Create Account

S74 All Star Week

gm pass

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

fileworker pass

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

HO Intern Pass

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 06:12 PM by Wheels. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones
+3

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

There exists a substantial and equitable correlation between Total Points Earned (TPE) and the likelihood of earning a spot in the all-star game or clinching major awards. This assertion stems from the simulator's tendency to disproportionately reward individuals with higher statistics compared to those with lower figures. Notably, this trend doesn't hold as consistently for goalkeepers, introducing a nuanced aspect. Overall, the relationship between TPE and performance forms a reasonably shaped bell curve. Additionally, team composition plays a significant role in this dynamic. For instance, a player with 2,000 TPE on a team where the next highest player has 1,200 TPE is likely to amass substantial points but may experience challenges with their plus-minus rating. The assessment of All-Star Teams depends on the specific statistics considered. If points are the primary criterion, TPE becomes a pivotal factor. However, if a more comprehensive set of stats is taken into account, team dynamics may weigh more heavily in the selection process.
159 Words
+3

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?
The inclusion of Jay Bryzi in the picks is a commendable decision. Bryzi's consistent progression is evident through his significant role in a youthful defensive squad, handling crucial minutes against formidable opponents. From managing top lines to leading in penalty killing, Bryzi's efforts were instrumental in Baltimore's success, earning him the top spot in points for defense. His well-deserved first All-Star appearance adds excitement, especially considering his status as the youngest player selected for the game. Bergmark's contributions have been pivotal to the success of the Platoon not only this season but in previous ones as well. With existing franchise records under his belt, he stands as a top scorer, if not the definitive one, for the team. NYR73, known for his leadership in the locker room and active involvement in the community, is deserving of the recognition that comes with his impressive point-scoring performances. Erik's recent stellar performances in the closing games of the season further emphasize his exceptional abilities.
161 Words
+3

+9 Total (8 Max)

1. Milestone TPE - 1 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465884 

2d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

There is only one reason that my player, Austin Morley should have been included in the All-Star game. No, that isn't because of his 46 points (34 assists!) or his plus/minus (-102!!). He should have been included because of his sheer grit and determination to go out there and perform for 66 games and do his futile best for his team.

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Once again, for the second season in a row, the only Manhattan Rage player to make the All Star game was Aksel Fiske. I think this is a good look for the Rage organization as a whole, but I am not sure the merits of Fiske in regard to how his peers in the SHL performed. While Fiske led the Rage in many categories, such as Points (goals and assists), they also had a -89 plus/minus and nearly twice as many give aways as take aways (83 to 44). I hate to talk poorly about a team mate, but honestly I am unsure of why Fiske was included in the All Star roster. None of their statistical numbers put them in the top 10 of any category, and as such, many of them were in the bottom half of the league. In reality, no player on the Rage probably should have made the All-Star Roster. (156)

4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

I think that there is a pretty distinct correlation between TPE and earning an All-Star game nod. When looking at the Eastern Conference roster, the youngest player is from S71 (for my own reference, this is the same season as my player). This means that even through regression, most All Star players are likely beyond 1000 TPE, with a majority of them between 1000-1500 TPE. Personally, I think that this is a solid range for All-Star players to fall within. What I don't believe is captured by this, however, is how your players performance compared to the team that you play for. My player, which is not quite to 1000 TPE (975 at this moment), didn't even sniff an All-Star nod. Despite having decent attributes, my player is on the Manhattan Rage, who had one of the worst statistical seasons that I can imagine. All that to say that I think that the league could use a mechanic to give a small boost to All-Star nominations based on TPE levels. (170)

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

gm pass

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +1
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2024, 01:56 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones

+3 TPE

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One

It is always bit of a hard task to pick one of your teammates over the others. While we had improvement in standings and in overall results during the regular season in the end if each team wasn't quartered someone to represent them even my player wouldn't have been part of the talks and when real all star lines or awards are picked I don't think my name should come up in those conversations. Despite all that I do think that Beau Kavanagh would be fine chose to join Mänty at all-star game. While their save percentage or goals against average isn't clearly as high as some others their wins column is looking pretty damn good for someone who plays most of the season behind one of youngest (also meaning it is one of the worst) defences in the leagues. They were third in total number of saves which already shows that they had to face a barrage of the shots during the season.

4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE

To be absolutely clear I don't think that TPE themselves should effect the selection of the all-star team as it is in the end a meta stat which isn't really measurable in real life. Though I get that players playing at bad teams at peak of their career are likely to have lot worse stats that what their player would deserve for all the effort put into it so being ignored for all-star nods could be annoying. While invidual TPE can help, the total TPE of the team is usually where the real power lies and when you get multiple great players on one team they feed each other and pad the stats to next level which is hard to ignore. So while it is not directly because of their TPE it is indirectly effected alot by their own but also by the TPE of their linemates and the rest of the team and hockey is a team sport, even if someone don't really like that fact.

