Create Account

S72 PT #0: Trades, Trades, Trades

prompt 2

[Image: pt0.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2023, 06:53 AM by jj2416. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=611008- PBE Affiliate

[Image: dc24.png]

Quote:WRITTEN TASK: Tell me about the worst trade your team has ever made. This can be your SHL team, or any professional hockey team you cheer for in real life. If you choose your SHL team, please don't use this to flame your GM - they're doing their best!

Well first of all, let me thank you for bringing up some traumatic events as a Canuck fan. Let's see. Worst trade? Should I go with Cam Neely for Barry Pederson in 1986? I was only 9 at the time though and I wasn't really a Canuck fan yet. So I think I will go with a more recent disaster.

Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Eriksson the Goat? You mentioned worst trades. Well before we can talk about the trade we need to discuss the worst free agent signing first. Loui Eriksson signed with the Vancouver Canucks for $36 million over 6 years. Little did Jar Jar Benning know that Loui would turn out to be a member of the dark side. The six years dragged on as the Darth Eriksson drained the Canucks lifeblood before one final dark spell. A trade. The trade. One that was suppose to bring balance to the team but instead it brought us only more darkness by the name of Oliver Ekman-Larsson. An evil so abysmal that it needed to be cauterize completely from the team to fully heal.

The team is unlikely to survive.

[ 194 words ]

[Image: uZXUIMk.png]

PBE Affiliate

SSL Affiliate Claim because the only bad trades I can think of are me trading for draft picks on NHL 08 and not panning out.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Prompt 1

You know I am not the most invested fan as I could be and I have really only followed the sport within the last few years, so to me most trades take a while to pan out to really get the scope of it. So I looked at some articles about older trades that the Nashville Predators did, and one that stuck to me was a trade they did with Ottawa during the 2008 draft. Ottawa traded up 3 spots to the 15 overall pick and in return, Nashville traded down to 18 overall and received Ottawa's 3rd Round pick in next year's draft. On the face, it isn't a terrible deal depending on the market that season, but with that pick, Ottawa selected Erik Karlsson. Yes, the 3-time Norris Winner, and who did Nashville pick out of those draft picks? Chet Pickard, a goalie who never played in an NHL game, and Taylor Beck who never made any lasting impact on any NHL franchise and currently plays in Europe.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Oh boy, there have been a couple tragic trades in the glorious history of the Montreal Canadians, but being of the age that I am, I can only go so far back as to when I became aware they existed and became a fan, for better or for worse. Immediately upon reading this prompt, it shifted to one specific trade, the one that saw us trade away what would become a franchise defenseman and team captain for the receiving side and where we’d get a 7 million dollar goal player, a total flop and a half, the man, the myth, the legend, Scott Gomez. What seemed like a trade for a proven scorer, his arrival in Montreal would mark what can only be considered as the drop off of a century over his three seasons where he’d infamously go a full calendar year without a goal, whereas Ryan McDonough would captain the rangers for the better part of the 2010’s, anchoring that defensive core and being an absolute treat for them. Ugh.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2023, 09:00 AM by DorkDipplet.)

PBE Affliate Claim

DirkDigglet -> DorkDipplet

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]

One of my favorite trades ever is  between the St. Louis Blues and the Washington Capitals. On July 2nd 2015 the  St. Louis Blues and the Washington Capitals decided on a trade would send one of my favorite players to the Washington Capitals. Washington sent to the St. Louis Blues Troy Brower and Pheonix Copley along with a 2016 third round  pick for TJ Oshie. The third round pick would end up being Garrett Pilon. Now The reason I like this trade so much is due to my appreciation for TJ Oshie as a player. He plays hard on both ends of the ice and was a pivotal piece of their team when the Washington Capitals won the Stanley Cup  in 2018. Tj Oshie has been a part of the Washington team for 8 seasons and has racked up an impressive 180 goals and 180 assists. This totals 360 points over his career, an impressive number for sure.

Foil Up Boys
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2023, 09:51 AM by golden_apricot. Edited 2 times in total.)

no team i have been on has made a trade that is really awful, outside of the one trade where for some reason teh team decided to trade FOR fucking gabe. This trade changed the direction of the team for years to come irl and nothing good has happened in that LR since gabe arrived. for some reason people tend to allow him to talk still which is crazy to even thing about but here we are today. that said at least they didnt give up much for him. now the worst trades on the site typically dont have players involved, outside of the massive MCZ trade which MIN still, to this day, has not recovered from. the worst trades involve cap and retention not being valued at all, or meaningfully, which allows for super teams to form. as someone who was assisitng in managing one of these teams, we activly prayed on poorly run franchises who undervaluded cap.

PBE Affil PT

PBE Affiliate PT

What would be the worst trade I have ever done? I feel like there are some that I got somewhat forced to even though I massively disliked doing so, like trading Schwarz to NOLA in the wake of her FA run, or much earlier trading out Jeffie because he is a bum and wouldn't tell me he wants to go to Detroit (I actually don't remember what happened, but I choose to blame him, not me as the great GM I am), but I struggle to come up with an outright terrible trade mostly because I don't remember things well, and also because I guess I haven't done an oopsie big enough to permanently burn into my brain as such. I have certainly done my share of fuckups in draft, but trading is something I do somewhat seldomly and I don't have a massive pool of trades to pick from really.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

The worst trade that the Buffalo Sabres ever made was when they sent The Dominator, Dominik Hasek to the Detroit Red Wings. The Sabres picked up Kozlof and a 1st round pick that would end up being used to select Jim Slater, who wouldn't even play a single game for the Sabres. Hasek would go on to well... dominate with the Red Wings. Kozlof only played for one season for the Sabres, and only put up 22 points in 38 games. Both players would end up playing for the now defunct Atlanta Thrashers. While the Sabres were able to grab Ryan Miller and do well for themselves in the next few seasons, would the Sabres have captured a cup with Hasek in net instead of Miller? The 2006-07 season was great but plagued by injuries at the end. That season, Hasek posted a 2.04 GAA and a 0.913 save percentage. Miller would have a 2.73 GAA and a 0.911 save percentage. Maybe that could've been the difference.

Update PageWhalers | Monarchs | Player Page

[Image: T96UlnW.png]

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

WRITTEN TASK

There is obviously some recency bias here but the rangers have made some pretty bad trades in the past seasons. I knew I hated this trade from the start when we traded pavel buchnevich for sammy blais and a second round pick. The rationale behind trading buchnevich was solid, we likely couldn't afford him long term, and trading him allows for the younger players to get more ice time (which they did not really get, that's a whole other thing). But the return for him is what stings. I don't think blais scored any goals for the rangers. Some of it was out of our control when blais got injured early on in his first season, but it was still a very underwhelming return for a very good player in buchnevich. He was one of my favorite rangers at the time, and he had really good chemistry with kreider and zibanejad. it would've been super cool to work some salary cap magic to keep him around but I think we all knew he had to go eventually. Just sucks that we end up with a lackluster return.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]