Create Account

S72 PT #1: Above-Average Ambassador

In the fiercely competitive world of the Simulation Hockey League (SHL), Billy Herrington, a promising rookie forward, finds himself donning the Atlanta Inferno jersey. As the preseason approaches, he knows the significance of training camp and takes his preparations seriously. With unwavering determination, Billy pours his heart and soul into getting ready for the upcoming season. During the offseason, he dedicates extensive hours to improving his physical fitness and refining his hockey skills. When training camp finally arrives, he's all business and fully focused. Arriving early and leaving late, Billy approaches every drill, scrimmage, and practice session with a strong work ethic. He recognizes the value of learning from the seasoned veterans on the team, absorbing their knowledge to elevate his own performance. While he gives his all during the preseason, Billy is mindful of striking a balance between intensity and recovery. He listens to his body and follows the guidance of the coaching staff to stay in top form while avoiding unnecessary risks. For Billy, the preseason is not a time to coast or take things lightly. On the contrary, he views it as an opportunity to prove himself and secure a spot on the roster. With determination in his heart, he competes fiercely to hold onto his coveted place in the team. As the days of preseason pass by, the competition intensifies, and Billy understands the importance of maintaining his focus and dedication. He's committed to making his mark in the SHL and ensuring that the Atlanta Inferno can rely on their rookie forward.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Being a penguin, Adelie was once a complete stranger to the sport himself. You might even say it was alien to him originally. It took a ton of hard work and dedication to learn hockey and to get into shape to play, but it is likely Adelie would put the aliens through the same trials he went through as a penguin trying to break onto the scenes. This consists of tons of time spent in the cold, miserable, iced over land mass that Adelie calls home. They would be taught how to slide and how to glide on the ice as that is the fundamental of the sport. Once you know how to move and balance, the rest comes with time. He would then teach them how to catch yummy fishes, not because it was important to hockey, but because they'd need a snack for all the studying they'd need to do! After all Adelie would write them a very detailed guide on how to hit other players for maximum ouchies. That's the primary goal for hockey after all! Once training with Adelie was done, he'd unleash the aliens who would be absolutely brutal players thanks to his teachings!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

I think that I'd try to teach the aliens how to play hockey, but honestly, the kind of alien life that I think exists is not exactly that that's capable of holding a stick. I believe that alien life is bioparticles of sentient matter that hibernates until it gets to a point where it can control the body of something. That being the case, I would end up accidentally teaching recently deceased individuals who are being posessed by alien sentient life. I don't think that Graj has the intelligence to realize this, and given that the aliens would likely be able to exactly mimic the actions, movements, and words of real people, Graj is used to seeing all kinds of personalities and ability limitations, as the area he grew up in was not the best in the world, so he's never minded anyone being different and always gives a fair shot no matter the circumstances, and for the aliens it would be no different.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Code:
Written Task: The night before opening day, your player is contacted by extraterrestrials. They have seen broadcasts of this hu-mon sport of "Ho'Kii" and want you to teach their crew the rules. How does your player teach the game? Are the aliens any good at it? (150+ words)
I feel like south park has ruined aliens for me and whenever someone mentions them my mind immediately goes to aliens of that nature. I guess they kind of look like the typical alien though. With that being said I think they'd potentially be good at it. If Tage Thompson can dangle at 6'6" who's to say these guys can't. As far as teaching them to play I find watching is the best way to learn. They've clearly seen the sport, so I'd explain what's going on on the screen, especially if there's a whistle. Then I'd take them out on the ice and see what they can do. Run a few drills, maybe a few point shots and breakaways. After a few days I have no doubt they'd have a decent grasp of the sport of Ho'Kii. I just hope there's no anal probing like the aliens in south park. That wouldn't be too fun.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Just-to-Buy does not, absolutely not, want to be affiliated with any kind of extraterrestrial beings interested in learning any sport played on Earth, especially not one he is good at. He still has daily nightmares of the horrible scenes from the documentary he watched when he was a young kid about how a bunch of E.T. came to Earth and targeted the most famous basketball stars with a similar scheme. There is no way he will get caught the same way and have all his talent stolen to make super hockey players aliens, for them to compete against a bunch of colorful animated characters in a game that will decide the fate of these beloved characters. The only thing that saved them last time around was a "retired" basketballer who for some reason was playing baseball that season, but there's no hockey player currently away playing another sport, so if we help the aliens and they steal our talent then all will truly be lost.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

