Create Account

S73 PT#0: sus.jpg

The fact that there is nothing against the use of any form of AI tools in the current SHL rulebook is pretty disturbing. I guess that means the SHL is just slow in recognising potential abuse of the current system. What I think would be a good punishment is a forfeit in the TPE from that specific task. a 10 TPE deduction and a monetary fine. Something in the one or two million range would be a good fine I think. Not too much, but also not too little. It should be completely unappealing to even try to use ChatGPT or Google Bard or any other AI tool available right now for the progression tasks.

I think in the end simply writing these 150 words instead of using an AI tool is almost as fast. As the AI deliverable needs to be rewritten to make it not stand out as an AI text.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Prompt 2

If I was made SHL Grand Poobah of Discipline, Punishment, and Abuse with the mandate “the sillier the better” things would get pretty bizarre. The first infraction of using ChatGPT for tasks would follow the “live by the sword, die by the sword” mantra. We’d use ChatGPT to come up with their punishment, and follow through with whatever the AI masters deign appropriate. For the second infraction, in addition to a fine and player suspension, things would get far, far sillier. It would become a standing annual charity drive event—anyone found to have used ChatGPT on PTs would have a thread. For each $10 US you donate, you’re allowed to submit one roast of that person for a livestream hosted by [redacted]. The SHL loves schadenfreude, and what better way than to channel the energy that could have gone into a Thunderdome thread into charity work? Is there anything more appropriately toxic?

A third offense is an immediate site ban, auto retirement of player, and spot on the SHL Wall of Shame.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Option 2:

ChatGPT punishments need to be severe, in order to discourage its use. I propose that we create a specific discord channel titled “PT Shame” where all offenders will be called out and placed on the “no earners list” for a minimum of two weeks. Depending on the severity and frequency of the infraction, this TPE & SHL cash earnings ban could be lengthened. This will be a public forum where any and all can swing by to shame and berate the offenders. It will be a digital pillory of sorts, in which the convicted felons users will be stuck in front of the entire league and will have to answer for their crimes. Again, punishment must be swift and severe to eliminate the scourge that is ChatGPT from interfering with our PTs. Bonus points to anyone who is able to figure out ways for us to throw digital fruits and vegetables at the offenders.

154 words

Written Task: Describe an appropriate punishment for using ChatGPT to do point tasks. The sillier the better.

If someone was to use ChatGPT to start doing their 150 word point tasks there is only one conceivable punishment if they are found out. They must rally to use ChatGPT continuously to do play by plays for all games held in the season and post them to a thread and tag all the players that played in those games. For an increased punishment they would have to go through the CHatGPT generated play by play and manually tag all the players referenced by the AI generated game so that people can search and find their contributions. What would make this appropriate is that we tie their TPE earning to the completion of these events. So its not a one time offense. Now that they have committed the worst sin in sim league kind the punishment must fit the crime. They will of course not be reimbursed with money in any way and it would be a minimum of 3 games.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

One of the greatest innovations in modern sporting history remains the Forward Pass implemented in American Football in the early 20th century. This took Football from a violent and dangerous rugby clone to a violent and dangerous rugby clone that allowed grown men to run into each other at full speed in an open field while fighting for a ball flying through the air. I propose that Hockey could benefit from a similar rule. I present for your consideration: The HFP, or Hockey Forward Pass. Here's how it works: Once per possession, the team in possession of the puck may pick the puck up and throw it across the rink. Icing rules do not apply here, though offside rules will still apply. Once the puck is picked up, it must be passed before the skater crosses the next line. The puck may not be thrown again, but a forward pass may be caught and dropped in play without penalty. If the defending team intercepts the pass, it will be considered a Forward Pass Turnover, which will lead to a faceoff on the throwing team's side of the rink.

Code:
188 Words

[Image: npBt0yK.png]

The only two rules that would be worth changing in hockey the first would actually be funny to see what would happen and that would be to remove the blue line. Imagine the cherry picking that players would be able to do and would bring a whole new level of stretch passes to the game. This would likely mean that there would be more goals and make the games more exciting as well! The only other rule worth changing would be that goalies playing the puck are free to make contact with. Lets me real these guys flirt with the rule all the time and lay out like soccer players when then get touched. How about you touch the puck you are fair game to be run the f over. Don’t like it stay in the net. I am tired of the goalies that decide they can just skate out and have no consciences lets open the game up for real and see what you are made of!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2023, 01:42 PM by Wheels.)

If I were to introduce a funny rule change to hockey, I'd implement the "Switched Skates" rule. In situation, players would be required to exchange one of their skates with an opponent at random times during the game. Picture the confusion and comedy that would ensue as players suddenly found themselves trying to navigate the ice with mismatched skates. Imagine a forward dashing down the rink with one regular skate and one goalie skate, or a defenseman struggling to make a pass with blades of different sizes. The "Switched Skates" rule would add an element of unpredictability to the game, creating moments of laughter for both players and spectators alike. This rule would not only showcase the players' adaptability but also foster a sense of camaraderie as opponents would have to work together to make the swap without disrupting the flow of play. Hockey is known for its toughness, but a touch of absurdity could make it even more entertaining for fans.

