Create Account

S72 PT #1: Above-Average Ambassador

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Please note that the "Story Mode" tag does NOT mean that you must make some overarching plot or tie your tasks together to receive TPE. You are also NOT committed to one prompt chain - feel free to hop between them from week to week!

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Alien Space Bats

Written Task: The night before opening day, your player is contacted by extraterrestrials. They have seen broadcasts of this hu-mon sport of "Ho'Kii" and want you to teach their crew the rules. How does your player teach the game? Are the aliens any good at it? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Draw an alien in a hockey jersey.

PLAYER PROMPT - Preseason Prep

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's preseason routine. How do they get ready for training camp? How seriously do they take the preseason? Are they going all out to keep an iron grip on their roster spot? Do they coast to save their strength for the real games? Somewhere in between? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player lacing up before the first game of the season!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Monday, August 7th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S73, that's not you.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

Creative Prompt

Dear diary, I am on a spaceship and I'm a hockey coach to aliens right now. First I freaked out, but after I understood that the aliens really mean no harm to me and simply want to learn about the great sport of "Ho'Kii", I tried to do my best to explain it. At least communication seems to be no problem, just their pronunciation is a bit odd. The aliens brought me to their version of a holodeck and I made them create an ice rink, split up the group of aliens into two teams and we even somehow '3D-printed' (or whatever you want to call the technology they're using) gear for all of them. They do look a little funny since they have six legs and four arms, but they might be able to use speed to their advantage. The aliens are really eager to learn, but they are so fast that I can't even see how quickly they shoot the puck and how quickly the goalie makes a save. I'm afraid the more I teach them, the faster they learn and if we're not careful they might want to take over our human league and they're definitely better than us. Unfortunately, they're a bit violent and destroy their sticks or eat them when they don't score. Sometimes the goalies eat the pucks too, I need to tell them not to do that anymore, because the other team says that should count as a goal. I should also train some refs. Will report back more later.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

player prompt - preseason prep

throughout last season Alexandros focused on bulking up a bit so this pre season he simply maintained his strength and focused on other areas to improve. the focus he decided on was his playmaking, shooting ability and read on offense and defense. He spent hours every morning taking shots at small targets in the training facility to try to improve his accuracy and aim for shooting and passes before getting trainers and teammates to help him by receiving his passes during the day. When it was time for a rest he would stand back and watch how his teammates moved about the ice. The way they entered the zone, how they tried to fake out goalies and how the defense would try to stop them, replaying them in his mind for next season to prepare himself to adapt to other teams offense and defense. Once this was all done of course he would have a hearty meal and a good nights rest. Alexandros treats the pre-season just as seriously as the regular season and will put in his all on and off the ice.

Preseason Prep

Austin Morley takes the offseason and preseason just as serious and intense as he does the regular season. He has always been a grinder and a gym rat. He has that "first one in, last one out" type of mentality and that isn't something that just turns off during the offseason. During this offseason, Morley worked his hardest on being in game shape as he prepared for a hopefully expanded role on the team. Things like strength, balance, and agility were important to focus on to be able to keep up with his opponents on the ice. Offensively, Morley primarily worked on his passing ability as he hopes to be a facilitator for his teammates on the ice. Defensively he focused on his stick checking ability as he hopes to disrupt his opponent's ability to score as much as he can. Morley knows that roster spots are earned and not given, so he puts out his full effort every time he steps on to the ice to show his team (coaches, GMs, and teammates) that they can count on him. (180 words)

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Creative Prompt

Oh boy, more aliens have come to learn hockey! What a throwback to the early years of Sato's career where Narboza Manyhands (@nyumbayangu <3) came to Vancouver to play defense for them. From experience, aliens are quick learners of the sport and their additional limbs make it a lot easier for them to grip the stick. In particular, their curiosity is probably their best trait so they are quick to analyze the game, pick it up, as well as learn the different tactics and plays of the game. The hardest thing to learn is probably skating, I mean who didn't struggle with skating when they first started playing hockey? As a result, Sato will be helping them with intensive skating lessons during his free time, with the help of his own skating coach. With the hardwork, analysis and training, I'm sure the aliens will pick up the game in no time and I look forward to seeing them in the league.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

How would I teach an alien how to play or even watch hockey? Well, I think it starts with the fact that you just hit people as much as possible. I don't even care if they have the little disc that goes around the ice, I think you just hit everyone and anyone you can at all times. I think it should be pretty easy from there. I mean, what else do you want to really know? You just hit people and hit people hard. I think it's pretty easy. Who cares about the scoring stuff and winning stuff? No one cares about that, you just need to just hit people and make sure they don't score or anything. If you end up in the box where you cannot get out, that is just for snack time. We have snacks in there to eat so it's just a fun place to live and be for 2 minutes to eat as many snacks as you can.

Words: 169

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

On the eve of opening day, Alexander Minaj receives an astounding message from extraterrestrial beings who have come across broadcasts of the intriguing hu-mon sport, "Ho'Kii." Honored by the opportunity to share his passion, Alex eagerly accepts the task of teaching the aliens the rules of the game. With enthusiasm and a dash of humor, Alex uses a mix of hand-drawn diagrams and holographic projections to explain the fundamental rules of Ho'Kii. He demonstrates the art of skating, shooting, and passing, emphasizing the importance of teamwork and strategy. Recognizing the potential language barrier, Alex resorts to a universal gesture of camaraderie, a high-five, to celebrate goals and foster mutual understanding. To his astonishment, the aliens prove to be quick learners and demonstrate a natural aptitude for Ho'Kii. Their unique physiology and advanced technologies give them an edge on the ice, leading to some spectacular moves that leave even Alex in awe. With their remarkable adaptability and teamwork, the extraterrestrial crew develops a deep appreciation for the sport.

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

PBE affiliate:
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=612267

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

PT PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

The aliens actually tried reaching out to another alien friend with the same name of "Zedward" (must be a common alien name) but accidentally messaged Zedward Zilliams. Zedward was confused at first, but was well aware that the statistical probabilities that aliens existed in the universe was very high, so it makes sense. Zedward began by showing the aliens Youtube, and they were fascinated by videos such as "Gangnam Style" and "Baby Shark." But there are many hockey tutorials about learning the basics of hockey and the rules. But the aliens were most interested in learning how to skate. So Zedward told them to come to Detroit and signed them up for skating lessons. The instructor was concerned about their glowing purple bodies, but Zedward just said they were about to leave to Coachella and it all made sense. The aliens loved the feeling of skating, but once Zedward showed them hockey sticks and pucks, they quickly turned dangerous. They used the hockey equipment as weapons and began attacking the children trying to learn hockey, so Zedward left and hoped someone else would call the cops.

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]