This preseason in the season seventy two of the Simulation Hockey League was an exciting one for John Hopoate who is a centre, or maybe just forward at this point, for the Inferno that come from Atlanta. This was the first season that John Hopoate would be playing in the senior league and not the junior league in the Simulation Hockey League and John Hopoate was very excited for this. He spent his whole pre season just scoring so many goals in training. It didn't matter who was defending him or who was the goal keeper he would just be scoring goals for fun and he kept telling his general managers that he would be winning rookie of the year in the Simulation Hockey League. Things would also start very well for John Hopoate as he started scoring goals at a fast pace as soon as games started. What a time to be alive.

[Image: hopoate.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - Preseason Prep

During off season I keep a tight schedule for most of the time. I keep exercising and training even when I'm enjoying a vacation. So that when I get back and training camp starts it does not cost me a lot of effort to get going again. So for the most part I just do a run a day, lift some weights and stickhandle in the backyard. I have also recently bought a mountainbike and a race cycle (these things are expensive damn). Cycling is pretty decent for cardio with minimal effort and mountainbiking on trails also helps with balance and absorbing hits on the arms. I have my own personal chef, so my nutrition needs are also taken care off, so there is not much else that needs to be done to prep again for preseason. It is all pretty simple, it just cost some discipline. Which is not bad at all.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Player Prompt - Preseason Prep

Alvin Wong has been preparing the same way every season so far, but his season it feels different. Something seems off. He does not have his trusty dependable anchor Ray Alexander on his line anymore. Ray had recently been called up to the SHL to play for the Los Angeles Panthers, may he have a long and glorious career. Everyone knows hockey players are creatures of habit and highly superstitious, the loss of his centreman will surely have an effect on the play of the captain and thus the team. Without Alexander, Wong has been going through the preseason routine of gym, tan, laundry without his best mate, it all just felt too different. Usually before the season started, Ray and Alvin would play pranks on each other like freezing each others equipment in jello, or taping all their sticks together in a giant heap. But there were no shenanigans to break the tension of the upcoming season this year, Wong was once again by himself. 

And evidently this season has not started off well for Wong, a measly 4 points in 11 games, -5, his lowest PDO and worst start to his career so far. Come back @TheRoyalEmpoleon  Cry

199 words

[Image: 4cvtDWE.jpeg]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2023, 10:13 AM by qWest. Edited 1 time in total.)

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Alien Space Bats

Having been contacted by the Zendophorm race of extraterrestrials to teach them how to play hockey, Jack Nishimori takes the opportunity not just to spread the sport of hockey to new peoples in worlds yet unknown, but to use the advanced alien technology to evolve the sport to a whole new dimension. Or two. Now featuring in the Zendophorm Pod Colony, now off the coast of Portland in Maine, 4D Hockey! The sport utilizes alien technology that allows the ice to wrap all the way around, making the field of play into the shape of the interior of an oblate spheroid. The artificial gravity and levitation technologies in the stadium allow players to skate allow around the ice, while the crowd pod and the team benches in the center of the stadium and the goalie in front of the goal are able to float to watch or protect the goal from all sides.

The fourth dimension is that the penalty box is made to smell like sewage.

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2023, 12:57 PM by sulovilen. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player prompt graphic
[Image: SexVLWA.jpg]

[Image: sulov.gif]

Player Prompt/Written Task

In my pre-season routine, I make sure to try and continue everything I do during the season. I have found out the hard way that if I do not continue the same training regimen, I come into the next season feeling out of shape and sluggish. So whenever the off season comes around, other than playing in SHL games I try to keep up the same intensity in my own workouts. Whether it is working out in the weight room or getting in on-ice conditioning, I know that the extra work could be the difference in that next season between an early or late start to the off season.

Because of that, I do take pre-season games very seriously. While they do not matter for standings, it can be that first taste of getting back into playing form. Every hit, goal, and pass feels just a little different in pre-season, and I am always very thankful that I can work off the rust in those games so that I do not make the same mistakes in the regular season.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!