blizzard really didn't have anyone worthy of being labled an All Star, this season the Arctic Foxes are sending 6 players! Four were selected and two voted in as last players in. Basically the top line, or top defense pairing, and our goalie. I am super excited to watch Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev the next couple seasons as he hits his prime, but I think Evan Winter is going to be the guy that takes over the All-Star game. For the first time in Blizzard history we had a player break the fifty goal mark as well as the hundred point mark. Winter was by far and large our MVP of the season and finished 5 in league points and third in goals, only behind those two 60 goal scorers. With the chemistry he has with the line mates joining him in the All Star game, I expect to see some incredible and magical things from him.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Code:
1. Milestones, 2 TPE.

+2 TPE - S71 Milestones - Marton Diehm

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Movable Spotlights (202 words)

Obviously it’s Erik Bergmark, first of the S68 class (and my Ireland teammate) to make the All Star Game! Our class is absolutely stacked, with more than twenty of us going to be over 1000 TPE to start S72. In the next few seasons, a ton of us (I mean, probably not me, but a lot of my friends in the class) are going to be teaming up and squaring off in the spectacle of the ASG. And you know we’re gonna make it a spectacle. Put the S68 group on the ice together and watch the stream pop off as we show up to support and rag on each other.

But Erik is the first one of us to make it, likely Rookie of the Year winner, too. And the thing with sports is: You always want to be the one winning. That’s what we’re here for right? You want all the trophies piling up till you have to buy a bigger place to store them all. But we’re people first before we’re hockey players, and that means friends are more important than awards. So when your buddy does well, you go celebrate that like it deserves. Way to go Erik!

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (227 words)

Obviously it was Edmonton who stacked the ballot box this year (fair play, Tex had the big push last season). And I ain’t mad at it, cuz they did have a good season, though the sweep of us in the first round felt a little bit unfair because we are not that bad, no way, no how. Still, bygones be bygones and all that. I don’t know much about Luca but stats are decent enough.
Want to give a shout out to Luke Laraque though. Mostly because I swapped for him early in the fantasy season and ended up taking first in my group. For a few days, I was net negative on the swap and feeling pretty salty. But he got his stuff together and ultimately put me over the top. That definitely makes him an All Star in my book.
But also: over in the SSL, I’ve been carrying the corpse of Luke Laraque around as a goalkeeper for the past three seasons. I understand blix didn’t want to come back to that league but he didn’t retire and that let me prop him up Weekend at Bernie’s style between the posts until we could find a young keeper to fill his shoes. We’ll be moving on from Laraque after this season, but he’s served me well in SSL and Fantasy, so all my thanks.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2023, 11:47 AM by JT3. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Blanchet Milestones

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b) Both are excellent defensemen, but I think that Samuelsson’s game lends itself better to a fast paced, offensive, ‘all-star game’ style than de Pengu’s game does. While de Pengu is also a real strong offensive player, her real strength is the physical, bruising, defensive style while Samuelsson plays a run and gun offensive style that should be fun to watch at the ASG.

c) There’s a reason all these goalies are in the all-star game, they all are superb tendies and had great seasons. Although they aren’t my western teammates, I have to go with Fantobens and Wall here, mostly due to the absolute monster known as Brick Wall. He’s been superb the last few seasons and is frustrating to play against.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, And Now, For the Main Event (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to utterly dominate this event? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, then and only then may you pump your own tires.)
The Aurora were lucky to have essentially a whole starting line-up involved in the allstar game (minus our beloved goalies Montagne and Chamberlain, sad). Up front we had Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, Mikko Rashford and Noel Blanchet make the team. On defense we also had Jay O'Neil and Christian Kinsinger make it in. For Noel he was very surprised but excited to make it, and he really owes that to those other four players for carry his sorry old ass all season long. All four of them are probably genuine top 10 players in the league. Kinsinger and O'Neil are both serious Stevens trophy contenders, and Rashford and LEG the top two point scorers in the entire league. It's pretty easy to have the kind of season Noel did when you get to line up with these folks over the course of a season. They all had a great time together at the all star game, and it was great to hang out with some other players around the league too.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

ASW pass

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

Task 1 - Milestones

+3 Milestones

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Milestones:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3393003

Shiny Grab Bag:

A. This is a tough choice because Evil AllBran has been at the top longer and he has a championship win and Gunnarsson doesn’t, but I still am picking Gunnarsson because, they are younger so you will get more mileage out of them, as well as they had more points than Evil AllBran this season. Either way, you get one of the best players in the league so you can’t complain. 

B. I think Samuelsson will have a better all-star game only because all-star games are offense focused, but his stat line of 81 points as a defenseman is absolutely bonkers, even if this wasn’t in an all-star setting, I would take him over de Pingu because of the amount of offense he generates, but either way you are getting a great player.

Movable Spotlights:

I know a lot of people will pick this player, but I think seeing how Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson rebounds from yet another finals loss and goes into the all-star game with the right mindset. I admit, Bobby McGinnis probably would not take the all-star game seriously, but you have to see how one of the best players in the league rebounds from yet another finals loss. Plus, Ekholm-Gunnarsson is a points machine, with 60 goals and 69 assists (nice) in a single season, and now that they are dishing it and receiving pucks from the best players in the league, they can really do something special for the fans in this all-star game and show the world that even though they lost in the championship, they still are the best player in the league. Maybe next year will be the year for Winnipeg, but the mentality has to start fresh, and it may as well start in the all-star game!

