Create Account

S73 All Star Week
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2023, 03:07 PM by Saucetonia. Edited 1 time in total.)

+3 TPE - s73 milestones

Code:
Milestones
3TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3440727

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2023, 01:29 PM by FuriousChicken. Edited 2 times in total.)

1 - Milestones: SMJHL Milestones +3 TPE

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

A: Ah so many amazing forwards, next season I will be teammates with Evan Winter and Benjamin Surkhi-Ze’ev so I would need to go for their side. From the little information I got from the SHL the West had generally had an amazing offense over the different but generally fewer teams that are right now (or right in the past 4 seasons) in championship contention.
64 words – 1 TPE

B: Of course I would be putting the teammates together at first. In the hope that everything goes well. I mean they are used to play with each other and know what to expect from the other forward. But if it does not go well, I might send them into the 3rd period in mixed pairs (is this even possible, idk) in the hope that they want to one-up each other so much that they play better automatically. Or a car crash, but at least a fun car crash.
88 words – 1 TPE

Total 2. – 2 TPE

8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)
The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Ah the last man is in and it is officially announced, and it is Luke Laraque, no wait it is Reed Kobo? Ok to be fair Reed Kobo did have an amazing season, but Luke Laraque was on championship team Edmonton Blizzards, who didn’t just win the championship, but won it after coming 3rd in the league (ok not 1st but still). Laraque got one of the most fantasy points, but to be fair has been living a bit in the shadow of his amazing teammates Winter and Surkhi-Ze’ev. Despite this he still showed how good he can be getting the most assists of the team, which allowed the other 2 to score as much as they did. On top of this he also got the 7th highest points in the regular season. On top of this in the play-offs he showed his defensive prowess, getting the 7th most play-off hits. To be completely fair Reed Kobo is also a great player, and coming up to Edmonton Blizzards right now I might be a tad bit bias.

177 words
3 TPE

Total: 8 TPE

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

1. Milestones

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

J STONES

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

So, here we are, it's the All Star Game for the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League and at least 3 of Ubba's teammates have gotten in. He didn't, and he's okay with that. He doesn't need to be in the all star game to prove how good he is at hockey. He knows he's good. He also knows how good the rest of his team is. Deep Thought is somebody who absolutely should have been on this all star team. 2nd on the team in points, 2nd in assists, led the team in PIM, tied for 2nd on the team in GWG, 4th in hits (only 5 hits below team leader). Over all, Deep Thought was 15th in the league in assists, but tied for 15th and only 14 assists separated him and the league leader. It's a travesty that he was not included in this year's All Star Game. The committee should be strongly reconsidering all decisions they've ever made in their life if they didn't give Deep Thought the deep thought he deserves.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Here it is, after the Anchorage Armada, a hockey team in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, a subsidiary of the Simulation Hockey League, had a rude and abrupt exit in the first round of the playoffs, a few of their players made it to the All Star Game. What a selection as well. First up you have team leader in points and assists, Joseph Reed. Joseph Reed, who finished their 3rd season in the J with a stat line of 37G, 52A, and 89 P had an amazing 3rd year. They surpassed their previous years points total by over 24 points! What an incredible run, Then you have LD Cheeks Kapanen, who had an amazing defensive year and got their first nomination to the all star game. Up last, the most impressive of goalies all season, Stun Gun. Gun played 54 of the team's 66 games, won 37 and only lost 17. the posted a .913 sv% and a 2.89 gaa. Some might say the league was biased against Stun Gun, as they don't appear in the league wide stats. But true fans know. Stun Gun is real.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2023, 07:14 PM by zflem. Edited 1 time in total.)

SMJHL Milestones

+3TPE

1. Milestones, 2 TPE

Link

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]
Portal
Portal

1. Milestones +3TPE

A.  I will always root for my boy Lacksamus.  Ivan is a fuckin killer season after season.  The dude is unstoppable regardless of linemates.  He props his team and his line up to win.  Sets everyone up for success including himself.  It is hard to see how the opponents stand a chance. 
B.  Keep them together!  Why not.  They have that competition built and the chemistry going.  Let us see what they have built up to this point in the season.  I imagine it would be a lot more fun if they stuck together rather than splitting them up.  I mean does it really matter at the end of the day, DOES ANY OF THIS REALLY MATTER
C.  Fantobens every time.  He has it going on if ya know what I mean.  He plays his heart out every single game and just does not quit.  He once wrestled a bull to the ground with his own bear hands.  How does that relate?  I have no idea, man.  I just love the way he plays.  He is an animal out there, a stone cold stunna. 
D.  Ty Murphy has been snubbed so many times in his career, it is not even surprising anymore.  Should he be in?  Yeah.  He should have several appearances up to this point.  The fact that all star appearances and individual awards are weighed when determining HOF eligibility is Ludacris.  It’s a popularity contest!  They weren’t even listening to the music!

