Create Account

S72 PT #0: Trades, Trades, Trades

Prompt 1
Probably the worst trade I have ever seen has to be the trade that involves me. I was drafted 1st overall in the SMJHL to the Newfoundland Berserkers. I had a good rookie season and ended up getting drafted 8th overall to the Edmonton Blizzard. The GM of the Blizzard told me several times how he never thought I'd even fall below the fifth pick and how lucky he would be to pick me. Well I did fall and he picked me. Things were going well until in my 3rd junior season the Edmonton GM reached out and told me I was going to be traded to New England, having never played a game with Edmonton. Better yet it was for some guy I've never even heard of named Eggward Elric. Well after getting the news I went out and won a 4 Star Cup with the Berserkers and put up 20 points in the playoffs. I got my cup, can't say the same for Edmonton though.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

One of the most infamous trades in NHL history is the trade between the Edmonton Oilers and the Los Angeles Kings in 1988. The Oilers traded their young superstar Wayne Gretzky, along with Mike Krushelnyski and Marty McSorley, to the Kings in exchange for Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, $15 million in cash, and future draft picks. Wayne Gretzky, often referred to as "The Great One," was widely considered the best hockey player in the world at that time and was a key figure in the Oilers' multiple Stanley Cup victories. The trade shocked the hockey world and devastated Oilers fans. In the aftermath of the trade, the Oilers' performance suffered, and they struggled to find a player who could match Gretzky's impact on and off the ice. Meanwhile, Gretzky went on to have a successful stint with the Kings, further solidifying his legendary status in the sport. The trade remains controversial and is often cited as one of the worst trades in NHL history due to the immense impact Gretzky had on the game and the Edmonton Oilers franchise. While trades can be a part of any sports team's strategy, this one stands out as particularly painful for the Oilers and their fans.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Prompt #1

This is always an interesting question, as I feel we have been pretty fortunate so far with some of the trades we have made.
I remember distinctly being told we made some very poor trades at the beginning of my tenure as a manager and ultimately, those were moves we had to make, not a choice of our own.  Looking back though, even though the returns were small, they became small little foundational pieces that helped the club move forward into a new generation of talent.

That being said, as a user, I feel like all trades "feel bad" when they are being made.  I've traded away some great friends during my time as a manager and it always hurts to see.  I love to sit and peer into those players new homes and see how they are doing, and love when I get to watch another user find success in a new club, especially in a way they may have been unable to find success with us at that time.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

The absolute worst trade the Canucks have ever made, with no doubt in my mind, has to be by far the one that resulted in OEL coming over.

Here's the breakdown:

The Canucks give Antoine Roussel, Jay Beagle, and the 6 million dollar meme machine himself Loui Eriksson, all who were in the final years of their contracts, as well as the 9th overall pick in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft, a pick who turned out to be Dylan Guenther, a pick the next year, 2022, in the second round, and a 2023 7th rounder (why?).

In exchange, they received OEL (12% retained?? 15% was too much hey?) and the signing rights to Conor Garland.

As we all know Canucks just bought out OEL, thankfully, but that trade set us back so far back and for what? OEL I love him, but was never gonna be the player he was. It was an atrocious contract, unreal that Benning couldn't get more than 12% retention, the three contracts we sent back were in the final year. Literally doing nothing would have been so much better.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

ill be honest, trades arent something i keep a close eye on so i had to do a bit of research. i didnt really know of any trades that were considered bad, but i did have a trade in the back of my mind. as a freshly new fan of hockey and my home state team i have a slight recollection of the Bruins trading away Tyler Seguin and, while i was focused more on learning the game at that time, seeing how his career has turned out down the line i always wondered why we got rid of him. so what exactly did Boston get in return? along with Seguin they shipped out Peverley and Button while acquiring Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith, Joe Morrow and Matt Fraser. Loui did okay in his time here and i did enjoy Reilly Smith, though he seemed to hit his stride later in his career with other teams. Joe Morrow is a name im vaguely familiar with and Matt Fraser even less so. considering what Seguin has done id much rather have him, so needless to say this is probably one of the worst trades ive witnessed since following the Bruins.

[198 words]

Prompt 1

The worst trade in recent history that I can think of for my favourite team (The Ottawa Senators) was when they traded away Mika Zibanejad and a 2nd for Derick Brassard and a 7th. I see why it got done too. A team looking to push itself over the edge and get better shot at the Cup trading away an (at the time) lackluster much younger centre for a play off proven vet makes sense. You're supposed to send assets away when you're trying to load up although sending the second along didn't make sense at all. The basis of the trade did though. Make no mistake though, I'm not shitting on Brassard as he was great for what he was worth but he was already getting over the hill and after what Zibanejad turned into. A solid, if very streaky first line centre, the Senators definitely got hosed in the long run.

153 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

It was the S65 SHL Draft. Philadelphia Forge GM Acsolap was at his table, ready to lie in wait for whomever would be there at the Forge pick in the middle of the round. Philadelphia's rebuild following expansion was going very well, and at the pace they were going they would be a contender in no time. Suddenly, he gets word from assistant GM Gurbs that the Buffalo Stampede was about to trade up to 3rd overall with New England and take Ricky Koivu. This would surely make the usually stable Buffalo the new laughing stock of the league, but thats when Acsolap leans down and snorts another line of coke: "Fuck it, I'm gonna leapfrog them". Despite the immediate protests of his assistant staff, Acsolap already has the Calgary Dragons on the line. "2 1sts and a 2nd, let's do it" he said to the horror of the Forge table. Buffalo, and especially New England, were stunned by this atrocity of a move, and it is one that has haunted the Forge franchise to this day. (178 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

WRITTEN TASK: Tell me about the worst trade your team has ever made. This can be your SHL team, or any professional hockey team you cheer for in real life. If you choose your SHL team, please don't use this to flame your GM - they're doing their best!

