Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #1: Site Awards of Class 73
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2023, 12:37 PM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

As seasons S72 SMJHL draft was still week away it felt like we already had class that was pretty stacked with recreates and many who were well known in community. Looking at few of their profiles, like @Leafs4ever (later referenced as L4E because he comes up a lot), or like specially him made me curious about just how much these users had achieved before. So few days after the draft I went and checked all the awards won by users on their prior players and looking what we might expect from them this time around.

There were 49 people drafted in the SMJHL draft and when counting them I ended up finding 21 users that had one or more site awards earned so roughly 43% of the users had already seen some form of success in the league. As I didn’t dive deep enough I can’t really compare it to previous classes but that still sounds like noticeable amount to me.

Taking bit deeper look at what was actually won we found out that there are 13 different kind of site awards earned by this group. The median lands nicely at 6 awards with average pushing up to 6.57, already showing us that there are some heavy hitters in this group.

Looking at different awards individually shows us that the IIHF gold is most earned award of this group with total of 40 IIHF wins, 12 which were won by L4E and 28 divided between 14 other users. Interestingly enough only player with IIHF award is @karey who doesn’t have any IIHF or WJC trophies shown on his player, but if my memory serves me right IIHF awards were only added “recently” and they haven’t been automatically awarded for all the past wins so we might be working with bit incomplete data here *(This might have changed while I was away). To stay with the topic of international games we also have 19 WJC golds pretty evenly distributed by 13 users, only @CptSquall has won it more than twice with total of 4 WJC golds during his time on site.

But what about the Challenge Cup you might ask? That is the second most won award within the group with total of 36 won and while L4E is at the top of this too with 7 wins the difference to others isn’t as huge as both @Tylar and @Nike have won 5 cups. 13 of the 21 users have won the cup at least once and 9 of them multiple times. Looking down to Juniors we see only 14 Four Star Cups shared between 10 users.

So we can see that Cups and Golds are fairly common but there are few awards that only few of this group have achieved. L4E has made it to the Hall of Fame twice, joined by @Mayuu and already mentioned karey and Nike who all have all one Hall of Fame career behind them.

Other pretty rare awards are badges given for years on site. L4E and Tylar are two of the 16 members who have already spent 10 years on the league with other 6 users pushing it over 5 years on this draft class. 2000 TPE has been reached by 9 users all who have done it once.

But even with his 24 total awards there is something that has eluded the L4E, that is the League MVP which has only been won by @LordBirdman.

Also special mentions to LordBirdman who has 2 Golden Donation badges, @Wearingabear, @charlieconway and @Justice who all too have some donation awards that likely help to keep this place running.
For those interested I’ll leave full table below.

[Image: deepdive1.png]

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Nice!

RETIRED

Pope Coswi the Four Star Cup prodigy

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Hmm, I didnt realize that not many people, at least in this Draft Class. Win WJC Gold.

Otherwise approved, +5 TPE to @puolivalmiste

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]