Create Account

S74 PT#1: Poindexter Painpoints

option 2:

Absofreakinglutely I would wear the analytics. Money talks baby, and honestly if you're gonna offer to pay me money I'll do pretty much anything. ANYTHING. now let me tell you this though... if the analytics company that was offering me this cash asked me to put on the analytical band thingy and skate around for 4 games for free and told me that maybe they'd offer me the cash and maybe they wouldn't, but they at least wanted me to give it a trial run to see if i'd be a good fit.. I'd politely turn them down because I'm not an intern.  I'd probably just make some money from podcasts.

Lastly, I just want to add that I don't really think you're gonna get that much good data cause I don't do a whole lot of traditional like skating on the ice. I'm more just like a guy that stands around and rips shots on net. the hardest i skate is when i need to get back to the bench for a burger or baja blast.

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

Code:
Graphic Task: draw your player in their post-retirement career as a hockey statistician.

[Image: 85lu9Am.png]

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

PT pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Code:
A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equpiment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?

When puckluck.com approached Jaden Tanner early in the season about wearing their tracking equipment, he was mostly confused. He's a rookie this season for the Calgary Dragons, so they weren't going to get much in the way of data as far as game-breaking plays go. On top of that, he's a shutdown defenseman trying to hit the ground running in the big leagues, so anything he felt would be worthwhile was even less likely.

The site representative explained that him being a defensive player makes the data even more valuable, as they're working to track things beyond what you see on the scoreboard. They approached him with the hopes of being able to further their advanced stats and show how a young player on a struggling team can still make a difference.

Unfortunately, Tanner's play has been piss-poor to start the season, by any metric you can choose. He's pretty sure the website is regretting its decision to approach him specifically.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Code:
Written Task: A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equpiment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?

Ya, I think Oskar Scholz would accept the offer to wear monitoring equipment. He'd certainly take the new found analytics with a grain of salt, but he'd be curious to see what it reveals and if it can elevate his play to another level by pointing out some glaring holes or areas of improvement in his play. Areas like shot velocity don't excite him too much, but he would be eager to see the stats on his skating ability like top speed and acceleration. The league has definitely become a game of speed and if you can't hang it doesn't matter how good of a shot you have. Another area he'd be interested in learning more about is speed bursts and where he stacks up with the rest of the league, especially his peers in the more recent draft classes like seasons 68, 69 and 70.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Hey hockey fans! Today, we're giving a shoutout to the guy who's like the hidden MVP of the Atlanta Inferno – Billy Herrington. Our local stats crew couldn't help but notice that Billy is the secret sauce keeping the Inferno on fire, all while staying lowkey. Let's break down why Billy Herrington is hands down the most underrated dude on the team. First off, Billy's playmaking skills are sneaky good. While everyone's busy talking about the guys scoring the goals, Billy's out there conducting plays like a maestro. His assists are like those quiet high-fives you miss in the chaos – subtle but crucial. Defensively, Billy's the unsung hero opponents didn't see coming. It's like he's playing mental chess out there, always one step ahead. You can almost hear him saying, "gotcha," as he shuts down the other team's plans. But what really makes Billy the MVP is his all-around game. Offense, defense, special teams – you name it, he's rocking it. All with this chilled-out vibe that says, "I got this." So, next time you're cheering for the Atlanta Inferno, give a nod to Billy Herrington. He might not be grabbing headlines, but he's the heartbeat of this team, steering them towards wins with a skill set that's lowkey legendary. Cheers to you, Billy, the quiet genius of the Inferno!

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

A lot has been written about Jarrod Lakemore's hot start to the season (12 goals in 10 games) and how he looks ready to take the next step and be the focal point of Buffalo's offense. But this isn't too surprising. Lakemore, playing in his fourth season, has slowly increased his production each season and is just about to enter the prime of his career. On closer examination however, Lakemore's first three seasons where he was mostly a physical presence and role player, have actually been very underrated.

The clearest example of this is in Lakemore's rookie season. Playing third line minutes with no power play time, Lakemore still managed 50 points in his rookie season while also being asked to be part of the top PK line. Buffalo's PK that season was a respectable 83.7%, and also scored shorthanded 14 times. True, Lakemore's numbers were nowhere near as gaudy as Bergmark, Hargreaves, or Salad, who deservedly led the rookie of the year race. But that season Buffalo would make an incredible cup run, and Lakemore stepped up his game further in the playoffs. He would lead the team in hits and shorthanded time on ice, while putting up 22 points in 21 games, good for second on the team. Yes, that Buffalo run was built largely around defense and goaltending, but you could easily make a case for Lakemore as having the best postseason of any Buffalo forward as they won the cup. So while this current season may mark Lakemore's breakout season by many, don't forget that Lakemore has already proven his value for Buffalo early in his career. (281 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Anonymous SMJHL Player Poll S74: The Best? The Worst? The Dirtiest?

...one player asked if they could name two for the most underrated: "Detroit's rookie defensemen. Both of them played a lot of hard minutes on a team we all expected to be real bad and didn't look out of place, like at all. Crappy numbers, but all Detroit looked pretty bad by the numbers and still beat up QCC in the playoffs. Simo (Jaaskelainen) is horrible to play against, 'cause even if you beat him you're going to be bruised and hurting the next day. He's not dirty, he's just a grinder. Like, a player you dread having to fight in the corners."

