Create Account

S72 PT #2: Aliens Amongus #sus

Well if our mascot did anything to my gear I would have to retaliate against them in kind, at least ten fold. Obviously duct tape would be involved to begin with but not just taping everything up on the outside. I would tape up all the little things like the eyes on the inside so you can not see. Put double sided tape in specific areas so it sticks to everything that touches them once the suit is on as well. Have to have something smelly in the nose area, but nothing too rotten. Just something that smells juuuuust enough that the mascot has to wonder if it is themselves or something happened. And of course the best for last, you mess with the zippers on the suit if there are any so the entire thing is just a massive pain to get off once they have it all the way on. Of course this would just start something that never ends back and forth though.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

PBE CW

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Creative Prompt:

With my pre-scout completed of my opponent it is pretty obvious that they do not have any other back up plan. They are one hundred percent committed to being physical through the entire game, and dominate humanity through sheer size and strength. Having a good grasp on hockey on earth, I know that the dead puck era and the amount of hooking, hitting, holding, and altogether physical game will be what they are looking to replicate. This can only really be avoided through one method: paying off the refs. It is another one of humanities great sports achievements to put every result in question through a string of historically significant corruption scandals, and seeing no real way to get around it here, paying off the refs is really the only sure-fire way to avoid a beating. Sure, we could try to move the puck quickly, play with speed, try to out-tempo our opposition, but if the refs lean in their favor at all, who knows what kind of travesties they would get away with. It's not worth the risk, even if we are only paying the ref off to avoid the worst of it, we just need to guarantee the game is refed fairly after all and we should come out on top with our talent alone.

Story Mode

I think the answer is pretty simple.  I am going to coach the team to a Goalie Roll.  But the real question about this tactic is if its even coachable.  Many have tried and many have failed (us many times as well), but the simple truth remains that when you are not expected to win, the greatest advantage that you can have over another team is the ability to have our goalie stand on their head.  Oh, maybe that IS the solution.  The aliens have never actually seen an SHL goalie player before, and if the goalie were physically on their head, maybe they would try and shoot in a different spot or even above the net where the relocated five hole has moved to.  Who knows, maybe this will catch on and be the greatest advancement in SHL tactics the league has ever seen.  Hmm, its too bad though, the team will be unable to test the tactic against others ahead of time

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2023, 10:06 PM by hewasajazzman. Edited 2 times in total.)

creative prompt

i had completely forgot about my odd experience with the aliens by the time they made contact again. in similar fashion, i snapped awake one night and felt as if i was being watched. the sensation was all too familiar, so to forego the awkwardness i simply called out to who i believed to be there. “guys… you really gotta quit with this creepy, middle of the night, lurking in dark corners stuff.” i flipped on the lamp as they sulked and came forward. “its okay! we just… have to figure out some other way of communicating.” i explained. they proceeded to tell me of their upcoming series against the Sarris Star Empire. realizing how much work we had ahead of us, this time, i decided to spring into action right away. with the size mismatch i decided the team would have to use not only their physical speed to their advantage, but their quick wit in decision making. their heightened senses could be utilized to deliver crisp and clean passes to their teammates without even having to see them, as long as they knew where each other were supposed to be. we worked together to devise a game plan and before long they were back on their way to be among the stars and hopefully become some themselves.

[219 words]

Quote:Player Prompt: Morning Mayhem

Written Task: You enter your stall one morning before an early practice and find your gear all wrapped in unholy amounts of duct tape. Nothing was actually damaged, and your coach doesn't acknowledge your lateness in getting on the ice, beyond trying not to smile. A brief investigation of your team's Xitter feed reveals the mascot as the culprit.

How do you get back at your mascot? Remember, this is a prank duel to drive social media engagement! Don't hurt your mascot or permanently prevent them from doing their job!

After finding out that their stuff and equipment was sabotaged by non other than the Hamilton Steelhawks mascot for a social media boost/prank, Bnana NWaffles knew the perfect way to get back at the mascot. While the mascot was off doing their job, mascotting or something along those lines who knows what they do, NWaffles pulled out a bin full of saran wrap that he had bought the night before in bulk. Bnana got done with practice early and snuck out of the building without anyone knowing of seeing, set up the camera and proceeded to saran wrap the mascot's car. He had done it live on the Xitter thing, think it’s called that now, and had tons of viewers watch and give tips on how to make it even better. After completing the task, Bnana waited for the time that the mascot got off work and followed them out to their car holding the camera and filming the whole moment that the mascot found their car completely wrapped! They both had a good laugh, and the video editor later added it ending like a sitcom ending!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

ISFL PT

Player Prompt

We are trying to drive social media engagement on our team’s chirper page and I am aiming to get our Panther some attention that he deserves. The obvious move here is to lure the panther into a trap. Big cats are still cats at heart and they love treats just as much as any other cat. Lay some treats down in a line so that the big panther ends up walking into the exact location underneath a net. Once in place, the net will fall on the panther. Now we have a caught panther and we can stream the total malarkey to our team’s chirper page. People love good honest fun and nothing screams whacky situation like a big Panther mascot captured in a room with a big net. People will share and like the chirp and really boost our team’s social media page. This will drive engagement and get people to come out to our games even more. The waitlist for tickets will double!

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Prompt 1

Svoboda's plan to play the aliens on his SHL team took a bit of a turn when the aliens informed him of a situation on their homeworld. Truth is, they already had heard of hockey. They had been challenged by the infamous Kul'Garath to a game of hockey, with the safety of their home planet at stake. Instead of waging a costly war, they decided on a high stakes hockey game. The aliens came to Earth to seek out the best hockey players to help them, and they decided the SHL would be the place for that.

Svoboda understood his new assignment. He'd help his new alien friends win the game for the guaranteed safety of their home.
He decided they were going to have to play dirty, since they have had much less time to practice than their opponents. He taught them all sorts of concepts, like high sticking, crosschecking, slew-foots, everything in hopes of gaining even the slightest edge.

161 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Aliens Amongus

How do you beat the team of aliens? Easy, change the rules. They don't have a coach, and they don't know the rules. They have a size advantage, so make it a disadvantage. Force them to play with only regulation sticks, allowing no stick extensions similar to what Chara had in the NHL. They also don't know the rules, so creative explanations for penalties and what is and isn't allowed is fine. Explain the offside rule, but be very vague as far as what line they have to stay behind. Give them sticks, but make sure the blades are illegal. Throughout the game, call them on illegal sticks and get a free penalty shot. They watched Goon? You watch Slapshot. You have the ambulance circle around the arena, you insinuate their spouses cheated on them with a person of the same gender. Get under their skin, goad them into the box. Hell if it helps win the game, put clear tape on their skates before the game. They likely won't be able to skate well, so just dust them with natural skill.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

ISFL affiliate (Dindog) +

ISFL Affiliate
Different Forum Username: Footballiscool

ISFL Affiliate (Username Nathan)

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

PBE affiliate