Create Account

S72 PT #1: Above-Average Ambassador

Player Prompt

Well now that I am entering my 15th season in the league, a lot has changed in my preparation and how I approach the off season, and preseason. When I was young, it was a lot of off season training, hitting the weights, trying to get bigger and stronger. Getting on the ice again as early as August and working on my skating ability. Pre season was a time to show my skills, and what I could bring to the team in order to make the roster and move up the line up. Now that I am in my 15th season, it is more about taking the off season easy, more rest and more work to keep the body in shape and not over working myself. That way when I come into camp my body is rested and not burnt out. My role during preseason is about leadership and teaching the younger players the correct way to play the game. A mentorship role is the best way to put it.

170+

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Answering for the player prompt:

Vaseline Podcalzone is going into his 14th pre-season with the Seattle Argonauts. At this point in his career, so much of it feels like routine, almost automatic even. At the end of the day, however, there is no denying just how much he misses the ice during the off-season. Pre-season is a very refreshing time for Podz. However, he understands that at this point in his playing career, he doesn't have that same relentless energy that he had as a rookie, and thus understands the importance of pacing himself during pre-season. Getting injured in pre-season would not be ideal.

So, for a veteran player like Podz, it's all about getting back into the swing of things. He kept his conditioning up over the off-season, but now it's all about getting back up to speed with the fast paced tempo that is SHL level hockey. Otherwise, things aren't going to turn up too well come Opening Night.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

PBE Affiliate

One evening, the night before opening day of the SHL regular season, Miguel Hefeweizen is sitting at home, minding his own business. Suddenly the lights flicker and a group of aliens magically appear in Miguel's living room. After screaming like a small child, Miguel calms down enough to figure out these aliens are trying to get him to teach them the game of hockey. Miguel shows them a few videos of hockey games, and then they play a few games on his Xbox, the Aliens appear to have gotten the general idea of how the game works. The problem begins when Miguel tries to get them to hold a hockey stick. Unfortunately, the aliens have only 3 fingers and have great difficulty holding on. The aliens have even more problems once Miguel tries to fit them for skates. These aliens don't seem to have any balance at all. After several frustrating hours, the aliens simply disappear. Miguel wakes up in his bed the next morning, wondering about the weird dream he had about trying to teach aliens hockey.
180 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: 3NfeQdx.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2023, 05:52 PM by trella.)

RIP THUNDERDOME 2013-2023 wakes up on an alien spaceship one night and his first reaction is that he died and would be joining the Thunderdome in bliss forever in the beautiful sim league afterlife. However, that was not the case and honestly he was quite disappointed. The aliens asked him to teach them how to play hockey and I gotta be honest choosing RIP TD out of every player in the SHL was a pretty poor choice. Could have chose Gunnarsson or Allbran or somebody but they chose a trash juniors player. With this in mind I knew these aliens were not very bright, so I showed them how to play golf instead. I dont want extraterrestrials taking over our beautiful game. They can go ruin the trash sport that is golf. Knock yourself out aliens, just dont hit my whip with a golf ball. Alright RIP TD 2013-2023 OUTTTTTTT

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Preseason is the perfect time to get into the habits of the regular season without having the consequences of the regular season. My player treats the preseason exactly the same as any other time of year. Training and practicing as usual at the beginning of the season gives time to adjust anything that might be slightly off before the actual season starts. It gives enough time to warm up and get used to any changes that may have happened in the offseason. There's not as much pressure to perform above expectations to hold onto a roster spot since anyone who over-performs in preseason and earns a spot that they can't sustain will eventually lose their spot anyways compared to someone who consistently performs exactly as expected in both the preseason and regular season. There's also no point in saving strength for the regular season. The effort given over the course of the entire season should be sustainable, so putting in the expected effort during preseason shouldn't affect the overall effort of the regular season.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Holy hell this is some Space Jam X Mighty Ducks shit right here folks!
Who knew that I, Bastien Primeau, would be picked to lead a team of Aliens and coach them about the best sport on the planet hell even the Universe!! I felt it was my duty to teach! It felt like an honor because that would allow for our beautiful sport to be known and spread across the Universe! Not just the planet! The U - Ni - VERSE! This is insane! But I'm totally loving it! It's scary, but thrilling at the same time and what better way to show the other life forms that through sport humanity is able to co-exist and work together as well? This situation is multi-faceted and it's absolutely fascinating. But I digress. Considering who I am dealing with, the basics had to be adapted so that it fits with how they move around so I probably told them how to play deck-hockey which is just as good. I would teach in a comprehensive and patient way, like a parent showing their kids their first steps then with time would crank it up a notch. I wouldn't introduce full-blown contact and fights until the very end if at all ( Especially fights ) to promote health and safety but I wouldn't rule it out or prohibit it. I would make sure they understand that this sport can do without fighting. Would they be any good? They are coached by me! Of course, they will be!

Shl - = - Falcons - = - Patriotes - = - Canada - = - Shl
[Image: eqsu1WN.png]

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Viktor is a serious guy that takes most things very seriously, so it shouldn't come as a surprise at all that he approaches the preseason like the stakes are (almost) as high as the lead up to the postseason. He typically spends all summer keeping in tip top shape like the keener that he is, ready to skate circles around everyone. Up until now it's been a sort of tradition for Vik to head back home to Nova Scotia and train with his uncle, who gleefully pushes Viktor right to the brink whereupon he either pukes or passes out. Sometimes both. Now that he's the captain of a very young San Francisco Pride, he also feels responsible for setting the tone for the season. The rebuild's days are numbered, and soon to be in the team's rear view mirror whether they like it or not. Viktor intends to make sure they're ready, probably/regretfully with some cues from his uncle.

