Create Account

S73 All Star Week
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2023, 04:24 PM by Thunfish. Edited 2 times in total.)

SSL Affiliate Claim

1. Milestones +3

8. God, that's a legitimately good question. I have no idea, to be frank... I kinda spent the weeks busy with work stuff when the weather wasn't trying to dehydrate us. Hell, as I write the sky is grey and you can hear the roars of what's probably gonna be a storm. I was gonna attend French class but I imagine the school's surroundings are gonna be flooded again.

Truth be told, I think the decision for that sort of stuff is always given to the most respectable people on the matter so I'll probably always agree with them. Besides, the All-Star thing is a very... US thing, you know? Me being Brazilian, I don't get the appeal. I know it's logically sound and all but... y'all do y'all. Know what I mean?

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Simmer Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

GM Pass

Xavier Beausoleil
Patriotes
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

J GM PASS

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2023, 12:03 AM by Gordon Bombay. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestone

Code:
2a. The presumable top forward line of both conference teams this season is two teammates plus one from a division rival. For the East, Lacksamus and Svoboda of New England will have their line completed by either Shoyo Hinata of Atlanta or Ricky Koivu of Philadelphia. In the West, Edmonton's Winter and Surkhi-Ze'ev teaming up with an old nemesis in Ekholm-Gunnarsson gives me the shivers as a goalie. Which of these top lines do you think will score more this ASG?
The east top line should be better. For the simple and good reason that Shoyo Hinata is on that line. He is the best player of all time and a certified legend. He can score goals and pass. He is a completed player on the ice. Alone he will carry the east to the victory. He will make that without passing the puck to Ricky Koivu. He hate him.

Code:
2c. Goalie picks were intersting this year; only one cup finalist will suit up for this allstar game. Which goalie tandem - Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz or Fantobens and Karsikko, would you pick to play in front of? Remember that in the All Star Game, the backup will get minutes!
I think that he goalie tandem of Justin Time and  Brzęczyszczykiewicz is better. Justin is a cup winner that prove time and time that he can carry a team and face the best opposition.   Shoyo will be very confident in front of those goalie. He won’t play defense and trust them all game long.
Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

I think that Angus Mcfife should be the last player in the all star game. He might be a old player, he belong more in a retirement home than on the ice, but he still deserve to be in the game. He is a legend around the league. Everyone knows him, so he should have a spot on the team for life. Just like a senator in the canadian senate. He had a pretty good season for an old guy with 14 goals and 30 assists. Furthermore he is on the all start selection committee, his colleagues should have selected him if they respected him. Also hockey is not all about stats. It’s about the intangible, who else that is in the all-star right now has a similar leadership. Who else has a catchphrase. Angus Mcfife is a legend and it’s a crime that he is not in the team this season. I hope he gets in as a last player in and I hope that he has a spot for the next 15 seasons.

8tpe

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2023, 04:40 AM by Valpix. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
Milestones

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. Both conferences also have two pairs each that played together all season. The East has the top pairings of the Wolfpack and Forge, while the West has those of Edmonton and Winnipeg. If you were coaching these games, would you keep those pairs together, or would you mix them up?
c. Goalie picks were intersting this year; only one cup finalist will suit up for this allstar game. Which goalie tandem - Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz or Fantobens and Karsikko, would you pick to play in front of? Remember that in the All Star Game, the backup will get minutes!
b. If you're bringing multiple guys who play together on the same team, those guys should probably stay together. And I'm not just saying that because I've got a teammate here too (though I believe I predominantly play with Hunziker and not Egli). Chemistry is important. But at the same time: it's an all-star game, who actually cares.
c. I mean is it really that interesting that only one finalist was there? BASE PACK was fine, but Philly's strength was its offense, and unlike Time he wasn't McBride level. I personally would take the West goalies - Time and Karsikko had very similar statlines, but Brzeczyszczykiewicz was clearly better than Fantobens, whose backup had a superior save percentage.

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?
The last men in have been decided. For the Western Conference, it's a pair of Los Angeles Panthers in Reed Kobo and Pass Forfeit; in the East, Manhattan Rage forward Aksel Fiske and Baltimore Platoon defender Philip Fry squeak in.

Forfeit is fair enough, but I'm confused as to what Kobo did to get in. He's a good player, no doubt. But Luke Laraque led the league in assists this season and somehow he gets nothing while Kobo, who had 21 fewer points than Laraque, does? I get that that would give the Blizzard six all-stars, but this team was the best in the West and is hosting. Meanwhile, the 74 point Panthers had more All-Stars than the 97 point Aurora...

Out east, Fiske is probably the lowest-scoring non-participation-trophy All-Star we've seen, but I'm kinda for rewarding someone toughing it out on a terrible team (and i'm also biased bc Hannah is the best). Fry is the right choice for defense too.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

GM pass

SHL HO/J GM off season pass

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

GM pass

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

penguin

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2023, 10:52 AM by MikeLiut. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

Milestones (3 TPE)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!
162 words

Baltimore’s M’Baku Olubori, no doubt about it. I mean, I love trips, and what sets M’Baku apart is the same way trips as a GM leads his team: always prioritizing others over personal success. For that alone, he deserves a spot. M’Baku brings a ton of stability to our young lineup and steps up to fill in the gaps. Despite being in a tough division, Baltimore finished higher than expected and held its own against some top-notch teams. We only had one player with TPE higher than 1750, and that was him. Instead of chasing the spotlight, he opted for a more responsible position with a killer defensive game, truly putting the team first. That's what makes M’Baku special. M’Baku had a very respectable 23 goals, 58 assists and 81 points for 66 games, and managed to do very well both in the PP and PK units. I sincerely think he was our MVP, for the balance he brought to our team.  (3 TPE)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

PBE affiliate (3 TPE)

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

Milestones +3 TPE.
LINK: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3440060

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

The Winnipeg Aurora had two players make the ALL Star game on Defense: Christian Kinsinger and Jay O'Neil. I don't think that getting two of our defense men on the all star game is any surprise. These two players are elite in their own end. Nothing ever gets by these two, and they are a big reason why Winnipeg was able to win games this season. Also, they have incredible chemistry on the ice, which enables them to peform at their absolute best game in and game out. When you can trust where your teammate is going to be at all times, you are free to take chances and get creative with what you want to do on ice. I think that this freedom enabled both players To perform at their absolute best every game, and the league will have the opportunity to see them both perform at this seasons all star game. Winnipeg is lucky to have these players on their roster. (163)

Affiliate Claim - +3 TPE

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

Offseason pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]