Create Account

S72 PT #0: Trades, Trades, Trades

WRITTEN TASK: Tell me about your favorite trade tree! This can either be in the SHL or in real professional hockey, and does not have to involve your team.

My personal favorite trade tree is probably the Eric Lindros trade tree. In my opinion that could be one of the most over hyped trades of all time. Yes that is probably a big reason why Colorado won two of their cups but I don't see why it was such a hyped trade. I think that the flyers gave up way too much for Lindros. I don't have too much more to say on that trade to be honest as it just wasn't that good in my eyes. Colorado gained many good players and assets throughout the trade tree that makes their side way better. Colorado got many steals out of this trade and would probably do it again and again.The flyers on the other hand did get a good player but gave up too much for it to be considered a good trade in my eyes.

It's really a strange thing for a team to trade their captain. I'm not sure I'll ever get over the Rangers trading Ryan Callahan, I'm not completely sure what was going through their heads. Sure, we got Martin St. Louis back in the trade and he was probably the best player on the market at that time. But that felt just like breaking an unwritten rule. Callahan was a great leader and everything a team could want in a captain, so I'm not sure how that he was deemed fitting for a trade piece, even to acquire some serious help. I guess the Lightning's asking price for their aging star was quite high, and MSL helped us in the stretch run and the playoffs but sometimes I cannot help but wonder what could've been. Ryan Callahan will always be the captain I think of first, despite that wild trade

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Prompt 2

The most necessary trade for Texas is to trade Lil Bergy. Why you say? Why me, the newest captain of the Texas Renegades would like to trade Lil Bergy, one of our most recent call-up? Well, it’s simply because it is to damn hot outside. Have you ever gone to Texas? It’s as hot as Dirty Boots, the most magnificent and the prettiest man in all Texas @CapnCooper. Even Sean Paul is impressed with how hot is Boots and the state of Texas. Anyways, so we have to stay cool and hydrated and Lil Bergy would be traded for a pack of freezers, some cold beers and a 5kg bag of pucks. With this temperature, Sorry Lil Berg, I still love you, but it’s for the team. DAD will always love you, especially when I’ll be drinking that great cold beer we got thanks to your trade and think about you all the time <3

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

Code:
WRITTEN TASK: Tell me about the worst trade your team has ever made. This can be your SHL team, or any professional hockey team you cheer for in real life. If you choose your SHL team, please don't use this to flame your GM - they're doing their best!

From a personal perspective there have been a couple irl hockey trades that I never lied.

The Arizona Coyotes traded Anthony Duclair to the Blackhawks for Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin. I always liked Duclair as a player, so it was tragic to see him get traded away. However as a new Panthers fan I also loved seeing him there, until he got traded away from there as well. Why do all the teams I follow keep trading away my boy Dulcair? What's that all about...

The Coyotes also trading away Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Conner Garland was mad wack. OEL was a staple of the Coyotes when i started watching hockey and I always like what Garland brough to a struggling Coyotes side.

Most of these trades I feel negative towards because they involve players I like. I don't get to watch too much hockey, so I really don't follow how well players are playing all to well.

[158 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

This is the story of how the saint louis blues obtained the bitchiest goalie of all time. Jordan Binnington. The story starts in 1990, the blues sent FIVE, you read that right, FIVE first rounds picks to the washington capitals in exchange for Scott Stevens. Fast forward a few months later. Stevens was sent to the new jersey devils, by and arbitrator, for compensation for the blues obtaining Brendan Shanahan from NJ. Fast forward, the year is 1995, Brendan Shanahan is shipped of to the hartford whalers in exchange for the amazing Chris Pronger. Unfortunately Pronger was only with the blues until 2005 when he was traded to the edmonton oilers for Eric Brewer (and Doug Lynch and Jeff Woywitka who are unimportant in this story and in hockey). This story is about to end. We have arrived in 2011. Eric Brewer is shipped off to the tampa bay lightning for a 3rd round pick in the 2011 draft to obtain Jordan Binnington.... And thats the story of how the blues suck at trades.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Written Task:

This trade was the dumbest thing ever that the Oilers did in their franchise. Of course there was a lot of other stuff that backfired on the oilers such as the Nail Yakupov pick. But this trade was so bad, the person who got traded away literally cried of disbelief. The trade I am talking about is in 1988, when Peter Pocklington "didn't get enough cash" so he and the Edmonton Oilers traded away the face of the city and franchise Wayne Gretzky for a center which was Jimmy Carson and a left winger; Martin Gelinas. Both players were not even as good as what the Los Angeles got in return. You could argue that Jimmy Carson did have an one hundred point season with Edmonton in his first season, but after he got so much pressure into him by the Canadians he requested a trade to Detroit the next year after just four games played.