3.  Fantobens!  The guy is rad.  The player and the user.  Talk about a guy that has a moral code and sticks to it.  He has been a brick wall for us in net this year.  Without him, we do not make it nearly as far as we did in the season.  Buffalo punched above their weight class thanks to fantobens. What else can I say? I can scat like an old Jazz man.  Fantobens would like that.  Skip bob, doodly doo pat pat pat.  Skibap, pippapy pop pip pop pop op.  How was that?  Did you like that mr beans?  Fuck I am still so far away from finishing my thoughts on Fanto.  Just an all around great guy, ya know?  The type of guy you read about.  You just would love to have him over for dinner.  He’d teach ya something.  Something about goaltending in the SHL, because he is a fucking all star.  He had a great season and it only goes up from here.

+8 TPE

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 10:54 AM by Wheels. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Milestones
+3

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The presumable top forward line of both conference teams this season is two teammates plus one from a division rival. For the East, Lacksamus and Svoboda of New England will have their line completed by either Shoyo Hinata of Atlanta or Ricky Koivu of Philadelphia. In the West, Edmonton's Winter and Surkhi-Ze'ev teaming up with an old nemesis in Ekholm-Gunnarsson gives me the shivers as a goalie. Which of these top lines do you think will score more this ASG?
b. Both conferences also have two pairs each that played together all season. The East has the top pairings of the Wolfpack and Forge, while the West has those of Edmonton and Winnipeg. If you were coaching these games, would you keep those pairs together, or would you mix them up?
a. Without a doubt, I'd have to highlight the top line in the East. Having two players already demonstrating excellent line chemistry in Svoboda and Lackamus is impressive on its own, and now, with the addition of another superstar, the combination becomes even more formidable. If I were in the West, I'd be wary – this line is poised to be exceptionally challenging to contain. (63 words)
b. If we're prioritizing a serious, results-oriented competition where optimal performance is crucial, then it makes sense to keep them together, leveraging the chemistry they've likely built. However, if the goal is more about entertainment, in my view, I'd opt to split them up. This would inject a bit more chaos into the mix. (53 words)
+2

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

The most recent additions to the conference rosters through the Last Men In selections, namely Philip Fry and Pass Forfeit, undeniably contribute commendable skills to the All-Star game, enriching its depth and competitiveness. Forfeit's defensive expertise and Fry's offensive ability make them solid choices, reflecting the diverse talents present in the league. However, the notable absence of Adrian O'Rugg from the Baltimore Platoon has raised eyebrows. O'Rugg's offensive contributions and leadership on the ice mark him as a significant snub. Fans had anticipated O'Rugg, with his well-rounded skill set, to secure a spot among the league's elite players in the All-Star showcase this season and beyond, whether as an immediate entry or through the Last Men In. The decision to exclude O'Rugg is on oversight by the selection committee and last man in voters. Not only does Adrian O'Rugg suffer form this oversight but so do the fans. They deserve to watch his skills on display at the marquee event of the season. (163 words)
+3

+8 TPE

2 + 3 + 3 = 8 TPE
1 + 6 + 7

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

+2 TPE

Quote:6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Bright Lights, Big City!

Make a hype poster for an all-star of your choice, from your own conference! Include the fact that this is the All Star Game, the host city (Edmonton), and reasons to be excited for this player.
[Image: CKGvJIg.jpg]

Quote:7. Graphic, 3 TPE, Happy SHL Day!

Make a hype poster for the all star game itself! Include the season number, the fact that this is the all star game, and include at least some reference to the game's location and at least one player from each conference participating in the game.
[Image: 9VM2iDC.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

Code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestone Claim

Code:
a. The presumable top forward line of both conference teams this season is two teammates plus one from a division rival. For the East, Lacksamus and Svoboda of New England will have their line completed by either Shoyo Hinata of Atlanta or Ricky Koivu of Philadelphia. In the West, Edmonton's Winter and Surkhi-Ze'ev teaming up with an old nemesis in Ekholm-Gunnarsson gives me the shivers as a goalie. Which of these top lines do you think will score more this ASG?
b. Both conferences also have two pairs each that played together all season. The East has the top pairings of the Wolfpack and Forge, while the West has those of Edmonton and Winnipeg. If you were coaching these games, would you keep those pairs together, or would you mix them up?
c. Goalie picks were intersting this year; only one cup finalist will suit up for this allstar game. Which goalie tandem - Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz or Fantobens and Karsikko, would you pick to play in front of? Remember that in the All Star Game, the backup will get minutes!
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

