Create Account

S72 PT #2: Aliens Amongus #sus

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Player prompt

M’Baku Olubori let out a loud laugh when he found out the truth, and got to planning. The practice itself was awful—it took him almost an hour to get the tape off, and he was sticky from the leftover residue. Thankfully one of the equipment managers came clean and offered to go to work with some Goo B Gone to get things back to normal.

Baku was ready for (a prank) war. He replaced all the mascot’s shoes/skates with just left foot versions, bleached the mascot’s wig a bright and garish purple, and replaced their skate blades with Twizzlers spray painted silver. There were a great deal of pratfalls to come from this, and the social media team loved the engagement.

After the primary mascot (the secret is there are 3 people who regularly wear the suit) had to go through the multiple pratfalls for the likes, Baku took them out to a nice dinner where they laughed about the silliness that they just participated in.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Has no one ever seen the movie Space Jam? We will find the secret water which Michael Jordan will probably have or something and that will give us special powers in order to beat the people who are way bigger than we are. It's honestly simple science and it will end up that we will win. I think we plan to do stuff with our speed as they will be too slow to try to keep up with us and keep going as we skate around them in circles. This is honestly going to be easier than anyone thought to be able to defeat our alien invaders. Why is everything about aliens lately? I mean, have we seen UFOs or something? I think maybe Colorado is the aliens and we saw what Regina did to them last night. I think @Caleb single handedly beat the aliens considering they are probably that. So, how do we beat them? Skate, score, celly, repeat.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Hector the Specter really got Peter Tingle good with his most recent prank. Rookie hazing is a normal thing in the SHL and apparently the mascots get in on it too. Peters job was to make sure he got Hector back to show this team he wasn’t to be messed with.

Hector came in the next game day to get ready for work. He opens up his stall to find his black and purple uniform to be wildly out of sorts. It was definitely not black and purple anymore but rather a bright fluorescent pink with a new butterfly logo on the front. The aroma of the jersey stunk up the entire room as it smelt like fish caught from the harbour nearby.

Hector didn’t respond well to this but he knows that it’s all in good fun. He was quite taken back by the rookie but you can be sure the prank wars have only begun.

The aliens had come a long way in their hockey journey. Thanks to my tutelage, they had learned the basics of the game, and they were now a force to be reckoned with.

But our biggest challenge was yet to come. General-Khagan Kul'Garath of the Sarris Star Empire had challenged us to a playoff series. The Sarris players were much bigger than us, and they had all seen the movie Goon several hundred times.

I knew that we would need to be clever to beat them. We couldn't outmuscle them, so we would have to outthink them.

The day of the game finally arrived. The Sarris players were bigger and stronger than us, but they were also sloppy and undisciplined. We capitalized on their mistakes, and we played a smart, disciplined game.

In the end, we won the game by a score of 6-3. It was a hard-fought victory, but it was a sweet one. We had beaten the odds, and we had proved that we belonged.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

[Image: image.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2023, 11:38 AM by CrazyMojito.)

Player Prompt

You ever look at the Edmonton Blizzard's logo and think "Hey, that's a neat looking wolf?" Yea, you wouldn't be the only one. For some reason people can't discern a fox from a wolf, even players of the team have a hard time realizing what it actually is. Nothing irritates the person behind the mascot more than this, so you can probably guess what my act of retaliation might be. To get back at the mascot for wasting my time and making me late for practice I am going to have a suit made up of a wolf in Blizzard theme and make a little promo video of myself wearing it. I am then going to wrap it completely in duct tape, while hiding the real suit. So not only is the mascot going to have to unwrap their suit, its going to be the one thing they hate more than anything else. I will then release my video on Xitter and win the the prank war. Don't touch my gear!

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

In order to ensure that the smaller skilled players were able to have the space they required to do their thing the Forge looked to some more unconventional methods to ensure their safety. They went to the penitentiary to pick up some tough guys. There they would Find Jim Jim and Jim who would be the enforcers to help ensure the skilled players are safe. Of course if this failed the big add the forge would have is Shorsey. He would hands down be able to get the aliens off their game, if they even understand what is happening, he would also be the first guy that would start doing all the dirty hockey plays. The aliens would have been better off watching slap shot and seeing what Tim “Dr. hook” McCracken and Oggie Oglethorp to have a better idea of that was coming for them in this game. In the end the team would only need to score 1 goal which shouldn’t to hard as the aliens are likely looking to start fights over scoring goals.