162 Words

Code:
Draw an appropriate punishment for using ChatGPT to do point tasks. The sillier the better.

[Image: punishment_shl_pt.png]

Offenders are tied to a chair and forced to watch BASE PACK lowlights and listen to the Macarena on an endless loop for three days straight

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

ChatGPT has the ability to minimize the amount of work community members would need to put into the league, creating unfair balance of involvement. Doing the work for the PTs is the minimum due diligence to have a well earning player. In order to prevent such a misuse of resources, the punishment should be as follows:

1. Suspension from the league for a minimum of two weeks

2. Forfeiture of TPE related to the offense

3. Reduction in bank balance by half. Have $100,000,000? You're down to $50 million.

4. Player ineligibility for individual awards at the end of the season

5. Maximum second line minutes for the offending party for the rest of the season

6. A note is added to their profile, branding them a cheater.

7. A thunderdome thread is created for the community to through tomatoes at them. 

8. Their next PT must be twice as long.

9. They are monitored for future infractions more closely than others.

10. The offender must apply for a league position.

If these guidelines of punishment are followed, no one will use ChatGPT for PTs ever again.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Option 1

I think they could create a new rule where every time someone scores a goal, the opposing team could use an extra player on the ice for the rest of the game. So it would be like a kind of catchup logic gimmick to try and enable the trailing team to tie up the game rather than allow one team to gain a definite edge on any game. It could of course lead to a complete cluttering up of the playing field when all the extra players would make it exceedingly hard for anyone to really find the space to do anything effectively without being disturbed. So maybe it could just be done the other way around instead - scoring a goal could mean that you go shorthanded for as long as it takes the other team to tie the game up again? But that could lead to some really passive and boring play that nobody would care to watch anymore. I like the initial proposition best.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

My rule that I would add to Hockey would be extra points for a goal scored by a goalie. I want to award a team with 3 points per goal scored by their goalie. I want to see how this changes the game. It would add some unique options for the power play, just imagine instead of pulling the goalie a coach sends them into the offensive zone. They hustle up into the play and get a cross crease pass to the top of the circles and just let a slap shot rip. Top cheese right past the other goalie. The other thing that would happen would be goalies just firing shots back and forth from their respective creases. I want more goalies shooting like Martin Brodeur.

Foil Up Boys

P1: The "Quacky Puck" rule: In an effort to inject some whimsy into the game, I propose the introduction of the "Quacky Puck" rule. At random intervals during the game, a rubber duck-shaped puck, adorned with a comically oversized beak, will replace the standard puck. When this happens, players must switch to using a foam "Quacky Stick" with a matching beak on the blade.

Here's the fun twist: Whenever a player scores a goal with the Quacky Puck, they must immediately break into their best duck impression, quacking loudly, and waddling in a circle before celebrating. The opposing team is allowed to join in the quacking or attempt to distract the scoring player with their own quacks.

This rule not only adds hilarity to the game but also tests the players' ability to stay focused amidst the quacking chaos. Plus, the post-goal quack-offs would be an unforgettable spectacle for fans, turning every game into a sidesplitting comedy on ice.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Option 1:

A new rule that could be fun is where for one period every game, players would have to periodically switch equipment with their teammates during the game. Imagine a burly defenseman suddenly finding themselves in the goalie's oversized pads or a speedy forward attempting to skate in oversized goalie skates.

Go one step further? Okay word count. The losing team has to swap equipment going into the third period of the game to make it even harder to catch up. Getting an early lead is quite beneficial! Also this is a stupid rule change that would make the game almost entirely unwatchable but I didn’t ask the questions.

How about a new one: The "Mandatory Mascot Participation" rule? In this rule, each team must have their mascot on the ice during the game, and the mascot's performance and antics can earn or deduct points for their team. This truly isn’t your fathers simulation hockey league!

Option 1
Funniest is difficult. I can think of some that are well designed to increase the entertaining factor... I suppose funniest would also increase entertainment factor, so putting my head to it I would remove offsides. Now this doesn't' sound very funny at the start, but hear me out: think of the fun plays that could be created without this bastard line telling you where you can and can't go? If a team is down late maybe they just stick someone far down the ice. The Sedin play where you dump the puck could be absolutely overhauled because you can have someone closer to the end. It might also influence goalies playing the puck, it might be more worthwhile to get goalies who can play the puck, or it might be dangerous, so stay in net. I think the mixture of fun new plays this rule can generate, and aggressive push for extra scoring is an all around win.

Code:
160 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]