A forward from a Detroit division rival concurred: "If they had an award for best rookie by position, I think Simo would have deserved recognition for rookie defenseman. I may be biased having to go against him a lot, but the improvement in him from the first time we played to the last was obvious. I scored on him in the first game because he was trying to throw big hits all game long, but by the end of the season it was like playing against a new player. A good defensive defenseman doesn't get a lot of respect because the league is so focused on offense and he deserves some love."

[Image: Skree.gif]
[Image: xSn0esi.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

PB affiliate 
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=658997

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

Quote:Option 2:
Written Task: A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equipment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?

Honestly, the decision to wear the monitoring equipment for the season would depend on quite a few factors for me personally. Let's start with the privacy concern I'd have. How much data is being collected? Do I need to wear this on AND off the ice, or just during play? Where is my data going exactly? Will this equipment also record video/audio? All of these questions I'd need answers to before even considering this.

Another concern I'd have would be the compensation I'm being provided to assist with their product. Sure, I do understand they are a fan site and not a huge corporation, but my time and my privacy are both very important to me. For all I know, they'd like to monitor me while I use the locker room toilet to see how my heart rate fluctuates compared to how my heart rate is on the ice. I can tell you right now, they couldn't afford that.

So in closing, if they are willing to pay big, sign an NDA, and keep my data secure, I'm in.

188 words.

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

Written Task: A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equpiment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?

I would definitely accept this because more stats is always better. As a player who should be playing at their peak, if I can identify even a slight advantage in my game I am willing to take that step so I can stay ahead of my competitors. Being a good defender is hard to come by because you have to have decent offensive awareness and near perfect defensive play. Any slight mishaps could lead you to losing your chance at a cup and any subsequent awards. If I look at my stats right now after 12 games then I definitely want to see myself improving because I am either getting unlucky or there is something off with my performance. If monitoring equipment could fix that then I could not sign up fast enough. In fact, I do not see any scenario where I would ever decline this gear because the public are not on the ice playing the game, some times you just have bad days but some time you need the stats to show you that you are in a funk. Math does not lie. Sign me up!

[Image: seamsu_500.png?ex=66b438d3&is=66b2e753&h...96a382d50&]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2023, 11:13 AM by Eggcracker. Edited 1 time in total.)

Alvin Wong, the second coming of Jesus!

Welcome back to another edition of Under the radar! This weeks player spotlight is a special one as we highlight one of the SHLs rising stars that has flown under everyone's radar quite frankly. Being a rookie on a powerhouse team like the Edmonton Blizzard will have that effect, especially in a year that the team went all the way and won the Challenger Cup. In this article we will go through some of the underlying numbers that show why Wong is a star in the making and will not be under the radar for much longer on this Blizzard roster, or in the league as a whole.

Now a lot of analysts just go by the simple metrics of Points, +/-, or Corsi. However, at Under the radar we really like to focus on a different metric, not points per game, but specifically points per minute (ice time), this gives us a real impact of a player as there are some gems that produce even with limited minutes, and they tend to fly under the radar as they are buried in the lineup but can show signs of stardom if given the opportunity.

The perfect example of this is Wong in Edmonton. As a rookie, he lead all rookies in PPM metric with 0.063 or 1 point in every 15.8 minutes of play. Compared to other top rookies, Tony Soprano (PHI) 1 point every 16.6 minutes, and William Tree (TOR) 1 point every 19 minutes. If Wong had the same amount of icetime as William Tree, Wong would be sitting at 86 points compared to Tree's 72. On the Edmonton Blizzard, you can compare Wong's numbers to Eggward Elric, a solid 2nd line forward who with increased ice-time is clocking in the same 0.063 points per minute. 

If Wong continues to improve his game on top of these current metrics, he will definitely turn some heads in the league and people will start to take notice and maybe even shift their strategies on how they play him. It is this blogs own opinion that we think Wong should be a sure fire rookie of the year for his performance in season 73. 

377 words.

Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

It is surprising as Nik is the youngest player on the team in Manhattan so being told he is the most underrated player on the team is surprising. It would have to be because of his effort on the defensive side of the game and not the offensive. He has the elite  ability to block shot and can handle the puck in enough of a way to be decent. His defense game rating is second on the team which is really good for a rookie again. he is showing his skill at block shots early currently having 34 after 3 weeks. Now it doesn't sound like much because it not that much but again Nik is a rookie. he may not have to most offensive stats, but he will be the highest rated D rating rookie. And who knows maybe if the voting committee would recognize that instead of just offensive stats he could win rookie of the year

[Image: smith2.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2023, 12:27 PM by Leafs4ever. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 2:

I received an interesting proposal from a hockey data site the other day. They track on-ice analytics and want a player to wear some equipment on the ice to help them track certain stats. I was contacted, as were a few other players, to be someone to try it out. I was intrigued, but wanted to wear the equipment first to make sure it didn't affect my performance on the ice.

I tried the equipment out and it was all very tiny and discreet and had no impact on me so I decided to accept. I like the idea of giving fans a new perspective to the game. In this day, people are clamouring for more in depth statistics and analytics are a new wave of those. It gets the fans engaged, but also helps players and coaches identify new areas of need as well. You can use the information however you want, but I think we can all agree more information is never a bad thing. So, yes, I agreed to help and hopefully some interesting stats can come from this project.

(183 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 31] [Pts 37] [+/- +39] [PIM 42] [Hits 66] [SB 128]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]