Let me tell you about my GM....just kidding! He's great! I would be more than happy to discuss the disaster that is my Vancouver Canucks though. Has anyone ever seen a team consistently make soooo many bad trades. I can't even blame it on any 1 GM because it seems like every team through the ages has absolutely fleeced us at least once. Jim Benning was the latest train wreck and the current management regime hasn't convinced me that they can make deals that will overall positively change this team. I guess that last disaster would be the much talked about buyout of Oliver Ekman-Larsson. Why in god green earth would we trade for a player with such an albatross of a contract when the GM was already in hot water and should have rightly lost his job sometime before. That was a big whoopsie daisy by ownership to allow that trade to pass through. Oh god just thinking about it all makes me want to go curl up on the couch. If you'll excuse me.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

NY favorite trade was Tom fiddler for nothing and getting Tom fiddler from giving up nothing these boys made my day as a. Competitor' that Liles to play and get up for games and what not like as a guy that picks up his stick in the morning I also like to pick up my noggin because sometimes I just cram to much info in there then I can barely move and it's not fun to not be able to kove because fiddler always there trying to make me lose my mind. If you could even find yourself buried between dumb stuff then maybe you could take my hand someplace and give it to a baby. Where has fiddler even been he probably loves Joe biden now cuz he not a real leftist like me he was also a man in Nantucket and these things are far from perfect. Where have u been oh young fitted come home to we're the dandlielions play and waters milk hello my babe

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Far and away the worst trade in Hamilton Steelhawks history was the 1 for 1 trade of whatever Jss' last player was for Sarah Burke. That trade basically ended Hamilton's dominance, and lacking a top end defenseman lead to us tearing down the team a few seasons early to start a rebuild. In all honesty it was probably a good thing becasue I think if we won another championship it would've been a full blown revolt in GM chat with me and Hallsy being burned at the stake for devil magic/having high strength and puckhandling. It was also good because it lead to hamilton loading up with a lot of old friends/server members who hadn't been on the team in a long time. So I guess its a terrible trade on ice, but a good trade for team morale, even though JSS didn't have anything to do with the morale? I don't know man that was juts so dumb.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Prompt 2:

Back in June of 2010, the Ottawa Senators traded the 16th overall pick in the draft to the St. Louis Blues for a young David Rundblad. This pick ended up being Vladimir Tarasenko, and Rundblad ended up being a bust, which stung a lot for Sens fans. That was, until just over a year later when the Senators traded Rundblad to Arizona for Kyle Turris, in a "both players need a change of scenery" move. This worked out for Ottawa and Turris, while Rundblad fizzled out, spending most of his time in the AHL before eventually being traded for a second round pick (which, interestingly, ended up being another pretty good player in Christian Dvorak). Years later, Kyle Turris would be the main piece Ottawa sent in a three-way trade with Colorado and Nashville that landed them Matt Duchene. He didn't really work out with Ottawa, and ended up being traded away as a rental to Columbus for a bunch of young promising players, none of which panned out. Duchene would also end up signing with Nashville and playing alongside Turris, and both would end up bought out by that very team. The most interesting thing about all this, thirteen years after the initial trade is made, everything comes full circle with Vladimir Tarasenko signs a one year deal to play in Ottawa's top 6.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]
Portal
Portal

the hamilton steelhawks are known for being a well run machine and they do things good that other teams can only dream of but let me tell you there are some dark pasts in this team things that you will never even hear of because they get burried underneath all the success and good things that this hockey club has done over the last few years. but here i am now to open up the curtains and unfail there dark bad trades from the past lets start of with one that is known as the the tom donald trade and it is bad. so back in s49 the steelhawks traded for this man and he took over everytihgn and he turned all the water dark into poiisned mess. this has been going on too long. he has infultrated every inch of the room aquiring bad things to produce more and more. this trade should not have happened. and now we are in the dark time line.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

I'm sad when we trade anyone from the team in SHL or on my SMJHL team, but I'm really happy when users stick around the locker room despite their players being currently active and on another team. It makes it feel like we've built something stronger than just hoping our fake hockey team does well and that's really cool. I especially love when those people have pets and I get to see more pets pictures. I think it's like dudes in the NHL still hanging out and going to each other's events despite being cities and sometimes countries away. I think no matter what the platform is, once you've made connections with people and those connections last even when the platform is gone, that's a good feeling. I always worry a little when a trade happens, if I'll still see that user in the locker room, and when I do, it feels really great!

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Since I have been a Red Wings fan they have had two GMs Ken Holland and Steve Yzerman, while both GMs have pulled off good trades, Ken Holland is at fault for the worst trade I've seen as a Wings fan, It hasn't entirely Holland's fault as the Wings were still contenders but their defense was getting old in a hurry, Brian Ralfaski had just retired and Nick Lidstrom had a couple of seasons left. So Holland decided to trade a prospect and a 1st round draft pick for Kyle Quincey. Quincey has known as a solid Defensive Defenseman who's point totals were laughable bad. He played four seasons in Detroit playing a full 82 game season just once and never had 20 points in a season if us. Quincey was originally drafted by the Wings getting in a few games before getting waived. He wasn't worth anywhere near a 1st round pick which Tampa used to pick a Russian goalie named Andrie Vasilevskiy.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Prompt 1:
[Image: NOj9l4Y.jpg]

[Image: iG4vpsb.jpeg]
Credit to @Symmetrik
[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]