Create Account

S75 PT0: Gebeneezer Boogie Due: Monday, February 12th @ 11:59 PST

Option 1:

IStir MyPudding is no stranger to weird dreams. On many occasions, after eating himself into a pudding stupor, he has been visited by strange beings looking to impart wisdom or find an easy spook. It takes more than that to spook little IStir MyPudding! A lifetime of stirring pudding and the ridicule that comes with it has made him quite tough mentally. But this one gets to him, oddly enough. Maybe just because not many of the visitors have any real meaningful connection to his past. He decides to revisit all the notes and tapes he has from sessions with the old guru, hoping to review the material before the ghosts come to visit. He stays up all night, furiously stirring and eating pudding in short bursts while his assistant swaps the tapes in the VCR. It gets late, but he keeps at it until, halfway between being awake and dreaming, he hears something...the first ghost, or someone flushing the toilet down the hall after trying one of the experimental pudding blends?

PBE Affiliate

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Option 2:

Full disclosure, I do not do any sort of physical training, working out, or anything of that sort, so I have no clue what I'm talking about Smile  With that out of the way, I think a period of true relaxation where you don't have to worry about physical fitness is key to coming back into the new season fresh. After your team is finally done with the offseason, you need to mentally rest. I'm talking no hockey, no physical regimens, maybe some light workouts on your week - two week long vacation, but that's it. Enjoy the downtime that you've earned after giving it your all for the season. Once that's done, start up with some exercises to get your body back into the zone of that physical exertion you expect from it. Once you're ready, get back to those hard drills and train like you've never trained before.

WC: 156

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

IFSL Affiliate +

Quote:
Citadelles

Graphic Task: Draw your player hitting the gym!

[Image: KS4yJ7G.png]

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

Option 2:

During the offseason, many hockey players use this opportunity to rest, heal, and ready themselves mentally for the next season. Typically they slow down their routines for a bit, and then start ramping up. This, however, is WRONG! In the SHL, it's a vicious world out there! The sim will on one day bless a player with great fortune, but then on the next, toss them into a pit of lava with loss after loss. A player needs to be doing all that they can to avoid this fickle beast. They must be in the gym for at least 4 hours every day. They must be on the ice for at least double that. And then, and only then, are they able to then rest two days before the preseason starts. This should be ample time for them to heal up, and become ready for the fresh new season. That's what Shadow Fenix does at least.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

So coach Tony visited me last night to complain about me not playing with heart? What a surprise, the old coot always hated me and picked on me non-stop. The joke is on Tony though as I play with my heart on my sleeve every game. Never afraid to sacrifice my body, whether that means throwing a check, taking a check in the corner or laying it all out and dropping in front of an absolute piss missile from the point while killing a penalty, no on will say Dan Johnston plays without heart. Now looking back on it I realize Tony just wanted to fire me up and honestly it works. I am now going out to make sure I play harder than ever, every single shift from here on out for the rest of my career. Thank you and rest in piece Tony. You will always be my most inspirational coach.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

Clint Clampton, player of the Hamilton Steelhawks, found solace in the countryside during the off-season. Hiding away in Northern Ontario, nestled in a cabin surrounded by towering pines, he crafted the perfect regiment that balances training, relaxing, and having fun. Mornings began with the crisp air filling his lungs as he jogged along forest trails, the rhythmic thud of his footsteps, the distant howl and cries of the local forest dwellers. Afternoons are dedicated for practice. The sharp scraping sound of skates, the snapping of the hockey sticks echoing through the trees. Reflecting about his time with the Steelhawks, what's next for Clint, determined to keep getting better. As the evening approaches, the unwinding begins. Cozying up by the smouldering coals of the fireplace. The flickering flames dance across the room. A calm night in with his two cats, and a hearty warm meal is really the cherry on top to a busy exhausting day. Once night falls, he resets and gets ready for the next day. Taking each day one at a time, until the season begins.

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Option 2:

As my player enters what should be hit prime, I have to prepare for this season like it's my last, because in many ways, it is. Early seasons you have to grind hard, but you also have spare time as your body recovers fast and you don't really care about the big picture. Now I need to put myself in a position that allows me to fall off gradually as I age, rather than torpedo myself straight off a cliff, head first into a pile of jagged rocks. So now I've approached a healthy balance of working out rigorously and on off-days, staring at the stat page from last season and holding myself accountable by revisiting old game-logs. I feel like by torturing myself with my failures last season, I will be able to hit another level of running head first into every game next season in an attempt to never let off the gas. Oh, I guess I'll try to hit the ice a few times to improve my puck-skills, but more importantly, staring at the stat page and lifting weights.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Now that Viktor is finally holding his own on the San Francisco Pride's first line (rather than being thrown to the proverbial wolves in seasons past), he's all in on training. While he's done nothing but improve more and more ever since being called up as a rookie, Hargreeves isn't anywhere near satisfied with how things currently sit. And that's for both the team and himself. He's never been a "relax for the sake of relaxing" kind of guy, so it's not a huge adjustment anyway. Outside of his longstanding off-season fundraiser for animal rescues in Quebec City and his new week-long hockey camp for kids, it'll be all ice all the time for Vik. Always with his favourite trainer aka his uncle, and sometimes with the company of friends from the Citadelles and the Pride of present and past. But yeah, basically Viktor would/will be training as though the season was all year-round with maybe a small break to sleep for a few days in a row.

Code:
169 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Option 2

During the off season all bets are off. You already have to follow a strict diet and training schedule during the season so the off season is a moment to relax and enjoy. Barbecue, beer, hard liquor and lot's of coke. Not that soft drink, but the white powder, you know. The season is already so long to have to endure none of those things, so during off season that is what I am doing. I know a lot of people do not appreciate me doing this, but once training camp starts I am fully back and concentrated. Might need a bit of detoxing right before the training camp, but most of the time I do not need it at all. I do not really have to do a lot of exercise during off season to stay fit, I guess I am just lucky that all the drinking does not seem to hurt me.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

A season can be long and grueling, especially for a playoff team. Giving it your all every game, and even more so in the playoffs can be really taxing on the body and very hard on the mind as well. When that all comes to a finish after being eliminated, I believe it is very important to take some time away from the game to relax and recuperate. This can vary for each player, but I find most of us take a couple week vacation somewhere warm and sunny. Just sitting and relaxing, not thinking about hockey at all. Of course that can not last very long, as the weights and cardio can start after a month or so, then back home and hitting the ice again. The season might only be six months or so, but being a player really is a full time job. At least it is if you want to keep getting better and keeping your job.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]