a. As much as Lacksamus is the top player of the league right now, ultimately hockey is a team game and you need everyone firing at all cylinders for it to be a top line. And so, I believe Winter, Surkhi-Ze'ev, and Ekholm-Gunnarsson will be the top producing line between the two. (51 words)
b. One thing that I know for sure is that when it comes to hockey, you need to keep the lines together. Line chemistry is such an important thing and there is a reason that Kunitz made it to the Olympics to play with Crosby. And so, you keep the team lines together and maybe only mix them up on special teams. (61 words)
c. I think you have to go with the hot hand right now which is Olof Karsikko who carried his team during the regular season, post season, and so on. His consistency has been unmatched as of late and his 0.914 save percentage shows that he pulled his weight during the playoffs once again and can do it again in the All-Star game. (62 words)
d. Alright so Ryosuke Sato is clearly still very serviceable for all lines as seen in his season where he is arguably at the slowest he ever was since he entered the league BUT he still put up almost 30 points and was serviceable on the powerplay, penalty kill and 5v5 line. It's not spectacular, but he will draw in the fans. (61 words)

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Being the team's leading scorer with 72 points, William Tree also led the Toronto North Stars in goals with 30, assists with 42 (tied with Steve Harrington). He also had some of the most ice time on the team with over 20 minutes played on average per night, being on the top powerplay as well as the penalty kill. This just shows that Tree is not just a one-sided player, but can be serviceable on both sides of the ice. While you can argue that William Tree could be more physical with hits and more defensively minded with more blocked shots, but arguably that should not be the main focus for a player like Tree. And so, William Tree is an obvious choice for the All Star roster and I am certain he will do extremely well at this season's All Star Game. All of the Toronto North Stars fans and teammates will be excited to see his debut at the games as his career continues to progress on the team. (171 words)

+8 TPE

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3440943

Quote:
Citadelles

S73 Milestones +3 TPE

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestone Link

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)

Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu deserves the last spot in the All-Star game for our conference due to his exceptional defensive skills, offensive contributions, and consistent performance. Koivu's ability to thwart opposing offenses is evident in his precise positioning, effective stick checks, and commitment to shot blocking. Beyond his defensive prowess, Koivu adds offensive firepower by seamlessly joining the rush, contributing to power plays, and netting crucial goals from the blue line. His well-rounded playstyle and versatility make him an asset in a showcase of the league's best talent.

Koivu's durability is noteworthy, regularly logging substantial ice time against top lines without sacrificing performance. His leadership qualities further bolster his candidacy, as he often serves as a stabilizing force for the team. Beyond the game, Koivu's engaging style and community interactions have earned him significant fan support, making his inclusion not only a recognition of skill but also a nod to the entertainment value he brings to the sport. In sum, Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu's comprehensive skill set, and impact make him the ideal last man in for our conference in the All-Star game. (185 words)

Quote:8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)

The recent Last Men In selections, Philip Fry and Pass Forfeit, undoubtedly bring commendable skills to their respective conference rosters, enhancing the depth and competitiveness of the All-Star game. Fry's offensive flair and Forfeit's defensive prowess make them solid choices that reflect the diverse talents within the league. However, the exclusion of Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu from the Hamilton Steelhawks raises eyebrows. Koivu's consistent defensive excellence, offensive contributions, and leadership on the ice make him a notable snub. Fans and analysts alike expected Koivu, with his well-rounded skill set, to earn a spot among the league's elite players in the All-Star showcase this season and of course seasons to come, but unfortunately did not happen this year of getting in right away or as Last Men In. The decision not to include Koivu prompts speculation about the criteria used in the selection process, leaving fans disappointed and questioning the rationale behind the final choices for the Last Men In. (160 words)

Total TPE: 8

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

1. Claim 3

Good ol Borje Samuelsson. This guy has been a true Wolfpack vet who has been on the team through thick and thin. As I was just getting my skates underneath me in the SHL this guy was always there helping me working on my skills. Before I knew it, I had climbed up from the 3rd pairing to find myself on the second line with none other than my man Borje as we worked together to get ourselves a cup that year. As time has gone on, Borje has stayed with the team being a constant producer of goals and energy. Even as an aging vet, I expect borje to put up many goals in the ASG with his hockey sense and puck moving skills. The old man still got it and its evident as he was picked to go back to the all star game without even being a write in.

Its no question that youl wil get more points from the double wolfpack line. They already have great chemistry and the scoring power of lacksamus to backstop everything coming out of the west. At this point, the east has just been generally stronger than the west and that should still be the truth when we watch the two sides battle it out.

If you want to win you keep them together so they can showcase the teamwork they have already built. If you want to put on a show and have fun then you mix up the lines so that people can focus on what an all star game should be, entertainment. There is no glory for these winners, just the fun factor of winning something.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]