Total: 9/8 TPE

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Code:

S74 Milestones

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Logo Logic
Make an alternate logo for this season's allstar game!

[Image: ALL_STARS_YUKON_LOGO-01.png?ex=65c67296&...56e25a650&]

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2024, 11:56 PM by PapaSorin. Edited 2 times in total.)

1) Milestones +2 tpe

6) [Image: photostudio-1706326799194.jpg]
+3 TPE

8)
With the last man in vote settled, the buzz around the league is following one player: Billy Hill.

Coming out of the SMJHL a season early, there was high expectations for the young defender to show flashes of that the Specters saw in him back in Great Falls when they traded to acquire his rights from Toronto. The All-Star committee however was less impressed with the great defensive metrics he had shown and instead highlighted his lack of offensive firepower as he was snubbed from the competition. In his career, he had never made the SMJHL All-Star game, so there wasn't a major shock when his name wasn't called, but the armchair analysts were left stumped because every good defensive pairing needs a guy who can feed the forwards the puck. When it comes to that, there's no one better than the Hillbilly, Billy Hill. There's always next year I suppose.
151 words, +3 TPE

[Image: photostudio-1720667986458.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2024, 03:16 PM by By-Tor. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones +3 TPE

2a. +1 TPE - I don't think there should ever be a case where 5 players from a single team make the all star game, let alone from the same conference. I'm sure most of these players are good, but that only leaves two discretionary spots for other teams. Texas, Chicago, and Winnipeg all have All Star caliber players this year that may be more deserving than all the players from just two teams. 

2d. +1 TPE - I think Marcel Beck should have made the all star game because he did a great job at not taking penalties this year and should be rewarded for his restraint. Sure, he had one of the worst statistical years of his career, but that doesn't matter, right? He was still better in almost every category than the Last man in spot for his conference. He's been voted last man in twice, I think, so why not make it 3 times. Maybe a record?

8. Snubbed - +3 TPE - Jay O'Neil should have been the last defenseman in for the Western Conference. O'Neil has consistently been one of the best defenseman in the league for years and had another amazing season. Tied for 9th in points among defensemen (5th in West), 5th in takeaways (2nd in West), 10th in hits (5th in West), with a respectable 127 blocks. Not only that, he led all Winnipeg players in Corsi in S74 with a team-low 28.8 shots against average. We are well into the Winnipeg fatigue era, and Jay O'Neil is a victim of this curse. There is no other defenseman in the West, that I know of, that is more deserving of that honor. Unfortunately, the last man in competition is a fan vote and skill and dominance are not considered. O'Neil is a bona-fide Hall of Fame defenseman and should be treated with the respect he deserves - not only a last man in vote, but should have been included in the first place. @Sburbine

8/8 TPE

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2024, 05:15 PM by oknom. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones link +3 TPE

4. There is without a doubt a positive correlation between TPE and likelihood and being nominated to an allstar game. The higher TPE for most players, the better performance in the sim. Better performance doesn’t mean identical performance though. For example, comparing all defensemen between 1,000 and 1,200 TPE will give you a range of production. Some of those players will have better offensive numbers due to their teammates, and some due to deployment and powerplay time. Now some of those same defensemen may have poor defense metrics. So no matter how you define the population, you will have a range of performances. I don’t think the committee needs to be doing anything above and beyond to get players into the all star game based on their TPE. It feels kind of weird to suggest that TPE has a value outside of the sim itself, like it should be handicapped or something. Its an objective measure for how active a user is on the site. I don’t think site activity needs to directly lead to making the all star roster, nor should it preclude it. (184 WC)

Prompt 4 +3 TPE

5. While I understand why John Brown made the all star game over JOLNGUSTRAADUVICH DUBOLK, they are virtually identical when it comes to stats. Both players took a huge jump forward this year and deserve part of the credit for a resurging Cuda team. Only 4 points separate the two blueliners, which was enough to put Brown in the top 10 of defenders for the league. The Cuda are under represented in the All Star roster with only Johnny Wagner-Svenson making for the forwards. Now we have to worry about whether Dubolk gets jealous of the fancy all star weekend Brown get to enjoy, despite them being virtually identical partners on the blueline! Did the committee take that into account? Hurt feelings? Well shame on them if they didn’t. Well . . .it’s not much of a philosophy, I know. . . so? So screw you! Don’t come read my all star week post, criticizing me! Don’t tell me how to live my life! (163 WC)

Prompt 5 +3 TPE

8/8 TPE

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

1. Milestones +3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465949

Quote:
Citadelles

GM Pass

[Image: TRVzgUB.png][Image: dEdEwDx.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

UsaUsaMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

PBE Affiliate +3

Code:

Milestones +3

6 TPE Total