[Image: hbtB38x.png][Image: Screenshot_2024-07-25_171622.png?ex=66a4...56461ae57&]
                               Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic and Jaypc8237 for the sigs!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

PBE PT because i couldn't name a single player, much less trade, in the league

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Written Task Prompt 1: One of the most infamous and often cited as the worst trades in NHL history is the trade involving Wayne Gretzky, widely considered one of the greatest hockey players of all time. The trade occurred on August 9, 1988, and involved the Edmonton Oilers, Los Angeles Kings, and other teams. Wayne Gretzky was traded from the Edmonton Oilers to the Los Angeles Kings in a multi-player deal that sent Gretzky, along with Mike Krushelnyski and Marty McSorley, to the Kings in exchange for Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, three first-round draft picks, and cash. The trade was met with shock and disbelief by fans and players alike. Gretzky had won four Stanley Cups with the Oilers and had an incredible impact on the growth of hockey in Edmonton and Canada as a whole. His departure from Edmonton was an emotional and significant moment in hockey history. Gretzky went on to have a successful career with the Los Angeles Kings, but the trade is often considered lopsided in favor of the Kings. The Oilers used the draft picks they acquired to select future NHL players, but none of them reached the level of Gretzky's greatness.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2023, 10:16 PM by Shmurph. Edited 1 time in total.)

Prompt 1 Graphic

[Image: krArayZ.png]

[Image: 7u6by4.jpg]

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

My favorite trade happened in the 2016 draft when the Carolina Hurricanes traded for Teuvo Teravainen and Bryan Bickell. Hurricanes were still a few seasons from ending their playoff drought, but this was a fun trade that brought one of my new favorites to Carolina. The Hurricanes gave up 2nd and 3rd round picks. Bickell’s contract was not working out for Chicago, so offloading that contract onto Carolina required giving up a good player like Teravainen for the few drop picks. Bickell only played 11 games as a Hurricane, retiring being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. The retirement game was emotional as Bickell scored a goal in the over time shootout. That was a real touching moment in the midst of an eventless season. Getting Teravainen was a great job by the general manage, Francis was GM back then I think? Moves like this helped the Hurricanes find their return to the playoffs eventually. I remember back in 2012 on draft day thinking the Hurricanes might take a crack at him, but the Hurricanes traded their pick during the draft.

Kahn pbe

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

The trade that brought me to Atlanta undoubtedly ranks among the worst decisions made in the Inferno's history. As a player, I brought neither the skills nor the experience required to contribute positively on the ice thing. My lackluster performance, coupled with a glaring absence of leadership, cast a dark shadow over the team's prospects.

My shortcomings were glaringly apparent from the outset. I struggled to keep up with the pace of the game, failed to execute even the most basic plays, and displayed a notable lack of hockey IQ. My presence on the roster disrupted the team's chemistry, causing frustration among teammates who expected a significant impact from the acquisition.
In hindsight, it is evident that the trade for me was ill-advised and fueled by unrealistic expectations. The management's failure to assess my abilities accurately proved detrimental to the team's success. The trade serves as a cautionary tale, emphasizing the importance of thorough evaluation and due diligence before acquiring new talent.

[Image: hopoate.png]

PROMPT 2

My favorite trade tree in the NHL has to be the Wayne Gretzky trade tree. In 1988, the greatest player in the history of professional hockey was traded from the Edmonton Oilers to the Los Angeles Kings. The original trade was Wayne Gretzky, Mike Krushelnyski, and Marty McSorley going to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, a 1989 first round pick (which was Jason Miller), a 1991 first round pick (which was Martin Rucinsky), a 1993 first round pick (which was Nick Stajduhar) and $15 million. Over the years, players and/or picks were traded that kept this trade alive for a whopping 34 years. It wasn’t until Nelson Nogier decided to sign a contract with the Barys Nur-Sultan of the KHL on September 13, 2022 that this trade tree finally came to an end. You can find graphics and videos that break this trade tree down that show just how enormous it actually was.

[160 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: kPo7Awc.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]

PBE Affiliate PT +3 TPE

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Prompt 2: Steve Dangle Content

Written Task: Tell me about your favorite trade tree! This can either be in the SHL or in real professional hockey, and does not have to involve your team.

So I am going to talk about a trade tree which is a pretty small one, that being my own J trade tree. Of course it starts with the Yukon Malamutes getting me in the S70 J draft with the Detroit 1st round pick (13th OA). The Yukon got this pick after a trade with Detroit, where Yukon only got that pick, but Detroit got the S70 Yukon 2nd round (16th OA), and the Yukon S72 3rd round (40th OA).

Let’s look at this 16th OA first, as it is a S70 pick. This pick got used by Detroit to pick up Theodore Svatos, who later was involved in a trade with Yukon where Yukon got Theodore Svatos, and Detroit got Yukon’s S71 1st pick (11th OA), and Dan Geer. Dan Geer came from the S67 waiver wire where Geer got picked up by Yukon. The S71 1st round pick got used to pick up The Murray who as of yet hasn’t been traded yet.

This isn’t the full trade though, as you still got that Yukon S72 3rd round (40th OA) that Detroit got. This one was involved in a trade where Detroit got the Kelowna S72 3rd round (32 OA) pick, while Kelowna got both the Yukon 3rd round (40th), and the Carolina 3rd round (37th) picks.

First off that Carolina 3rd round pick obviously was involved in a trade before this one happened. That was a trade where Carolina got Sith Happens who was a S71 Waiver Wire pick-up, while Kelowna got the Carolina S72 3rd round pick.

That Kelowna 3rd round pick ended up being Gavin Harrison, The Yukon 3rd round pick became Daniel Durkburg, while the 3rd pick in this trade in (the Carolina 3rd round) ended up drafting David Soupre.

296 words

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]