+8 TPE

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2023, 04:43 PM by Exilate. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
Milestones +3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposide sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers would you rather have and why?
b. Borje Samuelsson lead all the league's defensemen in points this season with an incredible statline of 22-59-81 in 66 games played. However, the best defensive defenseman in this all star game is Adelie de Pingu, who put up 16-40-56 in the same number of games played while still recording the best average defensive performance of anyone who made primetime. Which of these defensemen will have a better showing this weekend and why?
c. The eastern conference will be lining up in front of netminders Casey Fantoben and Brick Wall, while the west will play in front of Justin Time and Jon St. Ark. Which team should be more comfortable with their backstop tandem? Why?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why is this such an egregious snub? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates who didn't instead!)
a. Between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, the player I would want most on my team would be Evil Allbran. His linemates had way less assists than Lias's, who were both also top 10 in scoring, so Evil had to create more chances on his own and was able to do so to great effect. He also had a better faceoff percentage and was a top player in the league in hits. +1 TPE
c. The goaltenders I would be more comfortable with would be Casey Fantoben and Brick Wall. Brick wall really lived up to his name this season, with a .914 save percentage and 2.78 goals allowed average in 54 games. Casey was right behind Brick Wall in save percentage with .911, and allowed 2.94 goals on average. Justin Time and Jon St. Ark were very good, but not on Wall and Fantoben's level this season. +1 TPE

Code:

+3 Claim

Code:
a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposide sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers would you rather have and why?

Give me Evil Allbran any day of the week! Sure he may a few more miles on him Ekholm-Gunnarsson but that experience is more of an advantage than a detriment. Allbran had been lighting up the league for multiple seasons while LEG was still in the minors. Nothing rattles a veteran like Allbran. All the lights and excitement of the all star game are old hat to the Philly legend.
(70)

Code:
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why is this such an egregious snub? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates who didn't instead!)

Red Kirkby not making the all star game is an embarrassing snub. It is pretty standard operating procedure for players that have outstanding defensive years get ignored for the all star game. Red had close to 100 points while also being a super reliable defensive player. He deserves the recognition for finding his defensive game this season.
(57)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, And Now, For the Main Event (150 words min.)

Evil Allbran of the Philadelphia Forge is one of, if not the most, dominant forwards in recent SHL memory. EAB can stickhandle like no one else in the league. He can find every hole in the defense and work his way through. The moves that he is able to pull off are so ridiculous that I am regularly left shaking my head in disgust on the bench. Add on to that the fact that he has an absolute snipe cannon for a shot and it is lights out. He can score from any area of the ice and he does it with style. For Allbran, though, it is not just his numerous skills that will allow him to dominate the all star game. He has that big old hockey brain always thinking 5 steps ahead. Add on to that the body of a Greek god and it is a recipe for hockey domination.
(153)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Task 1.
Milestones

Task 4.

For me, the player that I am most excited to see who is not on my team is Max Manning. Ever since Max burst on the scene both in fantasy and just in the league, he is someone that I have had a personal interest in. Scoring goals is important but Max's Ability is something special. While this year was a down here for him as well as Seattle he still managed to put up 87 points. For me, what was most special was his three straight over 100 point seasons. As the SHL has grown and changed, 100 point seasons are still definitely an anomaly. Scoring 100 points in 66 games is incredibly difficult. And if you are getting close to 120 then it means that you almost score two points per game. In the NHL that is rather difficult and in the SHL that is also incredibly difficult. Once Seattle goes back up I know that Manning will be a super star and I am excited to see where he goes from here. He definitely will shine in the all star game

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2023, 02:24 PM by golden_apricot. Edited 2 times in total.)

+3 TPE - Milestones

5. the player who didn’t get in but one hundred percent deserved to be in one the Forge is Scoochie Scranton. This dude is an elite door operatior, and under appricaited role in this league. What we need to do as a league is open up more spots for these role players to be able to get into the big show at the end of the year. Stats for Scoochie this season include, 7 beers in one game consumed behind the bench, 20 missed door openings all season (5 of these came in the 7 beer game, both league records as far as I can tell), and no missed water bottle fills at practice all season. This was a next level performance from a backup goalie and as such the league needs to respect that role and get him into the all star game. I say we all vote for Scoochie and make the league great like it once was.

2a. there is no other person to choose as a teammate to score 60 goals with than Evil AllBran. He is an elite scorer and role player when needed, displayed by his perforemces over the last 4 seasons. Additionally the consistency at which he socres or his teammates score is unmatched in the league right now.
c. The east has the best goalies this year. Now this only comes down to Fantobeans being quite literally on fire after a great playoff run this past season where he displayed some of the most dominating goaltending in league history. Brickwall is alright I guess but will not be playing much unless Fantobens falls off a cliff or something.

Code:

+3 TPE - S71 milestones - Lemo Pihl

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Simmer pass thingy
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2023, 12:06 PM by hannahg32.)

milestones (3)
pbe pt

total tpe earned - 6

[Image: abby_1.jpg]

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]