Code:

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

PT PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Creative Prompt

Huh I don't know how I didn't realize that my alien friends, while with many limbs, are quite a lot smaller than other aliens in the galaxy. No matter, hockey isn't all about size... ok maybe it is a little, but being a smaller player myself, I'm sure we can figure it out! As the opponents are likely going to use their size to an advantage in a rough and tough style of hockey, us smallin's will be using are agility and speed to read the play and put ourselves in a winning position. I'm looking for quick passes up the ice and players in position when needed, defending with poke checks instead of big hits. I'm not looking for flashy! I'm looking for consistency in the player and a somewhat telepathic communication amongst players where they already know where each other are even before they get the puck. It's still not going to be an easy game, but we'll at least try our best!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Creative Prompt

Dear Diary, I'm still with the hockey-mad aliens, believe it or not. They're doing well and are improving like crazy, in fact I don't know how much more I can teach them, but they seem to see me as their head coach and want me to stick around for a little longer. I'm actually enjoying this. A lot has happened during these last days, maybe weeks - I lost track of time, but we're in the middle of the playoffs now. It's insane! Our opponents are huge and end up in the box all the time. I'm glad we got refs now, but the boxes need to be made from stronger materials soon. Our current tactics is simply to play smarter than them. The Kul'Garath aren't that intelligent, some of them can't even find the door to get out of the penalty box - which is why they always try to destroy it - so that's helped us win a game or two. They sometimes also score own goals, but we're not telling them. We're much faster and smarter and I'm sure we can win this!

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Ah yes, the blood feud between Viktor Hargreeves and mascots in general continues. He really did think he was safe once he got out of Quebec City, but it appears that was something fate could not allow. Perhaps the Citadelles owl got the word out, or maybe it's just that easy to intuit that Viktor is indiscriminately terrified of mascots on the whole. Regardless, he was a fool. Keeping in mind how out of hand things got the first time, as well as the fact that it's been broadcasted all over Chirper, Viktor is going to take it easy on the Pride Lion. First he's going to (temporary) dye the lion's mane rainbow and braid it. No big deal, everyone will probably love the sight of it. Then he's also going to swap out the lion's roar for a cat's meow, which will only be discovered after the lion performs his pre-game ritual acrobatics for the fans and gives a rallying roar at the end. And finally, Viktor will pray to any gods who will listen that the mascots just leave him the heck alone.

Code:
185 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

When Louise St. Martin sees her stall full of duct tape, she just sighs. Finally, the Swiss army knife in her purse has some sort of practical use. When she finds out it was the Blizzard mascot, she begins to hatch a plan.

So the mascot is, of course, a fox. And as somewhat of a fox myself I know foxes like to eat rabbits. So I go to the mascot and tell them that there's a huge herd of rabbits outside, just begging to be made a meal of. Little does the mascot know that just outside, I have a water bucket above the door and glitter cannons. When the mascot opens the door, a teammate pours the water bucket on the mascot and Louise sets off the glitter cannons, causing the mascot to not only be absolutely drenched but now covered in glitter.

Listen, I'm not a practical joker, I spitballed

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Well, we made this monster. So now, we have to defeat it. Luckily, I taught them how to play the game extremely wrong. And extra luckily, they watched The Mighty Ducks a too few many times and think that you have to get into "V Formation" every time they bring the puck down the ice. This *would* make it a very easy game of hockey. However...these aliens are 14 feet tall and weight a quarter ton. Their V Formation actually takes up the entire rink width. So dispossessing them and passing around (or even over) their defense will not be a possibility. 
Honestly, the biggest thing I'm going to have to coach out of our players before the game starts is how often we get into fights. If one of us gets into a fight, they might die. And then we'll be down a player. Meanwhile the alien only gets 5 minutes in the penalty box. But overall I think our agility and ability to skate between their legs will pay major dividends on the scoreboard at the final buzzer.

[Image: jwpshl.png]

The aliens that Max coached will clearly steal a bit of the 1980 USA hockey team's strategy that he showed them during their first coaching session... It doesn't matter that they're undersized. They will play like a team.

They'll use some unconventional strategies that play to the their unique strengths. What they lack in size they make up in agility. They'll bob and weave through the General-Khagan Kul'Garath of the Sarris Star Empire's defenders, duck under checks from the big, cumbersome defensemen and run some quick passing plays that exploit the slow speed of the Kul'Garath. That last part brings us to our next one...

One thing that their new coach, Max Carnage, wants them to employ is quick, precise passing. This isn't necessarily a difficult task for our boys since they use telekinesis for pretty much everything. We're talking tape to tape passing and at lightning speed.

Last thing is our alien comrades have is an intellectual understanding of the game far beyond the Kul'Garath. It's insane what they've been able to accomplish in a matter of weeks.

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]