Code:
160 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

PLAYER PROMPT: To prepare for training camp following my summer training, Salzberger usually gets a flight to Atlanta from Norway about a week before the players are required to show up for the first day of training camp, where they go through the physical exam to see that everything is in order. Usually, the players of the team will book ice time at a local arena together without any coach being there so we can get some ice time before the start of the training camp. During training camp, Salzberger mostly focus into getting back into the rhythm to get up to speed with how quick the game goes and after a couple of days, he will slowly up his physical implication to be ready for the first preseason game. During the preseason games, Salzberger will usually try to go as hard as he can without taking any unnecessary risk that could get him injured.

153 words

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Player task:

William Salming has always valued preseason a lot. He is a professional athlete and that's why he will always arrive to the training camp in a good shape. Seattle Argonauts has been one of the most successful preseason teams during Salming's era in the club. They have won about 70% of their preseason matches. Why it is important to have success in those matches? Well, it is crucial to begin every season with a good mindset and attitude. Preseason games are great place to build a foundation which carries you through a long regular season. Preseason games are a place to try different line combos and find chemistries which work between players. I know there are some teams who just use exhibition games to get little bit touch to the game again after a long summer but in Seattle those games have always meant more. And you can you see that the way Argonauts has approached those matches have worked because they have two cups and lots of playoff success in recent years.

[Image: salming.png]

This year was all about adaptation for Elena Maximova because she is playing her first season out of Québec City since entering the SMJHL. She takes preseason as seriously as the regular season but this time it was a little harder to find her footing, playing not only in a different jersey and a different city but most importantly with different teammates. The Scarecrows have been welcoming and have made her importance on the roster clear by placing her on the first pairing with Robin Nyckel and getting so many minutes on the ice has certainly helped her find some chemistry with her new partner. The preseason didn't go as well as the Crows would've liked and the first few games of the season have been rough but there's no reason to be alarmed yet. Luckily fans in St. Louis aren't zealots so the trade that brought Elena to their team still didn't make it to top 10 lists of worst trades of all times. The team will have to pick up the pace and fast if they don't want the season to pass them by, though.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

PLAYER PROMPT

Petr's preseason routine is the same as his off-season, and regular season, and playoff routines. That is endless hard work and treating surgeries like they're pitstops. There is not one day that Petr doesn't spend on the ice, and all that time in skates and working that hard damages the body beyond what natural healing can keep up with. The result, is an assortment of surgeries to replace every body part imaginable, all in the name of making Petr the greatest hockey player of all time and make his body as efficient as possible. This includes plenty of illegal, performance-enhancing surgeries as well, but we need not discuss those. In short, Petr is somewhat of a Ship of Theseus.

Training camp is nothing in comparison to what Petr puts himself through, as for pre-season games, every time Petr takes the ice is an opportunity to give 100% and show the world Petr Svoboda and simultaneously spread the word of Czechia.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Player prompt

Dusty Rhodes doesn't really do a super ton of conditioning to get ready for the preseason. He obviously doesn't have the most athletic build in the SHL. He just mostly works out in the wrestling ring which basically gets his cardivascular system ready for the hockey grind. He does this for the fans primarily since they love to see two sport athletes. I'm sure the New Orleans Spectres aren't real thrilled with Rhodes conditioning methods. This is probably why he doesn't play a very prominent role in the teams games. He is mainly there to intimidate the other team. he does try to work on his offensive abilities but the team hasn't seen fit to give him more of a role there since he was made to kick people's asses. The problem being everyine in the SHL is scared to fight Rhodes so he hasn't really been able to contribute much to the team as of yet. But he's gonna keep wrasslin and bringin it for the fans and he'll be ready to drop the gloves when the time comes during the season.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2023, 09:34 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Prompt 1.

As Julian Flörsch was preparing for the first game of the S72 preseason, something extraordinary happened.

Julian was lying in bed, when he noticed a peculiar light shining through his bedroom window. Startled, he got up to investigate and saw a strange, glowing spacecraft hovering outside. Moments later, he found himself face-to-face with extraterrestrial beings.

The aliens introduced themselves as Zara and Xil, emissaries from a distant planet. Through a unique form of telepathy, they explained that they had traveled light-years to learn the sport of hockey. They had observed Earth from afar and were captivated by the intensity and camaraderie displayed in the game.

Julian was initially taken aback by the situation but quickly realized the potential to bridge the gap between worlds through hockey. He willingly agreed to teach them the intricacies of the sport.

Throughout the night, Julian shared the rules, skills, and strategies of hockey with Zara and Xil. To his amazement, the aliens quickly grasped the fundamentals, displaying incredible natural athleticism. They even invented their version of hockey sticks using their advanced technology.

The following morning, Zara and Xil thanked Julian for his guidance and promised to return someday for a friendly intergalactic hockey match. As they bid farewell, Julian couldn't help but smile, knowing that hockey had become the bridge between worlds, uniting humans and aliens in the spirit of sportsmanship.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty